Page: ...
Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
Alright, a number of us have met in Toronto a couple of times now in Christie Pits park, and are going to be meeting on a semi-regular basis. Eariler tonight we thought it would be a good idea to start a thread for GTA spinners, where we can post meeting locations and times, and others can post to say if they'll be available, etc.

and...well, this is it. Enjoy, all.

PS. When did we decide we'd be getting together next? I wasn't paying too much attention I'm afraid...

opiamember
9 posts

Posted:
Bethany - not sure...I don't think I'll be there till the last one..maybe one or two before, depending on when everyone else leaves....we're heading to that Masters of the Chi party after.

peace&cheers,ra :)

Aurora (1/2 a firesister)GOLD Member
enthusiast
249 posts

Posted:
doh I thought the meet was on saturday....argh...that means I won't be able to get there until 9:30. Think you guys will still be there?

Om Namah Sivaya

Mass Destruction Worldwidemember
83 posts

Posted:
So Im still confused...what day, and where and...umm???

educate yourself - knowledge is power

MissAstrofunkloveBRONZE Member
154 posts

Posted:
a million apologies
i didn't mean to type friday!!!

it's SATURDAY @ HighPark

*huggzz*
B.

....dance like nobodieswatching.... oh no wait, I'm not watching! My eyes are shut *crash* hehe oops sorry did I bump into you? *blush*

154 posts

Posted:
who's going to trinity bellwoods park tonight to meet the other poi group??

The Parks not hard to find...on queen st. and also dundas st. (the parks pretty big)
3 or 4 blocks west of Bathurst.

Give me a call (no computer after 5:30pm) if you want to hook up and go together.

*huggzz*
B.

....dance like nobodieswatching.... oh no wait, I'm not watching! My eyes are shut *crash* hehe oops sorry did I bump into you? *blush*

884 posts

Posted:
Hey doods,
The June 1st pics are now up on the Toronto Poi site, so you can get 'em here. Version 2.0 of the page is currently in the works.
I'll be there at High park on Saturday.
Also, I will ask my boss tomorrow if I can get Friday of Om off. Will then finally be able to sort out some a ride, if anyone would would be willing to give me a lift...
Anyways, enjoy.

BrianCmember
2 posts

Posted:
Hey folks,

sorry for being awol for so long, but I haven't been able to get free for the last few saturdays. Took a look at your website Paddy, and those photos are looking sweet! Likely won't be able to make this saturday either, but I'm aiming to check out the Tuesday group down at bellwood. Hope to see some of you there.

Cheers

Karenmember
12 posts

Posted:
hey all,

So at last Saturdays meet as we were coming to a close I finally got the itch - I did fire!!!!!!
What a great feeling:)

Not sure if I can make it to Highpark this Saturday, blah, and in terms of the following weekend am hoping to see the majority of you at OM Fest. To let everyone know, our band (Kan'Nal) will be performing there Friday night, (21st) at 3:00am - so please come and check us out!!!!
There will be firedancing.

xx Karen

chrystel starrmember
30 posts

Posted:
Hey Firey flow

when on the 15th of june in high park??? Near which subway station???

will be there with firey bells on....

154 posts

Posted:
chrystel starr - any time after 4pm
Subway: bloor line, Keel station
(read back posts )

i will have my cell phone (scroll back for my #)

*huggzz*
B.

[ 14 June 2002, 07:48: Message edited by: MissAstrofunklove ]

83 posts

Posted:
Man, I really hope I can make it this saturday...seems our "little" group is not so little anymore!!! Yey Toronto pyros! Anywhere specifically in High Park we're all meeting guys?? MissAstroFunkLove...u seem to know a little more about whats up...any details for me?

Hope to see you all Saturday. Im feeling a little left out, since missing the last few "poi parties"
:(Its always so much fun!!!

Flames takin over the parks of T-Dot! Oh ya!

Cheers!

lindaSILVER Member
93 posts

Posted:
DIRECTIONS for sat, june 15 meet. Go to Keele subway, walk into park, look for grassy area on left of path.
OPIA, I still love my poi!!!
MISS ASTROFUNKLOVE, I went to the Tues group. It was fun, will tell ya all about it.
PADDY, probably can give ya a ride. Leaving Friday morning. We'll talk.
See ya all on saturday! 4pm

lindaSILVER Member
93 posts

Posted:
Miss Astrofunklove, I wanted to e-mail Peter and Oscar about saturday, but have lost their e-mails, could you contact them?

Bokimember
9 posts

Posted:
Hey guys i have an idea to make our own website with our bios and stuff. Here is is my bigging page. Its not finished so stay tooned.

Spacemember
63 posts

Posted:
Where's the page?!?!?

We risk sanity for moments of temporary enlightenment, each thought overcome by anticipation of the next, we take the breaks off

Spacemember
63 posts

Posted:
Hey everyone, looks like i'm in for Saturday. Yay! I haven't had a chance to spin ALL week! I wont be able to stay too long though I dont think...which reminds me! Paddy, what time are you going by? I have something for you...

Smiles and hugs,
*Space*

We risk sanity for moments of temporary enlightenment, each thought overcome by anticipation of the next, we take the breaks off

154 posts

Posted:
thanks Linda for the directions into the park!
I'll call both Oscar and
Peter....We can even knock on his door hehe (he lives right at Bloor and Keel)
Cant wait to hear about tues.night - I got a migraine headacke this week has been terro for my poor head!!!

Praying for sunny weather for Sat.!!!
*huggzz*
B.

SmokyDavySILVER Member
Do my poi look too small in this?
394 posts

Posted:
Okay, so I'm in toronto, and I'll see you guys tomorrow. I see that Bethany is organizing everything, so I'll discuss everything with her tonite.

Look forward to meeting you all tomorrow!!!

opiamember
9 posts

Posted:
Hey all

I'm working on the poi today intently...trying to get at least a few done to bring to the park this afternoon...well evening..I think I'll be there around 5pmish...I'll just bike over since I'm down the street.

If anyone's interested in buying new comet poi with the removable tails, please bring 25-30$(depending on which ones you want, some will be better than others). I will only be bringing like 3 poi maybe so first come first serve!

if you're not sure what i'm talking about, i made linda and bethany's poi, just remember or have a look at theirs.

so see everyone tonight at around 5pm at highpark!

p.s. if you're wondering why i'm not going to ward's island like originally planned, i'm sure you can figure the rest by noticing the nasty weather :/ oh well... highpark it is!

peace&cheers,ra :)

twirlgirlmember
13 posts

Posted:
Hey everyone!

I don't live anywhere near Toronto, but I'll be in town the last weekend of June for Synthpop Goes the World, and I was wondering if there was any chance I could meet any of you. Are you guys planning on getting together that weekend? Is anyone, by chance, going to SGtW??

Thanks!
twirlgirl

SmokyDavySILVER Member
Do my poi look too small in this?
394 posts

Posted:
Absolutely wonderful meeting all of you yesterday. The weather was crap, but that gazeebo is perfect for bad weather gatherings

Chrystel, I'm not sure about other gatherings, there's probably going to be one, but I am really foggy on when they are...

So where is Trinity-Bellwood park?

I'm having trouble organizing this list of poi gatherings in my head.

lindaSILVER Member
93 posts

Posted:
Wow, last night was awesome. Fiery Flow, great to finally meet you. I love your flags and other toys, thanks for teaching me the new moves. Peter, thanks so much for bringing Pizza. Yum. Sunspot, I haven't been jogging in the rain for months. Thank you. Boki and Vitalyo what happened to you guys. We missed you.
The next poi meet is tuesday at trinity. It is led by the very talented Lola from Austin. Trinity is about 7 blocks west of Bathurst, on Queen. Take the road into the park, follow it to the right, and then go toward the light. Last week they were under a tree. Previous weeks they've been in the pit.
Generally, it's Saturday at Christie and Tuesday at Trinity. Our Tuesday contact is pronounciatmento. Check his previous posts on this page.

Bokimember
9 posts

Posted:
Sorry guys but I didn't know where to go exacly and I realy wasn't fealing up for it the rain was soo depresing.

83 posts

Posted:
What up Kats!!!

Saturday was a blast, rain and all! Fiery Flow, good to meet ya and thanx for the help on...well all the tricks I still cant do!! haha Looking forward to collaborating more ideas with ya on the whole "performance scene" thing!

Was good to see everyone I actually saw...too bad I had to leave early!

Everyone goin to OM...have a freakin fantastic time!!

Cheers!

884 posts

Posted:
Hey doods,

I posted this in the Om festival thread...I don't think anyone saw it, so I thought I'd post it here as I do need a bit of help...

quote:
Bethany (or anyone else that's been to OM)!
I'm beginning to set stuff aside for packing now because if I don't start now I won't be ready till august. I was just wondering if anyone could enlighten me with insiders tips on what to bring. So far I'm thinking flashlight, clothes, and...erm...well that's where you come in. If anyone could help I'd appreciate. Thanks.
I've since thought of a few other things...plate & cutlery for food, sunscreen, and food for communal kitchen. Is there anything else I should bring?? What do people do for light after dark, in terms of lighting large areas? Are torches a good idea?

Also, I'm going to pay at the gates as it would cost more for me to drive to TO and get an advance ticket. Is there a chance it will be full and they won't be letting anyone in without a ticket? I'll go grab one if there's any chance that will happen.

THanks!

884 posts

Posted:
Ooo, we're on page 4 now.

enthusiast
249 posts

Posted:
^^I've never been but I'm thinking a tent (unless you're sleeping in your car) & blankets/sleeping bag *shrugs*...swiss army knife..I never go away without mine

Hey Vitaly-oh I'm glad they'll still be some one in T.O. to spin with Do you think we could change the meet to Sunday and then maybe have it on the beach???..that way it'd be close for us...otherwise I don't think I can make it on saturday...plus it's supposed to rain! Talk to you soon.

All you lucky OM goers>> I hope you have a blast twirlin' & partin' all weekend. Someone have a burn for me

Goodluck with the performance thing Linda & Paddy..and whoever else has the guts to get up there

Om Namah Sivaya

154 posts

Posted:
Things to bring to OM check list:

-WATER
-cool cloths (batingsuit)}for DAY
-warm cloths } for NIGHT
-hat/visor/sunglasses
-tent, sleeping bags, blankets
(there was a tea tent last year for peeps to crash on pillows under a giant tarp for those who didn't have a tent, so there's prob gunna be somthin like that again this year. Worst comes to worst my tent is free to anyone who wants to crash as I don't plan on sleeping much! )
-sunscrean/lip balm
-bug repelant
-citronella candels/tiki torches
-flashlight
-donation for kind kitchen
-munchies/gum/candy
-camera
-glow toys
-poi toys
-karosean
-any decorations for your camping area -> can be as simple as a pinwheel or a draped garland or sarong. Visit the dollar store there are tons of easy ideas!
(I encourage you all to camp by the spinners camp...well cuz that's where i'll be and Davy and Rashelle and other spinners. look for the camp beside the dub-beautiful stage. I'm getting there around 4:30 friday but those other guys are there already!)
-good vibes
-smiles
I think that's it for esenshals!

PADDY- as for the ticket as long as your arrive b4 sat. night I think you should have no worries!!
I belive it's $70 at the gate!

SEE you soon WHOOHOO!
*huggzz*
ONE MORE SLEEP UNTILL OM!!!
Bethany

maladminmember
46 posts

Posted:
Hello folks, I just got here from the UK and am sooo pleased to find all you pyro's already. I'm hoping to meet you all in person soon, I don't have a set of poi's although I do have a diablo which I really need to practice with. Talking of that is anyone going to be out in Christie Pits park tommorrow or are you all going to this OM festival (are there any web links for more info?). I'd love to come along if newbies are still welcome.
By the way if anyone still wants webspace I've got plenty atm just email and let me know.

Thats it for now - I need to dig out my sticks and get practicing.

Non-Https Image Link

Take care
tom

We are made to persist. That's how we find out who we are. - Tobias Wolff

enthusiast
249 posts

Posted:
maladmin>> the info for OM is at www.omfestival.com ...I'm sure all the lucky people that are going would be more then glad to have you join along...
otherwise there are a few of us meeting in the beaches (woodbine & queen)on Sunday ...around 7-8 at night.

Directions...go to woodbine station and take bus south to queen. Continue to walk down to the lake passed the pool...and we'll be somewhere on the beach around there...my cell is 416.738.5839 just in case

[ 23 June 2002, 02:23: Message edited by: SunSpot ]

Om Namah Sivaya

Page: ...