gooblemember
71 posts

Posted:
Is anyone aware of there existing a world record for fire twirling (ie number of people fire twirling at once)?We propose to make or break this record with the help of tv and an amazing venue.If anyone knows anything, please say so.If you are interested in promoting or helping with a festival to accomplish this feat, then please email us.------------------

DarkFairyQueenmember
557 posts

Posted:
Hey Google

Iz it sheer numbers you're looking 4? I haven't done much fire, but I'm definately interested in helping add 2 the mass I'm sure some friends would be too....

DFQ xxx

Az abouve, So below...

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
My guess is that the international Fire / poi convention /gathering planned in Auckland in February 2003 is going to be quite an amazing one...
Why not join us then ?
Why TV / magazine ? what is this event you are talking about ?

shine on
Cassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
I think next year would be the perfect opportunity for this! There are going to be quite a few twirlers going along to that!

- Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -

s-p-l-a-tmember
383 posts

Posted:
I too think that next year would be a fantastic time for this... there are gonna be *loads* and then *loads* more of excellent people there from all four corners.

*basks contentedly in the idea*

The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.- B.B.King

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
yeah I think it is a great idea to do it at the international gathering,

Does anyone know and more detailed dates as I have to arrange a lot and knowing the date would help a lot

Mark

gooblemember
71 posts

Posted:
A world record is recognised by guiness as being an official record attempt. Unless this gathering next year is being applied for as a record attempt it will not be recognised as one by guiness.
Perhaps if 'everyone' is going to be there then maybe it should be applied for.
Guiness will even pay for people to attend.

We have made enquiries to this effect, in fact have interest by ch 7 to promote it and film it officially. As yet we have not heard back from guiness as to whether there is an official record to break, so why not make one!

the record would be the most number of people fire twirling at the one venue at the same time.

goobalisation not globalisation

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
I admit that I am not a guiness book fan ... not much against it, but not much for it either ...

HOWEVER, if that could help promote / organize the convention, then i'm gonna email our organizing group about that....
But would Ch 7 (australian ?) go to NZ for that ?

Dates ? still not completely decided but ihghly possible to take place first week of february 2003

shine on
Cassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

gooblemember
71 posts

Posted:
OK,I have the paper work
GWR are privvy to the idea, but I need feedback.
Will the crew at the int gathering want to try and pursue this?

Knagimember
397 posts

Posted:
Some how I doubt there's gonna be more the a thousand ppl twirlin fire at the convention at the same time... Unless of course we raise a 7 story effigy then possibly

We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonIt's going to come from a direction you didn't predict at a moment of chaos which you didn't see coming. -- NYC

gooblemember
71 posts

Posted:
Because no record exists, 10 people would even do.
But seriously, it is all about making the attempt, and satisfying the requirements that GWR ask to verify this attempt. If there is going to be plenty of kru at this Gathering, why not give it a go. I had initially had the ide to try it here in Brisbane and base an outdoor festival around it. However this seems to be getting done in NZ. If the organisers are interested, perhaps they should drop me a line. I can't afford the time to chase it up.
Phil
Gooble Warming