chromebluemember
1 post

Posted:
There has been rumours of a fire crew gathering in Rymil Park at the end of Rundle st, I have been there two weeks in a row and lugged all my gear around but no one has been there... So this Friday I want all you people in Adelaide to come there and share your talent. Same time 9.00pm on the 12th of April.

Also if anyone knows how to contact the organisers of this event Josh & Kate please do tell

;)Chromeblue;)

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
YUppo, That'd be me...

I have e-mailed you the details, but I might as well post them as well for anyone else who is keen...

-------
Josh and I have 2 fire-twirling sessions per week. The first is a practice on Wednesday nights and then we will have another session on Friday nights with a stereo, candles etc and hopefully an audience. Everyone is most welcome to come to both or either. Since there are some new people on the list I will post some detailed directions:

On Wednesday Nights we will be here:

'Twelftree Reserve' on the Corner of Richmond Street and Torrens Street, Hackney. If you know where the Hackney Hotel is (Corner of Hackney Road, and Richmond Street) Follow that street to the next intersection and that is where the park is, it is behind a caravan park. We will be here from about 8.30pm onwards until probably about 9.30-10pm.

On Friday Nights we will be here:

On the Bocce (sp?) Asphalt Park end of Rundle Street (PJ O'BRIENS side). If you follow Rundle Street to the end, there are two parks across the Road - Rymil Park. We will be in the park on the Left-hand side of Rundle Street. If you were here for the Fringe, we are behind where the Spegal tent was. If you can't see us twirling try looking for the lit lanterns and candle lights. We will hopefully have a stereo set up like we have done in previous weeks.

We will be here on Fridays fire-twirling from about 9.15-9.30pm till about 11.30pm. We will go later if there are enough people there and interested in staying.

If you have any problems with Directions or getting there then, please e-mail me and I will see what I can do.

If it's going to be raining on either the Wednesday night or Friday night, we have a small Area that we practice in under the Bridge of King William street, but I will post more details about this, if it looks like it's going to Rain.

[ 10 April 2002, 17:01: Message edited by: Katinca ]

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

693 posts

Posted:
Hey people,

Although the weather forecast says its going to be cloudy but not raining tonight, I am going to post the back up venue. This is where Josh and I twirl if it rains, and during the winter months when it doesn't stop raining

If it is raining at 9pm, this is the location:

Under the King William Road Bridge, that goes over the Torrens River, in the city. On the opposite site to “Jolly’s Boat house” we will be here from 9.15-9.30pm onwards.

Any problems send me an e-mail..

Kate

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

693 posts

Posted:
hey just thought I tell anyone on here who was thinking about coming we have changed to start time to 8pm, and will go till about 10-10.30pm if later if there are enough keen people.

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

smiley_dup1member
108 posts

Posted:
Hey are these meetings still happening??,

I just moved to Adelaide and would love to hook up with some nice happy people

See ya there (hopefully)

I don't like living below the tropic of Capricorn..... and now I seem to be in England...... how did I get here???

693 posts

Posted:
Heya,

Kate here, Josh and I are currently living in Manchester (uk) at the moment, so for obvious reasons we are not running the Adelaide fire twirling meets. However, I did leave it in the careful hands of one of my close firey friends, her name is Gen and she should be able to help you out, I will email you her addrress privately.

There is also a yahoo groups list that I set up when we were running those nights, I think it's still going, anyway just email Gen and she will sort you out. If your staying in Adelaide, Josh and I are going to be back there in December, and will make sure we put on a few firey goodness nights, probably will be beach weather by then. But will keep you posted.

Have fun.

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

smiley_dup1member
108 posts

Posted:
Thanks , really appreciate it.

I don't like living below the tropic of Capricorn..... and now I seem to be in England...... how did I get here???