Page: ...
tjoniBRONZE Member
116 posts

Posted:
Calling all firetwirlers drummers and dancers, or anyone wanting to learn the above.We are starting up a weekly gathering in Fitzroy area to share above skills with thoughts to starting up a troup to perform in Melbourne area in 2002. Beginners welcome as we can teach you!Expressions of interest most welcome. Happy New Year!

ubblove **edit August 2004** ubblove

Hello and welcome to any new fire friends visiting this thread! To save you reading through 30 pages of sturf, our weekly gathering is;

ubbloco Wednesday; Gathering at Edinborough Gardens, St Georges Rd, Nth Fitzroy, about 8pm onwards.

There is also a Sunday gathering at St Kilda. Check :St Kilda, Melbourne, Australia, posted by Footbag, for details.

All welcome!- beginners, experienced, spectators, drummers, and anyone else keen to check it out, come say hello! We don't bite but we do burn... wink

XXOO

[ 01. February 2003, 19:15: Message edited by: tjoni ]

I'm out of my mind...but you can leave a message

If you remain calm while all around you is collapsing...possibly you are missing something

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
I'd have to say more like the bottom left conner of the E in Edinburgh... this doesn't smell as bad but still is down wind from the 't'... we really must leave on that quest for those spice girls... I mean spices...

--------------------------------
I aspire to help my fellow man. As long as he’s not smelly or dirty or something gross.

[ 27 May 2002, 16:44: Message edited by: Arsn ]

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

1,903 posts

Posted:
Are we all still going tonight... I know I am... rain or no rain... hopefully no rain but...

-----------------------------
We all get the spotlight eventually. You can have it when I’m done.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
me going.
bring all your toys

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

1,903 posts

Posted:
Even the one with the pull string???

-----------------------
I’ll bring the marshmallows.

falloutboySILVER Member
remember
433 posts

Posted:
oo yeah, bring that one.. but that one that vibrates.... you can probably leave @ home.

my housemate has a knife wielding santa toy with a pull-string.. and when you pull it he lets out the most chilling evil laugh you've ever heard..... christmas will never be the same

-As angels debate chance and fate-
i was riding through melbourne on a midget giraffe, things were peachy.

Khameleanmember
42 posts

Posted:
I look forward to meeting you all to night, you'd better be there....

Q:Whay do you keep hiting yourself in the head with that hammer?A:Cos, it just feels so good when i stop...

1,903 posts

Posted:
This seems to be a new Friday thing... but what's happening to night... any twirls??? clubs??? parties???

----------------------------------
No harm, no foul.

6,978 posts

Posted:
wot nu friday thing?
from the week's rampage, friday evening at work mental meltdown. posts losing... reality.
iono wot post ur talking aboot.

1,903 posts

Posted:
Bender, Bender... Breath... Just say... yes or no... is anything on tonight???

---------------------------------
It isn’t about winning or losing, it’s about looking good winning OR losing.

battered_ratmember
40 posts

Posted:
Hello everyone and anyone, i've been into all the fire stuff for a little while and was wanting to meet up with some people in the melbourne area, my friend recommended i have a look here for some post on places and times n stuff, but it's all a bit of a haze so if anyone would be so kind as to put up a post of what days people meet and where, i would be humbly appreciative.

The weekend has landed, all that exists now is clubs, drugs, pubs and parties, I got 48 hours off from the world. This could be the best night of my life, I've got 73 quid in my backburner and I'm gonna wax the lot, man.THE MILKY BARS ARE ON ME!!

falloutboySILVER Member
remember
433 posts

Posted:
well, it's all in this thread somewhere.. but i can see how the haze could make it hard to find!
a bunch of folk meet each week in edinburgh gardens on wednesday night @ about 8:00 -> 8:30 onwards.. see map Here! -> oh no false alarm.. HERE it is, or is it here? (hehehe.. link humor )
anyway, it's either near the 't' or the 'E' on that map (pending argument results) and apparently it should smell like musk or cinnamon..
Also, there is a gathering in St Kilda every second saturday night, in the park next to Luna Park (opposit McDonalds).. i'm not sure which saturday is the 'second' one anymore though...
Hope to see ya' there!

--------------------
has anyone seen my sanity?? i swear i left it around here somewhere!

tjoniBRONZE Member
116 posts

Posted:
Hi luvs,
Haven't seen you guys for AGES !!!..but I'm praying for good weather this week so I can get my fix of fumes..lungs are getting thirsty.Hope to catch up soon!!

If you remain calm while all around you is collapsing...possibly you are missing something

1,903 posts

Posted:
Why-o-why don't any of you guys come down no more... I mean, I'm used to doing it alone... but not my twirling... tee hee...

-------------------------------
We all get the spotlight eventually. You can have it when I’m done.

6,978 posts

Posted:
Hey melb lurvlies!
weather stayed mild last nighty. me + the fallout taught some semi crippled peoples the twirly whirlies, but we finished at aboot 11:40 (then Stevil n co decided pub was warmer). got new wrap wraps move! wooty!
here's another blurry pic of Wed@Edinborough (aka the abbreviated form: PIP ) for good measure!

Non-Https Image Link

hurty decided to smack me up too :/.
Might have to buy a proper bongo but those bastards are like AU $250 for a proper goatskin/wood affair. THE CHILDREN!! who's thinking about the children!

tjoniBRONZE Member
116 posts

Posted:
Cool pic Pip! Have to try to catch up sometime and check out rest of them!
Sorry I was a slack ass again last night-got home from work at 8.30 and zonked out.. ...but the pub's sounding like a better option these days. Do you think anyone'd mind if we twirled on the bar?

1,903 posts

Posted:
Always one way to find out... tee hee...

------------------------
You can’t begin to understand what’s behind this face and mind.

Khameleanmember
42 posts

Posted:
Would have comne last night, but had an exam at 9 this morning, stayed up all night studying for it as it is, next shoul dbe there though need a break from all this hard work...

Q:Whay do you keep hiting yourself in the head with that hammer?A:Cos, it just feels so good when i stop...

6,978 posts

Posted:
okay is sat on? i dont care if it isnt, cus i will be! Luna park it is! call me if anyone wants info!

falloutboySILVER Member
remember
433 posts

Posted:
does anyone else have the strange desire to spin fire on the roller coaster at LoOona Park - whilst simultaneously clinging on for dear life ?? or is it just me...?

--------------------
'In a long dress one summer day she said yes'

Kez-Schmezmember
30 posts

Posted:
so is the Edinborough Gardens still going on Wednesday nights??? Went there on Wednesday night... but could not find the fire!

Kez-Schmezmember
30 posts

Posted:
And is there still something in St Kilda on every second Saturday night??? I'm keen as a jelly bean!

6,978 posts

Posted:
dinosaurs

6,978 posts

Posted:
quote:
Fundamentalist Christianity - fascinating. These people actually believe that the bi.., er, the world is 12 thousand years old. Swear to God.

What the..? Based on what? I asked them.

"Well we looked at all the people in the Bible and we added 'em up all the way back to Adam and Eve, their ages - 12 thousand years."

Well how fucking scientific, okay.

I didn't know that you'd gone to so much trouble. That's good.

You believe the world's 12 thousand years old?

"That's right."

Okay I got one word to ask you, a one word question, ready?

"uh huh."

Dinosaurs.

You know the world's 12 thousand years old and dinosaurs existed, they existed in that time, you'd think it would have been mentioned in the fucking Bible at some point.

"And lo Jesus and the disciples walked to Nazareth. But the trail was blocked by a giant brontosaurus... with a splinter in his paw. And O the disciples did run a shriekin': 'What a big fucking lizard, Lord!'

But Jesus was unafraid and he took the splinter from the brontosaurus's paw and the big lizard became his friend.

And Jesus sent him to Scotland where he lived in a loch for O so many years inviting thousands of American tourists to bring their fat fucking families and their fat dollar bills.

And oh Scotland did praise the Lord. Thank you Lord, thank you Lord. Thank you Lord."

Get this, I actually asked one of these guys, OK, Dinosaurs fossils - how does that fit into you scheme of life? Let me sit down and strap in.

He said, "Dinosaur fossils? God put those there to test our faith."

Thank God I'm strapped in right now here man.

I think God put you here to test my faith, Dude.

You believe that?

"uh huh."

Does that trouble anyone here? The idea that God.. might be.. fuckin' with our heads? I have trouble sleeping with that knowledge. Some prankster God running around:

"Hu hu ho. We will see who believes in me now, ha ha."

[mimes God burying fossils]

"I am God, I am a prankster."

"I am killing Me."

after 8:30ish,
who's twirling tonight?
0403 475 068

falloutboySILVER Member
remember
433 posts

Posted:
RAIN RAIN GO AWAY, COME AGAIN ANOTHER DAY*

* another day: not a wednesday or a second saturday please!!
+refunds are not available.

tjoniBRONZE Member
116 posts

Posted:
I wanna twirl but I've gotta do paperwork 2nite ..damn tax dept I think God sent us the tax department to test our faith Bendy ..has anyone been to St Kilda lately on a Sat? Haven't been there (or anywhere) for ages. ok I'm gettin' all smilied out...

1,903 posts

Posted:
Nobody really goes to St Kilda, but last Saturday Bender, Drea, Stevil, and the sexy devil by the name of Arsn, twirled one of the best nights together... the cold doesn't shrink us...

--------------------
Within each of us is the power to change the world; all we have to do is let it out. Of course... some of us should leave it right where it is.

earthdreamermember
116 posts

Posted:
AHHH...melbourne kiddies, there is a benifit for Woomera Protesters arrests, there will be good musak and ska tv footage, i want to see all you fire kids down there, it is cheap, and fun at the Evelyn tonight at 7 pm...
bring a donation to bail us out o jail...tjoni i hope you can make it..
Bill, ahhh, i mean Bender_can you load ya car up full of these punks and bring them down?????/

tjoniBRONZE Member
116 posts

Posted:
YAY! Sounds cool...will try to get a few kiddies down, and myself of course. ..gotta do something aboot this smilie fetish

6,978 posts

Posted:
No! *MORE* smilies only moremore more when the only alternative is smiley withdrawal what about the children?!? think of the CHILDREN!!!

the_fishy_onemember
4 posts

Posted:
hey tjoni and bender and anyone else who can remember me

its Tiny here im going back to school on monday but it means there might be some sort of schedule to life and im looking to twirl like really badly so if any twirls are still on it would be great to be there

im looking to get into a group of performers who do there own music etc. and get a troop happening

love you guys -tiny

is fire is goodly

Page: ...