burnfestmember
26 posts

Posted:
Hi all you tassie twirlers. I just got back from queensland where I twirled my first fire staff and poi and like most I'm hooked. Comming home has been rather depressing, no more burnfests for me........ or is there??? just loking for other twirlers around hobart to see, if there is not already, about getting something going once a fornight or whatever, where we can all gather and twirl....I deprately need some fire buddies before the lack of twirlers drives me back to brissy.

The Welcome Mattmember
193 posts

Posted:
Hi and welcome to poi! Your right!! Its so addicting.Welcome to the site as well.If you like, register at the "Meet others" link above and you can search for people in your area...https://www.homeofpoi.com/meetothers.htmAlso, you should head over to the official HoP rollcall and put in all of your information.https://www.homeofpoi.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000963.htmlEnjoy and good luck finding some people.MATT**point** wink------------------I dreamt that I ate a 10 pound marshmellow and then when I woke up, my pillow was gone!

I dreamt that I ate a 10 pound marshmellow and then when I woke up, my pillow was gone!

Bellemember
7 posts

Posted:
ullo' i'm a fellow tassie twirler (recently moved down from brissie) i'm kinda new to the game, i've seen a few fire twirler/dancers down at salamanca on some tuesday nites. i was invited down there by a friend of a friend of a friend,but didn't get there because i was blush scared to go by myself!! scaredy cat- i know, so i've been solo twirling in my backyard... what part of queensland did you go to, burn?

Tigermamember
1 post

Posted:
Hi there "Burnfest" good to see you are looking for some people to twirl with. Learn any new tricks yet??? I have, oooh I love my doubles thanks.

maeonmember
40 posts

Posted:
The T-Funk Allstars might know .... T-funk Allstars rock!https://www.users.bigpond.com/tfunkallstars/

Where in the world is the island I'm on?

gucamolemember
1 post

Posted:
you guys should definitly come down to salamanca.dont be scared we dont bite.its every tuesday after dark on the lawns under the fairy lites.if you dont have your own equipment you can borrow of us.

burnfestmember
26 posts

Posted:
Thanks everyone, i sure will be there, with bells on. I hope to see you too Belle...we all know twirlers are a friendly bunch. We can meet someone where before hand if you like, but that too could be strange. Anyway just send me an email if you want. well I think i might just have to take you up on borrowing ur gear, gucamole, as my doubles and single staff are suck in brissy still ( wouldn't let me take them on the plane ) and boy have I been fretting.. though it has given me a chance to get slightly better at my glowpoi.. the result being many bruises. I'm already excited and what's the bet that it rains. oh and Belle when I was in brissy i twirled down by the river at West End with forty or so other twirlers..it was beautiful..drums, fire, water and the warm still air, it really was magical (Thanks Tigerma, xxoxox) Well Belle and Gucamole and all you other tassie twirlers I hope to see ur burning flames spinning through the air on tuesday... i'll be the one with blue and red poi thumbling along.. no doubt you will here the thuds as the poi donks me on the head before you see my glow. Take care and thanks again. burn bright, Kristy

Bellemember
7 posts

Posted:
burn, i used to live in hoogley street, west end right near the ferry terminal- isn't it the best suburb in the world! smilegucamole, i'm going to visit my mum in darwin for two weeks so i wont be able to come down in the immediate future frown- do you guys still twirl as it gets further into autumn/winter? First tuesday i'm back- i'll be down there, chains and fuel in hand wink good to hear from you all!!love bel

adren@linemember
249 posts

Posted:
i am so glad i found you! does anyone know tara? or Pip? cos i have met both these people and have been invited to go twirling at salamanca a couple of times but everyone down there is really intimidating and im really not that good, but i badly want to learn some new stuff, so i might see you there next tuesday.

burnfestmember
26 posts

Posted:
No, adren@line can't say I know pip or tara. though i have only been down there a couple of times myself......believe me twirlers down at salamanca, really aren't as intimidating as they look. just come down and watch..... no need to twril yet if u are too shy, but I know u won't beable to resist. Hope to see u there, burnfest

adren@linemember
249 posts

Posted:
ta burnfest, ive finally convinced myself to go, c u there!

MSG (aah my stomach lining)member
36 posts

Posted:
hey guys patrick moore here, are you dudes going tomorrow night cos i don't think that i can make it! there's this thing on at "exit left" aqnd it's sort of more inportant.

-----------------------------------

pa pa pa-pa-pa patrick

MSG (aah my stomach lining)member
36 posts

Posted:
ignore that message it was suposed to be a private message!!!!!

-----------------------------------

pa pa pa-pa-pa patrick