Page:
Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
Hi Folks,I know that there have been a couple of threads before on meeting at Glastonbury this year, I thought it would be good to have a new thread where people can post when they know they are definately going.Could also be useful place to arrange meeting places (stone circle will be a good start for lots of us I think) or lift shares etc.I have a ticket now and so does Woody and I am sure we will meet some of you down there at some stage smile Hope to see a good turnout,Mark P

gάrbǿ²addict
521 posts
Location: Bristol / London / Norwich / Chennai, India (UK) (...

Posted:
yo yo yo waz up

quote:
I'LL BE THERE ]

be excellent to each other: safe:

gάrbǿ²addict
521 posts
Location: Bristol / London / Norwich / Chennai, India (UK) (...

Posted:
yo yo yo waz up

quote:
I'LL BE THERE ]
I hope.

No, most probably i'll be there.

mooooo

garbo

be excellent to each other: safe:

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
Nice 1 Garbo,

Look forward to meeting you and anyone else who makes it down - hopefully we might have sorted out a bulk supplier of wire wool by then too so people can see it for real :-)

Mark P

TwirlyVicnorthern monkey
235 posts

Posted:
Hi,

Theres about ten of us from newcastle going to glastos with fire staves, poi, meteors, fire clubs and fifteen cases of savlon lol...

hope to see you there,

vic x

ex-hop-aholic, now inconsistent lurker...

woodymember
99 posts

Posted:
I'll be there, but I cannot guarantee my location at any point in time

I'll be twirling wherever it takes my fancy....

See you there.

Luv and Lemons
Woody

Luv and Lemons.WoodyMrs Jaypher said, 'It's saferIf you've lemons in your head;First to eat, a pound of meat,And then to go at once to bed.

woodymember
99 posts

Posted:
Anyone got any plans for bringing 4-5 days worth of fuel with them? I don't fancy carrying that much fuel on in one go myself, and we may be able to get some sort of deal if we buy in bulk :-)

I tend to be free with my paraffin so if lots of people are burning it we get through a lot. Don't really want to have to say no to people who want to use some fuel, so I guess I'm going to need to take a lot.

I know an organiser of the Wise Crone cafe, and we may be able to sort out some form of fuel transport and maybe even a fuel dump though them.

Luv and Lemons.WoodyMrs Jaypher said, 'It's saferIf you've lemons in your head;First to eat, a pound of meat,And then to go at once to bed.

clairebearmember
52 posts
Location: jersey - Little rock, not quite there and almost h...

Posted:
I'm going!!!

Have ticket, bear will travel!!!

There are about a half dozen people that I know coming from Jersey with fire toys.

We were talking just last night about transporting fuel. if we bring vans over on the boat then we won't have too much of a worry, but if we end up flying then there may be a problem.

So if there is going to be the possibility of a bulk fuel buy then we'll all be in for it. no use having all that music and fun to spin with and to run out of fuel by thursday night

Woohoo!!!! time off the rock, when it'll be hot and sunny (I know it will be! none of that rain or muc this year!!)

Plus I'm looking forward to meeting some new people and learning new spins on old tricks

Be Cautious of who you sniff, they could be an EnemyBig love and fluffy rainbow light in bundles. Bear xxx xxx xxx

woodymember
99 posts

Posted:
Hey clairebear

I'm comming over to your loverly little island sometime in the next couple of months to visit some friends. I'll let you know the dates when I have sorted them and we can link up for a burn

I'm hunting for a good cheap source of paraffin at the moment. I last paid £13 for 20L up here in Northampton, but I should easily be able to find it cheaper than that.

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
I'll be there! Got a ticket and everything!

I'm not sure about what I'm doing with fuel. When you're camping you really don't want a massive can of parafin lying about. I'll probably keep a store in the car and keep a smaller metal can about for fuelling purposes. Or I might only spin a couple of times.

Wikkamanmember
259 posts

Posted:
Hello All
Only 3 months left now kids. It going to be a stormer I now loads of fire,drum and daki people that are going. I can't wait and I've bought a ticket! Have heard some dubious things though.

The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer-- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.-- Ken Kesey

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
less - 11 weeks!
What dubious things?

Nellmember
2 posts

Posted:
Hi all poi spinners going to Glasto,

Great to hear there are so many of you. Will you all be hanging aroung the stone circle most of the time. I'd love to come and do some spinning with you all. I'm only going to bother with beaming poi though, I'm afraid, as I can't be arsed with parafin etc, always have too much to carry anyway! Hope you've got some cool moves you can show me, I don't know many poi-ists so don't get much of a chance to practice with others, as a result am a little stagnant at the mo,

Look forward to meeting you all for a bit of madness,

Nell

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
Well Nell,

It will be good to see you down there too, I am yet to experience the beaming poi so it will be nice to see them

As for the fire toys I am sure that between us we will have enough that you can have a play.

Not sure as to where I will be based as I will just go where the music suits my mood.

Mark P

.Morph.SILVER Member
addict
669 posts

Posted:
I'm going
Non-Https Image Link
!!

I don't know anyone there to sort anything for the fuel, but a bulk buy is a mighty fine idea.

FireMorphster
:0)~

[ 14 April 2002, 03:04: Message edited by: FireMorphster ]

TwirlyVicnorthern monkey
235 posts

Posted:
will be travelling with glowy stuff so no fuel needed. though i guess i should bring some maybe, in case the mood takes me

vic xx

ex-hop-aholic, now inconsistent lurker...

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
With a bit of luck, I'll be going too.
I might even be ready for lighting my staff for the first time if I get some practise in.

My wrist should be fully healed by then too, so I might even be able to start re-learning the poi moves I used to be able to do.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
Hey guys,
I will not be able to attend this years Glastonbury cos I got a gig on the Saturday and it's gonna be too far to travel. Plus, I was going to be working so I could get in for free - but that fudged up now

It's a big shame I won't get chance to meet you all for a spin round the stone circle.

Will I be a Glasonbury virgin forever?

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
Hi Guys and Gals,

Glad to see a good responce to this post

I am sure that most of us will get to meet sometime during the festival but for those that cant make it we will try and get as many photos as possible

Tempest - shame you cant make it, hopefully you will be able to in the future (do you intend to try and make the international gathering in NZ??)

Anyway this weekend involved another good free party in bristol for me (this time I remembered the wire wool and there was plenty of space to play) played with my staff a little bit more too, still in the process of learning with it but I managed to pull off a few successful throws with it!

Unfortunately no photos though as I didnt have a camera

Anyway happy Spinning people,

Mark P

clairebearmember
52 posts

Posted:
*It's getting nearer, la la la, time for fun fun, la la la la la*

tickets booked, boat booked, lift arranged, Woohoo!!!!!

(sorry am I getting too excitable?!!? Puppyish tendencies abound!!)

But fuel wise, because we're bringing a car/van over then we're going to bring as much fuel as we can. I just have to try and not use it all at once.

I think I've been on this rock too long, when the thought of a week away having fun makes me feel this excited.

Or could it be that I spent a goodly portion of my weekend spinning in the sun, I have sun burnt shoulders and a singed patch of hair.

Be Cautious of who you sniff, they could be an EnemyBig love and fluffy rainbow light in bundles. Bear xxx xxx xxx

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
Hi Claire,

Good to see you are getting excited too

I am currently getting prepared - I have a lot of work to do as I am trying to perfect some more home made toys

Tempest : Sorry to hear that you cant make it this year - we will all have a spin for you and hopefully you will be able to make it soon

Mark P

clairebearmember
52 posts

Posted:
New toys?

Nice!

I suppose that at some point the choice will have to be made on how many toys to take. (not that I have that many)

though we're planning on making some new colourful toys this weekend.

I'm really looking forward to being able to spin with a big group of lovely lovely peeps. I guess it's that wanting to feel part of something large and lovely and fluffy and not feeling so isolated as I can sometimes feel over here.

Sepamember
184 posts

Posted:
Well, me and a whole group of friends are heading Glastonbury way and I will definately be taking my practice poi with me, and may even have acquired some fire poi by then too.... we'll see.

Doesn't sound like it should be too much trouble for anyone to find everyone and join in - a group of spinners will be hard to miss.

Can't wait!

Wikkamanmember
259 posts

Posted:
Has anyone else heard about Glastonbury being sold out? What are we going to do? Lots of our fire crew haven't got tickets yet! Oh calamity~!

Non-Https Image Link

The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer-- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.-- Ken Kesey

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Yep, it's sold out. I had loads of friends who put off buying a ticket, some who wanted to see what bands were playing first!!!

You could always work for your ticket. It's actually quite fun, espically if a group of you do it together

Wikkamanmember
259 posts

Posted:
I worked for my ticket on the really muddy year, it was misery. I might enjoy it now though. By the way nice flyers for the Poi in Park thing.

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Ta! Hopefully see you there?

Wikkamanmember
259 posts

Posted:
If I can get the time off which shouldn't be a problem then I will definately make it down, I have a few fire buddies that i will bring. I have a vague feeling that I may be meant to be doing stuff on the 18th, not sure what though, I could just be having a strange deja vu thing about the poi in the park... Who knows. Whats the deal for after, anything interesting/ exciting happening?

Non-Https Image Link

[ 27 April 2002, 05:46: Message edited by: Wikkaman ]

NoonaBRONZE Member
Cake lover
258 posts

Posted:
Oh noooooo! no tickets left! gutted!
If anyone finds out about any tickets up for sale please drop me an e-mail, litter picking doesn't appeal..

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Heh 2 all glasters folk
I 2 am definately gwan - big boo's and sadness 2 those who havent got tikets yet. I'm actually workin back stage at the theater tent so may have a place 2 store parafin etc..still dont no the full coup so will av 2 keep u posted. As a result of workin we got the run down of the fence situation, and i wouldnt recommend tryin - but heh wheres theres a will theres a busted back!!
Mark P - anuva Bristol fire person. giv i an email if you fancy hookin up4 a burn. are you gwan 2 essential could pos. hook up der
2 all others hope 2 c u all at the pilton party - lookin 4ward

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

Starburstmember
11 posts

Posted:
ARRRGH! BIG HAIRY ARSE! I got offered a free ticket to perform fire poi but it meant performing for a few hours each night and I couldnt guarantee I could stand up by 1am so declined and now THERES NO MORE TICKETS??? How crrrruel life is!!!
I'm going up from Brighton so if anyone spots a ticket and lets me know, I'll trade it for a lift!!!
birdrf@hotmail.com
07855 199787

I have bursts of being a lady...but it doesnt last long

Page: