Page: ......
Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
Alright, a number of us have met in Toronto a couple of times now in Christie Pits park, and are going to be meeting on a semi-regular basis. Eariler tonight we thought it would be a good idea to start a thread for GTA spinners, where we can post meeting locations and times, and others can post to say if they'll be available, etc.

and...well, this is it. Enjoy, all.

PS. When did we decide we'd be getting together next? I wasn't paying too much attention I'm afraid...

SmokyDavySILVER Member
Do my poi look too small in this?
394 posts

Posted:
And by that I mean this mailing list:
https://www.topica.com/lists/FireWire

[ 29 June 2002, 10:59: Message edited by: FieryFlow ]

SmokyDavySILVER Member
394 posts

Posted:
Oooooh, I see whats going on now..

I'll be at the Reverb before the party starts. Come early and we'll have some space to spin before people start showing up. Early being 10pm

lindaSILVER Member
93 posts

Posted:
wow, lots of activities this weekend. to recap:
SAT, JUNE 29 - CHRISTIE PITS - 7:30pm - Christie subway, walk across street, down into park, meet at gazebo. Bethany, Peter, Oscar, Meladmin (looking forward to meeting you) & I going so far. Also Resistor at REVERB, 10pm, Fiery Flow will be there all night with his cool toys.
SUN, JUNE 30 - BEACHES - drumming and poi, bottom of woodbine ave., near the pool on the beach.
MON, JUL 1 - CHERRY BEACH PARTY - go to parking lot, walk right along beach. 2-9pm. Hope to see you there paddy.
Sunspot going to miss you this month. Have a great time and good luck.

lindaSILVER Member
93 posts

Posted:
Happy Canada day! going to cherry beach today, around 4pm. Hope to see some of you spinners there.

SmokyDavySILVER Member
394 posts

Posted:
Sorry I didn't catch up with anyone. I was passed out at home by the time 4pm came around.

I'll be at trinity bellwood tonite though.

See you at 9!

884 posts

Posted:
I'm afraid there's about a 90% chance I won't be going tonight. sorry folks, I guess next week, as I won't be around next weekend...

Which brings me to my point here. I'm going to the US for a family reunion, and I plan on swinging by a toys-r-us to pick up some of those light wands like Space had (before she broke them ). I'd be happy to pick some up for you folks as well...just send me a PM and we'll sort it out. I think they're $15US each, but I'll I'll have internet access down there so I can let you know exact prices if you need to know before you decide.

Take care doods.

lindaSILVER Member
93 posts

Posted:
wow, yesterday at cherry beach was so much fun! lots spinning and fire. good thing I brought kero. Should be good at trinity tonight.

SmokyDavySILVER Member
394 posts

Posted:
Oh yeah.. on another note.

Hillary, the co-organizer for the Resistor psy-trance parties, has given us permission to have a pre-party poi session (or early party anyways).

This gives us a chance to play with our UV and glow toys with lots of room and loud music.

Unfortunately, because people show up and want to dance, we are restricted from 10pm - 11:30pm.. but I'll see about getting us extended to 9pm if the interest is good enough.

maladminmember
46 posts

Posted:
Just to say thanks for the great time yesterday at cherry beach, it was great meeting people and discovering a new bit of toronto - the party was just what I needed to stop me missing england. Linda thanks loads for having some fuel with u, a burn finished the afternoon for me in style but I'm still going to have to practice loads to look as cool as you all did.
nyway take care and I'll see u all soon
tom

We are made to persist. That's how we find out who we are. - Tobias Wolff

lindaSILVER Member
93 posts

Posted:
wow, i had tons of fun at trinity. Brian, Vitaly, Chrystal, Oscar, Davy, Lola, great to see ya all. Here's a synopsis of this weekend's activities:
FRIDAY-party, cherry beach, parking lot, walk left (east) this time
SATURDAY-Christie, 8pm and then resistor at reverb.
SUNDAY-beaches, woodbine, pool,
TUESDAY-trinity, enter from queen st.

chrystel starrmember
30 posts

Posted:
welcome to poi anonomous

our meeting have spread to four or five times aweek due to the excessive spinning momentum of the universe. SEE YOU ALL THERE!

lindaSILVER Member
93 posts

Posted:
chrystal, what time do you want to go to cherry beach tomorrow?

MissAstrofunkloveBRONZE Member
154 posts

Posted:
Hello all
Sorry I didn't make it out on tues...or much last weekend either BUT Monday @ Cherry Beach was a LOT of FUN!! Nice to get to know some new people too!

This WeekEND:
FRIDAY - What's happening at Cherry Beach?? Who's putting on a Party? Is that at night?
SATURDAY - There's another Resistor(2 in a row??)??
DaVY - What is this permission (to spin) u r
talking about? If I can't spin (space pending of course) whenever I want at a party, I DON'T GO! There r too many partyies and activities this summer I don't need to waist time being told what to do!
JMO

*huggzz*
B.

....dance like nobodieswatching.... oh no wait, I'm not watching! My eyes are shut *crash* hehe oops sorry did I bump into you? *blush*

154 posts

Posted:
DAVY - ok...i have signed up for that mailinglist thingy, WHicH was more than just clicking join BTW....THE thING is I CAn'T fiGuRE oUT hoW to sEND aN EmAIl/mESsaGE tOOOOOO iT / HeLp!

...so I'll just post the info for the BoatCruiseParty here. ENJOY

*huggzz* me B.

To: "alienInFlux"

alienInFlux is back with a kick ass BOAT CRUZ on the 19th

Friday July 19 - Tall Sailing Ship Midnight Moon Cruise.

alienInFlux and Promise host our second cruise together on the lovely
tall
sailing ship Kajama. The Kajama holds 200 people and is truly the most
beautiful boat out of Toronto to dance on. The boat was built in
Germany in
1930 and was a trading galleon for over 70 years all over Europe and
the
East. It has 3 masts with working sails and a great sound system.

We are finally in the full throes of summer and July 19th boasts a
brilliant
moon to light our way off into the mist, so the atmosphere will be
perfect.
11pm -3:30am. $30. Reply to this email for tickets.

I've been traveling Central America for six months and have finally
returned. I will be butting some other annual events together this
summer
which include this Tall Sailing Ship Midnight Moon Cruise, July 19th,
The
Harvest Festival in September and possibly another Boreal Canoe trip in
August. I'm confidant these events will all be a fantastic success and
I
hope that you will come out and party hard in the great out doors with
us.

See you out there.

....dance like nobodieswatching.... oh no wait, I'm not watching! My eyes are shut *crash* hehe oops sorry did I bump into you? *blush*

lindaSILVER Member
93 posts

Posted:
bethany,
just talked to davey. he said the party at cherry beach is 10pm to 10am, friday, today. Chrystal told me to walk left instead of right. Hope to get there around 10:30pm.

154 posts

Posted:
Thanks Linda! Looks like a bunch of my OMie frineds are going tonight as well. weeeeeeeee

Looks like it's going to be another weekend at the beach. The Promise Boys are throw'en another afternoon beach party ThiS SUNDAY! Here's the info and chec out the "special thanks" part

*huggzz* me B.

David and Irving of Promise here. Last week's afternoon beach party went so nicely that we have decided to do another one this Sunday. Here are the details, followed by people to thank for helping make the last one such a success.

Sunday July 7, 2pm - 9 pm

Promise Cherry Beach Sunday Afternoon Soundsystem.

with djs
Jah Reverend dub reggae
Kerry Potts trippy house
Steve Yanko funky house
Lewis Kaye techhouse
Adam Marshall funky techno

and special surprise guest!

Last week we enjoyed a wonderful sunset over the skyline of Toronto and the beats sounded so delicious echoing off of the trees. This week should be just as fun.

Directions
Lakeshore Blvd East of Toronto
Turn right down Cherry Street
Go all the way to the parking lot at the end of the street
Go to your right (West) until you hear music.
Remember, biking there is easy along the trails along the lakeshore.

Things to think about
Please don't bring more than you plan to take with you, it has to be left clean.
Bring something warm and also something to keep sun off your head.
If weather turns foul the day of, call 323.0361 for emergency update.

Special thanks: to Rene, Keijo and Jim of Livin' Large for the sound system.
We would like to thank some wonderful people for making last week's beach event so nice. Thanks to Justin and Lana of alieninflux for bringing hammocks and a generator, Livin' Large for the sound, Reverend for helping to put the whole event together, Chris Deville for playing and helping, also Jon Bannister, Ln, Adam Wood, Zaria and the crew of fire dancers for helping work or clean up, Lee Osborne, Dan Lui, Mike Lambert, Blissom and Kimberly of Spot Records, Mental Floss, Jean Marc for playing flute and Bridget Dibernardi for singing.

[ 06 July 2002, 06:42: Message edited by: MissAstrofunklove ]

chrystel starrmember
30 posts

Posted:
hey guys

I suggest we abolish all plans of the beaches for sunday and instead go to cherry beach twice in one weekend!!!!!!!!!

Picnics are sooooo goood for the soul

love and poi
chrystel

PS Linda i lost your number but i will be at cherry beach friday night aroun 1200

lindaSILVER Member
93 posts

Posted:
last night was alot of fun. The rest of the weekend's activities:
SAT-Christie pits - 8pm. If garbage is bad down below, we might want to go up to bloor st. or across the street to the school.
SUN-Cherry Beach party. 2pm. (I'll probably go at 4 or 5). walk right from the parking lot.

Hi my pants are on firemember
26 posts

Posted:
huh.....

154 posts

Posted:
I Just wanted to say this past weekend was CherrytasticBeachoramic!!
YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!

see you tonight....if it isn't raining *crossing fingers*

*huggzz*
B.

lindaSILVER Member
93 posts

Posted:
last night was so much fun! really enjoyed playing with maxime's ropes and the cops getting stuck was pretty entertaining too. they called for a tow truck and 4 cop cars showed up!!
THIS WEEK'S ACTIVITIES:
SAT: High Park, 8pm. Go to Keele subway, walk into park (path) and meet in grassy area. I'm pretty sure, even if the strike is off, Christie is not gonna be cleaned up by sat.
TUES: Trinity, 8pm.

P.S. Hi Oscar!

Spacemember
63 posts

Posted:
Hi everyone!
I just want to say that I miss everyone tons!!! Funny how when i'm finally in Toronto, I dont get to spin nights! I have oodles and oodles of work to do, and the wonderful people i'm living with have been taking me out every second of 'spare' time I have to meet people and party. I do however have a wonderful ginormous flat roof at the back of my house that keeps me sane. I hope it wont be too long before I see all of you kids again.
Cheers,
Stace aka *Space*

We risk sanity for moments of temporary enlightenment, each thought overcome by anticipation of the next, we take the breaks off

154 posts

Posted:
Hey Guys,

Just wantted you to know that some of my OMie friends are getting together for a pot-luck next thursday evening @ Cherry Beach. If you wish to join in on the fun (bringing spinning toys of course! )
here is the info.
*huggzz* Me B.

Cherry Beach
Thursday July 18
7pm - 10pm
(rain date: - just think sun, it will not rain)

Where: Cherry Beach
Cherry Street runs south from Lakeshore.
It is East of Parliament and West of Broadview

Take Cherry street until it end in a parking lot. Drive into the
parking
lot to the left of the main lot.
Site will be either: A) in the grass/trees right behind the parking
lot
or B) walk along the beach for 2 minutes and look into the trees
(this is the opposite direction of the Promise parties that happened
the
past 2 weekends)

What to bring:
plate, spoon, fork, knife and cup (preferably disposable)
some food to share
a chair, blanket, etc.
frisbee?
cold drinks
your smiling self please!

Hope to see you all there,
ox Terry D

884 posts

Posted:
Hey peeps, what's goin on?

SOrry it's been a while since I've been out to any meets. Have been extraordinarily busy.

Speaking of which, I won't be able to make it this Saturday OR the one after. Technically I could be there this Tuesday but it's my birfday so it's family dinner time, plus I think my friends want to take me out somewhere. Bethany, I am extremely grateful for the invite this Thursday, as I CAN make it to that and I don't know when I'd be seeing you folks otherwise.

How is our loverly CHristies Pits park? I heard it's being used as a garbage dump. Let's twirl some rats by the tail, says I.

The trip was last weekend was great 'cept that the majority of the ToysRuses in the states are being closed down and I couldn't find Light Wands ANYWHERE. One place said they carried them but were out of stock. Boo-urns. My mum is going the the states on business in a week or two and she says she'll take a look around if she has some time.

Anyways, hope you're all doing well and I guess I'll see you all next Thurs.

SmokyDavySILVER Member
394 posts

Posted:
That sounds like fun stuff to me.. Will someone be bringing a stereo?

Stace, we were wondering where you've been... Glad to have you back

SmokyDavySILVER Member
394 posts

Posted:
And Paddy's back as well!! How about that.. Welcome back man!

oh.. and we've moved the saturday shindig to High Park near Keele Stn until the garbage clears out. I was there just today, and to be honest it smells too, just like the rest of this city, but Christie is pretty extreme right now..

[ 12 July 2002, 13:53: Message edited by: FieryFlow ]

154 posts

Posted:
Paddy & Stace Hello agian!

for next thurs. i don't know about a sterio...I know I don't have one but IF anyone else has one they could bring that would be fabulous!! I do have CD's and/or tapes I can bring.

*huggzz*
B.

Karenmember
12 posts

Posted:
Hey everyone,

Welcome home Paddy and Stace!!! Glad to hear from ya both:) Now where is Mass Destruction??

The last 2 weekends on Cherry Beach have been such fun - the best way to chill out for sure.

Bethany thanks for the invite on Thursday - Ommies you say - hurrah:)

I have a friend in from France on Saturday - am hoping to bring her to the park. High Park sounds good.

See most of you there!!!!!!!

Karen

"art washes away the dust of everyday life." PP

884 posts

Posted:
I was just listening to CBC, and they were reporting from the world fare (sic) going on this weekend...apparently there is a travelling poi group who will be performing 3:15-6 on sunday. From the sounds of it they follow the Maori (sp?) tradition pretty tightly, using knotted rope instead of any of that fancy shmancy fire. I guess they're pretty good if they travel around doing it...prolly worth checking out. I'll see if I can come down. Anyone else interested?

884 posts

Posted:
Oh yes, forgot to mention that I can lug the ol stereo out next Thurday if we don't have one.

Page: ......