Forums > Social Chat > Favorite spinning music?

Login/Join to Participate

Neekomember
68 posts

Posted:
Hello everyone! I've already posted a couple of times but have not had a chance to properly introduce myself. My name is Nick and I am born and raised in Seattle. I am 20 yrs. old and have been spinning poi for about 4 months. I was just wondering what kind of specific music people like to swing poi to. I tend to go for a lot of world fusion (Ekova, Govinda, DJ Cheb i Sabbah). Just curious what other people go for...

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Hi Neeko ! Welcome to the Board officially then ;o)As for your question, if you search in previous threads, you will find plenty of information about music and spinning. Hope this helps.Shine onCassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

Pele'sWhippingBoymember
442 posts

Posted:
Under the "Post New Topic" button there is a list of things to do. One of them is SearchI did a search for music. I narrowed it to Social Discussion and in the subject only. I found 15 topics including this one.These look to have the most pertinent subjects. Enjoy bringing them back up.Musicmusic to twirl toOn the topic of musicwhat music do we like..................?thanks for the help (what music we listen to)Good musicWhat music?------------------"Except for that Mrs. Lincoln, How did you like the play?"Pyromorph - Let the fire change you

FYI: I am not Pele. If you wish to reply to me and use a short version of my name, use: PWB.

English? Who needs that? I'm never going to England. - Homer Jay Simpson

Neekomember
68 posts

Posted:
Ooops. I did not know about that. Thanks for the info. That's good to know.

Charlymember
68 posts

Posted:
hey Neeko,a bunch of us get together and do poi on Monday nights in Fremont (Seattle).you should come by sometime.email me for directions.charly@cabiri.org~*Charly*~www.cabiri.orgAudi Ignis Vocem!

Ash Blackstarmember
177 posts

Posted:
My favorite type of music to dance (Because I'm a middle eastern dancer) and spin to, is generally anything with a hard beat to it. Alot of drums, and pretty much anything from Mercedes Lackey, Heather Alexander, and Meg Davis. I also like alot of rock.

Ash Blackstar

"Sticks and stones may break my bones, But Whips and Chains excite me"
"Only way to deal with Drama, heavy weaponry and a strong does of grow the Hell up"

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" Adam Savage - Mythbusters