Page: ......
tjoniBRONZE Member
116 posts

Posted:
Calling all firetwirlers drummers and dancers, or anyone wanting to learn the above.We are starting up a weekly gathering in Fitzroy area to share above skills with thoughts to starting up a troup to perform in Melbourne area in 2002. Beginners welcome as we can teach you!Expressions of interest most welcome. Happy New Year!

ubblove **edit August 2004** ubblove

Hello and welcome to any new fire friends visiting this thread! To save you reading through 30 pages of sturf, our weekly gathering is;

ubbloco Wednesday; Gathering at Edinborough Gardens, St Georges Rd, Nth Fitzroy, about 8pm onwards.

There is also a Sunday gathering at St Kilda. Check :St Kilda, Melbourne, Australia, posted by Footbag, for details.

All welcome!- beginners, experienced, spectators, drummers, and anyone else keen to check it out, come say hello! We don't bite but we do burn... wink

XXOO

[ 01. February 2003, 19:15: Message edited by: tjoni ]

I'm out of my mind...but you can leave a message

If you remain calm while all around you is collapsing...possibly you are missing something

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
wow what a huge wednesday twirl sesh! in the coming weeke i fink it'll be time to start recording rough twirling work for submission into the COL 4 series methinks! ho hum no rest foe the eary

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
wednesday was just ACE! there was such a lovely vibe that night, i really slept well afterwards, and didnt really care about being sleepy at work the next day! HOORAY!

now, despite the rain, we had a few show to sundays spin, i would REALLY like to see more folk there, it's a great oppurtunity to spread the fwirling arts around as many ppl there havent seen fire twirling before and are really interested! YAY!
so, hugz to all, see you soon! xoxoxxox

Currently on the right side up of the world.

AyellayenThe smart-arse who kisses Rouge's
128 posts

Posted:
I probably wont be there on Sunday... school the next day and all... I want to get something started Fridays - I know there's apparently something in the Luna Park gardens but I'll see if I can make it permanent. It'll give everyone who has commitments on mondays and thursdays somewhere to go. Oh - Flynt i sparked up my staff the other night lol !

It's my world - you all just happen to live in it.

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
CONGRATS!!!!!! *bighugz* for your first fireyspin!
i still have virgin wicks on mine, how embarresment! but im too lazy to light up at the moment...... lol, im sure it will be a non event when i do....
*hugz* to all!

128 posts

Posted:
Hey Flynt, how was sunday arvo?

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
well, lets see.
no one turned up
so that was rather dissapointing...
i had some very good excuses from ppl tho

hoping to see some ppl THIS sunday, cmon folks! pleeeeeeeeease!

128 posts

Posted:
Hey what's happening this weekend? Moomba time! I got some friends that are bored and want to come twirling. Also I want to see whether I can stay out all weekend. So what's on?
a)Dancing?
b)Singing?
c)Excessive use of fuel for extremely cool looking effects?
d)All of the above!

"I'll lock in D, Eddie"
"Are you sure about that? Would you like to reconsider?"
"Just lock in the fucking selection prettyboy."

Motorshow on Friday - $20
Firetwirling all weekend - $20
Ending up in a gutter somewhere with a smile on my face - Priceless

Hmmm, can you tell I'm bored? No? Good cos I'm not. I'm thinking about all the time I could be spending studying for my maths test tomorrow - tell me when I'm ever going to need to expand a binomial equation ever again. Methods 3/4 can suck my wick... Oh well, I better get some study done... I don't want to end up doing Basket Weaving out woop woop at Sunshine TAFE or something...

-Alan

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
yeah, so maybe if ppl ever show up to sundays we can get it off and kicking
SHEESH!

i'm seriously peeved at the moment, cmon folks, can we get it together??

For those of you who are unaware. Dom is in Melburp at the moment, tell your friends! We're hoping for a big turn out on weds night, and again on sunday! lets show the boy a good time and treat him to some of that famous melburpian hospitality!!!

xoxoxxox

6,978 posts

Posted:
eek when is moomba?!? man what a stealth festival...

eek again: the sunday spin session is smak-bang during twotribes!!! oh the horror.

[ 05. March 2003, 01:26: Message edited by: bender™ ]

128 posts

Posted:
It's this weekend isn't it ? Crap, I hope it's this weekend... oh well long weekend anyway...

-Alan

tjoniBRONZE Member
116 posts

Posted:
Hi luvs,
Sorry haven't been around for a while. Just readjusting to life-in-the-healthy-lane...yup tjoni's gone all straight on us ...anyroad hope all's well in twirly land and will see you soon luvies!!

I'm out of my mind...but you can leave a message

If you remain calm while all around you is collapsing...possibly you are missing something

128 posts

Posted:
To whom it may concern,

Phil, Jespa and myself will be in alexandra gardens tonight with some friends. My mobile number is 0438507425 if anyone wants to get into contact with me. If you're sending a message start it with HoP or something so I know who you are. Might see you there.

-Alan

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
hey folks!! Moombah is on, and we are going to take full advantage of the friendly vibe.
spinning will henceforth be at that location on sunday night!

for those of you who are unsure: Alexander Gardens, just south of the bridge next to Flinders station. I'll bring the oh so tall Dom with me, so those of you who have missed out on meeting him can come and have a spin. Spread the word folks, be nice and warm too by the looks of it! so i'll see you all there! probably meeting at the end of the bridge just before the path down to the gardens at seven. For those of you who are late, feel free to msg me for a location! xoxoxox escalators!

[ 17. March 2003, 18:22: Message edited by: Flynt ]

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
woohoo! hooray for those who turned up! and silly ppl who didnt, well you have truly missed out this time. I know those who were there have definately benifited from some one on one time with Dom, particularaly Jespa, who can now do Isolations!! awesome guys! it was great to see you goofs by the way, catch you next sunday!??

Fyi to everyone, Next sundays spin will most likely be at the back of luna park, as the area where we normally spin is fenced off and they are doing some landscaping work there. So to avoid the wind and hail, we'll be in the grassy area behind luna park.

Next on the agenda, our beloved french froglette Cassandra will be at spinning this Wednesday night!! this is a ONCE only opportunity folks as she is leaving on thursday and we get her for one night only!!! itd be awesome if we could get a nice big turnout for her, and show her some true melburpian hospitality

cheers!
Flynty

Jespamember
21 posts

Posted:
lolz love the confidence in me flynty... but they still need work...cant keep them going...
meh... i'll get there... kinda hard to practice when if you screw up it lands on the burn though...
anyways... i'll try to make it there on sunday... and i think...THINK Alans going to try to get something friday nights if possible...will keep you posted if anything happens...
weather gods seem to be against us though...

btw give my best wishes to Simon...
and cya sunday hopefully...

Cheers

[ 10. March 2003, 23:15: Message edited by: Jespa ]

I have a deep and painful spiritual problem...I've fallen over and can't reach the vodka...help......please...?!?!

6,978 posts

Posted:
yay, intil we meet again, may the frog be with you!

*cringes at self*

128 posts

Posted:
Bender - ?

Hey, Flynt, can I get the photos of myself and Jespa scanned and sent to me please? We've got a couple of people of school who want to see us in action. My email is ayellayen@hotmail.com

Cheers,

-Alan

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
cha, you can, you will have to wait for me to get them developed tho, so HOLD YER DAMN HORSIES!

ok, next week? is that good for you??

CASSSSSSSSSS Come baccccccccckkkkkkkkkk

128 posts

Posted:
Hmmm, maybe, I'm not sure if I can get there, mum gets cranky if I go out more than twice in a weekend. I'll get Jespa to collect them though.

-Alan

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Just sneaking again to feel the warm tender Melbourne breeze again I MISS YOU GUYS
Thank you for being the gorgeous angel you are Flynt .
Brassmonkey keep dancing
Bender don t you ry and corrupt more souls with your Vegemite... you are a lil devil
, Falloutboy, Tjoni, lovely to meet you, only way way way too short to my liking !!! thank you for the smiles though

shine on, amazing people and thank you for welcoming me so much
Cass

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

BrassMonkeymember
71 posts

Posted:
Cass, thank you for coming and brightening our lives, even if only briefly. Your firedancing is beautiful and unique, and even Melbourne itself warmed up for you (the weather's gone back to being cold and boring now). It's good that you're going to Sydney. Sydney needs you. Good luck in your travels.

Time's fun when you're having flies

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
I miss Cass....

queen of wandsmember
127 posts

Posted:
Hey guys, soz I havent been on here for AGES... I have missed twirling and the wonderful community along with it very much.

I've been going through a lot of yucky stuff at the moment, and I'd really love to just get out there and have a twirl. I havent been able to make the wed nights sessions cos of work commitments... are the sunday sessions still on this week?

If so, I'll be bringing along some brand new poi! My very first fire poi! Yum yum!

Love you long time,
- QOW -

I'm not vegetarian, but currently I'm off my chops!

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
Queenie! were've you been? havent seen you FOR EVER! will be lovely to see you again!!!

Note To All!:

Location for sunday night spins will be luna park as of last week and forever more... LOL, will be making up new flyers to distribute shortly

xoxxoxo luv yas all!

queen of wandsmember
127 posts

Posted:
Heya Flynt, I missed you too! So the back of luna park, but about what time are we all meeting?

I'm not vegetarian, but currently I'm off my chops!

battered_ratmember
40 posts

Posted:
hey QOW, everyone (ie, me, flynt, jesper, erin, siiiiimon) usually all meet around 7, sometimes me and jesper will be there earlier, cause we go straight from rehersal and that sometimes finishes early, but to be sure to be sure, getting there around 7 is the go.

- - - - - - EDIT - - - - -

oh yeah, alan too.

[ 23. March 2003, 12:37: Message edited by: battered_rat ]

The weekend has landed, all that exists now is clubs, drugs, pubs and parties, I got 48 hours off from the world. This could be the best night of my life, I've got 73 quid in my backburner and I'm gonna wax the lot, man.THE MILKY BARS ARE ON ME!!

128 posts

Posted:
I'm so insulted!

Jespamember
21 posts

Posted:
alan... start turning up sundays... and then we'll consider you part of the group...maybe...

I have a deep and painful spiritual problem...I've fallen over and can't reach the vodka...help......please...?!?!

6,978 posts

Posted:
*whispers*
ummm, does he know about the initiation? i've run outta baby oil....

128 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by bender™:
i've run outta baby oil....
Uhh... ok, you can count me out after that post.

[ 27. March 2003, 13:55: Message edited by: Ayellayen ]

Page: ......