Randommember
43 posts

Posted:
I have in idea of how to get some free tickets into Glastonbury how about getting in touch with the organizers offering free poi lessons to all. It is something I've not seen done there and it seems like it would be right up their street, I've seen all kinds of workshops from making Flags to flint arrowhead so its got to be worth a try. Especially if we can get some sort of backing from home of poi it would look so more professional if we got them to forward a letter to glastos organizers all we need is a bit of space in the green fields or somewhere and I would be happy to give lessons by day and watch music by night or even give a show. Well what do you all think? All they can say is no. Who would be interested if we could get this to work?

smoking makes you look cool His Majestys personal Elvis

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Hell Yeah!But I might be going for free anyway as I *might* be playing there (On one of the small band stages, not the main ones) which is nice...

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
you took the thoughts right outta my headI was gonna try and get a proposal 2gether this wkend, or at least some time very soon and send it off 2 them - so if any1 has any ideas/input/photos/videos etc..and can send them 2 my email(or email for my address if its on hard copy) robudda1@yahoo.com then get on the case , and we'll c what happens. Obviuosly gonna have 2 keep numbers limited so 1st cumeth 1st serveth!------------------Love,Peace and HappinessRob

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
Excellent idea!!I'm sure you'd be able to sort it out.. I'm definatly not coming- my man has booked flights to Amsterdam for the week!! Yippee what a birfday prezzie!But go for it!

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

Janglamember
155 posts

Posted:
Would be well up for doing that! A tent and a pitch near the healing fields and poi-construction and twirling lessons galore!If this does go ahead, please drop me an email and I'll be there in a second! smile---------------------------------------"With a bit of luck, his life was ruined; always thinking that just behind some narrow door, in his favourite bars, men in red woolen suits are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know."

---------------------With a bit of luck, his life was ruined; always thinking that just behind some narrow door, in his favourite bars, men in red woolen suits are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know.

Nathdaninjamember
271 posts

Posted:
guys, guys, I've been thinking about doing something like this for ages, we have a house full of ambitious, if not that skillfull twirlers, who would be well up for it. Let us know where your gonna have it if u'r succesfull.

boing...boing...When the naive man admits his naivete, he is no longer naive.Thus, all people are regarded by society as either ignorant or a liar.Wonders never cease, as long as you never cease to wonder.

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
Hi Random and the rest of you guys. I'm not sure how possible this is but if we get the backing of HoP, it will definatley help.Myself and my girlfriend are willing to teach for some of the time and both do staff and doubles and I also do poi.I'm sure I can convince Aerotech to let me bring some samples. Looking forward to spinning round that circle at dawn. grinTEMPEST

Marlboromember
180 posts

Posted:
Top idea, following a windfall the other day I already has my ticket. grin But count me in for teachingI'm planning on going down on the Tuesday, if anyone needs a lift (M6 way) email me as I should have enough space for a couple of peeps.Look forward to spinning with all you guys grinM:-)~[This message has been edited by Marlboro (edited 03 March 2002).]

We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold.

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
Hey Random,any luck?

ellieBRONZE Member
38 posts

Posted:
Am definitely up for it if I can get there. Keep me posted.e*

Firelizmember
4 posts

Posted:
My mates and I have been thinking the very same thing! If any jobs are available doing poi/staff etc, we'd be well up for it! A fire circle at the festival would be wicked fun, please keep me posted!

Randommember
43 posts

Posted:
Well ive sent a nice long letter to the circus fields organiser one Arabella Churchill and now im waiting for a reply. I think if i dont get a reply in a few more days then i will email my preposals to try to speed up the system. i will keep you all posted and have only not added anything as i know nothing yet.------------------"smoking makes you look cool" His Majestys personal Elvis

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
Nice one Random, will be good to spin with all of you whether we teach or not. grinTEMPEST

Randommember
43 posts

Posted:
heres somthing to watch while your waiting for them to get back to mehave fun kids its a blast from the past https://www.madblast.com/oska/humor_pong.swf
------------------"smoking makes you look cool" His Majestys personal Elvis

Randommember
43 posts

Posted:
turn up the volume for it or its not as funny

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Not as funny as what?

Meh

Randommember
43 posts

Posted:
does anyone know what has to be done about insurance at large festivals?

bebhinnmember
18 posts

Posted:
yesyesyesyesyesyes!!!Take meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!Music festivals and poi!!, that would ruuuule!!

...that's not flying, it's falling, with style...

bebhinnmember
18 posts

Posted:
oh, and on a less excited note, anyone got any plans to do anything at witnness in ireland?

...that's not flying, it's falling, with style...

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
Change of plan.. not going to Amsterdam any more. going to Glatas instead (the mans not takin me anywhere anymore - He has already taken me for a ride, a ride of lies - anyway LONG story) I'll be there, next to the stone circle - look for the spinner with red hair.. coma and say Hi!

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
Change of plan.. not going to Amsterdam any more. going to Glatas instead (the mans not takin me anywhere anymore - He has already taken me for a ride, a ride of lies - anyway LONG story) I'll be there, next to the stone circle - look for the spinner with red hair.. come and say Hi!

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Red, sorry to hear that. Men! Can't live with them, can't get rid of spiders without them!Glasters will set you straight. See you there!