Page: ...
tjoniBRONZE Member
116 posts

Posted:
Calling all firetwirlers drummers and dancers, or anyone wanting to learn the above.We are starting up a weekly gathering in Fitzroy area to share above skills with thoughts to starting up a troup to perform in Melbourne area in 2002. Beginners welcome as we can teach you!Expressions of interest most welcome. Happy New Year!

ubblove **edit August 2004** ubblove

Hello and welcome to any new fire friends visiting this thread! To save you reading through 30 pages of sturf, our weekly gathering is;

ubbloco Wednesday; Gathering at Edinborough Gardens, St Georges Rd, Nth Fitzroy, about 8pm onwards.

There is also a Sunday gathering at St Kilda. Check :St Kilda, Melbourne, Australia, posted by Footbag, for details.

All welcome!- beginners, experienced, spectators, drummers, and anyone else keen to check it out, come say hello! We don't bite but we do burn... wink

XXOO

[ 01. February 2003, 19:15: Message edited by: tjoni ]

I'm out of my mind...but you can leave a message

If you remain calm while all around you is collapsing...possibly you are missing something

Frenzicsnewbie
10 posts

Posted:
very nice flyer... could be in better resolution though, but hard to read the bit at the bottom

mycoBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,084 posts

Posted:
hey frenzics. if you scroll down a bit on the pic of the flyer you should be able to see a link to the high res version. might be a bit easier to read smile

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
looks like i wont get to make it to one of these as soon as i'd hoped.. started a 4day a week job that starts at 7:30am and goes til 5pm

hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

Deamon_LlamaBRONZE Member
78 posts

Posted:
Question: Is this gathering still happening on wednesday nights? also, is the first post accurate. Do we have a map of the location, or directions on how to get there?

---
No statements are true unless they can be proven scientifically.
---

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
hi dancing llama, please refer to the map on the flyer 6 posts further up this page.

Alternatively, here's a higher resolution version.

I'll be there after 9:30pm tonight.

Cheers,
Bill

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

Deamon_LlamaBRONZE Member
78 posts

Posted:
Excellent! Thankyou.

---
No statements are true unless they can be proven scientifically.
---

6,978 posts

Posted:
A *bump* for the confest fire twirlers who want to know about vic fire meets - this meet is still happening!
(it's a bit wet tonight tho!!)

there is a hula hoopin gathering on the same site earlier on wednesday evenings, so keep your eyes peeled - I'll post more info soon!
bill

flickyBRONZE Member
70 posts

Posted:
Just arrived in melbourne from scotland 3 weeks ago .. wednesday night looks amaizing. 2 question for ya all... anyone know where to get bar flare bottles in melbourne? and can anyone teach me how to hula hoop.. i didnt even bring mine with me but i can only manage about 2 spins ... i just look like a nugget xxxx

Frenzicsnewbie
10 posts

Posted:
So are the wednesday night meets in edinburgh gardens happening through winter? i'd love to come more... even though it's cold:P

6,978 posts

Posted:
hi frenzics,
aside from the weekly gathering, there's random fire events happening at edinburgh gardens - there's a concentration of fireness around the brunswick/fitzroy area.
plz tell me when you are headed out for the wednesday meet an i will make sure i'm there also.

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
Frenzics! Didn't realise you were in Melbourne currently smile

If you come out on a wednesday I'll try my darndest to come also smile

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

NathanielEveristSILVER Member
enthusiast
315 posts

Posted:
If you guys are down there on wednesday I'll come down too.

6,978 posts

Posted:
Hai frenzics, when i turn up i am usually am there around 8:30-9PM onwards.

I've drawn a terrible map of where it is on this page:

https://www.spinferno.com/component/option,com_gallery2/Itemid,27/?g2_itemId=1869

it's been a bit cold lately....

--edit cus bonnie's on my case. ubbangel

Frenzicsnewbie
10 posts

Posted:
Awesome! glad they're still on.

Unfortunately i've got exams soon so i won't be able to come down for a few weeks i dont think. Might though.

See you there when i do:)

Frenzicsnewbie
10 posts

Posted:
I'm gonna come down to edinburgh gardens on wednesday the 11th at like 8;30 if anyone else's gonna be there.
coz i'm gonna feel kinda lonely otherwise:P

See you guys there

6,978 posts

Posted:
16 Degrees and mostly cloudy today... cool!

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Yikes, I can't believe I missed this one.

So how did it go?

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

6,978 posts

Posted:
hey bump for brent_b

please lemme know what date you are coming down an i will make an attempt to thaw off for a firey session smile

b

6,978 posts

Posted:
Hi gang, I'll be hangin out after 9pm at the gardens cus i need to drill a few moves and there's too much fragile stuff at home to do it around...

brent_bnewbie
7 posts

Posted:
Hey again bender! I am in Melb 8th-13th of September. I am coming along with a workmate so I have yet to find out the 'dining' details but I will certainly be trying to dine and dash wink
I am not an experienced fire'ery, just tinker here and there and ofcourse love the smell of kero wink

6,978 posts

Posted:
hey brent_b, you'll love oz style twirling. I can help you with good drills/cleaner planes/give feedback on your style if ya like. It depends on whether you play with staff/poi because i'm totally rusty with yo-yo.

NifeliumGOLD Member
journeyman
52 posts

Posted:
parliment station is the closest yes?

ive always wanted an excuss to use those scalators on a regular basis cool

LEAK SPIN

6,978 posts

Posted:
Yeah Parliament is good.
It's Stop #9 (Spring St Stop) on the 112 Tram (West Preston).

Stop 22 (Scotchmer St Stop) on Tram 112 runs by wednesday twirling site all the time.

here is listing of the 112 route.

it's a big park, so gimme a yell if ya wanna coordinate times, places, smells.

ezzBRONZE Member
moo..
1,899 posts

Posted:
coordinate anything but smells with this fellow..i know from experience! rolleyes

hug me!

LovoLord and Master
74 posts

Posted:
Took me ages to find this thread!
Is this still a raging success like I hear? Does it still happen every wednesday? Thinking of coming along this week, with my auntie who's visiting from central america.
What's the turnout usually like?
Hope all is awesome!
Lovo

Under the skin of our lives; somewhere deep and early, forgotten, we all follow the same dreams.
- unknown

TenFingersBradGOLD Member
Smeeeeg Heeeeeed
25 posts

Posted:
Ahh shiny.
I'll be living in Melbourne from the start of '09 and I'll definately be busting ass to get out to this. It'll be a nice short walk... If all goes to plan...

Much Heart.

LovoLord and Master
74 posts

Posted:
i don't know if this is still happening, but the sunday ones are! :-)

Under the skin of our lives; somewhere deep and early, forgotten, we all follow the same dreams.
- unknown

mycoBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,084 posts

Posted:
Hi all, I haven't been to a Wednesday twirling meet for ages, and I'm not 100% sure how they're going now. I've heard word that the meets getting a bit quiet nowadays, but was hoping that a few people were interested in heading down to try to get the ball rolling again.

I'm gonna try to spread the word among friends who have attended in the past to go this Wednesday 18th and hopefully if there's a good turnout it'll encourage more people to keep attending. It's a shame to see such a good night die down. Also since the St Kilda night market will be finishing up soon, it'll be good to have a midweek gathering people can continue on at. I'll probably head there after 9ish. Anyone else keen?

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
ill be heading down this coming wednesday, see if we cant start it up again.. im not promising ill be there regularly.. but once every 4 years is ok wink

hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

6,978 posts

Posted:
Quote:Melbourne Forecast
Issued at 5:00 am EDT on Wednesday 25 February 2009
for the period until midnight EDT Tuesday 3 March 2009.
Forecast for the rest of Wednesday

Scattered light showers this morning, then a mostly sunny afternoon. Winds southwesterly averaging 10 to 20 km/h tending southerly up to 30 km/h during the afternoon.
City Few light morning showers. Max 24

Looks like showers this morning will clear by the arvo smile The twirling happened at the cricket oval toward Queens Pde last week, hopefully we will move it back to the usual locations tonight.

seeya then!

Page: ...