Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > London Meet Up - 2nd March - Anti War Demo

Login/Join to Participate

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
On Saturday, 2nd March there's a march organised by the Stop the War Coalition. The basic aim being to show public opposition to continued action in Afghanistan and other countries, as well as opposition to Bush's militaristic ideals and the results of his actions. The thought is this would be a good event to meet up and spin at, seeing how a lot of people here hold pretty similar views.Plan is at meet about 1pm at Hyde Park where they'll be lots of other people (we'll be the ones spinning the poi wink), and sometime after than there's a march to Trafalgar Square.Hopefully the weather is going to be OK, if seasonally a bit chilly. As always, chance of a couple of light showers, so get practising spinning umbrellas!More info at: Stop the War Coalition

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
I'm in, it'll be a ball, I'll try to make some more flags by sat.lets arrange it tomorrow night at the viaduct, can you get a little sign or a poster on the door, so we can let everyone know.

GlåssDIAMOND Member
2,523 posts

Posted:
hiyaTheres now a definate 6 of us going including a couple on big stilts.If you want to meet up with us, we don;t really need an appointment, just look out for the flags and jugglers, we'll play in Hyde park of an hour, then, do the march, then play in trafalgar square.Probably start over the east side of the park, so will try to be somewhere in the big open green area near hyde park corner at 1pm.I really should be working, but this will be fun

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Cool! And stilts! Can I borrow someone's stilts? That'd be fun! I'm just not tall enough already.Anyway, normally gathering point is the bit of the park nearest Marble Arch tube station. Last time you could spot the people going there and just follow them.Weather's looking OK as well!

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
*bump*

GlåssDIAMOND Member
2,523 posts

Posted:
I was gonna say that

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Great minds think alike!But then again, so do stupid ones.

bebhinnmember
18 posts

Posted:
"fools seldom differ"

...that's not flying, it's falling, with style...

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Sorry to say this but I have $100 billion that says you cant change Bush's mind. I dont think that a peace rally no matter how big could change his mind, let alone mine and I know for a fact that I am more apt to change that he is.I do agree that it is time to get out of afganistan and let the local military do the job.

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter." -- Martin Luther King, Jr.Anyway, it was a cool day. The sun even shone a bit! I only took a handful of photos at Trafalgar Square which I've put online here. Thanks to anyone who came, and the random people I met there!Charlie Chaplin, when being investigated by the House Un-American Activities Committee (HUAC), stated that he was a "peace-monger". Great word!

GlåssDIAMOND Member
2,523 posts

Posted:
we had a ball, just mongimg-peaceRay a strongly suspect you aint got 100billion USD, but if you do any chance you could give malcolm a bit to pay for hosting winkThe flagger is liquid Tom who is a boss dude with contact fire staffand the 4 clubs is Petedrew[This message has been edited by glass (edited 05 March 2002).]

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
And the one in orange is Drew (glass)