Page: ...
Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
Alright, a number of us have met in Toronto a couple of times now in Christie Pits park, and are going to be meeting on a semi-regular basis. Eariler tonight we thought it would be a good idea to start a thread for GTA spinners, where we can post meeting locations and times, and others can post to say if they'll be available, etc.

and...well, this is it. Enjoy, all.

PS. When did we decide we'd be getting together next? I wasn't paying too much attention I'm afraid...

SmokyDavySILVER Member
Do my poi look too small in this?
394 posts

Posted:
IMPORTANT NOTE:

The Tuesday nights at Yehudah's has been CANCELLED due to the people living there moving out.

Instead we'll be meeting at the Sandford Fleming Building on Wednesday nights. Which is north of King College rd. and College st., on the West side.

The closest subway station is Queen's Park, and you go west from Queen's Park Station to get there.

Go down the stairs and turn right, you'll see people spinning poi and juggling from 6:30pm -> 9:30pm

See you there!
D

[ 03 November 2002, 10:17: Message edited by: FieryFlow ]

lindaSILVER Member
93 posts

Posted:
well, I'll see ya all on wed.

i just checked out the harvest pictures at www.tribe.ca Great pictures, especially the one on page 5. Too bad you can't download them. I love the fire one on Davey's toronto jugglers page. I did download that!

Digital Patchworkmember
5 posts

Posted:
Forest party this friday nov. 8!

Check event's thread for details!

In the beginning, he made a groove, and with this groove, he made us move.

lindaSILVER Member
93 posts

Posted:
wed. was fun. thank you meenik for showing us some new moves.
The Toronto Tam Tam thing on sat. was pretty neat too. 40 drummers in a dance studio and lots of dancing. Oscar, Dawn and I spun glowy toys.
I just posted the burningman decompression party on the toronto events thread.
Oh, also, I bought my fire ropes (aka fire snakes) from a california company, they had lots of neat toys including fire hula hoops. They're webpage is www.bearclawmfg.com

Hi my pants are on firemember
26 posts

Posted:
ok motha fuckas, my witch and I are getting married as some of you know, we will be glad to have you. wed/13 / at 1:00 at city hall, at the wedding floor, I think is the 3rd but I'm not sure. ( there's no dress code ) please come a bet early. LOVE YOU ALL yeah!!

Amazonmember
9 posts

Posted:
This isnt really a poi related thing, but WTF, hey you should come!

The Toronto Burn Community Presents:
STARRY * PLAYA * NIGHT
Toronto 2002 Decompression Party
check out https://www.burningmooseman.ca/decomp/

for info!

see you all there yo!
AMAZON

MissAstrofunkloveBRONZE Member
154 posts

Posted:
Hey HMPAOF
I so wish i could have been there this afternoon!! I hope every thing was magical and beautifull!!
Congragulations to you both!!
Will you be celibrating with poi tonight??
and perhaps come to IV lounge so we can all toast your nuptuals with yummy martinis
hehehe

supper *huggzz*
B.

....dance like nobodieswatching.... oh no wait, I'm not watching! My eyes are shut *crash* hehe oops sorry did I bump into you? *blush*

chrystel starrmember
30 posts

Posted:
CONGRADULATIONS うぇうぇhjh
On Your Wedding HiMyPantsAreOnFire!!!!!!

Did you spin fire in city hall?? That would have beat out your own record of fire in a canoe and a real church with nuns.....

Hope you have fun on your Honeymoon

love and flames
chrystel

lindaSILVER Member
93 posts

Posted:
hi all, I'm so sorry I missed U of T poi last Wed., things got hectic here.
I just posted DAWN AND OSCAR'S WEDDING PICTURESin my photo album. Hit COMMUNITY (above) and then photo album, then go to bottom right, to file marked "linda".

Aurora (1/2 a firesister)GOLD Member
enthusiast
249 posts

Posted:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVEY!!!!

I would've written this sooner but it's taken me the past two days to recover from your crazy party hoping birthday bash. Oh my goodness what a nite.

Lots of luv Davey...hope 24 is treating you well thus far.

*~Lindsay~*

[ 19. November 2002, 10:12: Message edited by: SunSpot ]

Om Namah Sivaya

Spacemember
63 posts

Posted:
YAY!!!! I'll see you all (or you some) on Wednesday! YAY!

We risk sanity for moments of temporary enlightenment, each thought overcome by anticipation of the next, we take the breaks off

SmokyDavySILVER Member
394 posts

Posted:
quote:
Lots of luv Davey...hope 24 is treating you well thus far.
Well I'm thinking slower, my memory is blurred, my jaw feels like its going to fall off and my liver feels like I'm 65 years old.

If this is what it feels like to be old then I definitely feel it!

Can't wait to see u guys tonite!
D

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
crap dammit, I stop checking HoP for two weeks and miss everything!

Oscar and Dawn, *congratulations*! I know how happy you both make each other. you two will have countless happy years together, I'm sure!

and Davey, happy birfday man! wish I could have been there! hell, I wish I'd just heard about it soon enough to send timely regards!

hope to see you all tomorrow...davey I will give you a ring.

chrystel starrmember
30 posts

Posted:
Konichiwa

umm... so i know that where i am isnt as cold as where you guys are so i thought i would ask for some advice from the proffesionals.

HOW DO YOU SPIN POI WITH FREEZING COLD HANDS!!!!

not to bitch or anything but this is my first winter in four years and i dont like it... somebody turn the sun back on!!

Just thought mybe there was an easier solution than me breaking my lamps by staying inside.

hope you are all havin way too much fun!!!

26 posts

Posted:
OK fine srew you all! exept patty ( just because he said happy marry ) and ... but srew linda for not comming on wed.... unles shes out of the country,. Cool for lindsay and frank, and you., bye. where's miss astro funk with super somewhere fckk!! bye

chrystel starrmember
30 posts

Posted:
gessuuss Himypantsareonfire you sound a little stressed... is the miel de luna over or what?

love chrystel

ps... sigh, still no kevlar or fire kids in japan

SmokyDavySILVER Member
394 posts

Posted:
you must understand... He was over at my house.. very stoned, and it took him 25 minutes to write that.

lindaSILVER Member
93 posts

Posted:
hey pants on fire, I AM OUT OF THE COUNTRY!! am in Thailand having a lovely time. There's a group of poi people in Bangkok that meet everyday. So was spinning in a park yesterday. A Thai boy broke my new glowy toys. It was just like home! They aren't allowed to do fire anymore. Oh, Chrystel, there was a Japanese spinner there, but he's not going back to Japan for two months.
The leader of the group makes most of the toys sold in Bangkok. He invited a few of us over for dinner last night and we did contact juggling all night. He can do 4 balls in one hand and balance 3 balls on the back of his hand!
A few days ago, Stephen (who I met at HOP) took me to an orphanage and got to play with the kids. one of them taught me diablo!

lindaSILVER Member
93 posts

Posted:
of course, i miss you guys! but not the weather.

26 posts

Posted:
Cool for linda! yeah! Humm... see you some of you motha fu... tonight?? yeah? Cool ....and no I wasnt stressed!!!! no no NO NO!!!! arrggh!

SmokyDavySILVER Member
394 posts

Posted:
such a way with words, you remind me of myself when I had a brain aneurism.*sigh*

chrystel starrmember
30 posts

Posted:
Glad to hear everything is normal.

Linda, glad you are having fun. Find out where the guy from japan lives!!1 And if you meet someone named John who was hanging out with a bunch of fire twilers in thailand tell him hello from me. Of course if we both bump into one more person while out of canada, the coincidence factor will probably cause the universe to implode.

Firey Flow, glad to hear that you still can manage to have people at your house in such a state that it takes 25 minutes to write such lovely poetry.

HMPAOF, bueno, no tiene mucho stress, puedesare tiene un poco frio dentro su espirito? recuerdo la vida es por juegar!!!

love, laughter and flames

Chrystel

SmokyDavySILVER Member
394 posts

Posted:
HMPAOF is temporarily out of service.

MissAstrofunkloveBRONZE Member
154 posts

Posted:
Hi guys
It's way harder to get on the net here in Ontario than in Thailand! And ooooh NEW emoticons, how fun!! weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!
Glad your having fun Linda!! Have you got to railey beach yet? They were doing fire spinning when I was there (at railey)....No fire in Bangkok, does that mean you havn't seen any kevlar poi for sale too...on Kosan rd?? <--sp???
Anyway just thinking how jelous I am

HMPAOF - so glad some one misses me *MWAH*

Chrystal - so good to hear your voice last weekend..sorry me was a little drunk

hope to party with ya soon!!
*huggzz* to all

B.

....dance like nobodieswatching.... oh no wait, I'm not watching! My eyes are shut *crash* hehe oops sorry did I bump into you? *blush*

SmokyDavySILVER Member
394 posts

Posted:
Chrystel, have you e-mailed anyone in the "Meet Others" section? there's more in there than there are in Toronto from what I can tell..

Either way, try going to a psy-trance party... There might be some people there.

chrystel starrmember
30 posts

Posted:
yeah i emailed people but i think the transient factor here in japan is even higher than in toronto, so maybe people have already moved on.

i will survive, i am still spinning practice poi on my appartment buildings roof

why is HMPAOF temporarily out of service???

mssastro, sounded like you guys were having a blast at the party!!!

you guys are tempting me to run over and visit thailand for a quick vacation, of course with my luck i would end up staying for years and ... well its too bad we cant live three lifetimes at once

hope everything is wicked

love, light and laughter
chrystel

PS Lst wk i saw my first snow fall in years,yuck!

chrystel starrmember
30 posts

Posted:
where is HiMyPantsAreOnFire?????

should i be worried.....

HAPPY SOLSTICE and Holidays!

SmokyDavySILVER Member
394 posts

Posted:
He's okay.. just cold and not liking it.

26 posts

Posted:
WHAZ UP! MOTHA...humm,I wasn't ever really gone, I dont know what's with that shit! but here I am! I was just sleeping for a bit, but I'm glad yoallright, I had lots of firefun on saturday, yey! and wazzup tomy carnales, linda, cristal,bethany, yo paddy cool seen you on wed davy, sun spot,franky boy and yoall motha's in sry lanka ...coolyo I know

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
I'll be visiting Toronto 3rd week in april. I need to make firey contacts. Anyone want to play?

Are we nearly there yet?

Page: ...