Page: ...
PyroSpheremember
6 posts

Posted:
Alright now I am calling out all the players.......who is sending in their footage for the new compilation video competition thing? just wonderring what I am going up against.......come on now people, don't be shy....I need some competition.....hope you all have been practicing hehe.........J.T.

AHHH TRY NOT, DO OR DO NOT BE STRONG YOU MUST---;)YODA(;

RavingLunaticmember
286 posts

Posted:
doh! there goes my chances of winning! :I've seen your videos! smilejust kidding xaeda, I'm glad your entering, I want to see you spin.

~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

xaedamember
129 posts

Posted:
lol ravin......I wouldn't be so sure about that! I'm out of practice, I was languishing through a cold dunedin winter, sitting inside watching the ice on the windows while all you northern hemisphere peeps were out spinning! My muscles have turned to jelly, so I honestly don't rate my chances that high smile It's annoying though.....I recorded my vid about a month ago, and since then I've learnt so many new moves! arghghgh I don't have access to a camera any more......so they'll have to wait till next time. I'll post them to the moves section when I have time. there's a really funky variation on charles's funky neck thing.....dare I say it may be funkier? ;-) Anyway, I'm off to buy chocolate and neurofen.......good luck to everyone that entered! xaeda

the memories fire, the rhythm falls slow....

xaedamember
129 posts

Posted:
heh, you poi people are verrrry lucky that my legendery-poi-friend was a slackarse and didn't enter shocked I tried, I really did, but he's a slackarse, so what could I do? rolleyes hehehe. lucky, lucky poi people tonguex

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
hmmm - chocolate and neurofen!? can mean only one thing, sister smile

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

RavingLunaticmember
286 posts

Posted:
s'all good xaeda.. you got some dope moves already..I've learned new ones too since then, I wish I could put them on the tape.. oh well, c'est la vie.------------------~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

nomadBRONZE Member
retired
356 posts

Posted:
Code128, Dr Spin and myself finally managed to do a video. It was supposed to go out yesterday, I hope it gets to NZ on time. I was going to submit an entry with my newly built fire wings but they burn out too fast unfortunately. So it'll be plain ole' Poi for me.Looking forward to seeing everyone in there.Nomad

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
Might be a stupid queation, but is there enough videos to complete the compilation video?Or are you going to hold off a little longer under there are more?

- Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Malcolm, I didnt submit an entry this time, because I assumed there would be another compilation coming up after this one.. smileJosh

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
It's all over now, to the victors go the spoils. HAH HAH HAH!!! Show No Mercy Men!We-shall-see young Jediz.***sits on edge of seat waiting for outcome of competition***

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

xaedamember
129 posts

Posted:
My vid should hooooopefully be there by now.....but I have an inherent mistrust of the postal service ;-) Did you get it Malcom?x

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
Hey Phunky boi? whats the deal man?You go on about how shit HOT you are and you can't even get your shit together enough to prove it to the rest of us, and send a damn video.Now come on man pull up those pants. >Ka-pow! grin------------------ ~*~ Katinca ~*~

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
Could always send one in time for the compilation video if need be...Also just wondering Malcolm, is there gonna be some highly commended or runners up? Or just a straight out winner?

RavingLunaticmember
286 posts

Posted:
Sweeet!! I'm so excited..are there going to be runners up or honorable mentions?mostly I just want you to respond to this so you can get your 420 post malcom..*edit* seems you already got it, I swear just before I posted, your count was 419.. you must have just posted somewhere else I guess.4:20! smile------------------~whoosh whoosh whoosh~[This message has been edited by RavingLunatic (edited 02 November 2001).]

~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
I used to have a 4:20 patch on my shorts

RavingLunaticmember
286 posts

Posted:
4:20 rocks eh..I went to a huge 420 party on april 20th, got fried out of my mind.there is a mix on at 4:20 everyday at grooveradio.com as well, I like to listen to it.. pity I have to be working at 420.but anyway, this doesn't relate to the thread, so we should stop talking about it or make a new thread.. oh wait, I guess it does, cuz I was baked when I made my competition video tape! smile

~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
No marijuana, I haven't smoked any officers tonight....Take me drunk, I'm home, NO wait a second, *hiccup* I could drink twelve more of these margaritas *hiccup* and still drive 120 down the highway...and when the cop pulls you over and asks "gee son, your eyes look a little red, have you been drinking?", you probably shouldn't respond with "gee officer *hiccup* your eyes look a little GLAZED *hiccup* have you been eating donuts?"

RavingLunaticmember
286 posts

Posted:
lol..i'll have to remember that one for next time.so when is the contest judging over?when do we get previews?I can hardly contain myself!------------------~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
I think the results will be announced on november 8th...Malcolm,Sorry about us all being so good...NOT! HAH HAH HAH LOL wink I do not envy your job! I'd probably break down and end up splitting up the prize...especialy after watching the female twirlers in action. I got this weak spot, right here *points at heart* for the ladies who twirl stuff.

RavingLunaticmember
286 posts

Posted:
you get a weak spot, watching girls twirl?I get a stiff spot, a bit lower down. smile------------------~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

RavingLunaticmember
286 posts

Posted:
We're sure you'll do a great job..if it's too much trouble, you could always declare us all winners..------------------~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
Still sitting on the edge of my seat! PLEASE MALCOLM!!! Don't keep us waiting!!! Ok Ok I know we got one day left till the results (remain calm, start breathing)...But my arse is starting to hurt from sitting on the edge of my seat...LOL wink

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
Katinca, i've been spinning for about 9 months now. To tell you the truth, you'd be tooting your own horn if after a couple of months of spinning you were considered better than Jo Derry (in those old vids available, he's probably quite a star now). As you know, i was quite cocky when first posting on this board, i had quite an uphill battle with some people and the legitamacy of some moves i was telling people i could do... funny how some of those are just standard stuff now. In the last month or so something happened. I really don't care how people percieve me now. I know what my skill level is and i feel i don't have to prove anything to anybody anymore. I was planning on sending in a vid, just for fun but real life things came up and i just couldn't afford it. It happens, i had to put my priorities straight. It's funny how you egged me on like that, almost taunting me because i didn't send in a vid. Well, whatever. Good luck to all the people who sent in their vid. My money is on an unknown guy/girl who lurks on the board to win the poi competition.------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
Hey Phunky I am glad that you have chilled out a little. My post was not serious more on a sarcastic side. I tend to find it a tad annoying when people come on this site, and say how great they are. Hey even Myst used to be guilty of that . I guess after a while you realise that this site is not about bragging how good you are its about learning other moves and talking about what we all have in common. Which of course is twirling/Spinning.Love and Light------------------ ~*~ Katinca ~*~

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
5:49 PM Nov 8th? Does this server run @ New Zealand time? No pressure wink Maybe it would help to have a few drinks...infact, I think I'll go get some too![This message has been edited by santanatwo (edited 08 November 2001).]

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
hello all, i just wanted to say goodluck to everyone who is waiting for the competition results. i am sure that whover wins, you will be beautiful to watch. i also cant wait to put some faces to all th brilliant poi and staff people that i have read about. once again good luck...

anyone got a light?

xaedamember
129 posts

Posted:
1 hour and 9 minutes to go, malcom shockedtick tick tick tick tick tonguex

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
time check...

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
ooooo weeeee! I is over, congradulations to the winners! I'm sure they deserve it. Now I'm wondering if we are going to get to see the winning videos here, or if we have to wait for the finished tape...?

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
Me thinks it will probably take longer then one evening to watch and judge..

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
derr just read it smilecongrats guys smile

Page: ...