Page: ......
Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
Alright, a number of us have met in Toronto a couple of times now in Christie Pits park, and are going to be meeting on a semi-regular basis. Eariler tonight we thought it would be a good idea to start a thread for GTA spinners, where we can post meeting locations and times, and others can post to say if they'll be available, etc.

and...well, this is it. Enjoy, all.

PS. When did we decide we'd be getting together next? I wasn't paying too much attention I'm afraid...

Digital Patchworkmember
5 posts

Posted:
Hey fire twirlers ill be attending @ high park tomorrow, hope i'll be able to find the area, im not that aquanted with the area, im sure ill have no trouble though

Someone said that a boom box was needed
ill bring my crappy boom box, it's small but it works, and I have plenty of batteries too :-)

Hope to see everyone tomorrow

-Ed

In the beginning, he made a groove, and with this groove, he made us move.

SmokyDavySILVER Member
Do my poi look too small in this?
394 posts

Posted:
Paddy,

If you're up for going to that world fare, I'm up for it too. I'd love to see the traditional poi art at work..

MissAstrofunkloveBRONZE Member
154 posts

Posted:
PADDY! DAVY!
i want to see this world fair - tradtional poi proformance too!!!
Please call me and let me know where and when to go!!
905-767-1697cell
416-922-6404home

*huggzz*
B.

....dance like nobodieswatching.... oh no wait, I'm not watching! My eyes are shut *crash* hehe oops sorry did I bump into you? *blush*

154 posts

Posted:
hehe oops my fist post didn't come up the first time....

any way YES PLEASE bring music both saturday AND next thurs. !!

do your players take cd's? tapes OR both?

....dance like nobodieswatching.... oh no wait, I'm not watching! My eyes are shut *crash* hehe oops sorry did I bump into you? *blush*

Mass Destruction Worldwidemember
83 posts

Posted:
Man, have I been out of the loop!!! I havent died or disapeared...(aww too bad, I know) but I moved into T.O and have been frantic getting organized, as i start college this Monday!! Im gonna try to make it tonight....as I found another newbie interested in coming....but Ill be at Trinity Tuesday for sure!! YEY!

nice to see theres so much goin on...good to see!! Hope to see you all soon!!

Cheers

educate yourself - knowledge is power

Stellamember
63 posts

Posted:
Hello all, im kinda new here and i dont exactly live in toronto,(im 2 hours away in niagara peninsula) Hey paddy its Iris (im paddy's cousin ) anywho i plan to come meet you guys SOMEday in t.o. but i work mostly on weekends, i was wondering if anyone around here goes to hillside music festival in guelph, cuz im going there and i've met 4 other poi-ers there and maybe i'll see some of you there. Its July 27th area, not quite sure. well thats all. Toodles

rocketfire_tothemoon@hotmail.com CARPE DIEM seize the day and you will never regret your actions

884 posts

Posted:
Hey Davy, Bethany...you guys make plans to meet up whereever you think is best (you guys know best I figure) and Bethany I'll call you to find out what's up.

Should we bring some basic poi to spin as well? Of course not at the same time as the performers, but I figure if people like their performance we could do some spinning after they're done to attract some attention in case there are any other spinners that don't know of our groups.

[ 15 July 2002, 00:43: Message edited by: Paddy ]

lindaSILVER Member
93 posts

Posted:
hey all, had fun in high park, sorry i didn't make cherry beach. Paddy, sorry you couldn't find any of space's battery glow sticks, but my girlfriend sent me some and you can buy them at their website www.cksauce.com. I got the lightwand. It's way cool and has 5 different colors.

154 posts

Posted:
Sorry Paddy for not calling you back! Sunday I was rather indissposed and didn't make it out anywhere.
How was the performance?
How was the beach?

See all at TrinityBellwoods tonight!
MDW- HIHI I hope you make it out too!!!

*huggzz*
B.

[ 17 July 2002, 06:37: Message edited by: MissAstrofunklove ]

154 posts

Posted:
JuSt A REMINDER ~*~

Thursday: Cherry Beach Pot Luck(left-east side)
FrIday: Tall SHip Boat cruise Party
SundAY: CHerry beach Promis Party(right-west side)

*huggzz*
B.

[ 18 July 2002, 08:12: Message edited by: MissAstrofunklove ]

154 posts

Posted:
WOW POST 200

Friday's tallship full moon boat party info:

Just a quick update on ticket sales for the alienInFlux and Promise tall ship moon cruise this Friday night. Tickets are moving quickly with the positive weather forecasts for the night, so now is the time to get on board. This cruise sold out last year and was a lot of fun, so we'd love to have you along. We just found out that Justin will be leaving to go out west up until the Harvest Festival in the fall, so this marks the only summer party that he and alienInFlux will be holding this year.

As a side note, some email records were lost in our server recently and so we have no details on people who replied earlier for tickets. If you did email us last week or so, please send another reply to this email and you will be a priority.

If you have seen this ship on the water sail past any of the Sunday afternoon Promise beach parties we've been having at Cherry Beach, you'll know that it's the most elegant and breathtaking ship on the water and worth the effort to get onto for Friday. Here are more details:

MIDNIGHT MOON CRUISE
Friday July 19th 2002
11:30pm-4:00am

Sail by moonlight with 225 mates aboard this historic 1930s tall sailing ship, KAJAMA. Imported from Germany, she has spent most of her years as a trade galleon from Russia to the Far East. Now nestled in Toronto Harbour, she serves as a magnificent and historical entertainment vessel that we will capture for this night. KAJAMA

DJs:

DMS baseline records, guelph jazzybreakhouse
IAN GUTHRIE fukhouse, building blocks deepgroovytechhouse
KF (of the Dukes) acmelabz deepfunkytechno

Tickets: $30

Available at:
Brians Greens 886 Queen E 416.778.9669 (Dave's work)
Shanti Baba 546 Queen W 416.504.5034
Odyssey 557 Queen W 416.363.8934
Spylab 247 Queen W 416.599.4779
or directly from David 416.323.0361 or Justin = 416.919.0492

Space is limited to 225 people.
Boarding at 11:30 behind Harbourfront Centre
235 Queen's Quay W, just west of Bay St.
We look forward to our night with you

884 posts

Posted:
Davy, Bethany, sorry about the confusion on Sunday! Looking forward to tomorrow though. Can't wait to see you guys again!

Will bring the ol' stereo along too.

884 posts

Posted:
Erm....Bethany, sweetie, it's raining so hard right now I'm afraid to go outside for fear of drowning. Are there alternate plans for tonight?

Will call if I don't hear from you.

Lyenmember
2 posts

Posted:
Hello,
i've just moved from Vancouver..and I am wondering if anyone can tell me if there will be any gatherings at High Park in the next two weeks?

Hoping that there is something going on at Cherry Beach this weekend on Sunday and actually meet some of you.
Thank you for any information!

Lyen

Imagination is more important then Knowledge - Albert Einstien

Spacemember
63 posts

Posted:
Hey guys!
I'm in K-Town right now, but I was thinking of kicking it back to Toronto earlier than planned on Sunday so I can get in some spinning with you kids! Lemme know if there's anything gone on, and where, and the rest of the 'tails. Thanx a bundle! Paddy, MDW, good to see you guys back too!
Luv,
Space

We risk sanity for moments of temporary enlightenment, each thought overcome by anticipation of the next, we take the breaks off

884 posts

Posted:
Arg!! Why am I away so much??

WIll be out next tues and sunnday though. can't wait to acutally see you guys again.

Bethany, last night was great fun...say hello to everyone for me.

SmokyDavySILVER Member
394 posts

Posted:
Saturday in Christie Pits after 8:30 or 9pm (near christie subway station, Christie and Bloor)

Sunday is at Cherry beach (its actually a beach party that a lot of us hang at cause there's music and beer available)

Tuesday is at Trinity Bellwoods park, west of Bathurst and Queen street. Follow the sound of the drummers.

That is all.. thank you and good night

chrystel starrmember
30 posts

Posted:
hey guys

Sunday at cherry beach is for sure every week, see you there!!!!!

Um, Davie, the I am going to try to attach the directions to kristas going away shin dig

PLUS #############################333

Any twirlers interested in going away next weekend, 26, 27, 28 to a beautiful camp with a private lake, cottages, a sound system (i hope),canoes and space for fire shows email me or call 416 588 3653 I am trying to arrange cars as it is 2 & half hours north!!!!!!

I have free access to the place so we only have to pay for food, gas (for the cars up and the kerosine) and what ever other treats.

lemme know if you cool kids are interested. there is room for about 50 people to sleep in the assorted run down cabins

love and fire
chrystel

kristas..............
Hey everyone, Since I'm leaving to go to Colombia for 2 years I'd love to party on down with you all
one last time before I go. This Sat at Neils place.

Bring along anyone that you think I might like to see as well. Can't wait. Have a great day. Here are
the details:

>Well, the last party we threw was so much fun, Nick
and I have to
throw
>another one! We're calling it the Midsummer party -
ok, so
technically
>June 21st was midsummer, but the end of July *feels*
much more like
the
>middle of summer to me. We'll also be saying
good-bye to Krista,
who's
>leaving the following weekend on the next of her
never-ending series
of
>adventures: this time, it's to teach in Colombia for
2 years.

>When: Saturday, July 20th - starts around 8pm, goes
till about 4am
>
>What to bring: your own booze (or whatever),
friends, lovers,
potential
>friends and lovers, good humour, positive vibes as
well as the desire
to
>meet new and interesting people, reconnect with old
friends and to
have a
>great time!
>
>Where: 279 Palmerston Ave. apt #1. We're the red
door on the East
side of
>Palmerston, just south of College St.. Palmerston is
2 blocks west of
>Bathurst. Just push on the red door, walk in and
take the door on
your
>left (#1) with the pounding bass leaking through it.
>
>How to get there: by TTC: take the Bathurst
streetcar south from
Bathurst
>station on the Bloor line, get off at College St. (at
the Scotiabank
and
>Sneaky Dee's), walk west 2 blocks to Palmerston and
turn south on
College.
>Or, take the College streetcar west from College or
Queen's Park
stations
>on the Yonge or University lines respectively, and
get off at Bathurst
and
>College.
>
>I don't recommend driving a car if you can at all
avoid it - there's
no
>parking after 10pm on Palmerston without a permit and
the parking cops
are
>ruthless. You might find a spot in a lot (there's one
across
Palmerston and
>one at the corner of College and Bathurst) but it'll
be at least $10.
>There's also the Board of Education lot on McCaul
just south of
College you
>can try there (it should be free if it's open - I
assume it is but I
>haven't used it recently), but it's a 20 minute walk
to Palmerston
from
>there.
>
>There's space for a few bikes on the railing out
front.
>
>N.B. As last time, smoking will be permitted in the
front areas of the
>house (living room and kitchen) but please don't
smoke in the rear
bedrooms
>(including the 2nd bathroom off of my bedroom). We
have central air
>conditioning so it shouldn't get too hot even if we
have a great
turnout
>like last time.

>

Soul Carvermember
2 posts

Posted:

reading all your great posts is making me want to cry! I miss cool fire spinnerz and punk/hippy/techno geeks so much...

can i come to a gathering sometime? The problem is im in Dundas (hamilton kinda)... ...

but if anyone can help me meet kidz in the area id really appreciate it...

oh yeah, ive been spinning staff for bout a month and would love to learn to light it up!

peace.
Tim

154 posts

Posted:
Hey Guys Great Weekend, Starting thurs. - Paddy so glad you could make it out see you tues!!!

and all tues...???

How wet did you get last night???

oh and....Davy did you leave a lcbo bag in
the back of my van last night? It has a book called
"The fifth sacred thing" in it with a fuzzy somthing and razors....?? Let me know.

Welcome Soul Carver! Hope you can make it down to TO some time!

Chrystal - WOW I can't wait 'till the weekend!

*huggzz*
B.

lindaSILVER Member
93 posts

Posted:
hey all, had a blast yesterday. dancing, poing, and got soaked. what a lovely sunday afternoon. looking forward to tomorrow (tuesday) at trinity

SmokyDavySILVER Member
394 posts

Posted:
Tim,

your best bet is to commute into toronto for one of our meets and try to arrange for a place to crash for the night while you're here. Even if you come on Sunday for the promise beach party you could pick up a few moves..

There's only 3 or 4 people who do any staffing in this city, none of them (myself included) are great but I can get you to a point where u've got enough moves to light up.

To be blunt, the likelyhood of finding anyone who can do anything with staff or poi in Dundas is somewhere close to zero.
Actually, the likelyhood of you finding someone who has seen a fire spin in real life is pretty low. Its pretty low here anyways.

884 posts

Posted:
Having never been out on a tuesday, I just wanted to confirm the time...9:00...am I right about this?

See you tonight! I'm going to be bringing my little sister as she'd like to see lots of peeps who spin fire! I've made her a set of glowsticks for the occasion...

154 posts

Posted:
uh Paddy that's PM not AM...and I think people come ealrlier too - 7:30-8pm.
SEE all around 9ish
Davy is that your stuf i got or What? If so Should I bring it to trinity??
*huggzz*
B.

SmokyDavySILVER Member
394 posts

Posted:
I'm skippin this week in favour of a chilled movie nite.

This weekend though, there's another resistor party at the Reverb and I'll be having another pre-party poi session from 10-11:30pm

154 posts

Posted:
BUT hopefully.....most of us will be up in the wilderness with Chrystel WHOO HOO I can't wait!
DAvy - you should come away with us instead! There are plenty of Resitor parties but not plenty of opertunities to camp and swim and spin!!!

884 posts

Posted:
Ooo, I am SO there for the resistor party.

See you all tonight.

SmokyDavySILVER Member
394 posts

Posted:
I've gotta sell more of my stuff eh..

154 posts

Posted:
Poowy
and that goes out to all of you guys I won't see this weekend.
But if you r still interested in going , there is a meeting tonight at 10pm (should be a short meeting from my understanding 1/2h)to organize rides and food ect. at this portagise caffe' house just west of Osington on Dundas called..... uh Nova Aurie...Nova Airy or Nova somthing like that, it's a big place supposedly.
I hope you deside to come!

154 posts

Posted:
Well I just got word about the Sunday Promise Party's.
The guy's whent down to city hall and basicaly found out that they have the RIGHT to be (and throw a party) @ CHerrY BeACh!! SOOOOOoooooooo
What that means is: Including this Sunday EVERY SUNDAY of this summer there will be a CHERRY BEACH PARTY!!!
WHOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!

See you down there this weekend!!!

*huggzz*
B.

Page: ......