Page: ......
Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
Alright, a number of us have met in Toronto a couple of times now in Christie Pits park, and are going to be meeting on a semi-regular basis. Eariler tonight we thought it would be a good idea to start a thread for GTA spinners, where we can post meeting locations and times, and others can post to say if they'll be available, etc.

and...well, this is it. Enjoy, all.

PS. When did we decide we'd be getting together next? I wasn't paying too much attention I'm afraid...

MissAstrofunkloveBRONZE Member
154 posts

Posted:
I'll second that - PADDY, Kingston better apreciate you cuz your gunna be madly missed around here. I'll have my fingers crossed you can make it out for Harvestfest!! Have safe travels and I hope you can find more spinners out there this year for you to play with!

Chrystal - If your out there in Japanies cyber space, sorry I missed your goodbye party, not that I think i could stand to say goodbye to you a thierd time! Have fun out there and stay safe! *mwah*

As Paddy said we were talking about my trip and the spinners I met at Shambhala, less than a handfull who were freindly. It made me miss all y'all so much and I kept picturing you guys running around the grounds having a blast! Next year we ALL HAVE TO GO and represent and show those guys the best poi community there is!!

xoxo
B.

....dance like nobodieswatching.... oh no wait, I'm not watching! My eyes are shut *crash* hehe oops sorry did I bump into you? *blush*

lindaSILVER Member
93 posts

Posted:
PADDY, Was thinking of entering that picture of you with the firework behind ya. Is that OK?
We're all going to miss ya. Actually, we already miss you. We missed you yesterday at Trinity!! Come back!!! Why do you need to go to school anyway.
STELLA, great to meet you. It was lovely watching you do fire. You're the only other person I've seen do it with a smile. Nice.
LINDSAY, Putting together our little routine, was so much fun last night!! will e-mail ya the list of moves in a few minutes.
FIERY, I forgot to give you money last night or cirque. doh!! Call me. I will give you money

SmokyDavySILVER Member
Do my poi look too small in this?
394 posts

Posted:
quote:
the spinners I met at Shambhala, less than a handfull who were freindly.
thats unfortunate, don't know if I'd be going to Shambala just to prove something tho.

All we have to do to prove anything is continue being friendly to newbies, teach, learn, grow and we've proved everything already!

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
FieryFlow, Mr Positive himself! Keep spreading the positive vibes.

154 posts

Posted:
Davy, that's what I ment...didn't say prove anything. I'm highly confident dare I say even a bit arogant in the knollage that "us" our group just being ourselves is the only catalis needed to better our world!
Teaching by doing so to speak...that's all I ment by "represent" and "show those guy's the best poi community EVER!"

I think "we" Ontarians made a good impression there in general. This one guy from BC i was talking too was quick to tell me how ALL the people from ONT. that he met were realy nice and friendly...suprising as Toronto gets such a bad rap for it's unfreindliness.

CIRQUE??? Are you guys planning on going to see Veriki(or how ever it's spelled) ???
Cuz I wanna go too!!!!
Or have you gone already?

*huggzz*
B.

....dance like nobodieswatching.... oh no wait, I'm not watching! My eyes are shut *crash* hehe oops sorry did I bump into you? *blush*

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Hi!
Just want to write that its great to find a forum for spinners in Toronto. Hope to make it out on a Tuesday and meet some of you!
Patrick

promisemember
3 posts

Posted:
friday Aug 30

Hello friends, It's dave here. Just wanted to remind you that the beach party will be happening on the Holiday Monday this weekend. One highlight will be the live sitar and digeridoo combo of Yoshi and Chie, the cutest couple in the world. They will be playing at 5 and are really amazing to hear.
Also, I am a bit involved in the Reclaim the streets march today (friday) at 7pm. They totally could use some twirlers to make their march complete. It's late notice, but should be worth it, here's detiails:

Friday aug 30th
Reclaim the Streets
A group of dedicated people wants to help us reclaim the right to use our own streets to live in and socialize. Bicyclists, performers, hippies, drummers, moms and dads and kids all group together to snake through the streets, ending up at a spontaneous downtown street party. Promise is bringing djs Lee Osborne, Andrew Allsgood and Randy Twigg to play at the street party. This all begins at Bellevue Square Park in Kensington Market (you know that little park) at 7pm, and, as it's a roving affair, you should show up more or less on time or it might disappear down the road.

dave of Promise

154 posts

Posted:
Welcome PATRICK !

Looking forward to meeting you! -Try to come down to CHerry Beach on Monday...there should be a bunch of us spinners there!

Have a great weekend ALL!
*huggzz*
Bethany

884 posts

Posted:
hey all,

just checkin' in from Ktown. I'm the first to move in, so that been a bit of added pressure...having to clean the place up, scrub the kitchen, etc. all the people I'm living with will just walk into a house that looks brand-spankin' new, the lucky ducks. I have nonetheless found some time to spinnnnn...though the 7 foot ceilings and 10 min walk to closest park will make practice during the winter trickier than it should be. me tinks I'll use the gym for spinning spacce once the weather gets nasties.

davey, bethany, linda, thanks for kinds words! I will miss you guys (and eveyone else of course!) and nice to meet you Patrick!

I'm trying to get a tuesday night thing going on here to mirror the good ol toronto meets. I know a few people that are interested in learning, and I plan to litter the whole campus with flyers, but you'd need real dedication from at least a few people to get something going that would be big enough to survive a winter lull. so I'm going to see if I can get a few people truly hooked. we'll see.

last tuesday was really weird. our garbage goes out on wednesday mornings so those meets have given me the summer off of having to get it ready, so when my dad me to do so last tuesday night it really struck me that things were changing and I wasn't where I really wanted to be... (sniff) weird times.

promethea people: 'til the internet gets hooked up next wednesday I only have sporadic net access at the library and no personal email, so I can only get a hold of you here. what are the caveperson costumes being made out of? a friend of mine works at fabricland so I can get anything I'd need nice and cheap. let me know!

I guess that's it. the week ahead is going to be nucking futs. I will do my best to stay in touch and I will see you all at harvest!

my best to you all,

Paddy

SmokyDavySILVER Member
394 posts

Posted:
quote:
FieryFlow, Mr Positive himself! Keep spreading the positive vibes.
I can't figure if you're being sarcastic or not.

Either way, thanks, I'll try to keep it up

You're sorely missed Paddy. I hope your Kingston ventures are working out.

154 posts

Posted:
WHOOHOO The Sunday CHerry Beach Parties are still ON!!!!

*huggzz*
B.

jeeffmember
3 posts

Posted:
hi boys and girls i'm back from burning man. whew! so sad that i missed paddy's last week here in t-dot, but i'll always have the memories *sniffle* *sniffle*

actually i'm gonna be visiting kingston in the future to see some burner friends i made who go to school there as well, so maybe i'll surprise you at one of your kingston tuesday poi meetings.

so, judging from missastrofunklove's last post, there will be more cherry beach parties yet this year? is that true? or are we meeting somewhere else to spin on sundays? anyone? anyone? bueller?

at very least i'll see y'all on tuesday. rock on.

Aurora (1/2 a firesister)GOLD Member
enthusiast
249 posts

Posted:
^^glad to see you made it back in one piece

this sunday Sept 8, 2 -10pm

livin' large and promise
cherry beach sunday afternoon soundsystem

Bring a frisbee, bring a kite, bring a handy sweater, bring a dog (only nice dogs), bring your lover and a hammock. And pass the time on this lazy sunny sunday afternoon with friends and friends of friends.

directions
Take Lakeshore Blvd East of Toronto, just past Parliament
Turn sound south down Cherry Street all the way to the parking lot at the end
Walk west (right) along the beach and you'll hear music
And, biking there is easy along the trails beside the lakeshore

things to think about
Please don't bring more than you plan to take back out with you - leave no trace.
Bring something warm and something to sit on and also something to keep sun off your head and maybe some bug spray for the evening.
Also, this is a word-of-mouth event. If you know someone who will like this type of free outdoor event, please let them know.

If weather turns foul the day of, call 323.0361 for the emergency update. <
See you there.

cheers,
Jim, Rene, Keijo, the Reverend, David and Irving

[ 08 September 2002, 05:31: Message edited by: SunSpot ]

Om Namah Sivaya

chrystel starrmember
30 posts

Posted:
OOOOOOOOOOOOhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

i would love to be spinning with you glorious spinners...... i am now in japan on the hunt for fire spinning somewhere in the dark....

you are an amazing group of people!!!!!

i stopped in BC on my way to japan, hit a rainbow gathering and met the most snobbish Poi er in the universe, i couldnt even believe it

keep the light flying

love and flames
Chrystel

[LIST]

jeeffmember
3 posts

Posted:
thanks for the info lindsay, i'll see y'all there! and chrystel, you'll be there in spirit i am sure.

SmokyDavySILVER Member
394 posts

Posted:
We're coming closer to scoring a venue.

154 posts

Posted:
CHRYSTEL!!!
Good to hear your safe in Japan! I miss you lovely!! Hey I hear Oscar did fire in a canoe!! Wish I had seen that loge shinnanigans!!
You met a snoby poi er in BC?? Man I know what that's like it's a shame especialy at a rainbow gathering??!! How was the rainbow gathering otherwise? Where in BC was it? Where in Japan are you now? When r u comming home?

Just kidding I know I have to wait a whole year *snifle*

sending love and *huggzz*

yeah yeah 20 questions B.

Digital Patchworkmember
5 posts

Posted:
2 pm till ?????

ENGINE (tribal techno and techno)
C-64 (idm, junglecore)
GAVIN the BASS (house, techouse)
ATP (trance+techtrance)
JUNGLEJUICE (jungle)
KINETIX (psy breaks + psy tech trance)
SKEETER (noize and other stuff)

If you have anything to contribute (equipment, art, talent, etc) then please e-mail us

[ 12 September 2002, 20:36: Message edited by: Digital Patchwork ]

In the beginning, he made a groove, and with this groove, he made us move.

SmokyDavySILVER Member
394 posts

Posted:
that party has been cancelled due to lack of preparedness apparently.

Chrystel!! I didn't even see your post there!!

So happy you're well and happy. I looked in the "Meet Others" section and there's 9 people in Japan, mostly in Tokyo.

I hope you find someone!

Miss you LOTS!!

154 posts

Posted:
DIGI.PATCH>
When is the date of this party? AND is it still on??

ATTENTION: I've startted up an events thread so that people can find out info easier...so if you have events info ect. please try to post them in there! ~ thanks

also...THIS WEEKS CHERRY BEACH PARTY IS MOVED TO CAROL'S PLACE!

for more info see the "Beach Party - TORONTO ONT ~ and other festivities" thread.

Plus see some of you at Markus's & Kristian, Stephanie's (place) party Sat. I'm bringing fule so we can spin on the street or in the back allyway.

*huggzz*
B.

154 posts

Posted:
Hey gang there will be no Promise (beach or otherwise) party this comming weekend because of HarvestFestival.
Speaking of Promise - where were y'all this past sunday?
i'm verry dissapointed if it was cuz of the tiny bit o rain that fell!

hehe

see you tonight? and at H.F.!!

*huggzz*
B.

Mass Destruction Worldwidemember
83 posts

Posted:
MY GOD!!!!

It has been so long since Ive been around...I miss the madness associated with the poiers of T-dot! Im in finals right now, but have three weeks off as of Friday...*which also happens to be my 20th b-day* tee hee!!! So Im hopin to get down to Trinity next Tuesday!!

Man, Paddy's gone!! Jai malade. It sure wont be the same without you around...but school is always for the good, and Im sure you'll get a following of fire loving freaks in K-Town as well!!

Wow...Ive been missin so much action...but school is my life right now *manipulates face into a smile/crazy face* THE STRESSS!!!!! AHHHHH

But soon it will be done for a while, and I will be able to join in the madness once again!!

Hey to those of you I havent met yet!! And hugs to those of you I havent seen in forever....*especially Davy, Lindz, Bethany, Linda, Paddy and Vitaly-which is a REALLY long time no see!!*

well, back to school!! Later arsonists!

educate yourself - knowledge is power

Aurora (1/2 a firesister)GOLD Member
enthusiast
249 posts

Posted:
^^^hey I was just wondering where you ran off too. Good to see you back hugz

You gots to come to the harvest festival>>>it's gonna be sweet. Check the details in the harvest festival thread that bethany started.

Hope to see you there *~Lindsay~*

Om Namah Sivaya

SmokyDavySILVER Member
394 posts

Posted:
quote:
beach party friday september 27th

If the good weather holds up we're going to throw a
shindig down at cherry beach next friday (27th?).

Anyhow, i know this is an old refrain, but we were
hoping that someone out there might have access to a
generator (maybe you know someone who works at a home
depot who'd let us ride off into the sunset with one
). We're also looking for people to come help us set
up so that we can get things started a little earlier
than usual (anyone with a car would be esepcially
helpful).

Based on the events last time around we're probably
not going to broadcast info on this too widely. Though
feel free to inform anyone that you feel would be a
positive addition to our gathering. We're aiming for a
crowd of about 150-200 this time. We've never had
difficulties with the police at that size in the past.
We also
intend to make arrangements with the security that
patrols the service road behind the field to let them
know what we're up to so they don't freak out. Either
way,
plan on a late night as we've always until about 9am.
Cheers,
Steve

p.s. if
anyone knows those fire dancers from the last party,
make sure to bring them along...they were a treat!

154 posts

Posted:
Davy you no like mi thread for events or somting? hmm? yah ...hehehe

Any way who's putting this on and have you any details on the location on the beach?

more info if you got it please.....hey r u going to this? I like the sound of FREE

*huggzz*

B.

884 posts

Posted:
Wish I was there
Meh, what'r you gonna do?
See you guys in a few weeks!

SmokyDavySILVER Member
394 posts

Posted:
so long as I can get a ride there, I'm going.

Paddy, this'll be psy-trance too, you should come down for Friday night, you can crash at my house if you want too

PLEEEEEEEASE!!!

SmokyDavySILVER Member
394 posts

Posted:
Oh, Miss AF, I just didn't want to bother pressing the new topic button. I think this is Cosmic Babies.. you remember that party that got busted on Cherry Beach? I figure they'll be in the same place.

Thats also why they're being cautious about advertising. I don't figure the cops will check this board though. Its not local.

So yeah, Paddy, this friday, come to Toronto, we miss you!

884 posts

Posted:
I'd love to but it's homecoming this weekend and I'm having a pancake kegger with all my froshies. Plus the bus trip costs add up fast!

Next time I'll see what I can do!

MeenikSAPPHIRE Member
enthusiast
272 posts

Posted:
Hi, I'm going to be visiting TO for a couple weeks sometime over the next two months. I've got a few questions:

1) Do you guys have a place you get tother regularly for practices or fire jams?

2)Is it legal to busk with fire in Toronto? And if so, how difficult is it to get a busker licence?

I'd like to hook up with a bunch of you while I'm in town!

Nick

"They're interdimensional fractal intelligences. That's why they wear funny shoes."

Page: ......