Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > London - Tuesday, Wednesday and now a Thursday night workshop!!

Login/Join to Participate

KnoxiousGOLD Member
420 posts

Posted:
Yep, we're not far off having a workshop every night of the week now! (How lucky are us Londoners? No wonder Cantus doesn't like us!)
Tuesdays at the Viaduct, Vauxhall.
Wednesday's at the Methodist Church, Brixton
and now:
Thursdays: the brand spanking new, innovatively titled: "Swingers Night", Bannister Road, Kensal Rise. £3. 7 - 1ish (last check). Lots of space: fire outside, one room for music and play, and other for training (light and chilled), cafe, smoke friendly etc... laaaaarvly! It's all a short walk from Queens Park/Kensal Green tube or Kensal Rise overground, I noticed the no. 6 bus stops RIGHT outside (it's next to a Total petrol station). For more info, phone/text Ben: 07796 421 161.
It's good. See you there!

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
"£3.7-1"
does it cost two pound seventy pence. eeh

runs and ducks for cover behind some flags

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
You luck plunkers

No fair, my neerest group meet is Sheffield and it's a pain to get there on the train and it's only monthly.

Not putting Sheffield down or anything - I LOVE IT, but I need more!
I will rturn!

So how many of you guys are actually coming to sheffield on the 20th? It would be great to get a large fire circle going this time.

TwirlyVicnorthern monkey
235 posts

Posted:
hehe, u think once a month s bad. try never... sob

ex-hop-aholic, now inconsistent lurker...

miss_rummageSILVER Member
63 posts

Posted:
Hey Knoxious..
Is this thursday nite in kensal rise still on as last week i tried to text u but got no answer
im hanging to have a play with some lovely poi peoples and its my only free nite.
i need some staff inspiration.
pleeeease can someone help meeeeee

stay smilin

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
its still going.
and its still good,
Cant make it this week
be cool
Drew

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Shame! (That you can't make it, not that it's still going!)

It's so good even the fire brigade turned up to watch last week!

Sepamember
184 posts

Posted:
Well, turned up at Kensal Rise last night for a great night spinning poi, and I wanted to give a big thank you to the THREE people it took to teach me how to do the thread the needle. I'm so spastic with that move and it's great to have it nailed finally!

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
It's simple - one potato, two potato .....

miss_rummageSILVER Member
63 posts

Posted:
congrats sepa! i understand you pain
i had every intention of going to kensal rise, when some friends arrived at my flat abducted me and made me drink lots of alcohol!
god damn!

stay smilin

Sepamember
184 posts

Posted:
Aha! I was wondering if that post might snare someone, and it has!

Nice to meet you in absentia, Dom... we must stop meeting like this

Kealaigh (sp) sometimes friends can be so inconsiderate, can't they

I hope to see you both there next week.

Kylie

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Hallo! Did I tell you to slow down as well?

During the first stages of my poi phase I met a man who told me to slow down, right down. Ever since I've been as mean as him to everyone else!

Sepamember
184 posts

Posted:
Hmm, not sure if you did or not. But I'll try slowing down tomorrow. Very Zen advice, oh Mighty Dom. I must admit, I sometimes feel I should be doing the Karate Kid thing, standing on one leg on a post Poiing as the sun goes down. But knowing me, I'd lose my balance and keel over backwards!

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
crosses arms in a huff, you never told me to do that dom, shouts in a kev n perry style "i hate you".... lol
back to the drawing board and thinking of supaqua-firespining. now theres a thought for you southerners.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
hahaa, before i forget
do londoners understand maths?
poi workshops nearly every night.
i can count 3 nights..that leaves another 4 workshops to find. fridays from midnight crash at doms and play fire in his kitchen. just kidding.
any back to the couldren to stir things up a lil for the 18th..........f**k where thats rats tail gone#/

cyberpunkgrrlmember
27 posts

Posted:
Hey, what's going on in Sheff? I'm up here quite a lot, owing to botfriend living here and I'd love to meet more twirlers - already got one guy into it up here - he's just bought a beginners set!
more info would be cool!!!

Retry
Abort...

Failed!

CarreySILVER Member
180 posts

Posted:
So...I've been a bit out of the loop lately...

Can someone tell me if Tuesday at Vauxhall is still happening, or has it been cancelled?

I would love to know...

Cheers!
C

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
PK, we're too busy spinning to do the maths! However if anyone is able to spin in a 2 by 4 foot space you're welcome to try, but you pay for any damages!

The rat's tail is on the back of the head of some brat who's parent still think it's fashionable when the fact is they've pretty much always looked crap!

Carrey - Viaduct is dead - see the other thread.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
i'm sure kato can spin in such a confined space mate, lil guy that he is. surly sock poi cant do that much damage.