Page: ......
Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
Alright, a number of us have met in Toronto a couple of times now in Christie Pits park, and are going to be meeting on a semi-regular basis. Eariler tonight we thought it would be a good idea to start a thread for GTA spinners, where we can post meeting locations and times, and others can post to say if they'll be available, etc.

and...well, this is it. Enjoy, all.

PS. When did we decide we'd be getting together next? I wasn't paying too much attention I'm afraid...

SmokyDavySILVER Member
Do my poi look too small in this?
394 posts

Posted:
quote:
It must be the big bump over my eye...
That always gets the boys all hot and bothered.. I think its cause you're so smooth with your poi these days that they can't help but turn their heads.. But thats just a theory.

yummimember
15 posts

Posted:
HI GANG!

Could you please tell me where Dan or is it Don is performing tonite? I met him and his GF Lisa at Cherry Beach this past sunday and he told me but I forgot and I want so much to catch his show. I think he might have said Dundas and King could someone confirm this or tell me where he is performing?
Thanks,
'Ren

Life is GRAND and i am gratefulNamaste'Ren

Aurora (1/2 a firesister)GOLD Member
enthusiast
249 posts

Posted:
smooth like butter baby....like kraft crunchy peanut butter that is

'sides I luv ur clothes far too much to disagree witchu

Nice to see you and Amanda out tonite. Much luv to both of you and see you tomorrow (MDW on tuesday).

Om Shanti,
Lindsay

Om Namah Sivaya

jeeffmember
3 posts

Posted:
hi everybody, i'm jeeff. you may remember me from such cherry beach parties as yesterday. or from trinity.

i decided to finally poke around homeofpoi a bit more, and i'm impressed to see all you fine people rockin' the message boards. go toronto! so i signed up. now i hope i get all the juicy gossip.

its been great getting to know you all better over the past weeks and months. and thanks all who came to the leo party! to those who missed it, don't worry. after burning man there will be plenty more crazy costume extravaganzas.

see you tomorrow!

Stellamember
63 posts

Posted:
Dude, weeeee! I'll be coming in on sunday to spin! Can't wait to meet you all!

rocketfire_tothemoon@hotmail.com CARPE DIEM seize the day and you will never regret your actions

chrystel starrmember
30 posts

Posted:
hey firey people

so i have had the best time spinning with you lovely people this summer

tonight tuesday at trinity will be my last night out. Friday i leave for japan.

SO.......Thursday 15th, 8 o clock

is my going away party!!!!!
There is room to spin, either in the back yard or in traffic

It is at 76 Lewis street, one block east of broadview, south of queen. (right off the street car)

hope to see you all there
i hope there are poi ers in japan (anyone know????)

love and flames
chrystel

SmokyDavySILVER Member
394 posts

Posted:
Yay!!! More new recruits for my doomsday cult! er.. I mean, poi cult! er.. no wait, that didn't come out right.

Hmm, well either way, I'll see some of you on Thursday, some of you on Sunday, and some of you some other day of the week, like say... Tuesday at 8:30pm

Glad to have you on here Jeff!! Lovely party, hope the neighbours don't take their anger out on the next people who live there

There are lots of poi people in Japan, but I'm sure that most of them speak Japanese (some of them are on the COL3 video which I'll bring to your going away party). You'd best search another forum for that info, we Torontonians don't know shit about the outside world.

lindaSILVER Member
93 posts

Posted:
welcome aboard JEFF. look forward to meeting you STELLA. As Paddy's cousin, we're expecting great things from you! (just kidding)
CHRYSTAL, Marcos once told me that Japan was the best place to make money spinning fire. Looking forward to your party.

kmember
1 post

Posted:
Hey!

Just returned from overseas and it's very exciting to find a Toronto thread. Anyone from the Oakville area? It's definitely time to learn some new moves...I will try to make it to Toronto sometime soon, until then enjoy!

K

moebiusmember
4 posts

Posted:
I just uploaded some pics from OM (finally) and I have no idea who the pics are of...

https://only-viewable-at.homeofpoi.com/mycgi/album.cgi?album=moebius

So, if you're viewing the pics and you know who the person is let me know and I'll put their name to their pic, or if the pic should come down let me know and I'll take it down, or if you want a nice, high-res print of the pic let me know and I'll print one off and bring it to a Tuesday or a Sunday or a whenever spin.

moe

yummimember
15 posts

Posted:
Hey Gang!

Just wondering what fun stuff was happening this weekend. I had to miss Tuesday cuz of a stupid BDAY party.. selfish people celebrating on my poi nite *grumble* *wink*
But just wondering in addition to Cherry Beach if anything is going down this weekend that's fun. Please let me know.
Ciao for now *spins into the night*

Life is GRAND and i am gratefulNamaste'Ren

SmokyDavySILVER Member
394 posts

Posted:
I'm not sure what I'm doing, but give me a call @ 647-999-3204 cause I might be having people over, or perhaps just going out somewhere.

884 posts

Posted:
Hello peeps~!

Please pardon my obscene amounnt of absence from this thread! I've been around the ol' HoP but never for more than 5 min at a time (must jump in and out while computer renders stuff), and with all the folks around here there's simply too much to say!

jeff, good to see you on here man!
k, nice to meet you! do come to toronto for a meet!
moebeus, thanks for the pics! they look great.
crystel, sorry I couldn't make your party. good luck in japan!
fieryflow, i'm not sure what will be open on sunday but if you want to look for costumes I can definitely come down.
Stella, can't wait for to come up here!

and hellos and hugs to everyone else as well.

See you all on sunnday!

Stellamember
63 posts

Posted:
weeee roughly two and a half days to go

rocketfire_tothemoon@hotmail.com CARPE DIEM seize the day and you will never regret your actions

Digital Patchworkmember
5 posts

Posted:
Here's what's going on for saturday night.. I will be bringing a portable blacklight for UV toys/poi, just in case they don't have them set up.

See you there!

-Ed

--------------------------------------------------

On the night of Saturday August 17th. Freetekno Toronto is throwing a Teknival.

Teknivals, common in the freetekno scene in Europe, and growing more common in North America, are a celebration of the DIY attitude. Money changes hads as little as possible and everyone pitches in what they can to make the party happen.

This teknival is no different. Some of the local (and not so local) soundsystems have come together together to throw a multiple system party in the Rouge Valley. All soundsystems not currently involved are of course welcome to come down and setup wherever there's room.

The festival starts at 8:00 PM in the afternoon on the Saturday (17th), and goes till 12:00 PM in the afternoon on the Sunday (18th).

There will be a kitchen to provide light snacks and a hearty breakfast. All food donations (Fruit, snacks, oatmeal etc) are welcome.

Map Point: (get there from 8:00pm to 12:01pm, please do not be late)

By Bus: Take the Shepperd east bus, all the way east to (almost the end of the line) Shepperd and Medowvale. Walk farther east untill shepperd splits off with Twyn Rivers. Follow Twyn Rivers (further east), past two bridges, and eventually you will come by a parking lot to your right. You will be directed from there.

(walk to parking lot from bus stop : about 20 minutes)

By Car: Take Shepperd east, past Medowvale, untill Shepperd separates from Twyn Rivers. go straight, follow Twyn Rivers all the way to a parking lot to your right. Park there. You will be given further instructions.

Cost: The party is FREE! But... if you feel inclined to drop a donation. Please do so at the map point. It would make our lives much easyer.

Please bring:
Water (2L per person)
A sheet or blanket
Flashlight
Comfortable walking shoes
Appropriate clothing

Stages:

FREESPACE COLLECTIVE

Engine
Plasticmotive
Gavin The Bass
ATP
Kinetix
Ray Vincent
Tyco
Odie
Elixer
Le Freak
Jhonny Funk
Didymos
Rythem Logic
ATP (London)
+ More to be anounced

SMERK vs AAA (Ascociation of Autonamous Astronauts)

Biomass
Etazsov
DJ Panda
Jaguar Remo
Sixteenarmedjack
The Pollutant
+ More to be anounced

SUBTRANSIT

KYOMI (ireland)
ENGINE
DJLOU
PATRIXX vrs DIRTY JEW
TOMMYSMALLS
JEFF ALAN
GERALD (aka Matrix)
+ More to be anounced

Renegade Virus (NYC) :

The Renegade Virus is a group of visual artists, musicians and djs who organize free and inexpensive events throughout NYC. The events feature a wide range of electronic music, usually geared towards harder, darker and experimental genres. Our Legal and at times illegal events are held in obscure out of the way places such as warehouses, Factory rooftops, public parks, squats and lofts. (From their website : www.renegadevirus.org)

Check redirect.to/freetekno for lineup updates
Want to lend a hand? email freeteknotoronto@rogers.com

In the beginning, he made a groove, and with this groove, he made us move.

884 posts

Posted:
indeed! unfortuantely I've got of things to do tonight if I'm going to be able to come out tomorrow. But vitaly, go anyway~! it sounds too good too miss!

chrystel starrmember
30 posts

Posted:
HEY Everyone

So i am gonnnnnnn

I had a great time thursday night..but like a true toronto goodbye, the next morning when i went to pack my fire poi, they were gone.

so either i suck and forgot where they were out side or some nasty neighbor sick of out partying stole them.....boo hooo

i am now poi less

spin one for me

love chrystel

884 posts

Posted:
hey everyone, remember those sunglasses I forgot two tuesdays ago and then was lucky enough to get back again?

I just sat on them.

booooooo.

884 posts

Posted:
this is ironic.

those sunglasses I was just talking about? I got them 'cause I lost my other pair- which I just found at the bottom of my poi bag, mangled by my kero beyond any form of usefulness.

booooooooooooo.

SmokyDavySILVER Member
394 posts

Posted:
I think there's some sort of meaning behind this.. Like the fact that I lose my hats as often as I break or lose my sunglasses.

With enough research, I may discover something

Amazonmember
9 posts

Posted:
Hello all
Ive never posted here before this, but I never really had anything to say!
Anyhew I am just wondering if anyone had a poi -exchange with me by accident on Tuesday night at Trinity Bellwoods. I seemed to of come home with someone elses poi that night. I *thought* that only Leopard Queen and I were using my fuel bucket but apparently they arent hers either...
This poi is longer than mine and the kevlar is 5 layers. Mine is only 4 layers and the chain isnt as long. Also my kevlar is a little thicker than usual...
Anyone have them? I do miss them...
If by any chance you have them and want to do the switcheroo back, please come to the park tomorrow again!
Thanks so much
Missin' my poi
AMAZON

884 posts

Posted:
sorry Amazon, I'm afraid I don't gots 'em.

the rain today has got me thinking...what do we do if there's rain on a tuesday? we've been blessed with lovely weather each week so far I can remember...but what's the protocol if our luck runs out?

Is there a shelter nearby we can use, like the good ol' one at christie?

SmokyDavySILVER Member
394 posts

Posted:
I suppose we'll have to flea to the gazeebo.. but I'm not sure that there's a gazeebo nearby..

I don't know, I suppose it'll all fall apart if rain happens. But tonite we show rain or shine for the filming of our promo remember

moebiusmember
4 posts

Posted:
Hey spinners,
I noticed that there is a HoP photo contest and I was contemplating submitting one of the photos that I posted the other week (#07 is pretty wicked at high-res) BUT I need two 'sponsors' from the HoP message board (with their names and email addresses). Any volunteers?
Also, there are some other people (i.e. Paddy and Linda) on the Toronto Thread that have uploaded some GREAT pics...if any of you are interested in entering and need a 'backer' let me know.
email: moebius67@hotmail.com
Thanks,
moe

884 posts

Posted:
moebius,
I'd be happy to, if you like. however, before you enter it, you'd best find out who it and get their permission.
I think it might be me as I don't recall anyone else wearing white pants and using such short chains but I think I see hair on the person's head and mine was shaved at the time.
if you email the high-res I could tell you who it is for sure when I get home tonight.

moebiusmember
4 posts

Posted:
Paddy,
Yeah, if you can identify the spinner that would be fantastic. I'm emailing it now.
Thanks,
moe

SmokyDavySILVER Member
394 posts

Posted:
Just out of curiousity, are both Linda and Lindsey on the Promethea mailing list?

Probably wasn't me in the picture

Stellamember
63 posts

Posted:
Weeee i had a blast on sunday! Meeting youguys rocked, Spinning with other people kicked a$$, spinning fire for the first time was amazing, and i am generally very happy with whole thing. You are all incredibly wonderful people. Thanks imensly paddy, especially for telling my mom about this site. Its sad though because i probably wont make it out again this summer. Does it continue in the fall?

(ps i went to home depot for supplies and i now have chains, all i need is wicks, my mom has a barrel with 150 L of lamb oil. I'm set to go. Theres Kerosene in my veins!)

884 posts

Posted:
what is this?? our lurvly toronto thread only four slots from dropping off the bottom of the page and into HoP oblivion? something must be done.

*bump*

much better

well, my stuff is packed and I'm pretty much ready to roll out of here tomorrow. I just wanted to say what a pleasure it has been meeting and getting to know you all over the course of the summer. I can't tell you how immensely I have enjoyed all our spin jams, be they at christie pits, trinity, cherry beach, om, the reverb, high park, or wherever else we may have gathered...

I would list off names here, saying thank you and goodbye, but I know that I will forget someone and I couldn't bear to leave anyone out...

it has also been amazing to watch our little poi group of six or seven people blossom into this lovely community. I was talking Bethany (Miss Astrofunklove) on sunday, and she was saying how different the poiers were that she met on her travels...I think it really shows how lucky we are to have such an openminded, openhearted and inclusive group of spinners.

also, Paddy is suffering from a killer flu...I don't know where I got it from but I hope you guys are feeling alright...

take care all, and I'll be in touch with you over HoP and firewire, and I'll be sure to come down and visit when I'm in town.

Paddy

SmokyDavySILVER Member
394 posts

Posted:
So I guess you'll have to spread the fire to Kingston eh? That town doesn't know how lucky they are Paddy, you'll be sorely missed and you know you'll always have a place to crash in toronto whenever you need it.

D

Page: ......