Page: ...
tjoniBRONZE Member
116 posts

Posted:
Calling all firetwirlers drummers and dancers, or anyone wanting to learn the above.We are starting up a weekly gathering in Fitzroy area to share above skills with thoughts to starting up a troup to perform in Melbourne area in 2002. Beginners welcome as we can teach you!Expressions of interest most welcome. Happy New Year!

ubblove **edit August 2004** ubblove

Hello and welcome to any new fire friends visiting this thread! To save you reading through 30 pages of sturf, our weekly gathering is;

ubbloco Wednesday; Gathering at Edinborough Gardens, St Georges Rd, Nth Fitzroy, about 8pm onwards.

There is also a Sunday gathering at St Kilda. Check :St Kilda, Melbourne, Australia, posted by Footbag, for details.

All welcome!- beginners, experienced, spectators, drummers, and anyone else keen to check it out, come say hello! We don't bite but we do burn... wink

XXOO

[ 01. February 2003, 19:15: Message edited by: tjoni ]

I'm out of my mind...but you can leave a message

If you remain calm while all around you is collapsing...possibly you are missing something

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
i'd like to work on my contact doubles - do you trade in lapdances?

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

TumbleHatBRONZE Member
journeyman
50 posts

Posted:
im not teahcing the calsses anymore and im off travelling as of next thursday starting at FRL(are you going to frl?) but im sure chris would love to jam with you!

Why is a raven like a writing desk?

6,978 posts

Posted:
lapdances i say!! lapdances!!

6,978 posts

Posted:
Wednesday gatherings have been shifted closer towards the big round pagoda in the gardens, for those of you who are interested!

6,978 posts

Posted:
tonight is almost a full moon!! woo for wednesday fireness!!!
b

carpe_noxmember
13 posts

Posted:
Hi Guys!
I used to twirl at the "Tree's of Three"(Stkilda) and the etenborough Gardens YEARS ago (Like 2001-2002?) Just wondering if anyone who used to twirl back then, still does? Some of the people I used to twirl with were Willy, Penna, Pete, Harley, Dan, Olga etc. If you are any of these people- or used to twirl with these people- Let me know DDD I miss it- and have some shiny shiny new multi coloured LED Poi i'd like to take for a spin.

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Maybe the way is to go down and have a look! Maybe even some of the new people are kinda nice... wink

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

carpe_noxmember
13 posts

Posted:
You have a valid point!
I might have to come down and have a spin.
How many people head down? Do you get much of a turn out?

6,978 posts

Posted:
 Written by: carpe_nox

Hi Guys!
I used to twirl at the "Tree's of Three"(Stkilda) and the etenborough Gardens YEARS ago (Like 2001-2002?) Just wondering if anyone who used to twirl back then, still does? Some of the people I used to twirl with were Willy, Penna, Pete, Harley, Dan, Olga etc. If you are any of these people- or used to twirl with these people- Let me know DDD I miss it- and have some shiny shiny new multi coloured LED Poi i'd like to take for a spin.

mate, firstly, when the sunday meet happens away from the process st bridge, it's held at three palm trees in QV gardens, melbourne. This is near St Kila rd, but is not is St Kilda. There are St Kilda meets, the primary one is on thursdays at odonnel gardens, and a foreshore meet at the rotary gardens near the sea baths (Amanda doesn't run them any more tho)

There are four major sites used for fire gatherings in Edinburgh gardens since it moved to wednesday nights in 2002, the main site was the 13 trees site. If you attended fire gatherings before 2002, it would have been on friday nights run by concentrate.

wednesday night fire gatherings has been very musical this year, however with the onset of winter today, you can expect the need to keep warm with movement and fire to be greater.
b

carpe_noxmember
13 posts

Posted:
Yeah, I used to attend the Friday night twirls at the 3 palm trees. (a few of the ppl just called them "the tree's of three"- so thats what i know it as). We moved to the edinborough gardens as some unpleasent ppl started to turn up as well (mainly drunks) which don't mix well with twirling.

I basically would like to find another group to twirl with. I don't want to go to classes or anything. I'm a reasonably acomplished twirler- I've been twirling since 2001. I just want to find a group of people, all like minded that I can learn new moves off and have fun with. So, I'm really just looking for a relaxed environment where people just go to twirl. I wasn't even sure if there was twirling in the city any more. Hence my random posts!

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
 Written by: carpe_nox

Hi Guys!

Edinborough gardens are still going smile Come down one wednesday when the weather is clement to show us your shiny multicolour poi! hug

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

orenicoPLATINUM Member
143 posts

Posted:
it's been a lovely autumn.
thank you all for what you are:)

Love, Love, Love...

6,978 posts

Posted:
some friends will be hanving a BBQ tomorrow night. seeyas down at the park, usual time!

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
i just realised that in a few months time, ill be able to come to almost every wednesday night gathering biggrin

bounce hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

6,978 posts

Posted:
Update: gatherings on wednesdays have been happening near the pavilion, away from st georges rd.

Also, there will be rain tonight(!)

b

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Hi Bender, it's been a while.

You mean the pavilion and not the rotunda?

See you all wednesday

cheers smile

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
That was a bit soft.

Hey everyone, Neon Shaolin is in town, and would like to check out Eddy Gardens.

Who’s coming to fire twirling Wednesday night?

WooT

welcome

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

jarleGOLD Member
Lv15 Ranger
1,489 posts

Posted:
Not me frown

I have uni classes early Thursday, as if getting up in the morning wasn't hard enough. Once exams are over I'll be making an appearance though!

Kupo!

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
yeah.. im approaching the busy part of yr 12 now.. but should be able to make it once that's all dealt with.. maybe smile

hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

orenicoPLATINUM Member
143 posts

Posted:
hey melbs,
on the night of november 7th i'll be at the park, got my tickets today
hope to see lots of you there.
so see ya,
oren. beerchug weavesmiley hug ubbrollsmile biggrin heart bounce2 peace grouphug

Love, Love, Love...

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
Shalom hug

Look forward to seeing you again next month Oren! bounce

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

6,978 posts

Posted:
'tis great weather today. tonight will be nice! see u soon, mr O!

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
damn.. cant be there this week, or next week.. but as of thursday next week, im free from school forever biggrin

hug

Frenzicsnewbie
10 posts

Posted:
Hey guys,
I'm new (well to this site not to firetwirling), and i've just found out about the wednesday night meets. I've twirled there a few times, mostly with Malia Walsh when i did classes with her.

I'd love to come one week. It's still happening at the rotunda on wednesday nights?

cheers

6,978 posts

Posted:
hi frenzics,
last week was a little confusing with the french festival taking up lot of the St Georges rd side of the garden, however last wednesday night took place near the tennis courts, within sight of the rotunda.

U can tell Malia that her cheque's in the mail wink
b

Frenzicsnewbie
10 posts

Posted:
haha, I don't do lessons with Malia anymore. I do lessons with Chris Carlos every week though.

Unfortunately i don't have time to come on wednesday untill the 28th, but i reckon i'll be there then. Thanks for the info. I assume it'll be back at the rotunda by then.

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
hey bender, what time are these kicking off now-days? should be able to make it along from wednesday week onwards smile

hug

Frenzicsnewbie
10 posts

Posted:
right, i'm coming to the wednesday meet at edinbrough gardens. It'll be at the rotunda right? at like 8:30 or so?

Should be fun;)

6,978 posts

Posted:
hi guys!
will be dusting off and making changes to this flyer:
https://www.homeofpoi.com/gallery/showpho...=500&page=7

cheers,
b

Melvin000stranger