Page:
KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Hi Folks

When is the next fire fest in the london area? Also if anyone feels like meeting up in Clapham Common some fine sunny day for someone to practice with, get in touch and we can meet up

Cheers

Kat

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I suffer from Angoraphobia - fear of wooly sweaters.....

Meh

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
I also have a severe marmitophobia (fear of Marmite), so please, noone feed me with Marmite while I visit London , Ok ?
Angoraphobia sounds scary though ...
You Ok, Cantus ?

Dom, is there any link or something to take a look at that famous place we're allgonna meet in?
where exactly is it ?

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Hopefully no one will turn up wearing a fluffy jumper smeared with marmite or we're both doomed....

Meh

CarreySILVER Member
180 posts

Posted:
Ma p of Clapham Common

I hoped that worked. The red circle is where the Windmill Pub is...and we'll be somewhere near there. They are our source of beer and toilets, probably in that order.

Is everyone excited yet?

XXX
C

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
I too declare this a no marmite occasion. I'll add that to the flyers! I'll allow mayonaise only if it's kept at least 10 metres away from me.

Sorry Cass, no pics of the place. Imagine a big park, with trees, a bandstand, football pitches. Unlike Paris parks it has more grass then paths and *gasp* you can actually sit on the grass!

Where is it? Just a bit south of the river, Clapham. My map link didn't work for some reason, but Carrey beat me to it anyway! We'll set up by Windmill drive to the right of the common. You can also see where I live at the moment, Sisters Avenue off the top left corner of the common.

[ 20 April 2002, 01:36: Message edited by: Dom ]

CarreySILVER Member
180 posts

Posted:
Just spoke to Orange...

He's been suffering from a nasty ear infection and has lost his internet connection...poor baby...

He will be coming to the 18th...Yay!!!

And...he will be bringing the cross-country set too...

So..that's Orange sorted...any other questions?

Cheers!
C

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Since I really don't trust my car to get me there, does anyone know which tube station is closest to the common?

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Clapham Common tube station Or Clapham South.

And loads of buses go to Clapham from all over. Details here: https://www.transportforlondon.gov.uk

CarreySILVER Member
180 posts

Posted:
Clapham Common or Clapham South on the Northern Line.

Sorry I haven't emailed you BM...I've been a bit busy...looking forward to meeting you though!

C

CarreySILVER Member
180 posts

Posted:
Dom, are you and I competing today?

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Obviously both bored. Better finish the flyer really. Glass seems to have finally shut up about calling it 'Staff and Poi in the Park'

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Flyer

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Hmm, seems like I should have looked up a list of tube stations before asking

No problem Carrey, I've had a tonne of work myself, everything I work on is based around the end of the financial year, so it's been a nightmare recently

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

4,224 posts

Posted:
Dom, your flyer is cool
BUT
you forgot to mention it is a marmite and woolen sweater -free event

Carrey, you really had a brilliant idea when you thought of May 18th and picnic and such

Smooch to everyone

shine on
Cassandra

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
cheers carrey for the flyers, i ran about 50 somin off for tomorrow to pass around.
might have known glass had somin to do with the name change..
dont have orange's number but now that he is comin anyway thats kewl..
well i got a car full all ready and had some right crap booking time off work but thats now sorted.. (corporate assholes)
might bring my uni down with me so i can whip peoples asses to clear space for cass hehe.
may/junes gonna be mad in the uk twirling circuit with pip london, run to the sun then in june glasto... busy busy busy people...
cantus every one wants to see you spin.. let them see haha
pk
https://uk.geocities.com/poi_in_the_park_sheffield
www.firedancers.co.uk

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Maybe it should say on the flyer that folks should bring dictionaries so the can pick you up on spelling used on said flyer

Meh

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
erm just pup this up the the site:
https://uk.geocities.com/poi_in_the_park_sheffield/piplondon.htm

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
And, in the interest of showing off.....a clickable link that works.

[ 20 April 2002, 14:10: Message edited by: C@ntus ]

Meh

Odissimember
14 posts

Posted:
Eeek, HELLO!

As my first ever post I thought I'd congratulate and bigitup (tee hee) to the amazing power of the people here. The sheer enthusiasm and the instant organisation of the Clapham Common poi extravanganza was a kind of attitude I haven't seen for sooo long... but that is after spending two years at the most souless and apathetic college in the world - grrr.
Poi people are great.
Can't wait for May 18th... ummm, but only if I can manage to get btb reverse weave by then!

Love to you all

EMILY xx

Squeak, moo.And what IS so funny about peace love and understanding??

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
welcome to HOP and the uk threads.
theres a roll call some where, i'm sure cantus will help you out!

https://uk.geocities.com/poi_in_the_park_sheffield

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
erm damn tripp page 3!!!! tempest needs to stop influenceing me i other past times!!!

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Tomorrow. I'll do it tomorrow.

I set fire to my arm this evening. That kind of thing saps your energy somewhat. In my opinion....

Meh

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
eerm excuses me, errm hello.
I have a small thing erm to say errm.
EXCUSE ME..
thanks.
minor Tactical blunder noted.

So, Had a tea break today, needed a bit of exercise, so though I'd cycle off to clappers and have a look and the venue.

Found the windmill, and the area near it. and its perfect. except for 3 minor points:
1) the area around the pub is absolutely the most crowded area of the common on a sunny weekend afternoon. heaving. for obvius reasons.

2) next to the pub is a kiddies playground full of random children doing children things, which is perfect if we need any toddlers to put on the fire.

3) Its the edge fot the biggest open area on the common, so cassandra and I will have to hide behind each other because we are too shy.

Can I propose this: there is an absolutely purrrfest area less than 5 minutes walk away to the west side of the bandstand, (on the map).
Its got trees around it, banks, and its a bit quieter and just the right amount of privacy and open-ness. and no kiddies or pissed punters.
Plus the skaters can bring their skates and play at the bandstand.
If people wand to find us. go to the bandstand, and will be able to see from there.

woopiee orange is comming

axis hopefully see you on tue, its the only night i can do this week, we'll make some room or see you on sun with michal.

Not the other glass, cos he's still working
glass 2

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
ps
"next poi event in london"?????
there are at least 12 poi events in london before SPIP.
Plus a lot of parties
SPIP SPIP SPIP SPIP SPIP SPIP SPIP SPIP SPIP SPIP

glass

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Ros and I plan to bring our own tree to hide behind. We can bring another for you and Cass if you wish?

Meh

4,224 posts

Posted:
I don't know the place , but from what Glass says (not, Glass, the guy we all know cause he is working, but Glass, the other glass... or whatever )It gets ma a bit worried. I have a bad history with drunks who get pretty aggressive with firespinners... and otehr than that I've qut spinning children on fire
So I agree we should slightly relocate, what do you people think ?

And Glass, I am short and round so if you are tall and thin and we decide to hide behind eachother ... I guess we're doomed Cantus, Ros, bring that tree for me please

Shine on
Cassandra

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
I know it gets crowded near the pub, so my thinking was that'd we'd probably be a bit away from the pub, towards the bandstand, not next to it. If there's people spinning that should alert people to where we are.

However if you reckon that near the bandstand is better then lets move. For those thinking about practicalities such as toilets it means having to plan your toilet trips 15 minutes before desperation.

And also we'll be doing the fire thing as it gets dark, when most people will have moved indoors once the suns gone and the kids should be home for tea (or out joy riding).

I left an f out of paraffin. my humblest apologies cantus. Or did I miss something else as well?

Emily, welcome.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I have no idea. I can't read.

Meh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by vain-ego pk:

cantus every one wants to see you spin.. let them see haha

What's your point?

Meh

CarreySILVER Member
180 posts

Posted:
Hello!

I hope everyone had a good weekend.

Right, moving PiP London...Thank you very much glass for having a look...though I'm wondering just how much actual work you've beent doing!!

I think it was suggested we would be *near* the pub from the beginning, not on top of it or too close to it...but isn't 15 minutes for toilet time a bit much?

I vote with Dom and my bladder on this one - on the East side of the bandstand, but far enough away from drunken people and children. How does that sound?

All in favour say "aye!"

All hail to Dom for very cool flyer!

Thank you very much for your note on your site PK. Very, very cool...

So, what are the numbers looking like?

Cheers,
C

Page: