Page: ......
Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
Alright, a number of us have met in Toronto a couple of times now in Christie Pits park, and are going to be meeting on a semi-regular basis. Eariler tonight we thought it would be a good idea to start a thread for GTA spinners, where we can post meeting locations and times, and others can post to say if they'll be available, etc.

and...well, this is it. Enjoy, all.

PS. When did we decide we'd be getting together next? I wasn't paying too much attention I'm afraid...

Spacemember
63 posts

Posted:
What time at Cherry Beach on Sunday? My boys are coming down from K-Town for the weekend. But they may be gone in time, in such case, I might be able to come?!?!?!? Still missing everyone lots...

Stace

We risk sanity for moments of temporary enlightenment, each thought overcome by anticipation of the next, we take the breaks off

884 posts

Posted:
Who all is attending tomrrow night? I don't know what the usual procedure is...do meet at Christie first or just go to the Reverb?

Spacemember
63 posts

Posted:
OH! Sorry, just a little add on...If anyone knows of anyone looking for a place to live in TO let me know. I found an amazing place on Keele and Bloor that i'm trying to fill up. Thanx all!

Cheers,
Stace

We risk sanity for moments of temporary enlightenment, each thought overcome by anticipation of the next, we take the breaks off

lindaSILVER Member
93 posts

Posted:
hey all, had a blast tuesday, great that paddy and petey finally made trinity.
THIS WEEKEND:
SAT: Reverb - Davey said he'd be there for spinning at 10pm. I'm going to try and go. And will be going directly there. I know Davey, I and Vitaly are not going to Christie.
SUN: Cherry Beach party. go to parking lot and walk right. usually runs 2pm to 10pm. I'll probably go for 5pm. Hope to see stacey and vitaly there. Bethany, great news about promise. I thought you'd be missing this sunday, 'cause of going up north. Are you guys coming back in time. Hope so.

lindaSILVER Member
93 posts

Posted:
hey again, i just posted five more pictures in my photo album. (Go to photos, then down to file "linda"). Added ones of Oscar, Karen, Xoe and Boki with sparklers, Maxim's fire ropes, Fieryflow's green flame and glowsticks. Check 'em out.

Aurora (1/2 a firesister)GOLD Member
enthusiast
249 posts

Posted:
Hello all you bewtiful people

Glad to hear that you guys are still poi crazy...hehe I've been deprived and I'm just itching to get out for a burn

I'm must unpack right now...but there are people meeting up @ trinity on Tuesday right? I'll be there with bells on

~*Lindsay*~

Om Namah Sivaya

lindaSILVER Member
93 posts

Posted:
lindsay, welcome back!!! yep, tuesday at trinity. walk in from queen st. and you can't miss us. oh, check out paddy's picture file here, the "competition" photo

884 posts

Posted:
LINDZ!! How was your trip?? So good to hear from you!!

Vitaly and I were just wondering last night when you'd be coming back. See you on tuesday!

Mass Destruction Worldwidemember
83 posts

Posted:
Hey all you!! Linda, Davy, Paddy...great to see you Saturday night. Man, it had been forever!! and Linda, thanx again for the ride, my knees a little better than previous times Ive done that to it thanks to the immediate reiki and icing!!

So I still think Im gonna come out tonight (Im hopin anyways) and I might be draggin in another new face!

anywasy got a job interview today...woohoo and I need to go eat now. See you later guys!! Hope all you can make it out!

Cheers.

educate yourself - knowledge is power

enthusiast
249 posts

Posted:
It's so good to be back I know I said I'd be out tonite but I got some stuff to do....this whole experience has got my mind whirling with ideas. Anywho hope you all have some wonderful spins-see you on saturday (I swear this time )

*~Lindasy~*

Om Namah Sivaya

MissAstrofunkloveBRONZE Member
154 posts

Posted:
PROMISE CHERRY BEACH PARTY
after successfully moving last week's soundsystem to Carol's lovely rooftop on Sunday (thanks to all) we return back to the beach with some surprise special guests for the long weekend.

this MONDAY aug 5, 2 -10pm
~*~with~*~
The Reverend (deep dub reggae)
Rollin' Cash vs Marty (back 2 back breaks and 4/4)
Alvaro (cuban cansions)
Paul E. Lopez (roots house)
Sidney Blu (funky house)
and maybe some others

directions

Take Lakeshore Blvd East of Toronto, just past Parliament
Turn sound south down Cherry Street all the way to the parking lot at the end
Walk west (right) along the beach and you'll hear music
And, biking there is easy along the trails beside the lakeshore

~*~=*=~*~=*= If weather turns foul the day of, call 323.0361 for the emergency update.

See you there.

....dance like nobodieswatching.... oh no wait, I'm not watching! My eyes are shut *crash* hehe oops sorry did I bump into you? *blush*

Kevin Spencermember
8 posts

Posted:
finally discovered this board!!!

just want to know if any of you are hitting the nightmare/resistor/smirk party on august 10th...

www.nightmarehell.com

im going to be doing firebreathing, and maybe fire eating there.....but if you get a hold of my soon...(next few days....) i can arrange to have you bring any fire toys that you have, poi, sticks....

e-mail me at fllink@rogers.com

thanks

Kevin Spencer

lindaSILVER Member
93 posts

Posted:
hey kevin, welcome on board! If you want to meet fire spinners, come to cherry beach on monday. we usually show up around 5pm. (see previous posting). Also tuesday at trinity park, around 8pm. walk in from queen st. you'll hear the drums.

Kevin Spencermember
8 posts

Posted:
how long have you guys been spinning at cherry beach for??

i stopped going there about a year and a bit ago...few months after that started being used as a venue, and before the thugs were showing up for the jungle parties...

wont be able to make it monday though....but tuesday sounds good.....

hopefully i can find someone who will be inclined enough to spin at a party...either inside the venue, or outside during the lineup..

thanks

Kevin Spencer

Lahamember
1 post

Posted:
Hi everyone!

Would someone be able to tell me how to get to Cherry Beach by the TTC?

I've been spinning for almost a year now and haven't had the chance to see anyone else do it, save for the occassional short video of someone at a rave. So, I've been dying to meet others and hope to do so before the summer's out.

Gotta go now. My connection is flaky, but I'll try to check back soon. Bye!

-Adam

154 posts

Posted:
Kevin- The Promise guys (Dave and Irving) have been throwing free sunday afternoon ( 2 to 11pm ) parties there all summer.
No thugs, just a nice chill beach vibe!!!

Unfortunately I don't think there is ttc along lakeshore and down Cherry st. so I sugest a bike OR take a cab from Front st. OR bring a friend with a car.

....dance like nobodieswatching.... oh no wait, I'm not watching! My eyes are shut *crash* hehe oops sorry did I bump into you? *blush*

promisemember
3 posts

Posted:
Hey, just finally checked out your board here.

It looks like you are all pretty involved in poi and spinning and I admire that. I'm glad that we go past sunset on the beach on the weekend so you can have time and space to spin for others. It makes it all so much better. We will be doing it again next week.

By the way, can you believe that stilt-walking 12 foot red masked demon/bird that came along and started dancing to breaks? I have no idea......

Hey, can anyone put me in contact with Lindsay? She was awesome on Sunday. My email is mdave@sympatico.ca

thanks.
yes yes yall.

dave of Promise

884 posts

Posted:
People! I left my favorite sweatshirt at Trinity last night!! Did anyone by chance pick it up??

It's a black FDCO hoodie with stripes on the sleeves. It's tremedously comfy and if I've lost it like the bonehead I am I don't think I'll be able to forgive myself.

I know that it was sitting right by the tree. I thought I'd packed it in my bag and I only realized what I'd done once I got home.

If you found it, *please please please* let me know. And if someone on firewire could maybe send out a quick message asking if anyone on firewire fround it, I'd *reallllly* appreciate it...

Thank you so much everyone.

154 posts

Posted:
NO FEAR PADDY, MISS ASTROFUNKLOVE IS HERE!!

Yes, I found a lone sweater by the tree and it is now in the safe sweet hands of the lovely Miss Kiki!
I can tell her to bring it sunday or next tuesday or if you want it you could drop by her place. It's Up to YOU*!
BTW were those your sun glasses too?

*call me let me know tonight and/or for directions.

Well this is my last post for a little while as I leave for out west Friday. I wish I could bring you guys all along I don't think spinning will have quite the same magicalness without all of you guys there twirling along with me!! Have fun see you Aug.24

*huggzz*
B.

884 posts

Posted:
BETHANY!! THANK YOU THANK THANK YOU!! YOU ROCK SO MUCH!!

I was so worried...you don't know how relieved I am! I spend about 20hours/day wearing that thing in the winter!

Yep, they're my sunglasses too...I was just so worried about losing my cozy hoodie I didn't even think to mention them.

I'll pick them up from Kiki next tuesday...it's well out of your way to drop them off and I couldn't ask you to do that after you've already been picking up after my forgetful-ass self.

Thank you again Bethany (and Kiki), you absolutely rock. Have a lovely time out west!

<--- me all happy in hoodie
<--- me all cool in sunglasses

PS. just one more thank you. THANK YOU!!

884 posts

Posted:
Misread last post...thought you meant you were going to drop by *my* place, which would just be silly. If I am in the city I'll drop by and pick them up (as you were actually suggesting). I'll call you I have time, otherwise tuesday is cool! Thanks again!

lindaSILVER Member
93 posts

Posted:
hey gang, awesome weekend. monday was amazing (thank you promise - nice to see ya here, dave). the 12 foot red demon was ben, who is a friend of frank's. they belong to the anti-gravity circus. their members juggled fire and twirled staff on monday.
tuesday at trinity was great. when i left amazon was teaching two bicycle cops poi!
I'm going to lola's brainstorming tomorrow thursday at the cadillac lounge to come up with performance ideas for harvest festival. everyone's welcome. 8:30pm.
then amazon's party on fri. guess davey and friends are going to the reverb on sat. and of course, we'll see everyone at cherry beach on sunday.
LAHA, if you can't make cherry beach, try to come to trinity park on tuesday. drumming, poi, fun. 9pm, walk in from queen, listen for drums.
BETHANY, have a great trip.
LINDSAY, maybe we can do the yoga thing next week sometime.

yummimember
15 posts

Posted:
Okie some of you know me and some not yet but I Just wanted to say huge huge thanks to all of you.
I am 'Ren and I moved here from Vancouver just two short weeks ago. You have invited me into your circle you have shown friendship and acceptance and kindness like I have rarely experienced. You are incredibly talented, gifted, creative, souls that I am honored to know and to hang with. Many of you have taken me under your wing time and time again to show me poi moves and others have simply offered hugs and smiles which are so so important.
So here is a list just to say WOW YOU GUYS ROCK!
Davey - wonderful sexy spinner of fire and lover of people thanks for you openess and smiles.
Petey- Dood, what can I say? You rawk and you're a great lil poi teacher
okie this is gonna take all day so here are the shout outs!
Carole *woot*, Bethany *yay*, Keely, Donny, Matt, Paddy, Corinne, Promise crew, Jeff, Jolt, Stephanie, Crystal, Linda, Don and Lisa, Frank, DJS you guys move me, literally! Okie can't think gotta go to bed. There are some I've forgotten sorry bout that , but one and all thank you , you've made me feel very at home.
*BIG HUGS*

Life is GRAND and i am gratefulNamaste'Ren

maladminmember
46 posts

Posted:
Nice one yummy - just wanted to say thats pretty much exactly how I feel. I havent been around recently but I'll be back - hopefully soon.

We are made to persist. That's how we find out who we are. - Tobias Wolff

Mass Destruction Worldwidemember
83 posts

Posted:
Wow, is this circle ever getting huge!!!! Started with 5 and went to like 35!!! Yey for all of us! Its been fun finally getting out to Trinity the last 2 weeks....schools been crazy busy for me, Im in the middle of mid terms right now....AHHH! So much to do! Trinity gives me an opportunity to not think about school for a short time...heh!

So, Lindz....you find out anything about that *guy* ?? Heheh....Im bein such a girl...

Anyways see you all next week!

educate yourself - knowledge is power

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
Wowies i take a peek at the massive toronto thread and realise how much the scene is exploding. woot indeedly, my lucky maple mateys!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

Hi my pants are on firemember
26 posts

Posted:
HUH.......

154 posts

Posted:
PADDY - your so sweet! No prob. man I just saw it laying there by the tree so lonely I had to rescue it hehe
Anyway Keely (Kiki) will bring it to trinity on tues for you!

EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT 2 WEEKS I'm off, will miss you all muchly!

BC here i comne.......
*huggzz*
B.

SmokyDavySILVER Member
Do my poi look too small in this?
394 posts

Posted:
Kevin, I'll be spinning fire upstairs in the Resistor room, come check us out, as we have a pre-party poi session from 10-11:30pm at every party

Okay, is it just me or is Lindsey the most popular girl in school nowadays! Well Miss Popular, your gentlemen callers await

Bender T. Offender, this scene has just exploded since I started spreading the word far and wide. Its my hope that we'll be able to afford a venue (studio/club) to play in during the winter. Canadian winters are not friendly. Nice performance on the COL3 vid BTW!!!

Ren, Thanks girl! You rock!

enthusiast
249 posts

Posted:
Linda>>Next week would be purr-fect But it would have to be in the evening since I got maself a phat new job

MDW>>I took a peek after you had departed...He's a QT...next week you'll have to spin fire so he can see your skillz and fall head over heels for ya. And if you need a girl to giggle with while watching him you know who to call

Bethany>> Bring back some pics so I can be even more jealous that you get to go to BC We'll miss you....Have tons of fun bewtiful.

FieryFlow>>It must be the big bump over my eye...it makes me look rough...and you know your repatoire (sp?) of friends is not complete unless you've got one really badass friend

*Joins in on Yummi's big Group Hug "I luv all you guys"*

[ 10 August 2002, 07:48: Message edited by: SunSpot ]

Om Namah Sivaya

Page: ......