becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:
just a quick reminder...

Moon Fest is on *this* Saturday night (ie 27th April) at Shorncliffe Beach (Brisbane, Australia..*)

We're also running workshops in the afternoon (fire twirling & drumming) and have an interactive rehearsal session from 6-7pm

email Elke moon_fest@hotmail.com or me moonfest@bigpond.com or visit https://communities.msn.com/moonfest
for lots more info...*

love to you all and look forward to seeing many of you at moonfest...***

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
Hey beautiful people!

We're doing (as Bec said) an interactive rehearsal session from 6-7pm for an impromtu performance type thing for moon fest. We're going with a will-o-the-whisp theme, with glowing balls (glowies inside balloons ) They come from the woods (up on the cliffs) down through the trees and meet the fairies who become enchanted by the will-o-the-whisps and the two dance together entranced by magick. A beautiful buterfly fairy goddess (Sue) will awaken from her chrysalis form and dances amongst the fairy sprites. She then guids the fairy beings back to the forest.

Do you want to be in it? Come along on Saturday from 6pm and you can! If you have a fairy costume to wear, it's even better!

See you then!
Love Elke

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

Helmember
9 posts

Posted:
I've lost my poi

Finally made it to my first Moonfest in ages and had heaps of fun but the downside was that my fire poi vanished on me.

If anybody got home and discovered they've got an extra pair of poi (with the chains shortened a bit) then they're probably mine.

So if anybody knows anything could you please, please let me know? Thanks!

Apart from that I had a fantastic time... the rain only made things better I thought!

Hel

Butterflymember
21 posts

Posted:
hey bec and elke,
just wondering how the moon fest was on saturday night!
i just read about the faerie idea and it sounded beautiful...i wish i could have come! ah well....i hope it was a lovely night and i'm sorry to hear you lost your pois hel.
peace and moonshine ....

3,492 posts

Posted:
Ye' it was a gorgeous night!
Lots of drumming lots of twirling and dancing and the fairy will-o-the-whisp thing went really well. We had beautiful fairy dancers and the Glowie balloon thing worked well (lucky.. cause we never tried it before only thought it, but they looked great.... exept after a while the balloons started to deflate but that was after we'd finnished the performance so it was ok ) Next Moon Fest is on the 26th May so if anyone's got Ideas for themes let me know, I'd love to here from you!

Oh and Hel, I went down for the clean up run the next morning and sorry to say I found no poi But perhaps someone else found them... if I hear anything I'll let you know.

[ 29 April 2002, 16:12: Message edited by: Moon Pixie ]

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

Helmember
9 posts

Posted:
Thanks Elke!

Part of my worry the other night was that I didn't have a torch and what if they'd just been moved and I walked right past them in the dark. So at least that's one "what if" put to rest!

As for themes, is an ocean creatures (mythical and real!) theme too dodgy/obvious? Just thinking that since MoonFest is always on the Shorncliffe beach you could probably have some fun with it

That's the best I could come up with on a Monday afternoon at work!

Hel

3,492 posts

Posted:
That's a lovely Idea!

We did a little with this for the "Water" Moon Fest, (for the Elemental Moon Fests last year) and also a little with the Bluewater Festival But I feel it could be exploited alot more than it has been. Nice Idea, we could work with that one.