Page: ......
tjoniBRONZE Member
116 posts

Posted:
Calling all firetwirlers drummers and dancers, or anyone wanting to learn the above.We are starting up a weekly gathering in Fitzroy area to share above skills with thoughts to starting up a troup to perform in Melbourne area in 2002. Beginners welcome as we can teach you!Expressions of interest most welcome. Happy New Year!

ubblove **edit August 2004** ubblove

Hello and welcome to any new fire friends visiting this thread! To save you reading through 30 pages of sturf, our weekly gathering is;

ubbloco Wednesday; Gathering at Edinborough Gardens, St Georges Rd, Nth Fitzroy, about 8pm onwards.

There is also a Sunday gathering at St Kilda. Check :St Kilda, Melbourne, Australia, posted by Footbag, for details.

All welcome!- beginners, experienced, spectators, drummers, and anyone else keen to check it out, come say hello! We don't bite but we do burn... wink

XXOO

[ 01. February 2003, 19:15: Message edited by: tjoni ]

I'm out of my mind...but you can leave a message

If you remain calm while all around you is collapsing...possibly you are missing something

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
hug

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

BrassMonkeymember
71 posts

Posted:
Hello All,
Just had a nostalgic moment, thought I'd let you all know that I miss you like hell. I've been crap at keeping in touch, if anyone sees cass, let her know that I've been meaning to email her for months now, but wasn't quite sure what to say.

I'm learning lots in London, can't wait to get the bus so we can get outta here though. It's a lovely place, though. Anyway, if anyone remembers me, email me on ivan_smith@ekit.com I've been pretty crap with replying, but I'll try.

Love,
Ivan.

Time's fun when you're having flies

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Hi BM, we miss the meteor man. Glad to hear u have the bus. Have fun beerchug

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

mad monkeyBRONZE Member
25 posts

Posted:
hey y'all!

this is daniel from sweden speaking!
still amazed by the magic in this city, didn't expect people to be THAT friendly...
arrived in melbourne almost a week ago, and after some daysleeping and serious video-watching exercises i'm ready for some serious twirling!

i'll for sure come to luna park tomorrow!
hope i'll see at least a few of you guys there!

AyellayenThe smart-arse who kisses Rouge's
128 posts

Posted:
Flynt, contact Simon and Erin please.

It's my world - you all just happen to live in it.

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
Well, it's official... Valura and I are coming down biggrin.

We'll be landing on the 5th of March in the afternoon, and staying until late friday the 12th.

So we want to meet as many of the new hoppers, as well as those special older ones... you know who you all are... rolleyes ubbangel.

We should be at St. Kilda and "will" be at the gardens on Wednesday... wink

So make sure you all come down... please... hug

And if anybody needs to contact us you should be able to contact us on... tongue0424 034 635 tongue

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
argh! ur kidding! they're the dates ur going to be here! spank NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thats nationals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so there wont be a chance in hell i can go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! eek

well then, ur just going to have tome come down some other time the, arent you!

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
ubblove
We are here yayayayayayaay
*does an excited bum wiggle dance*
common everybody come and play with us at the sunday spin at st kilda... its public holiday on the monday so you have NO excuse!!! ubblol ubbtickled ubblove
Would love to meet you all... ubbrollsmile

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
me not gonna twirl for a few weeks. I can't walk no more!
i feel off a ledge at earthcore and am back on teh the crutches - the callouse has reformed to a noticeably bigger mass around the break site and ima back on the painkillers.
but at least i had a 'cracker' of a time! smile

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

MrConfusedBRONZE Member
addict
529 posts

Posted:
Great to meet a few of you last week, such a lovely twirlplace! Really impressed with the numbers and quality of spinning you guys have got there! Wish I could hang around a bit longer. ubbcrying

J

If you're not confused, you're not thinking about things hard enough.

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
wave and thanks for the spinning lesson Ow. We have been fortunate this season with all the great spinners that have graced Eddy Gardens in their travels. Good luck and tight planes.
Cheers beerchug

6,978 posts

Posted:
seeya mate! be safe and may your travels give you much joy and very little in the way of tropical diseases peace

AyellayenThe smart-arse who kisses Rouge's
128 posts

Posted:
Jespa, Battered Rat (Phil) and myself (Alan) will be in st kilda for the sunday meet this coming weekend (28th). Hope to see some familiar faces and even some unfamiliar ones (altough since you are scary you shall have to introduce yourself!). Hopefully I'll see you down there?
EDITED_BY: Ayellayen (1080109067)

It's my world - you all just happen to live in it.

6,978 posts

Posted:
Hmm seeing as this weekend has both the 'Shroomz' party and the last ever Virus party, methinks there will be alot of firetwirlers burnt out by sunday.
though hope can always prevail.
there's gunna be *excellent* twirlers & performances @ Shrooms tho! eek

ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
I'm glad I looked at the discussion board. I've turned up to the last 2 St Kilda Luna park meets only to not see anyone and then walk home quite disappointed.

I've turned up before, you guys might not remember me. You might remember me as the guy who also played footbag. I haven't been able to come the last couple of months due to a holiday in Brisbane, and work.

I'm really keen to get back into it. Does Frank still twirl? I've gotta get some more tips off him.

I live in St Kilda so it's easy to attend the Sunday things. I will however make the trip to the Edinburgh meet today.

I'll keep my eye on this discussion board from now on.
EDITED_BY: footbag (1080668386)

Geez, I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Hi footbag, like the name. The st kilda meet up can be a bit hit or miss, however there is usually a good crowd at Eddy gardens on wed night, though moist conditions will deter a few of the tourists. Yep, I think frank still twirls, though he hasn't learnt much lately. cheers beerchug

6,978 posts

Posted:
I like yooo!
come fwirl! fwirl!

ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
I enjoyed the twirling meet tonight. I arrived a bit early though (7pm). People didn't start gathering until after 8.
As i've stated in a previous email, it's unlikely that I will be turning up to many Wed meets. Its only about a 10 minute walk to the Sunday meets as opposed to 1 hour by PT for Wednesday.
Hey do any of you guys twirl during the day? (Excluding private practise sessions.) I often work shift whereby I have the morning off or days during the week, and i'd be keen to twirl then. It's gotta be easier to learn from you guys.
Twirling at night seems to be an avenue for showing off your moves/routines. I'm at the stage where I just want to learn more moves and work on those i've got before lighting up and performing routines.

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
Hi footbag hon, sorry I've not replied to your email, things are a bit hectic study wise at the moment

( ubblol at stone btw :P)

Im really not sure what to say about sundays. I would really really like for it to go ahead. I also dont want to be the only one turning up there week in and out as happened last year for a while. I got pretty tired and had plenty of other things to do lately, so spinning became a non essential.

We used to have a regular crowd for sundays (battered rat, jespa, alleyelan etc) who were lovely and showed up often, but they have other priorities now, and i've not seen them in an age.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is, I'm willing to keep showing up, and advertising sundays, and rallying the troops or whatever, if it's going to be worth my while. And by that I mean, no more cold sunday nights spinning by myself for two hours only to go home tired and sad and feeling useless.

If sundays were to continue, it would probably have to start earlier as well, switching to winter timetable of starting at 5pm - 9pm, which gives both daylight and night time spinners some oppurtunity to swap tricks and do fire if wanted...

comments?
suggestions?
cheese?

i accept all forms of constructive critism also (in visa and mastercard form...)

xoxxoxo
Flynt

Currently on the right side up of the world.

6,978 posts

Posted:
Hey for the wreckord I only ever arrive at Sundaze between 8:00-9*00pm and never stay past 11pm.
Twirlers have been arriving at this spot for millenia, and regardless of the time and tide, will still bump into each other alla time.
Drew has been the most consistent shower upper for the last two months though. But he arrives way later.
I'm neeeeeeever healthy during sunday arvos, and am usually far from the city/concrete at that time anyhoos, so evening is my only chance for Sundae fwirlage.
Mr Footbag, with some patience and a lot of light, I can share what little movements i know!

I like yoo!@! peace

pengwinoBRONZE Member
suitable for vegetarians
300 posts

Posted:
yay yay hooray, wave i am coming your way lovely people! biggrin
expect a bombardment of pms from me in the next few days... they will all say "i want to meet you! can i? can i? pleeease?! biggrin biggrin biggrin"
i'll be in Melbourne the last week in April anyway, can't wait! i am just hanging around in the Byron Bay area a couple more weeks then swinging by Sydney first... reeeeally can't wait for Melbourne though (valura laughed at how i said 'melbourne' so am teaching myself to pronounce it properly now.... ubblol)
flynt.. not that it's up to me as i'll only be there once (!) but i think the winter timetable sounds superb. you clever thing kiss
see you all soon(ish). eleanor XXX

animals who are not penguins can only wish they were

6,978 posts

Posted:
melbs is closer to the antartic y'know. wink
besides, we have tiny fairy penguins called... erm 'fairy penguins'
no yetis tho beerchug

Wizz-er-pops
206 posts

Posted:
weird Eleanor i will also be in Melborne at the end of april hoping to meet people for a spin and people have been taking the piss out of my all week for the way that I say it. hope to see you there.

and to everyone else hope that I get to meet lots of other spinners while I am in town. wave

Poi... it's an obsession.

battered_ratmember
40 posts

Posted:
Hey all, just a quick, and very late post, to say that i will be making a all to late return to my beloved spinning on sundays, as i am well into the swing of uni and don't start tilkl 1 on mondays i will be venturing to st. kilda much more often, starting TONIGHT!!!!!
i'm hoping to get down there around 5:30-6, so it'd be kool to see anyone down there, even with this late heads up.
catchall round... Phill

The weekend has landed, all that exists now is clubs, drugs, pubs and parties, I got 48 hours off from the world. This could be the best night of my life, I've got 73 quid in my backburner and I'm gonna wax the lot, man.THE MILKY BARS ARE ON ME!!

pengwinoBRONZE Member
suitable for vegetarians
300 posts

Posted:
biggrin yes yes i will be visiting the penguins in melbourne of course..

will probably see you there then wizz? and the rest of you... sweet.

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
hi all

As of sunday the 11th of April, we'll be switching to the winter timetable for spinning, purely because of the cold and by half past six it's pitch black.

Bender, you and anyone else that turns up later are still more than welcome to do so of course.

Cheers

Flynty

Currently on the right side up of the world.

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
warning! the lil' dragon is on school holidays!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! biggrin

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

ZoltarBRONZE Member
Beginner
282 posts

Posted:
You will need to venture a little further south to see penguins.... the only penguins in Melbourne would be at the zoo.
The "Penguin Parade" is on Phillip Island - about 2 hours south of melbourne.... and about 10 minutes from my house smile

So much fire, so little body hair...

ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
I will be there a bit late on Sunday (20minutes?)I only finish work at 5pm. I should be able to make it to the next 6 or so Sunday meetings. Not that i'm a drawcard, but I will provide someone to twirl with. Be prepared for plenty of move queries though.
Looking forward to it.

pengwinoBRONZE Member
suitable for vegetarians
300 posts

Posted:
yes, philip island, that'll be the place..... wooo, penguins!

um pointless post, nothing to do with melbourne.. erm. not long til i get there anyway, and i just got the funkiest new hairdo ever biggrin rah!

Page: ......