Page:
PyroSpheremember
6 posts

Posted:
Alright now I am calling out all the players.......who is sending in their footage for the new compilation video competition thing? just wonderring what I am going up against.......come on now people, don't be shy....I need some competition.....hope you all have been practicing hehe.........J.T.

AHHH TRY NOT, DO OR DO NOT BE STRONG YOU MUST---;)YODA(;

Bassmanmember
95 posts

Posted:
I just sent in my video. Airborne Express wouldn't take international packages over the counter because of the "crises" that we are in. I tried to have my company (IBM) send it through their mailroom, but they wanted to have me fill out special paperwork, and get my manager's approval, and then they were going to examine the video before they sent it. I finally was able to send it through USPS without too much pain. Kind of frustrating though. Anyway, my friend edited it for me. He did an awesome editing job, but a lot of my moves didn't make the cut for some reason. I asked him if he could edit them in, but he didn't really want to, so I just sent it in. No wraps, no TTN weaves, no 5beat btb weaves... anyway, it's cool. I'm happy with it smile I think my style comes through pretty well, except that the video kinda makes me look like I have a God complex, which is totally not me, but it's kinda funny smile My friend cut in a short clip of me juggling 5 torches, which although is not really poi, I think it helps to explain who I am as a spinner. There's also some footage of me twirling on my powerskips.

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
yes, my video is on the way too. crappy video, no editing, no tripod, and no music to give me some kind of rythm, but wraps a plenty so enjoy...

anyone got a light?

RavingLunaticmember
286 posts

Posted:
"Should only take up to 7 working days to get from Canada to New Zealand by Air Mail."I think mine took more like 2 and a half weeks, that's from British Columbia.------------------~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
I don't know if it will make it there in time, but I am going to send a video on friday (very-first class)...I twirled fire around two beautiful ladies (did I mention, VERY VERY VERY brave females who have more courage than I) And I got some interesting wrap footage with switching glow sticks and stuff. I know I already sent one two months ago, but we are getting better every day...And you all gotta see this stuff...My personal oppinion is that the "twirling fire around female" thing is highly erotic, especialy when coupled with the "moves for the ladies"...but we'll see. I realy am excited to see the finished product...like can't wait...but will have to.

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
yeah mr. funk. i also sent in glowstick stuff with the switching colors. it looks unbelievable on film doesnt it? cant wait to see youian the next compilation video...

anyone got a light?

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
I've been reading how a few HoPers have been dissappointed with the way their filming has turned out. I too have had a similar experience and will need to reshoot entirely to get anything useable.I'm wondering what is it that we can learn from this as a group?So far some people have commented on location, light, moves etc... Is there any worth in compiling a list of what we've found as a result of our filming? ade

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
i need to be filmed at a party when i am having my most fun with my poi and just plain goofing off. as for lighting and picture angle and all that... i suck so never mind.

anyone got a light?

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Don't film when ill, when scared shitless, when windy. Check angle before filming to make sure it is optimum. For me light isn't an issue....most of my shows are in broad daylight so my challenge is making my fire good and my body movement better. Use a tripod for steadiness......ummm....that is it on my excuses! winkNext!------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

RavingLunaticmember
286 posts

Posted:
I think the very fact of filiming it causes problems for the performance. made me sort of nervous.as for tips.. use a low camera angle, like waist height, don't shoot down on the person.that's about it. I can't wait for the competition.. how long will judging take?

~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
I think when you're on camera you try to be more conservative. Not to screw up. I was planning on putting in some new stuff that i came up with but it's not totally perfected, so i didn't want to screw up in the middle of my shoot. Basically the vid i send in will be more of a representation of my style than my technical skills (ug that sounds cocky). Though there are still some good technical stuff for you hardcores to disect smile------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

RavingLunaticmember
286 posts

Posted:
Yeah me too.I left the really tough stuff out, and concentrated on syncing to the music and not messing up.I don't have any tosses in my tape at all, they are too risky in the dark.------------------~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
i messed up all kinds on my video but i did not care because i was having fun smile

anyone got a light?

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
ICE-CREAM anyone?oh sorry different thread grinLove and Light------------------ ~*~ Katinca ~*~

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
when i was in nz a couple years ago, i sent packages to edmonton and they took just under 2 weeks (12 days?). i also had a friend send a card to me to nz which took 11 days. so count on it taking 2 weeks to be safe.

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
uh oh...eh, i'll pay extra cash for it to get to there in time.------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

Mystaddict
439 posts

Posted:
I'm probably not going to get one in at all, so I'm not too happy. It's all good, I've been a little disattached from everything lately. I'll be ok in a couple of days. Too bad I can't go out and film really quick and send it in.

Its about talent, not make up or costumes.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
DHL express 1-3days worldwide.its not very expensive either...Josh

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Pele ? Myst ?you gotta be kidding me guys ???? no video ? frownShine onCassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

Mystaddict
439 posts

Posted:
Maybe next time. Looking forward to buying the video though.Eric

Its about talent, not make up or costumes.

RavingLunaticmember
286 posts

Posted:
I want the video too.I am waiting to buy it till after the competition is over on the SLIM chance that I actually win the , then I could use the prize money to get it..damn, I don't even know what I would do with all that fire equipment. I'd probably just go crazy, buy everything even remotely cool from the shop, then give it away to my friends, spread the firespinning bug to everyone..------------------~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
ug, i just called the post office... about 30-35 dollars to get it to New Zealand to express, he said about 2-4 days. Gawd damn expensive... Sheesh, I'm going to reshoot again with the extra time i have and put in some hard stuff, this has now suddenly become an investment smile------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

RavingLunaticmember
286 posts

Posted:
Thanks malcom, that's awesome..when will the contest judging be over?------------------~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
I believe the winners will be announced on November 8th.------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
Well ive been a late comer and sent in my entry today ...------------------ - Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -https://wickeffect.cjb.net

- Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -

RavingLunaticmember
286 posts

Posted:
Thanks phunky!I can't wait.. spun fire from sundown till sunup on saturday night, I wish I had some of that on tape.. oh well..I do it for the joy anyway, not for some competition.. but now I find myself so excited to find out the results!------------------~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
Getting closer and closer!

- Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
blah, due to time and money restraints i will not be entering the competition frown------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

MeenikSAPPHIRE Member
enthusiast
272 posts

Posted:
Hmmm. I sent my entry today, too. Courier, no less. I wonder, if it gets there on the 1st instead of the 31st, do I still get in?

"They're interdimensional fractal intelligences. That's why they wear funny shoes."

MeenikSAPPHIRE Member
enthusiast
272 posts

Posted:
Awesome. How long do we have to wait for the compilation? Will you put the winning video up as streaming video, or do you need to save it as the compilation's piece-de-resistonse? (Pardon the french :-)

"They're interdimensional fractal intelligences. That's why they wear funny shoes."

xaedamember
129 posts

Posted:
eeeek I'm so disorganised. Malcom, I'm sending my vid off to you today, it should get to you tomorrow, hopefully! Sorry for sending it so late. x------------------the memories fire, the rhythm falls slow....

the memories fire, the rhythm falls slow....

Page: