Page:
Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
Hi Folks,I know that there have been a couple of threads before on meeting at Glastonbury this year, I thought it would be good to have a new thread where people can post when they know they are definately going.Could also be useful place to arrange meeting places (stone circle will be a good start for lots of us I think) or lift shares etc.I have a ticket now and so does Woody and I am sure we will meet some of you down there at some stage smile Hope to see a good turnout,Mark P

Axismember
171 posts

Posted:
Yeah you're dead right, i also think its a real shame that it has come to this due to gatecrashers and freeloaders( ), I hope things go well this year as glastonbury is a special and unique event and it would be devistating if we lost it.

Big up to Michael Eavis for his amazing dedication, vision and hard work.

Dom - I will let you know my performance schedule as soon as i know.

Only a month to go...only a month to go...

Mineiromember
262 posts

Posted:
yay!!! doing a show (possibly four separate bits) every night at 1am... lots of nice fire, fiery capoeira, new toys you may not have seen...etc. titillation at its best i know, but come and see(tho i'm sure most of you would go and see it anyway..)
also stalling with demonstration space somewhere in the circus fields as te POOKa toys... we hope you will visit.

hard sell over with....ONLY 2 WEEKS LEFT!!!!!!!!!!

Rob

brain replacement...anyone?

--AuRIaN---member
69 posts

Posted:
glad to c theres gonna b a big kru of fellow spinners! can;t wait!! first fest ive been to when i can spin fire! so lookin forward to cing u all at the stone circle. hopefully we can swap tricks = needin sum new moves!!
2 weeks today!! not too optimistic about sun =- tis england after all! but come rain or shine it'll b a blinder!

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
I am so excited

only 2 weeks remaining till the festival and Solstice a week today - hurrah

Look forward to meeting a load of you lot

Mark

greenfyregirlSILVER Member
journeyman
55 posts

Posted:
Hello

I just found this article and thought that other people mite find it interesting!

https://www.corporatewatch.org.uk/news/glastonbury.htm

(sorry about my lack of technology!! you'l hv to cut and paste!!)

Does anyone know if theres gonna be any alternative parties away from the site so that people dont have to gatecrash?

sketchy_stevemember
15 posts

Posted:
orange here
loooooong hugs to all

i didn`t see this and just started a willy-nilly glastonbury thread concerning the relay-kit going there

with possibly making a 2:22:22a.m. meeting time ?
at the stone circle - mmmm fond 'standing on stones' memories... oooh the drums the drums they call the motions in intoxicant devotions

ta again sketchy for the p.c. use

see you all there yayayayyayyayay
i`ll be doing walkabout during the daytime
as... -oh maybe it`s a nice surprise and i shouldn`t tell

over the shoulder smiles and hugs
orange...xxx...

dibs_starmember
603 posts

Posted:
*Dibs hangs her head in shame*
Once again I can't go..................... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
God I'm sooooooooo angry. Had to sell my reading ticket too. ANGRY. Have fun tho guys. Think about me, working in Scotland.........

[ 18 June 2002, 03:35: Message edited by: dibs_star ]

Can miles truly separate us from friends? If we want to be with someone we love aren't we already there? If there is someone willing to show, and there is someone willing to see; magic happens. This is whem humans are alive. This is when the wingless fly.

Sepamember
184 posts

Posted:
Hmm, yes, very interesting, Clarey. Thanks for putting the link up.

Ironically, despite having twice the number of people turning up for the field, the facilities still held out as well if not better than a lot of other festivals. Oh well. I know of a few people who have not gone to Glastonbury for the last 5 years or so because they felt it had got too commercial!

Wikkamanmember
259 posts

Posted:
Dibs, my sympathies. That really is sad.

The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer-- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.-- Ken Kesey

Tremember
12 posts

Posted:
i don't want to jinx anything but LOOK AT THE WEATHER!!!!
everyone remeber to pack a cagoul and lots of suntan lotion (just in case!) and we'll meet up for a sun dance on wed at 9pm in the stone circle!

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
I am there - 2 more hours left at work and then I am off for 10 days for solstice and the festival.

Look forward to lots of spinning

Mineiromember
262 posts

Posted:
mista orange i have a pressie for you....
come and say helloo any time fromm wednesday onwards....
axé
Rob

brain replacement...anyone?

ChloeBRONZE Member
54 posts

Posted:
Eh oop. Weather predicted looks good for glastonbury, lets all keep a collective fingers crossed.

Natalie: Where about in thanet r u? I grew up in margate, went to king ethelberts school in birch'. Now live in bristol. How old u? May i know u?

CU all in stone circle, i think i'm heading down (up.. not sure) on wed.

Love.

Chloe.
-I'm dancing through the fire just to catch a flame-
Paul Weller

hairballmember
11 posts

Posted:
HiAll
Got me a ticket for Glastinbury, so l hope to see some of you dudes there. not to sure where the stone circle but l will find u....!

Paul

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
You'll see Orange from a mile off so it's ok. He'll be the orange one.

And I'm not kidding.

Meh

woodymember
99 posts

Posted:
I will have 52L of paraffin onsite on Wednesday
Everyone is most welcome to join me burning it

My memory for names and faces is crap so advanced appologies (like really advanced ones with computers and lasers and things) for not recognising any body

Luv and Lemons.WoodyMrs Jaypher said, 'It's saferIf you've lemons in your head;First to eat, a pound of meat,And then to go at once to bed.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I'm not going if that's any help Woody?

Meh

mr_spudmember
2 posts

Posted:
Hello everyone,

mr_spudmember
2 posts

Posted:
Hello everyone,
I have never posted on home of poi before. Yippe. One exam left and of to glasters the day after. I will be around from the afternoon onwards. Hopefully. There is a couch load of us coming down, and a couple of us are novice spinners. We would really like to meet up with you all so just name a time and We'll see you in the stone circle. Cant wait to see everyone there

BigPantsmember
99 posts

Posted:
So excited. I'm working as a recycler which will be cool. I'm a real novice spinner, and looking for some help, and just fasinated to see some proper fire spinners. Is there going tobe anywhere or anyone, who will be doing poi lessons at Glasto?

Look forward to seeing everyone at 2am at the stone circle on friday.

Yipiee and not mud this year the weather is looking good.

So if you see a messy looking girl, with a floresant yellow jacket, and a litter picking devise, looking a little lost and having trouble with her spinning, please come and say hi.
xxxxx

The bigger the pants the better!

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Woody, with the hat right? That's an awful lot of parafin! Maybe I'll help you out and take my big wicks and not just the baby wicks!

Page: