Page: ......
tjoniBRONZE Member
116 posts

Posted:
Calling all firetwirlers drummers and dancers, or anyone wanting to learn the above.We are starting up a weekly gathering in Fitzroy area to share above skills with thoughts to starting up a troup to perform in Melbourne area in 2002. Beginners welcome as we can teach you!Expressions of interest most welcome. Happy New Year!

ubblove **edit August 2004** ubblove

Hello and welcome to any new fire friends visiting this thread! To save you reading through 30 pages of sturf, our weekly gathering is;

ubbloco Wednesday; Gathering at Edinborough Gardens, St Georges Rd, Nth Fitzroy, about 8pm onwards.

There is also a Sunday gathering at St Kilda. Check :St Kilda, Melbourne, Australia, posted by Footbag, for details.

All welcome!- beginners, experienced, spectators, drummers, and anyone else keen to check it out, come say hello! We don't bite but we do burn... wink

XXOO

[ 01. February 2003, 19:15: Message edited by: tjoni ]

I'm out of my mind...but you can leave a message

If you remain calm while all around you is collapsing...possibly you are missing something

Distorted Silencemember
217 posts

Posted:
Horray!!! drums~~!!!

Hehehehhehehehhehehehhehehehehehhehehehehe i just want the rain to stop

knowing my luck, its just my suburb that is still raining... thats dingley for ya

You've got to move fast to beat the Devil - Your arm's too short to box with God.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
omg this thread has given me massiv gelati cravings. mmm white gelati... sono piaco gli gelati!

Hey life of Brian, Josie sez 'it can only mean trouble when Brian and Bender get up to twirling' so i can imagine how enthusiastic you were at classes!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

OdinBRONZE Member
21 posts

Posted:
Damn, didn't know i was that hysterical during classes. But hey, that was a time when i was absolutely obssessed with poi & did it for like hours everyday.

I am still amazed at how we braved the cold last night. Getting a little too carried away with the djembe bashing helped though ... and people started going boogie woogie ... haha!

See you guys next Wed!!!

At the windowsill ...

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
i cant believe you guys think its cold! im running around with a tshirt on weds night, thinkin about how wonderful n fresh it was.....
SHEESH! no stamina!!

on a non-bagging note, im trying to organise a second practice/meet up session and so far, its looking like a sunday arvo?

Now, Bender informs me he has his groovy capiero (sp?) classes at 2 at st kilda... So im thinking if we make it about FOUR? and probably somewhere a little easier to get to for us public transport southerners. I have a friend down in frankston who wants to come but cant, because she's always working weeknights.....

So, suggestions? comments? yay nays? input apprectiated ` THANKS!

oh, btw, drumming was awesome weds night, thankyou Odin! xoxoxo

Currently on the right side up of the world.

falloutboySILVER Member
remember
433 posts

Posted:
i say yay but my horse says nay..

i smell a conundrum.

-As angels debate chance and fate-
i was riding through melbourne on a midget giraffe, things were peachy.

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
my my...... so helpful!

`

thats not a conundrum you can smell falloutboy, its your horse.....

Distorted Silencemember
217 posts

Posted:
Argh I wouldnt mind, but my lovely surburb consists of no station and buses that dont run on sundays.... hiss growl

You've got to move fast to beat the Devil - Your arm's too short to box with God.

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
wellll what day is good for you? see, this is the point of me posting here, i would love to find out when people are available! i have no qualms at going to practice four FIVE times a week, but i dont wanna be the only one going, and it would be nice if others wanted a second practice too...

Distorted Silencemember
217 posts

Posted:
Hrrm, well for the next three weeks im all screwed. Tomorrow im in the city most of the day and then having dinner with the folks after that... after all my exams all days are good for me except some saturdays and all sundays.... that is until i move near a station

6,978 posts

Posted:
Okay, the promotional flyer for Wednesdays is up:

Non-Https Image Link

Ima gunna print a stack of these for everyone to distribute!
Hooray for fire in Melbourne!

Distorted Silencemember
217 posts

Posted:
Thats a great idea bender! hooray!
I constantly meet people who want to go twirling and then have to explain to them the long perilous journey of how to get there and hiss growl etc...

falloutboySILVER Member
remember
433 posts

Posted:
very very nice work bender©®™ (i donna needa no law suit! - sung to the ghostbusters tune ) !!

print thee some copies, and Behold, as a wild ass in the desert, go I forth to my work.

(haha... too many dvd;s and not enough food makes falloutboy go craxy) : 0

OdinBRONZE Member
21 posts

Posted:
That's a fantas tic flyer, bender!

I am probably alright any day for twirling, except thursday nights where i'm taking Samba drumming lessons at Lamberti's. I am pick up people who live in a suburb near Sth Yarra.

At the windowsill ...

6,978 posts

Posted:
Distorted - yipee, now we all have something tangible people can take away that will remind them of wednesday nights and Elvis! woot!

Falloutboy - Awesome idea! You shall know our ways as if born to them! ya too kind, man. Just a lil' coordinated effort from a few people can see this wednesday night become a big highlight for the week for alotta people - fwirlers nor not!

Odin - You drummalot? I have to hear one day, man!

If anyone needs the template for this flyer to adapt for their own fire night anywhere, please don't hesitate to not hesitate to get it off me with no hesi- ..you get the point.
:runs in circles to expend excess energy:

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
ooOOooOOOoo AaaaAAaaAaah. Me likes it!

Well Done Bender, thats awesome! (she says again)
urrrrrrrrr if you havent printed them, do you want to change the time to 8:30? erin and i are always there by then... if you have, never mind! hehehe, *hugz*

do you think we could leave some at juggleart??? they seem to be pretty accomodating there, with leaflets and stuff. I guess we just gotta make sure we are super safety concious when teaching people, and when doing fire ourselves.....

Falloutboy! Erin, simon and I are juggling freaks now! Last night we were practising outside, one doing staff, one juggling and one poi, in rotation for about two hours! EEK!

errrrrr, one question, do you have any hints/suggestions on ball construction? i have the pellets and such to make the glow balls, but am a bit unsure as to how to get it so i can get the Leds back out! Juggleart no longer sell the clear covered balls, due to the pellets inside biodegrading...... however me was given some for free! YAY juggleart YAY!

OdinBRONZE Member
21 posts

Posted:
Flynt's joviality is absolutely infectious! I now feel like rushing out of my little apartment to do more spinning.

At the windowsill ...

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
do it do it do it!

why are you inside on such a miserable rainy day like this anyways? urm...... is the sun shining? i cant actually see from my desk.....

*pines badly for being outside wiv toys...*

6,978 posts

Posted:
heh last night was the lygon st festival - The State Emergency Service doodz frowned at the prospect of fire + children so bleh.
I feel like extra fire thie week too! :pants:

Distorted Silencemember
217 posts

Posted:
OMG OMG OMG!!!!! CAN YOU SEE THE BLUE SJY AND SUN OUTSIDE!!!! I SO WANT TO GO TWIRLING TONITE!!! IT CRAVES MORE THAN ANOTHER CIGGY!!!

I'm so not in the mood for studying, i need to twirl! ITS WARM OUTSIDE!

Flynt, Bender, Falloutboy, etc, What do you think? Monday night, warm weather, beautiful day.......

please??

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
yeah, im up for it!!!! i need some more practice anyways...... anyone else????

Distorted Silencemember
217 posts

Posted:
Okay,.. thats one... one which means two maybe three, which means maybe four, maybe...

Anyway, COME ON MELBOURNITES! JOIN THE FIRE REVOLUTION! Viva Le Fire!
or something!

falloutboySILVER Member
remember
433 posts

Posted:
hmmm.. maybe..

the voices are telling me i should stay home and study.. but they're the ones who told me i could fly that time, and we all know how that turned out

where/when ?

6,978 posts

Posted:
i have a class tonight at Chapel st, Prahran that ends at just after 7pm-ish. from there i can drive to NewZealand and back if need be. I just wanna burn some stuff up

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
falloutboy, im assuming olga means at edinburger gardens, i also assume probably eight oclockity, because it will take me that long to get home, get gear, and get out there again......

and you know you want to come, just to see olga's freshly peirced nose! YES YOU DO! hehehe

Distorted Silencemember
217 posts

Posted:
Pity it didnt get pierced, eh?

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
slack wench!

Alroighties!
who's up for wednesday night foodies this week?

any takers???

Distorted Silencemember
217 posts

Posted:
i got woke up by a reaccuring nightmare... its was so common that it's not that scary anymore. In my sleep I can predict what the bad thing is gunna do, cause they do it every time so in dream talk i tell em to "get fucked" before waking up. That beyond the point. It is like ten to eight in the morning and im on holidays. I shouldnt be awake for another 4 hours at least.

Back to the post... WAAAAAH EXAM REVISION I WANNA GOOOO

But school is such a poo teeth right now.

15th of november is when im completely free. (and when my lip gets pierced) we must organise something BIG round then.

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
HOORAY! melbourne has its own PiP! (picnic in the park! hehehe)

Tonights vittles shall be picnic food, i shall do the providing, and fresh frooties for desert, so get your butts to Edinburgular early, (at 7ish) and ye shall be fed! if you want to anyways

falloutboy will be bringing along his frisbee, cmon cmon, you know you wanna come and play frisbee!

Hope to see some of you procrastinators early (olga, brass monkey, HINT HINT) and everyone else who wants to come of course!

*hugz*

queen of wandsmember
127 posts

Posted:
I shall be there, never been to a meetup before so be nice n gentle okay?!

If you see a redhead chick walking around with a notepad scribbling furiously it could be me so come up n say hello. I don't bite. Much.

I'm not vegetarian, but currently I'm off my chops!

Distorted Silencemember
217 posts

Posted:
Awwww I missed out on meeting the new girl... AWWWWWWW

I would have enlightened you with the glory of Errol, if I knew...

Stupid exams!!! GO AWAY.

Page: ......