Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Houston area gathering of poi/fire workers?

Login/Join to Participate

MayhemBRONZE Member
stick boy!
117 posts

Posted:
Hello all!I am new to poi and twirling. I do staff work and whip chain work and have spun glow sticks, but want to move on to fire twirling and i am wondering if there is a gathering of fire workers that i can learn from in the Houston area. Does anyone get together fairly frequently to share their experience with fire work and/or twirling. I would appreciate any response. This is a great site and i am going to practise the moves i have seen here on this site, but it helps to have someone live to show you how to do this and give constructive criticism on what to do and what NOT to do.Thanks, and hope to hear from y'all soon!

SilverEyesmember
45 posts

Posted:
Here's a Yahoo! EGroup of Houston firefolk:https://groups.yahoo.com/group/GreatBallsOfFire/You may reach some of the same people, but there are others who don't cross-post here.BTW - where do you get your firewhips from? I know about Bearclaw Mfg., but I'm looking to see what other designs are available.[This message has been edited by SilverEyes (edited 21 March 2002).]

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
Hey there mayhem, We actually have a pretty good little community of fire performers here numbering around a score if you got us all together at once. We have two types of gathering - informal ones in a back yard in the Heights, and one that is more public on most Friday nights in Montrose at a club called Heliotrope (formerly the Mausoleum - 411 Westheimer). We will be tehre in limited numbers this Friday, starting at about 10:30pm. Unfortunately, I think our DJ won't be making it out this week, but we'll manage. The list SilverEyes mentioned (GreatBallsOfFire) is the best way to keep up with us, since that is how we keep up with each other. You can also email me directly for more info (henize@intertex.net) -v-

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

MayhemBRONZE Member
stick boy!
117 posts

Posted:
Thank you to all who have replied and i am looking forward to meeting more incendiary folks!