Page:
Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
Hi Folks,I know that there have been a couple of threads before on meeting at Glastonbury this year, I thought it would be good to have a new thread where people can post when they know they are definately going.Could also be useful place to arrange meeting places (stone circle will be a good start for lots of us I think) or lift shares etc.I have a ticket now and so does Woody and I am sure we will meet some of you down there at some stage smile Hope to see a good turnout,Mark P

Juzmember
5 posts

Posted:
Hello ppl
I'v never writen a post befor but have read all the stuff on this sight since about August,

I heard Ages ago that LOADS of you are meeting up by the stone circle @ Glasto Festival to Spin Fire on the Friday night?

It was ages ago i read this but i was just wonderin if it where true cos A mass Fire spin like that would be an increadable sight and I'd Love 2 see u all spin!
as much as i Love poiong myself its a beautiful art to watch and i thinx your all gona be Amazing!!!!!!!

Hope to see some of you their

Oooo and is anyone going to go spin or Go at all to the essental Festival In Bristol this Monday? (Mon 6th bank holiday)

Happy Love Juz

starbukmember
75 posts

Posted:
Ive been told a horrible rumor, its all sold out and there is no way in due to the £2,000,000 super barrier. Is this true?

If not c all ya special peeps in there!

Dont forget to bring a towel

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
hey Juz,

Cheers for the reminder of the essential festival on Monday! I am in Bath and if there is any chance of making it to the festival on Monday then I will be there with fire equipment

I am definately going to be around the festival playing and meeting as many fire people as possible (sounds like there will be lots!!)

Starbuk - Unfortunately the fence looks awesome , many of the people who I am going down with have used the fence as a way in, in the past but this year they have bought tickets.

I cant remember the address that I saw piccies of the fence but if I do I will flag it (looks like if you make it to the top though there is a good chance of breakages getting back down.

My advise is, if you havent got a ticket start looking for someone that might have a spare or talk nicely to someone that has a plane and a spare parachute!!

Odissimember
14 posts

Posted:
!!
My ticket came this morning... it's so pretty,.. and sparlkly... ooooh, can't wait.
In response to someone who asked about tickets for sale.. on eBay and the like, they are being auctioned for things like 300 squids! Oh dear..

This glasto is gonna be my first, umm would anyone who's been before reccommend going down on the wednesday.? It's just that my last exam is the monday before and I wondered if like 6 days of Glastonbury would be a good way to celebrate?

Safe breadbins,
EMILY xx

Squeak, moo.And what IS so funny about peace love and understanding??

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Wednesday is good, espically if you're going with a group of friends as you can choose a good camping spot away from noisy places (near the green fiends is best) and spend a good while wandering around and chilling out. Remember, at Glastonbury the bands are only a side show to everything else.

My ticket has yet to arive, hmmmmmm....

Sepamember
184 posts

Posted:
Ooooh! How exciting. Ticket time!

Hope mine gets here reeeeaaaalll soon.

We're going down Thurs morning as none of us can afford to miss work, but if I could I'd definately go down Wednesday.

Yeah, I think I'll be spending a LOT of time in the circus tent and the greenfields. Wooo hooo!

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
Good to see that tix are arriving already!!

I should be going down on the Wednesday evening sometime so I will no doubt see some of you then

Mark P

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
I'm coming!!!! I can't wait. Thought I wouldn't be able to make it but I can and I am and I will be there!

YAY

hope to meet some of you lovely people there I don't know any of you so I'll most likely be too timid to introduce myself. But if you see a shy but smiley girl with bunches and a set of poi, mooching on the outskirts and gazing longingly at all the pretty patterns of flying fire toys then come and say hi. I'll even stretch to a name badge!

Hopefully will meet some of you at PIP London on the 18th anyway.

Not long to go now...........

[ 10 May 2002, 00:17: Message edited by: Ros ]

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
awww Ros,

dont be shy come over and spin some with us

will look out for you when we are down there!

Mark P

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
still waiting to find out if i am performing there, will keep you posted.
argh i hate not knowing my schedual arghhhh.

3,638 posts

Posted:
PK - performing as in spinning? ooo.....with who? just curious....

lollipurple penguin- soon to be
478 posts
Location: playing with the pixies at the arsse end of the mi...

Posted:
does anyone know where i can get tickets still, or does anyone have a spare?, as when a freind phoned up she said it was all sold out

My spelling wobbles. its very good spelling but it wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong place

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
*moves to stand protectively next to Ros, unsure of all these boys being nice to her* Surely, Ros honey, you'll be the shy girl with bunches spinning fire on a stage some place?

Not sure if you know this but there are also some bands playing. You don't have to hang out with the spinners all weekend.

Meh

3,638 posts

Posted:
ALL these boys being nice to me? *looks around eagerly* nope, none that I can see. (well, except that one...but he's allowed )

ChloeBRONZE Member
54 posts

Posted:
Weeeee Hey... hello Mark, woody.. how's it going? Didn't realise u guys were going 2 glastonbury too. I'm litter picking, will be alright, even if it rains i've just bought myself set of waterproofs from the army surplus and can;t wait 2 try them out (altho i should imagine i will get 2 in scotland before then!). Plus the appeal of not having to pay 90 squid for a ticket, clean toilets and food definetly got me:) I worked at glastonbury 2000 for the wise crone cafe (were u there woody?) and it was a good laugh.

Anyway, i'm waffling. CU at the party on Sat nite mayhaps, and c everyone else in Glastonbury.

Chloe

Chloe.
-I'm dancing through the fire just to catch a flame-
Paul Weller

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Mark is definitely a boy's nameeagerly?

Meh

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
hey Cantus - no worries I am nice to everyone as are most poi types I have met so far

Chloe - yeah great to see you have internet access again (even if only occasionally )
Really looking forward to the party on Sat - looks like Caroline should be coming and just got Merlins number. Make sure we manage to meet at glasto too

Mark

PS Cantus yes mark is a blokes name.

Axismember
171 posts

Posted:
I hope to be able to come, they still havent told me if i am booked or not yet!

If you havent got a ticket, please go to another festival, Glastonbury may be shut down forever if people jump the fence.

Please look at the official website - it will tell you exactly who loses out when the festival doesnt run - and its not who you think it is!

love
Axis

pr!m@temember
78 posts

Posted:
Greetings all, and especially the wikkaman, even though he prefered to spin in London this weekend, with his REAL mates, than come and spin with us humble brummies...

Glas - ton - bu - REEEEEEEEEE

It's my birthday on the Friday - Hooray!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to meeting some spinners & falling over lots. Hahahahahaha!

Wikkamanmember
259 posts

Posted:
Sorry Primate, i got my saturdays mixed up, Thought last week was this week and vice versa.
Glastonbury!
Hurrah!
Hurrah!
Wahey!

The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer-- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.-- Ken Kesey

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
Hello Fellow festie spinners!

I got my ticket stuck to my fridge.. (oo it's the first time I seen one of them - aren't they pretty??)

Anyway I will be spinning at Glasto.. A mate has actually contacted the organisers and we are being set a little piece of ground aside for our tat.. so any problems with fuel storage can be solved.. lets make a pyro center at Glasto.. anyway if you want more info.. email me Niki_Firedragon@hotmail.com

Lets make this year a HOT one! :)HEY PRIMATE!! JUST SEEN YOUR B'DAY IS ON THE FRIDAY - MINES THE SAT!! Should meet up and toast our ages!

[ 24 May 2002, 05:02: Message edited by: Fire Dragon ]

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

pr!m@temember
78 posts

Posted:
Yeah, badass.

Lets get boxed.

...oh, yeah, and spin fire too...

(ahem!)

prior-erm-eight

Sepamember
184 posts

Posted:
I haven't got my ticket yet.... I hope it comes!

That's really organised! I'm looking forward to spinning with y'all.

Go Glastonbureeeeeeeeeee!

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
So.. just let me get my pea brain around this.. Glasto poi people.. we are meeting in the Stone circle on friday nite?
That'll be cool coz we can celebrate Primate's birthday until midnite.. then mine kicks in.. not that we need and excuse to have a good time..

greenfyregirlSILVER Member
journeyman
55 posts

Posted:
Does anyone know if theres going to be a travellers field this year?

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
Hi Clarey x.. apparently the 'official' travellers field has been banned.. but that has never stopped any of us befor.. one scarey thing is that you actually have to have your vehicule pass on show TEN miles befor youu get to the festie and EVERYONE in vehicules will have to show tickets within the cordon .. ya boo sucks to them!

Axismember
171 posts

Posted:
YaY!
Confirmation received!
I'll be performing in a fire show and two solo shows in the Big Top.
Yay!

Fire Dragon whatya mean, 'Ya boo and sucks to them!'???????

Those organisers are trying to help the festival run smoothly and hence more Glastonburies in future.

Those who jump the fence or break in threaten the likelihood of it ever happening again. Glastonbury festival is a major major contributor to several charities helping some of the poorest people on earth - helping them get clean drinking water and medicine - attempting to come to the festival without a ticket is directly hurting some of the most vunerable people on the planet.

Check the Glastonbury website if you don't belive me.

www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk

Axis.

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Axis, any idea when you're performing?

tatttySILVER Member
158 posts

Posted:
I'm going to be driving down from thanet (shity part of kent), so if anyone needs picking up on the way let me know!

Make your own happiness by making others happy [Ikeda]

*they used to read me stories, as though my dreams were boring*

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
Sorry Axis.. Ya boo to the people who made it this way.. Glasto attracts all sorts and some of them ruin it for others.. I want to go to a free feeling festival.. I don't mind proving the fact I have a ticket.. I just thinks it's sad that it has come to this... I guess I'm not very good at putting my thoughts across..

www.dubb-it-up.com

[ 30 May 2002, 08:35: Message edited by: Fire Dragon ]

Page: