Page: ......
Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
Alright, a number of us have met in Toronto a couple of times now in Christie Pits park, and are going to be meeting on a semi-regular basis. Eariler tonight we thought it would be a good idea to start a thread for GTA spinners, where we can post meeting locations and times, and others can post to say if they'll be available, etc.

and...well, this is it. Enjoy, all.

PS. When did we decide we'd be getting together next? I wasn't paying too much attention I'm afraid...

SmokyDavySILVER Member
Do my poi look too small in this?
394 posts

Posted:
Busking license is quite difficult to get, have to apply through city hall.

We meet regularly in Trinity Bellwoods park, and soon we'll have an indoor venue to play in during the winter. It'd be lovely to have a visitor from any far-away lands

E-mail me, or anyone else from this thread for further info.

SmokyDavySILVER Member
394 posts

Posted:
To all poi peeps w/ blacklight active gear, we will be invading this party from 10-11:30 so we can play with music:
--------------------------------------

To all Cyber-Hippies, Psy-Freaks, Techno-Goth, Goa Heads, Children of the BlackLight and all Agents of the Toronto Psychedelic Underground,

https://www.R351570R.com
--->> monthly TorPsy Propaganda Service

First Impressions - R351570R/SMERK/ScreamingMantra
Saturday SEPTEMBER 28th, 10PM to 5AM
19+, ROAR, $10 at door
Reverb at the Big Bop - 651 Queen St. W @ Bathurst
intel - www.r351570r.com and www.smerk.ravewave.com and www.screamingmantra.com and www.ap-records.com

PTK [Double-Agents, Global Trance Network, Records]
Yeb [ISMS-AP Records, Iboga, BlackLightActivists]
Dam [DeepSeaFish, Volume Lounge]
Psy-Clone [R351570R, Double-Agents Records]
Opel [Uber Industries, London ON]
Twitch [Activate, Digital Love]
https://www.ap-records.com/img/first-impression.jpg

https://www.ap-records.com/img/ap-outnow-banner.gif

**copies of Mushroom Magazine will be available for $2 Canadian - both Intershroom 1 and 2, as well as July's German edition [with its article about Psy in Toronto] will be available from the front** https://www.mushroom-media.com

MissAstrofunkloveBRONZE Member
154 posts

Posted:
ok Davy don't give me the lazy excuse again cuz it takes less time to load up the thread I started for party info than this one so please use "Beach party TORONTO ONT. and other festivities" for posting party info!
~thanks!

I'm just trying to make our lives easier, tidy and more organized!

SPEEKING OF WHich besides this one davy just posted here I posted a few other party info you all might want to chec out!!

*huggzz*

B.

....dance like nobodieswatching.... oh no wait, I'm not watching! My eyes are shut *crash* hehe oops sorry did I bump into you? *blush*

SmokyDavySILVER Member
394 posts

Posted:
I have my eyes trained for "Official Toronto Thread" Its heard to break out of that kind of pattern.

KaliBRONZE Member
577 posts

Posted:
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to see how you all are doing and to find out if anyone got any pictures from the Harvest Festival.

Hugs all around.
Judith

Beauty is the conscious sum of all our perversions.-Salvador DaliHope without action is hopeless.

Hi my pants are on firemember
26 posts

Posted:
hello so so.... is there a cherry this weekend?? or... what's happening this weekend ?? nobody likes me because of my pants!!!! humm anyone ? screw you all!!!!

884 posts

Posted:
Hey there firely peoples,

I'm in London this weekend visitng my sister at western...I'm coming back on sunday and I've got a nice long layover in toronto on the way. I was wondering if anyone was going to be around union that day...we could go spin for an hour or so or maybe catch a quick lunch.

the train gets in at 1:40 and I'll have to be on the next one by 3:10. So if anyone is going to be around and would like to meet up, let me know! it would be luvely to see you guys.

SmokyDavySILVER Member
394 posts

Posted:
Hey Vitalyo!

I have been trying to find that juggling club for the past 2 months!!! I called student affairs religiously for a week with NO response, and I tried every website connected with U of T I could find!!

DETAILS PLEASE!!!!

This could be exactly what we need!!!

Directions? TTC Station?

Whats the deal?

Judith, no pictures that I've seen yet. I am still trying to track stuff down but nobody is telling me anything as usual.

Paddy, you know my number (647-999-3204), call me on Sunday, I may still be downtown.

HUGS!!
D

lindaSILVER Member
93 posts

Posted:
VITALY - Yes, Tuesdays are still on at Trinity, love to see ya there!
PADDY - Miss ya! Not sure what I'm doing sunday, but if I'm near union....
JUDITH - I have harvest pics. Two of you. One with Oscar & Frank and another putting your fire fingers on. If you want, I can send copies via e-mail.

884 posts

Posted:
actually linda, I meant last Sunday...
It was realllly short notice.
miss you all!

154 posts

Posted:
LINDA - bring pic's to the park tonight PLEASE !!
AND anyone else with pic's!!

in the mean time here's the link to the Trib board where there are sum pic's. Scroll down to the fire pic's! WOW! They realy show how big that fire was and you will aslo see Paddy Lindsay and ME!! Blow that are 2 pic's of Petey.

https://216.234.51.66/board/showthread.ph...25&pagenumber=3

[ 09 October 2002, 09:27: Message edited by: MissAstrofunklove ]

....dance like nobodieswatching.... oh no wait, I'm not watching! My eyes are shut *crash* hehe oops sorry did I bump into you? *blush*

Aurora (1/2 a firesister)GOLD Member
enthusiast
249 posts

Posted:
I had fun tonite....all the new toys gave me some 's

Tanks for the beer Davey...I soooo needed it

Vitalyo>>Wednesdays are super busy for me...but please post if you guys ever play on any other day.

*~Lindsay~*

[ 09 October 2002, 19:58: Message edited by: SunSpot ]

Om Namah Sivaya

26 posts

Posted:
nice to see you all you fuckers at the park. linda those new toys are fucking cool!!!

154 posts

Posted:
himypantsareonfire - *in the voice of the catapillar*
WHO R U ??
and why so....
volitile

26 posts

Posted:
HA HA HA!! ( evil laugh )
I'm the one under your bed, with sharp teeth and eyes glowing rrred!!
I'm the one under your stairs, with snakes as fingers and spiders in my hair.
I'm the one hidding in your closet with... with...humm I forgot.

154 posts

Posted:
I just wantted to say I hope to see all you guys at the FREE OUTDOOR party in the forsest (science center area) this FRIDAY (oct. 11) !!!
=*= SEE INFO IN the
"TORONTO ONT and area Festivities" thread =*=

If not
EVERYONE Have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!
I know I'm super thankfull I met all of YOU!!
*mwah*

B.

chrystel starrmember
30 posts

Posted:
Helooooo

so, i am missing all the fun and now i am left in the depths of my curiosity... linda, what new toys do you have? and how cool are they???

Here in japan i am trying to find new gadgets to make poi ... i am climbling up on my appartment roof to spin...

so far i have heard back form one kool kat in tokyo who spinns at partis and so... maybe someday soon you guys could come visit the up and coming tokyo thread... you never know what could happen in this crazy world...

someone spin some fire for me this weekend please... i am going thrrrrough withdrawl... eight weeks with out real fire chains.....sigh

you are all wicked
ms astro hello and i could tell you who mypantsareonfire is, if you ask really sweetly...
love you all!!!!

sayonara

chrystel starrmember
30 posts

Posted:
oh, my gosh

last night at a japanese cultural festival i saw the coolest hat in the world. this hat had a long stick shooting out the back with a three meter ribbon attaches to that and the four guys whereing them did a dance with drumms and twirled their heads so that the ribbons moved in beautiful poi patterns simaltaneously.... imagine doing poi with out useing your hands!

we should make some fire ones.....

ciao

cheeekkkkos

26 posts

Posted:
NOOOO!! dont tell her! she has to guess

enthusiast
249 posts

Posted:
Hey Vitalyo...what time and place??...I think I can make it this wednesday

Om Namah Sivaya

154 posts

Posted:
WOW That forest Party was really FUN!! I hope they throw another one soon!

Linda if your comming out tonight please bring your pic's!!

How did your guys gig go at the Gov.??
...hey that's kinda toungtwisterish

OH and himypantsareonfire...I don't need to guess ...I think I know
WHAHAHAHAHA!
You didn't think you could hide under my bed forever did you??

*huggzz*
B.

[ 16 October 2002, 07:59: Message edited by: MissAstrofunklove ]

154 posts

Posted:
OHOHOH I got to spin FIRE a few last times up at my parents trailor this past weekend...my dad had some citranella oil..so I gave them and their firends a little show. They were all very impressed. I'm glad I got to give it a final go !! for this year.

[ 16 October 2002, 08:00: Message edited by: MissAstrofunklove ]

26 posts

Posted:
You guys have to beat this: last weekend I did fire... are you ready? inside a real-life-church!! ... yeah yeah, where people go and pray and stuff, where theres a priest and nuns and the hole thing, can you do better than that?? WHO'S THE MAN!

enthusiast
249 posts

Posted:
^^I was really really close to going...do I still get a beer?

Om Namah Sivaya

MeenikSAPPHIRE Member
enthusiast
272 posts

Posted:
OK, so I'm coming to Toronto for three weeks. Tuesdays. Cool. I'll be there.

Here's the thing: I'm feeling a strong itch to do as much practice as I can this winter. It's getting cold/dark to practice in parks. Any tips on other places to go inside to practice? Gyms, dance studios, etc? I'm a very very enthusiastic practitioner, and I'd love to hook up with people in any capacity... er, but especially in places with music and mirrors.

Looking forward to seeing some of you.

Peace,

Nick

"They're interdimensional fractal intelligences. That's why they wear funny shoes."

154 posts

Posted:
Welcome Meenik
I look forward to meting you tonight

SmokyDavySILVER Member
394 posts

Posted:
https://www.physiks.com/promethea/tojugglers.htm

Come and spin with us Nick!

D

enthusiast
249 posts

Posted:
Hey the Jeepers Creepers Party was fuuuun on Saturday. I was so impressed with everyone's costumes. Hey I wonder who one for creepiest/scariest costume <
Well I was bouncing all over the place that night (what can I say the costume went to my head ) ..Well I missed most of the djs that night cause of the party down the street and carols cozy room but luckily I managed to catch a bit of Davey's set>>hey man I guess you were just born to spin things >>I had fun dancing to that until I had to go fight the forces of evil on the rooftop *evil laugh*

Hope everyone else had lots of fun too

So I'm probably gonna miss tomorrow but I'll see you some of you on Wednesday.

*~Lindsay~*

Om Namah Sivaya

154 posts

Posted:
Yeah Lindsay you sure looked cute as a bunny
I had a great time climbing the roof with ya!!

WIll miss you tonight!

Everyone should come out to IV Lounge on Wed.Oct.30 IT"S FREE!!
chill with a martini and celibrate DJ mathew's b-day! It's gunna be fun
IV loung on Dundass(@Beaverly) across from the AGO

*huggzz*

Bethany

[ 30 October 2002, 10:24: Message edited by: MissAstrofunklove ]

SmokyDavySILVER Member
394 posts

Posted:
Vitalyo,

I went to the jugglers meet and met two people who I can't remember the names of. I don't know, both are jugglers..

Either way, we're all allowed to come down, so I've added it to the flyer. There'll be a lot more people next wednesday.

u owe me a beer eh?

Page: ......