.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
Would you come to a Moon Fest in Winter?
It doesn't acsually get that cold here in sunny Brisbane, So what do you think? Can we brave it?

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:
brrrrrrr...

you've just forgotten how winter feels... wait a month or two and then tell me it doesn't get cold here...*

It's OK for us twirlers running around and basking in the warmth of our twirling toys, but my guess is drummers and dancers and other non-fire folk wouldn't brave it so much...

...unless maybe we can get permission to have it down at the Beacon site? ... and have a yummy warm fire to drum & play around...?

.draevonBRONZE Member
92 posts

Posted:
Miss MoonPixie,

I know that if there were MoonFests on during winter, that I and the rest of Incendium would certainly come along. I think there are other factors as well as the cold though. Bec and Elke need a break sometimes.

Ðraevon
of Incendium
www.incendium.org

And on a completely unrelated matter:
"Member # 5" ... how stoked am I ...

3,492 posts

Posted:
I kind of did think about the Beacon Site...
A fire would be nice (and probably needed) We can just dance/drum/twirl ourselves warm!

But yeah, Draevon, Bec and Elke probably could do with a break (kee hee)

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
Moon pixie... sigh... don't play with the boys head...

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:
I'm sure he knows....?

she's not even trying!

.draevonBRONZE Member
92 posts

Posted:
... ?

And who is this Arsn boy?

3,492 posts

Posted:
Kee hee hee

becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:
sorry, you may not have met...

Tim meet Troy, Troy meet Tim

(but no one else knows who is who...*)

*but* now we've gone and ruined E... I mean "Moon Pixie's" thread... (sorry I'm just no fun)

...seriously, we need a Brisbane vote -
Cold, shivery Moon Fests in Winter or cosy nights full of excitement and expectation of a big one in Spring... (no, I'm not biased at all)

there's overwhelming support for them to continue on the moonfest message board - so unless we have lots of people bagging the idea you know what's going to happen... and then you all better turn up!

3,492 posts

Posted:

.draevonBRONZE Member
92 posts

Posted:
Hmmm ... troy ... let me see, that young poi boy that never wears a shirt??

1,903 posts

Posted:
I wear a shirt... only not when I twirl... Shirts end up smelling like kero... you may know me for the way I always ask a question by rising my hand... tee hee...

1,903 posts

Posted:
Anyway, Bec and E... Moon pixie...,

Would you mind if I started a Moon feast thing down here in Melbourne,... theres alot of twirlers down here... but cos you guys came up with it I thought I should ask... you know, respect...

Love me...

3,492 posts

Posted:
Of course!
Go for it! (...maybe don't call it "Moon Fest" but go for it!) I love to hear of other gatherings around the place! It means there's more great things happening and more wonderful places to visit and enjoy (especially when I don't have to organize it! yeay!)
Thanks for having the respect to ask me though

1,903 posts

Posted:
I wouldn't call it Moonfest... that's a brizzy thing... thats like take my pois away tpye of stuff...

3,492 posts

Posted:
Also Arsn, I think there might be people gathering to twirl in Melbourne already, perhaps you should link up with them???

3,492 posts

Posted:
Does any other Brizzy Fire Bugs (or Others ) want to give there opinion on holding Moon Fests in Winter? Just wondering if it's worth doing... Are you going to come along if i hold it? I'm working on getting the Beacon sight for a Fire mmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmm There's a nice little curvey mound round the edge of the fire place, perfect for the drumming circle. A stove for me to cook the Chai on, a shelter, a rubbish bin, & a water tap (luxury! ) Then of course, we'd be back in the usual spot for Spring. What do you think?

[ 30 April 2002, 14:51: Message edited by: Moon Pixie ]

Butterflymember
21 posts

Posted:
hey lovely brissie people...
perhaps there could be a trial winter moon fest...you know like on midwinter or something. (actually that might be too cold!) the coldest months are june/july/august/ and kind of september yeah....so a trial one could happen in july when its not too cold but is pretty damn chilly. and maybe we could all have double-wick staffs coz they are so much warmer than single lol. a bonfire is a beautiful idea...would the council approve of one at shorncliffe, bec? ah i haven't been to a moonfest for so long...its just so hard with where i live...oh well i'll come again soon hopefully
hope you don't mind my input...have a lovely night everyone!

3,492 posts

Posted:
Yeah, I'm going to ask our local council about using the beacon for the bon fire. It shouldn't be a problem, she's let us use it before.
Actually, last year in the middle of winter we did have a moon fest 'cause it was a special red moon lunar eclipse! And if that's anything to go by winter ones do work, it was the most magickal night and heaps of people turned up to spite the cold...
So I don't know guys, Moon Fest might just happen this winter... So stock up on those winter woolies!
Love Elke

3,492 posts

Posted:
Moon Pixie Again!

just wanted to be clear about the location for next Moon Fest (26th May) It will be at the usual space (lower Moora Park/Shorncliffe Beach) And then the June Moon Fest (prosuming Winter one's go ahead... Yeay! ) will be at the beacon which is located down the other end of the beach just North-West from the Wooden Jetty... I say North-West cause there's a new groovey sun dile thingy that they just put in and it's just infront of the jetty.... you could just turn left from the jetty and follow the path round 'till you; find the metal sculpture/fire pit, that's in the shape of fire (the Beacon) or see fire twirling and hear drumming and Moon Festivities... which ever comes first.
Just email me if I'm talking gooppleygop and I'll do my very best not to confuze you further

kAte*member
15 posts

Posted:
i'm surely up for a winter moonfest! as would all my friends be... we were recently discussing our gRrRs about no moonfest for so many months! my only worry would be the rain... and since most of us have to travel to shorncliffe, it may be a bit of a deterrent

nehoo, count us in!