master sodiummember
536 posts

Posted:
just wondering how many people on this site attend/spin at burning man.

only 123 days left until we go home

you can't have a war against terrorism because war IS terrorism.it's not about worshipping fire. its about making the fire want to worship you.

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
Home as in Burning man lasts 123 days? Or Home as in to BM?

master sodiummember
536 posts

Posted:
going home sweet home to black rock city(burning man). I only wish it lasted 123 days. god would that be great. but then of course after that long out there, re-integrating back into society would be a hellish journey.

you can't have a war against terrorism because war IS terrorism.it's not about worshipping fire. its about making the fire want to worship you.

Traceredmember
71 posts

Posted:
If there is any way I can figure out exactly how, I will be there. I hope my fire friends will be coming with, as I wouldn't want to be going down alone, but I am still not sure what the plan is. Hell, I don't even know what my plan is for the rest of the month, let alone the end of my summer. Luckily, my university is starting later than usual next year, so I have the time off of school. We'll just have to see what happens I guess.

I hope to meet a lot of you wonderful people from HOP if and when I make it down. Maybe someone (a BM veteran) should determine some kind of meeting place and time for those who want to meet others from the board. Just a thought....

peae

An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind - Mahatma Gandhi

master sodiummember
536 posts

Posted:
if ya have to go alone. the event can be really strenuous on relationships of all kinds, especially if your friends dont want to do any work on your camp, but expect to sleep there. besides, out there everybody is your friend. and dont say "if there is any way" just say your going, because there is always a way. I hitchiked in '99, which was my first year.

Benstickinmember
8 posts

Posted:
i can not wait to go to the burn.me and my girlfriend are going to get married there .we will get to spend our honey moon spinning fire in the greatest place on earth .it does not get any better than that.true love and my girlfriend.

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
heh to all gwan 2 BM
ill be an english uninitiated 1st timer - and per4ming(if i can get a 1/2 cheap way of gettin over!)would be great 2 meet up with sum of u yocals(locals in ye olde english - like what we speak!!), and not al2gether sure of how i gettin from LA 2 da black rock - any convoys - anytime
lookin 4ward wid wild imaginings

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

master sodiummember
536 posts

Posted:
if ya can fly/hitchhike into reno robudda I could probably provide a ride.

Traceredmember
71 posts

Posted:
Its official, I'm goign to make it to burning man. My troupe was just admitted to the fire conclave (assuming the video we send to crimson rose doesn't involve us burning down any large buildings or lighting ourselves on fire toooo severly), but we still have to buy tickets =( There goes a pay check. Oh well, its well worth it from what I hear. And, just for the sake of it, I will bring this up again. I would like to meet some folks from the board down there, so maybe someone should figure out a place and time to meet. It seems a little impractical to walk around a tent city of tens of thousands asking, "are you on HOP?" every time I meet some one. You have all helped me soooooo much, I just want to meet some of you, and thank you to your faces.

Peace

BTW, I just did my first fire breathing performance tonight, and I have to say WOW. Amazing.

An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind - Mahatma Gandhi

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
I was at Burning Man 2000 and 2001. I spun at the Burn in 2001. Unfortunately, because of my medical school schedule, I will not be able to make it in 2002, 2003, or 2004.

Hopefully, I'll be able to make it to 2005.

Piss Clear!

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

master sodiummember
536 posts

Posted:
how can you possibly pass up burning man to go to school. I'm gonna hafta ditch a week. but then, that is medical school I take community college.

hannahleelooBRONZE Member
1 post

Posted:
I too will be with you beautiful freaks on the playa come August. And to Benstickin, my husband and I were married (legally) in the Plastic Chapel last year. In my opinion, Burningman is the perfect place for such a union. I would be happy to offer any advice on making it an easy process...so far as the legalities go. (hannahleeloo@hotmail.com)

I will be camping w/ Eclectic Playa Tribe from Seattle. All are welcome to come by for Chai and hypnosis.

HM

Benstickinmember
8 posts

Posted:
What do you mean legally?was there a real priest or judge there?I really wasn't sure about getting married with legal shat involved.My family at burning man is probaly enough for us.i would like some more details of you getting married there.