gooblemember
71 posts

Posted:
Come join the Gooble birthday bonanza
as Gooble Warming celebrate their 1st birthday in West End!!!

Non-Https Image Link

Lucky door prizes, installations, trippy visuals, and an eclectic mix of the coolest tunes around!
So bring your drum, bring your toys, bring your friends, get to the party and get down with the goobles!!

And if you can't make it, get to the shop and buy yourself a present!
gooble warming 73 vulture st west end brisbane - the funkiest stuff in town.

Sat 18 May, The Winery@Davies Park, cnr Montague & Jane, West End. Entry by donation.

3 Spaces: main Room, L'UV Chill and DEX the verandah.
Full bar at pub prices!!!

Featuring...
Letre & the ZT crew
Hexadecimal
She-Rocks
Psyklone
Beat/t
Steve Jetsun
Rainbow Brite

plus A magnificent fire show by Firebug

What more can be said
BE THERE
Gooble Flash Flyout

[ 10 May 2002, 10:21: Message edited by: gooble ]

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
Wow! did you know Bec's birthday is the same as Goobles birthday?

So guys, I really wanted to come to this But Bec's having her birthday bash aswell... She was keen to come along too... Anywho we'll catch up soon

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
I just met a NZer recently that was from brisbane... mentioned u guys, michelle, she has moved to sydney.

- Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -

gooblemember
71 posts

Posted:
Blow me away - or be prepared to be blown
3000w of sound oooooOOOhHHhhHH
Boom BooooOOOOMMM brilliant sound, ultimate visual eye candy - projections and lighting
psychedelic mayhem to soak up til saturation
a full 12 hours of jumping, bouncing, where you gonna get the energy!??
well- raging bull cocktails, jungle juice, flambe cocktails and LOLLIES!!??!!
don't forget to chill in the l'UV room, or get some fresh air on the verandah
be there or be a triangle

3,492 posts

Posted:
I love your posters! I've seen them everywhere! They're great! who did.... or where did you get the artwork? It's so funky!

Thanks again goobles for the glow bug stick I love it!

I'll have to make sure I get out to davies park one of these tuesday's aswell

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

3,492 posts

Posted:
Hey how'd it go on saturday?

gooblemember
71 posts

Posted:
A big naa naa to those who couldn't come.
It was a fantabulous night attended by the biggest beatiful bunch of people that I could imagine.
Thanks to everybody to come along, I really hope you did enjoy it as much as I did, not to mention the pleasure we had to put it on. It was the best thank you we could give to everyone who has supported Gooble Warming over the past year in West End.
And you know that the most asked question of the night was when will the next onw be?
By crikey, I think that organisin this has taken about 2 years off my life expectancy, but the warm fuzzy stuff probably added them back plus 1. Which means the more put on from nw means the longer I will live (dunno if that works or not, but it sounds like a good enough reason!!!)
We'll keep you all posted.
Looking forward to Moon Fest - yippee, ain't Brisbane the place to live!!!!

Butterflymember
21 posts

Posted:
ahh i wish i could've come!!!
it sounded like it was an awesome night...and from what i've heard the fire performance was quite amazing...happy birthday gooble!

gooblemember
71 posts

Posted:
REVIEW

GOOBLE, MAY 18, THE WINERY, SOUTHS LEAGUES CLUB, WEST END

West End’s funky retro palace, The Winery at Souths Leagues Club, played host to what was the happiest birthday party anyone could want. The salubrious and energetic crowd joined the Goobles to enjoy the celebration of their 1st year in West End. It was the most beautiful bunch of people that could ever collect in one place!!

When She-Rocks, she does. Her contagious beats kicked off the night in style.

Lectre and the ZT crew (Sam’n’Cam) unfolded their exquisite ability to FuNcK it up. Delicate yet potent, it was an intricate combination of rhythm and rhyme. What a precedant to set, but the night was still young.

The Fire Bug crew did manage to bring the party to its knees, literally. An amazing ritual of drumming, dance and flame was the fuel needed for the rest of the night. Their performance did allow some to gather their breath, but in total awe, many forgot to breathe out.

Soon after, Hexadecimal got us counting in tens, or was it sixes – well 10 out of 6 ain’t a bad score. Undoubtedly, this guru of live psy trance knows how to mess with your neurons!

Not to forget the frenzy whipped up by Psyklone, unrelenting, he would not let up.

Beat/T managed to be the first to dislodge some of the bottles from the wall. His journey took us though some of the magik of old skool funk and break beat.

Then Jetsun came on and kept the bottles shaking, his hard edged psychedelic beats ensured we wouldn’t be going home just yet, at least not until he had finished his trax and cleaned up the mess he’d left behind!

The Winery has proven itself to be an awesome venue, with its indoor/outdoor facility. Groups of friends gathered on the verandah with absolute vantage to the river to watch and listen. The L’UV room, with eye candy galore, was the warmest and most comfortable place to chill, but only for long enough to be able to jump back up on to the dance floor, or outside under the fig trees and fire twirl to the drumming.

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Just a quick note to all the guys and gals from Gooble.... THANK YOU
We had a fantastic time and I wanna say that your fire show was mind blowing... we spent most of the time in the u.v room playing with the flags and spinning out hard to the beats...please bring on another Gooble doof...we will be there with bells on....
love and fuzzys to all the beautiful brisbane twirlers... so nice for us to all get together.... cant wait for Moonfest

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

3,492 posts

Posted:
Yeay that's beautiful Guys! sounds like it was an awsome night! Please do have another one! I'd be so keen for it.... and If you need help with anything...???

gooblemember
71 posts

Posted:
It looks like, by demands, that we will have to do it again.
How often is too often? Any suggestions??
We are thinking maybe once every 2-3 months. Of course it won't be a birthday do!!
I know that we will be doing the official after party for the West End Street Festival, Oct 20.
Some people have suggested a 2 day 'big' event, with camping etc - festival type thing. Dunno, that may take a fair bit of organising - maybe to coincide with a workd record attempt
Please feedback....
Philby
Gooble Warming

3,492 posts

Posted:
Sounds fun... but camping would take a fair bit of organizing!

3,492 posts

Posted:
but a festival feel with camping... like a live in invironment always feels good... ???

gooblemember
71 posts

Posted:
YEP
The date to get wiggedah, Sep 7 is when Gooble goes 2. Looking to build on the last one, wid more fun(k) vibes and hopefully more tribes. Tell ya friends.
Line up etc will be announced soon.

lub
da goobles