Page:
dizzymember
43 posts

Posted:
Hi all!Last year me and some frends put on a small festy (The Big Swith Up) in Great Malvern (Heraford) I was thinking it mite be a good plase to have a gatering and i mite be able to sort out free entry ect!we put on a small show last year well it was more like loads of us dansing round a fire mandaler but it did look sh*t hot !let me know what you think and i'll put it to the others ! This year we are holding it on the w/e 13th of july Take it easy! grinDizz xx

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
A huge uk gathering would be a cool idea.... I'm up for it! grin

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Sounds good, will seriously consider going if I'm about then.Can't wait until the summer when the open air squat party scene takes off once more!

sunbeamSILVER Member
old hand
1,032 posts

Posted:
A very close friend of mine went to the big switch up last year and he said it was great. I'll definitely be there! Keep up the good work and can't wait to meet you all. Please get in touch if there's anything I can do to help.Sunbeam cool------------------Life in the circus ain't easy but the folks on the outside don't know yeah well the tent goes up and the tent goes down and all that they see is the show and the ladies on the horses look so pretty and the lions are looking real mad and some of the clowns are happy and some of the clowns are sad. Welcome to the freakshow.. here we go (Freakshow by Ani di Franco)

"I don't take drugs. I am drugs" - Salvador Dali

sunny

woodymember
99 posts

Posted:
I'm up for it. I have just moved to Northampton and have yet to meet any other twirlers locally :-(------------------Have fun!Woody[This message has been edited by woody (edited 12 January 2002).]

Luv and Lemons.WoodyMrs Jaypher said, 'It's saferIf you've lemons in your head;First to eat, a pound of meat,And then to go at once to bed.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Sound good. Remind me closer to the date.

Meh

Marlboromember
180 posts

Posted:
Derfinitly!! Great idea, consider me there!!M:-)~The days are getting longer and summer's on it's way!!!!!! :-)~

We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold.

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
sounds a wicked idea - I'll be there! (give me plenty of time to practice though.......)

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

dizzymember
43 posts

Posted:
Hi all Good to see so meny pepol are up for it!It's going to be grate to finaly meet you all! It looks like this year is going to be even beter i'll keep you all posted!Sunbeam thanks for the offer will keep you in mind!xIf i can sort out free entry it will probably be in return for a performance of some kind. e-mail me at zziddizz@hotmail.com and i'll put you on the gate list !Take it easy!Dizz xx [This message has been edited by dizzy (edited 13 January 2002).]

Starburstmember
11 posts

Posted:
Hello! Would any of you know where I can find circus skill classes in Brighton? I'm new here and new to Poi (teaching myself at the mo' rather painfully!) Would be great to practice with someone, I want to play at the free partys come summer xxx blush) ------------------I have bursts of being a lady...but it doesnt last long

I have bursts of being a lady...but it doesnt last long

Starburstmember
11 posts

Posted:
Hello! Would any of you know where I can find circus skill classes in Brighton? I'm new here and new to Poi (teaching myself at the mo' rather painfully!) Would be great to practice with someone, I want to play at the free partys come summer xxx blush) ------------------I have bursts of being a lady...but it doesnt last long

I have bursts of being a lady...but it doesnt last long

sunbeamSILVER Member
old hand
1,032 posts

Posted:
Starburst, Not sure about Brighton but if you've got mates in London or could come down for an evening or night in the week, you should come to one of the workshops on Tuesday/Wednesday evening. If not, try the Circus Space in Hoxton (it's part of Central School of Speech and Drama) and I know they do evening courses and summer schools. And if you're ever in London at all on any night (or day!) email me beforehand and we'll meet up. I'm always up for a spin!Sunbeam------------------Life in the circus ain't easy but the folks on the outside don't know yeah well the tent goes up and the tent goes down and all that they see is the show and the ladies on the horses look so pretty and the lions are looking real mad and some of the clowns are happy and some of the clowns are sad. Welcome to the freakshow.. here we go (Freakshow by Ani di Franco)

"I don't take drugs. I am drugs" - Salvador Dali

sunny

Newbornmember
55 posts

Posted:
I've heard that all u need to do is go on the beaches in brighton in the evening and theres loads of like minded ppl who be there for u to learn off!!!------------------www.fire4hire.co.uk - in constructionwww.ampcast.com/djmdma

Beamers Hurt but double Beamers r u insane???Well actually...yes i am!

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
You can count me in for that, it's about time I managed to meet some other twirlers, I always manage to miss the ones around here, they come back for holiday, just as I leave for mine.------------------Bovril - It's liquid cow y'know

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

dizzymember
43 posts

Posted:
ITS ALL GO !!I have spoke to Dan and he's on bord !I can arrange a free pass for the fetaval for any one thats up for puting on a little or not so little show! any one that has any ideas for a format please let me know or we can just wing it on the night! winkSunbeam its good to put a face to the name.Take care for now !Dizz [This message has been edited by dizzy (edited 18 January 2002).]

dizzymember
43 posts

Posted:
Hi all just thort i should bring you all up to speed, I have spoken with Dan and hes ok with me doing this but it all depend on funding. we are despratly trying to find some one or company to back us .As for a show im starting to go of the idear i think if we do some thing structord it will just go wrong and i can't dedicate the time to it! what do you recon? Take care Dizz xx

brewhahamember
3 posts

Posted:
yep!!

life love and unity

robingreenshoesmember
32 posts

Posted:
I'll definitely be there if I can, but I doubt I'll be swinging (get very embarrased about my lack of coordination, still v.basic)See you in the summer winkRob

Drakienmember
49 posts

Posted:
I am *so* there.Pity it's not in the South (hint, hint. although if anyone suggests London, I'll pout, as The Establishment don't seem to like me setting foire to the Queen's grass).See you in July. [image]https://www.homeofpoi.com/ubb/images/icons/smile.gif">------------------[/image]If you love something, fill it with cream.Then set it on fire."

Posh ravers wear ties.

TomSILVER Member
135 posts

Posted:
Erm.. yes!!Just after my birthday too!

Ajaymember
158 posts

Posted:
would it be possible to arrange this to be in a school hol so i can come. im sure there are other school go-ers who would apreciate it.also how about some sort of workshop as was discused about the 2003 international gathering?

One fine day in the middle of the night,
Two dead men got up to fight,
Back to back they faced each other,
Drew there swords and Shot each other.

Randommember
43 posts

Posted:
does anyone want to get a few people together and play with fire in the north east? seems like everything happens to far south for me to get to.

smoking makes you look cool His Majestys personal Elvis

MrConfusedBRONZE Member
addict
529 posts

Posted:
Quite up for a meet if I can find some way of getting there!J

If you're not confused, you're not thinking about things hard enough.

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
oh yeh im deffinately up4 itill be well up4 doing a performanceif i get more concrete plans mught even be up4 co-ordinating the bristol, bath crew in2 doing a joint show 4 those interested in going upplease email me with more details ( direct please as i dont get to check this so often)sounds good ------------------Love,Peace and HappinessRob

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
Yep! that sounds cool, count me in!CheersRD.Mwah!

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
Anyone seen Dizzy?Spoke to him about a month ago but I think he's run off somewhere. He even left his coat at my house - he's probably cold wherever he is. grin

dizzymember
43 posts

Posted:
Hi all smileI will update you all on whats going on soon!I havent been to well over the last couple of months so im realy behind on everything!!speek soon Dizz

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
and as if by magic....Hey dude, glad to hear your still kicking.TEMPEST

dizzymember
43 posts

Posted:
Hi all Hope you are all good ! sorry for leaving it so long, we are still working on the funding side of things but iv got a good fealing about this year !! I nead to put a gate list together so those of you that whant to come pleas e-mail me youre full names and ill get da list sorted!Free pass for spiners/staffers ect....what do you all think about a show?Im more up for winging it!!Liam hello smile how are you ??Give me a bell re glasto I nead youre addreses !! take care dizz xx

KnoxiousGOLD Member
420 posts

Posted:
Just thought I'd drop in that the British Juggling Convention is coming up at the end of March - over the long weekend - down in Kent. I went to the European Juggling Convention ni Rotterdam last summer and have been to the Bristol Juggling Convention a few times. Conventions are great events, not all juggling, lots of contact, staff, poi etc... and lots and lots of really nice smiley, fluffy people! Anyway, that's my pitch, they've generally got fire-pits and show's etc... also a really good place to buy lots of cheap toys. Downside is the £60 and having to supply your own tent, but hey! Fuckit! It's great fun....See you there?------------------I am the God of hellfire and I bring you...

Shakezmember
5 posts

Posted:
Wicked idea but what about us down 'ere in the southwest. I was thinkin' that there is enough of us here to hold some sort of sesh, maybe at a dance festival or something, if anyone is interested shout, or E-mail me and I'll have a ring around to see if its viable blush)If your gonna go, go BURNIN'

Page: