Page: ......
tjoniBRONZE Member
116 posts

Posted:
Calling all firetwirlers drummers and dancers, or anyone wanting to learn the above.We are starting up a weekly gathering in Fitzroy area to share above skills with thoughts to starting up a troup to perform in Melbourne area in 2002. Beginners welcome as we can teach you!Expressions of interest most welcome. Happy New Year!

ubblove **edit August 2004** ubblove

Hello and welcome to any new fire friends visiting this thread! To save you reading through 30 pages of sturf, our weekly gathering is;

ubbloco Wednesday; Gathering at Edinborough Gardens, St Georges Rd, Nth Fitzroy, about 8pm onwards.

There is also a Sunday gathering at St Kilda. Check :St Kilda, Melbourne, Australia, posted by Footbag, for details.

All welcome!- beginners, experienced, spectators, drummers, and anyone else keen to check it out, come say hello! We don't bite but we do burn... wink

XXOO

[ 01. February 2003, 19:15: Message edited by: tjoni ]

I'm out of my mind...but you can leave a message

If you remain calm while all around you is collapsing...possibly you are missing something

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
meow - i hope your firey search was fruitful!
remember there's wednesday nights that realistically start at about 8:30pm and peak from at about 9:30pm! I'll put these times up on a flyer at juggleart, as someone's gone and taken off the flyer I'd put so much work into frown so it explains why peeps have stopped contacting me about Wednesday nights!!! a bit mean, but eh

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
bump biggrin

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
Sorry I wasn't there last Sunday. I will be attending this week.
Flynt, is the English guy staying with you (sorry, i've forgotten his name) coming this weekend?
I hope to film some of his body roll staff tricks.

See you all there.

Geez, I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Congratulation to Kerri and her fire troopers. sunny

It was great to see you made the front page of the Herald/Sun on Tuesday. There was also a wicked centre page spread with the whole troop. Great pics, great stuff. Unfortunately, I haven't found any pics at the Herald/Sun site. Hi Mel smile

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
Which troupe? More info????

smile

Josh

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Kerri is from the Fireworks Dance Company smile

6,978 posts

Posted:
if anyone is desparate, i can anger the gods of copyright™
and scans youse a copy. My morals are bodgy: I'll not post some else's newspaper article, but will privately send youse a scan. Kerri's got a nice costume. >>insert misinterpreation of last statement here<<

6,978 posts

Posted:
ima send down a video camera this week, sos i cans sends footage to send on CD! hooray for cold-weather fire! peace

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
bump for SphereSpinner...

Currently on the right side up of the world.

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
What gives?

Has anyone been going theses last few weeks or are you all going down the pub???

confused

6,978 posts

Posted:
as me am my witness, i will dance with fire as the time-piece on your wrist speaketh 9:30 am on the Wedness of your days.

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Wow, is that like a firedial?

cheers

CU Wednesday smile

6,978 posts

Posted:
Melb weather wednesday:
Partly Cloudy
High 14
Low 7
possibility of more cowbell.
woop!

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
I'm thinking of heading to Edinburgh on wednesday 21st. Anyone else going? I need teaching, pretty please biggrin

&#2384;

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

spherespinnermember
38 posts

Posted:
Kewl... be seeing some of ya's on Wednesday (tomorrow?!) then..... whilst be there around 9-9.30pm.... biggrin

Am exceedingly happy to teach any beginner peps too that wish to learn more of this fiery art... smile

Hope it ain't raining.. otherwise will cya there..
.. and yes Stone.. am off to the Jugglejam...

Anyone who sees a curly haired chicky they ain't seen before... feel free to come up and say "hello".. cos thats me !! rolleyes

byeeeeeee!!!!
hug Jo weavesmiley juggle

smile
Start chasing dreams.... one day u may catch them..

6,978 posts

Posted:
yum yum, should be fun fun! :bursts:

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
YAY! last night was lovely, even tho I couldnt feel my toes... :rolleyes:

Nice to meet the newbies, and hopefully it wont be raining next week! *hugz*

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Sorry guys, didn’t make it last night.

I was really looking forward to some fire spinning, but someone on a moby smashed into the back of my car while it was parked out side a friends place. We were juggling out the back with some new toys, when we heard this gigantic boom of shattering glass. So we raced around the front. My car, a rather solid old ford XF sedan, was pushed 4 metres up a incline, in park with the hand brake on, by a Pulsar. Anyhow, they have full insurance and I limped home.

Next week, I hope smile

6,978 posts

Posted:
wow frank glad you're physically unhurt!!!
i don't use the term 'newbie' anymore, but i love to say that meeting new faces is killah. (none of it was fillah)

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
Was lovely to meet some of you last night, and Bender....Jesus H. Christ, you ROCK with the doubles!
Thankyou Flynt for taking the time to show me some of the basics. Woof! I will try and be less new by next wednesday, provided it doesn't rain.

Will come along next wednesday for sure, provided it doesn't rain! Less chillly weather would be nice, but that can't be helped.

&#2384;

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
I will make the trip Wednesday week. Looking forward to actually meeting up with other twirlers. (Unlike that St Kilda thing)

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
"newbie" as in folks that havent been to edinburp before, rather than new to spinning.

*goes off to hide now*

6,978 posts

Posted:
yeh, thing is, i never really liked the term newbie for that or anything else really. sorry it has nowhere enough reverence. It implies self importance. juggle

6,978 posts

Posted:
Tonniiiight! let's set fire to the raaaain!

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
i thought i might have been able to make an appearance last wednesday...but alas, no.
i have a student free day coming up in a few mondays time, so there is a possibility that that sunday before might be a go-er...or are sundays still a bit dead?

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

tjoniBRONZE Member
116 posts

Posted:
Helloooo me darlin's!! How's everyone?Feel like a bit of a foreigner these days as haven't had access to the net for a while.Can't wait for the rain to subside so I can come play with you llurvly peoples again! Bender, we soooo need another market day, soooon!!! I'm out of town for a bit but will sms soon. Hija Stone, just found out last night we have a connection in the form of lovely Chrissie!What a spin!..so to speak. Well outside is pouring and I'm not thinking any fuels gonna be burning for a wee while so I'll hibernate for a bit until it dries up.Big luvs and hugs to all I haven't seen for ages!! ubblove

If you remain calm while all around you is collapsing...possibly you are missing something

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
So Bender, now I know why the sky was a reddish colour last Wednesday night wink I usually drop bye about 9ish, following juggling with a friend, but I didn’t even bother last week, as it was teeming out in the burbs. The BOM Four Day Forecast for Melbourne has clearing showers for Wednesday, with a 50% probability of rain (0.0mm??). Fingers crossed for this week.

Hi tjoni, good to see you back on line. lol smile yes it’s a small world, and a “spin out” all right . Suspect my house mates think I’m a bit crazy for practicing in the backyard at all hours smile

tjoniBRONZE Member
116 posts

Posted:
Hija Stone,perhaps, but I think they maybe a little more apprehensive if you practised inside!!look forward to catching up!
Hey Bendy, just checked out your EC thread, and I must say I'm gettin' a wee bit frivolous and feeling like a bit of a paarrty rather soon...,I might just have to come out of my shell and see what all the fuss is about!
Flynt hon, toooo long babe, hope to see you real soon!! Still out woop woop, but next week I'll be in town, so fingers crossed the weather will be simply lurrrvvvly then, as I haven't smelt the sweet scent of fuelage for so long my eyes are watering in anticipation .... weavesmiley

6,978 posts

Posted:
omg it's wednesday!!!
time to rejuvinate the self with the flameage!!!

ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
I'm able to come tonight and next Wednesday. Yippee. Hey Bender, I'll bring the video camera tonight and play around some lenses.

Page: ......