Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > A call to all Torontonian Spinners!!!!

Login/Join to Participate

Organized Kaosmember
238 posts

Posted:
Someonesent me an email awhile ago asking me about the spinning scene in toronto cuzhe wantsto starts some spinning workshop in High Park in toronto...after a little bit of correspondance he decided the scene was not big enough here in toronto...lately when I've been to the clubs, I've realized how right he is, everyones moves consist of combos of crossovers, figure 8's and corkscrews...While this looks nice, I'm in the circle doing weaves, turns, reverse weaves, butterflys and other complex moves listed on this siteI dont want to sound conceited or anything but these guyz are no fun to spin with cuz they all do the same thing and I always end up bored in a way cuz I have noone good to spin with,,,So this is my call to all you Torontonian Spinners out there...HIT THE CLUBS!!!!!!! we need to get the spinning scene here bigger and more enthusiastic!!!------------------Do You ever Question Your life? Do You ever wonder Why? Do you ever see in Your dreams, All the castles in the Sky??

Every morning I wake up and hit the ground yawning...

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
Man, I'm all over that. I learned to spin here in Kingston in the last 5 months (I'm at Queen's), but baby I'm comin' home in two weeks and I'm planning to light it up at the clubs!Seriously, I'm taking my chains every time I go out this summer. Organized_Kaos, maybe we, along with whoever else you know that would be interested, should hit a club together sometime before September. I think if people saw a bunch of good spinners at the same time, it would let them know that a scene is out there to explore.Just let me know and I'm there! grin

Organized Kaosmember
238 posts

Posted:
Paddy, youre a man after my heartwhen you get here drop me a line and well tear tha klubs up together man!!!organizedkaos84@hotmail.com------------------Do You ever Question Your life? Do You ever wonder Why? Do you ever see in Your dreams, All the castles in the Sky??

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
It's a deal! I'll give you a shout when I'm back in town.vitalyo, what's your email address? It'd be excellent to have you along...Anyone else from T.O. interested in joining us, give a post here!

Organized Kaosmember
238 posts

Posted:
Vitalyo, unfortunately im not yet 19 so Im in with the all ages scene, but I heard that barely anyone swings at the 19+ events?A lot of people swing at the all ages ones but they do very few moves,,,------------------Do You ever Question Your life? Do You ever wonder Why? Do you ever see in Your dreams, All the castles in the Sky??

Aurora (1/2 a firesister)GOLD Member
enthusiast
249 posts

Posted:
I"m so glad to see some more Torontonian spinners on here. I"m so down with hitting up a club with a bunch of other spinners. Hi Vitalyo...I'm definetly going to be joining you at Helium this friday if you're still going.Organized_chaos-if I"m not mistaken Helium is all ages on fridays..right Vitalyo?

Om Namah Sivaya

Organized Kaosmember
238 posts

Posted:
Ive actually never been to heliumthos clubs are far from where I liveI was at Palazzo last nite, shine the week beforeIve been to all the clubs on the Highway 7 areapalazzo, shine, plasmic honey (closed cuz it was a shit club) and Paparazzithe only downtown clubs ive been to are the docks and AtlantisAlso Berlin was amazingbut one day we should all make an arrangement to meet at a club and spread the joys of spinning all over the world(friday nites dont work so well for me tho)------------------Do You ever Question Your life? Do You ever wonder Why? Do you ever see in Your dreams, All the castles in the Sky??[This message has been edited by Organized_Kaos (edited 02 April 2002).]