glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
Before anyone tries to get smart, I will say that I have 1) Searched all the forums.2) Searched the meet others section.3) Mentioned it before with NO replies in unrelated topics.4) I even thought about people replying about Snoopy's friend, so don't start.Was anyone on this board at the last Woodstock? Were any of you spinning at the last Woodstock? Or do any of you know of anyone who spins that was at the last Woodstock?The reason that I ask is because there were two people there who forever changed my life. The first one I saw every night I was there spinning 2 blue sticks at the end of each string. He was DARK tan with a couple of tribal tattoos, and a body like a Calvin Klein model. Y'know, real cut up. He also knew martial arts, because he started busting out some shit behind the tower during the GOD-GIVEN Chemical Brothers set. (That set changed my existence) But anyway, the other guy I met on the center lawn on the way to see the Chem's. My buddy, Fish, and I were on about 30 or so hits, and stopped to chill with a nice couple who invited us into their imaginary house built with 2 foot walls of stacked pizza boxes and an entire set of balloon furniture. (I'm not making this up, it definitely wasn't the weirdest thing we saw that weekend!) We had some glowsticks out, and this party kid comes running up to us from out of nowhere. He was about 5'9" and rather smallish, but still filled out. Had a shaved head, and, I think, he claimed to be from New York. He asked to borrow my shoelaces. I asked him if he was good (enough to make me take them out) to which he replied "Yo, I'm the illest!" and did a full set with the glowsticks alone just to prove it. He looked a lot like (I think it is Jedi White) the guy at the beginning of COL2 who does the poi and staff and has a forward roll that he does with both.The reason I posted this, is because these two guys were my true inspiration to start spinning. I would love someday to be able to meet either one of them, and thank them for unknowingly bringing me into this beautiful world of light! ------------------I feel more like I do now then I did when I got here.PLUR(RE) ---J---

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
*bump*

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

Knagimember
397 posts

Posted:
I had the same experance at Hookaville one of the most massive partys i've ever attened. Met some cool twirlers there. Since Then I've seen all but one of them at other events around the state.. Some out of the state. Just keep going to massive events and raves and I'm sure you'll run in with them again sometime.. ------------------We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonMost Memerable crowd saying "Hey look that dude's gonna set himself on fire again!"

We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonIt's going to come from a direction you didn't predict at a moment of chaos which you didn't see coming. -- NYC

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
However, this does qualify as an event and so is getting moved there... smileCan't help with your answer though, but much luck in your search!------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
*bump*