Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > April Moon Fest + fire workshops - Brisbane

Login/Join to Participate

becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:
Next Moon Fest will be on Sat 27th April from dusk (about 6pm these days) in Lower Moora Park, Shorncliffe (Brisbane, Aust.)

We will also be holding workshops in the afternoon in both staff & poi twirling... email me for more details

the Moon Fest Performance is open to anyone who'd like to be part of it - just be there from 6-7pm for the briefing/rehearsal... or just come and play freestyle anytime through the night...

for more details about moon fest visit https://communities.msn.com/moonfest

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
Hello,

Just wondering if anyone's got any Ideas for themes for the upcoming Moon Fests?
Last Year we did The Ellemental Moon Festivals. These were four Moon Mests each one for a different ellement (Leo Moon for Fire, Virgo Moon for Earth, Libran Moon for Air, and Scorpio Moon for Water) They were lots of Fun So I'm thinking of organizing something like that for Spring/Summer Moon Fests this year. Maybe we could do one for each colour of the Rainbow (exept that it's dark at Moon Fest and so you don't see much colour. . . )

Any Ideas?

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

3,492 posts

Posted:
Aaron Walker will also be running a Drumming & Percussion Workshop prior to this Moon Fest

2:30~4pm

Bring along your drums, percussion instruments, fold up chair(if possible) and your beautiful percussive self!

Bookings through Moon Fest
moon_fest@hotmail.com
https://communities.msn.com/moonfest

Just ask if you need to borrow a drum.

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

gooblemember
71 posts

Posted:
Rainbows hey
Bring on the globugs!

3,492 posts

Posted:
yeah, that was an idea, as well as coloured flames and stuff

3,492 posts

Posted:
We could get out the old rainbow dragon again too! It's body never quite got finnished anyway... It'd give me a reason to work on it again. And maybe putting some glowies on that aswell would be fun! Some behind it's eyes and a few of those loopy ones round it's body.... Hmmmmmm food for thought!