Page: ......
tjoniBRONZE Member
116 posts

Posted:
Calling all firetwirlers drummers and dancers, or anyone wanting to learn the above.We are starting up a weekly gathering in Fitzroy area to share above skills with thoughts to starting up a troup to perform in Melbourne area in 2002. Beginners welcome as we can teach you!Expressions of interest most welcome. Happy New Year!

ubblove **edit August 2004** ubblove

Hello and welcome to any new fire friends visiting this thread! To save you reading through 30 pages of sturf, our weekly gathering is;

ubbloco Wednesday; Gathering at Edinborough Gardens, St Georges Rd, Nth Fitzroy, about 8pm onwards.

There is also a Sunday gathering at St Kilda. Check :St Kilda, Melbourne, Australia, posted by Footbag, for details.

All welcome!- beginners, experienced, spectators, drummers, and anyone else keen to check it out, come say hello! We don't bite but we do burn... wink

XXOO

[ 01. February 2003, 19:15: Message edited by: tjoni ]

I'm out of my mind...but you can leave a message

If you remain calm while all around you is collapsing...possibly you are missing something

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
um, too cold for last nighty nights but if ya guys want, we can organise a spins with yas most nights, cus I alwsya leave my fire gear in my car boot! if ya defnintely coming next wed, give us a yell early on...

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

6,978 posts

Posted:
Edinburgh is back, baby!
"and this time, it's personal!"
FINALLY! some dry, uncolder weather!
Wednesday: max 15, CloudyThurssday: max 16, Partly CloudyFriday: max 16, Partly Cloudy
had a kickass showing at the latest bushdoof, which means that the hippyminded community here are awakening out of the winter slumber.
Wednesday night is definitely on! bring ya toys and PM me if ya want my mobile number justin case ur unsure about the details. Cyas my firey friends!
Phuzzie Wuzzie, Arsn, me are definites!
Starts after 8:00pm!
if ya want a lesson while it's still light, PM me and we'll arrange to get there earlier or something.
The warmer weather begins to thaw the fwirling community!!

falloutboySILVER Member
remember
433 posts

Posted:
aaahh.. dang. Why oh why did i come back to melbourne and leave my fire gear at home.. :\
woe is me.

i can't wait for summer... when it's nice and warm and cuddly and everythings all fuzzy - or am i thinking of smurfs again?

"I AM NOT A RACING RAT!"

-As angels debate chance and fate-
i was riding through melbourne on a midget giraffe, things were peachy.

Rainmember
69 posts

Posted:
So is this starting up again every week or are we awaiting those warm summer nights?

6,978 posts

Posted:
Rain: regular wednesdays will definitely fire up just as soon as the weather does! before then it's irregular wednesdays depending on turd weather or not (all edinburgh gardens fire meety meets are dependent on good weather anyhoos.) Non edinburgh fire meets are more frequent but you'll have to let me know in advance if anyone has the uncontrollable need to twirl - such as that hankering you get when you can't sit still from a circles of light video

Fallout - where you left ya fire gear? hey I just bought 'relentless' on video - it's sooo funny!!

all: your base are belong to us!

6,978 posts

Posted:
<** BRING ON DA FIRE ***>
just before 9pm. WEDnesDAY.
I'll even wear clothes to this one!
at Edinburgh gardens (hey cantus, ima spelling it correctly now!! I deserve a cookie if not a lobotomy ) from about 8:50pm onwards. PM me if ya need my moby number for help with directions

just look for tram stop 11 on Brunswick St, Fitzroy!
[image]https://www.street-directory.com.au/melbourne/melbourne_genmap.cgi?x=2498563&y=4412238.273965&level=5&star=&xyfile=&company=[/image]
woot!

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
no cookie... tram 12, or 112... silly Bender...

---------------
Hey??? Where's Goku???

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

6,978 posts

Posted:
ah crap it's pissing down and the latest forcast is cloudy with rain, a top of 11 deg and a low of 3.
ok, say it with me: brrrrrrr!

6,978 posts

Posted:
to quote anakin skywalker:
"Yippeeeeee!"
braved the weather and she was quite dry and calm!! drummers, firetwilers, dancers and some video camera hijinx were had - Edinburgh gardens happens to be in the kinda park where people wanna strut their funkay thing! everyone was sooo lovely, I was given my first devil stick set by the sweetest crew! I feel immensly lucky to be part of such a caring culture! fire people are progressively making it harder for me to be fazed by life's petty problems
next wednesday gunna rawk!
is anyone up for the weekend @ st Kilda? it's gunna be 14 and dry all weekend!!
meep!

tjoniBRONZE Member
116 posts

Posted:
Hello fellow fire friends!! I missed you all sooooooo much,..and twirling too of course, after all this dreadful weather!! Can't wait for fire - Fingers and toes crossed for good weather next week!! Hopefully see you soon.XXXX

I'm out of my mind...but you can leave a message

If you remain calm while all around you is collapsing...possibly you are missing something

6,978 posts

Posted:
yaaay! sistah tjoni is fwirling too! 9pm is the pyro'clock, as ye gods have commanded it! (barring for torrential rains, o'course!)
(someone in my website guestbook likes your work, o fwirler of flames!)
hope to see all there, whoever you are reading this (and if your feet aren't planted on aussie soil. then get a plane ticket NOW ..please ^_^)
/tries to contain himself ..dismally...

6,978 posts

Posted:
BUMP!
9pm@Edinburgh.gardens.com/tonight!
it's gonna be another mild night of twirlage! me bring firewater for all!

JeStErSILVER Member
enthusiast
214 posts

Posted:
Hi all, just wondering if any 1 is going down to the edi gardens tonight for a twirl?

Trying to play the Akashic records,
but my turntables not compatible.

6,978 posts

Posted:
how about tonight?

falloutboySILVER Member
remember
433 posts

Posted:
dang. i woulda been up for a spin last night - always a day late.
anywho, with spring here, and the weather warming up hopefully melb. twirlers will start to come out of hibernation and we can all enjoy many nights of firey goodness
and they all lived happily ever after. the start.

-As angels debate chance and fate-
i was riding through melbourne on a midget giraffe, things were peachy.

6,978 posts

Posted:
yay mon - I have to show ya ma new firetoys n trixz! they be painful n thing.
::mysterious warcraft music plays::
my next meal is brunch.

battered_ratmember
40 posts

Posted:
Since it seems melbourne is goin to be treated with some lovely weather over the weekend, i was wondering if anyone was up for a spin on satdy night?

The weekend has landed, all that exists now is clubs, drugs, pubs and parties, I got 48 hours off from the world. This could be the best night of my life, I've got 73 quid in my backburner and I'm gonna wax the lot, man.THE MILKY BARS ARE ON ME!!

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Yo, battered_rat, where and when? I’ll be in melb over the w/e and I’ve just gotta check out Bender’s new fire stuff .

Now, for a shameless attempt at humour. Is a battered_rat anything like a dagwood dog hot (dog in batter)? yum

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

battered_ratmember
40 posts

Posted:
Well anywhere really that i can get to by train or some form of public transport, and any time it's dark, seeming it's gonna be warm maybe somewhere like st. kilda, eddi gardens is pretty easy to get to, if anyone can think of a spot which is good on satdy nights then speak up.
And to reply to your "joke", nah, i got the idea for the name from an ad for mambo (what else?)

The weekend has landed, all that exists now is clubs, drugs, pubs and parties, I got 48 hours off from the world. This could be the best night of my life, I've got 73 quid in my backburner and I'm gonna wax the lot, man.THE MILKY BARS ARE ON ME!!

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Hi battered rat, not many bite's. There must be lot of other stuff on this w/e. If I thought there was a regular meet-up on, like the st kilda one, then I would say go there. But if not, what about eddy gardens rotunda (st george's rd) dunno, 8'ish. Will chk tomorrow (sat). K

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

battered_ratmember
40 posts

Posted:
might just give it a miss tonight unless there is a major flood of people puttin up posts saying they wanna meet up, oh well, next week perhaps *sigh*

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Ditto, next week then

battered_ratmember
40 posts

Posted:
HOLIDAYS!!!!! about bloody time, just droppin in to check whether Eddinborough gardens is on for this wednesday, assuming it's gonna be noice weather.

6,978 posts

Posted:
i have a lecture that night n won't be available until after 8:30pm, although the weather looks like a high of 17 and PM showers. i eat food.

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
weather not looking so great anymore, verrrrry windy out today...

Currently on the right side up of the world.

6,978 posts

Posted:
yay i did get to meet some bums though...

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
really? where they still attached to their owners??

anything going down this weekend??

Currently on the right side up of the world.

OdinBRONZE Member
21 posts

Posted:
Hello All!

Just saying hi as a newbie twirler in melburp who's just found HOP recently. Been hearing about the Edinb garden sessions quite alot & am excited about going to the next one. Hope the bad weekend weather would've blown away by wed!

At the windowsill ...

6,978 posts

Posted:
dude, the only thing that can blow away bad melbourne weather is me after a curry vindaloo, but you don';t want to know that... as the weather gets confirmed for wednesday, I'll sms ya for the time to meet at edinburgh gardens - do your lectures finsih before sunset on wednesday? or people reading this, we just had spring equinox down here at the crotch end of the globe, and so it's twilight by 6-bloody-30 pm.
could be worse tho, i coudl still be mispelling endinburgh gardens (thanks cantus!)

OdinBRONZE Member
21 posts

Posted:
Wait till daylight savings comes and we'll be eating dinner at 10 pm! My stomach works by the light, not by the clock.

At the windowsill ...

Page: ......