Page: ......
tjoniBRONZE Member
116 posts

Posted:
Calling all firetwirlers drummers and dancers, or anyone wanting to learn the above.We are starting up a weekly gathering in Fitzroy area to share above skills with thoughts to starting up a troup to perform in Melbourne area in 2002. Beginners welcome as we can teach you!Expressions of interest most welcome. Happy New Year!

ubblove **edit August 2004** ubblove

Hello and welcome to any new fire friends visiting this thread! To save you reading through 30 pages of sturf, our weekly gathering is;

ubbloco Wednesday; Gathering at Edinborough Gardens, St Georges Rd, Nth Fitzroy, about 8pm onwards.

There is also a Sunday gathering at St Kilda. Check :St Kilda, Melbourne, Australia, posted by Footbag, for details.

All welcome!- beginners, experienced, spectators, drummers, and anyone else keen to check it out, come say hello! We don't bite but we do burn... wink

XXOO

[ 01. February 2003, 19:15: Message edited by: tjoni ]

I'm out of my mind...but you can leave a message

If you remain calm while all around you is collapsing...possibly you are missing something

pimember
7 posts

Posted:
hola.

sorry, i know i could have searched through the forums and got a better idea, but with a slow dial-up connection, i'm just really not all that keen to at the moment. sorry.
so, i've just returned to melbourne after a stint in vancouver, canada and i wanna meet up with some local firey-types to practise and learn more. so far, i've gathered that there's a pretty regular meeting on wednesday's in the edinburger gardens - 830ish? and sunday on st kilda beach behind luna park at about 5pm?
am i about right? if so, i guess i'll see you then. if not, can someone post the corrections to this thread so i don't have to read through the whole twenty-something pages to find it.

ta smile

pi feathersword

the shit ain't over until the last record spins

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
Being much-loved as you are, Tjoni, it will be easier to bear your absence when you're back in Melbourne! Your life seems to be in lots of motion!

it's ridiculously hot here right now (37 deg tomorrow) so we kinda have a taste of how you're frying!

Troy, i see from your avatar that:
1. youre schwatz is as big as mine
2. You're still totally into the FF series!

Pi, yes wednesdays and sundays are still goin year 'round as stated on these threads! just bring your toys and smiles! Wednesday night will be sultry and nice weather (shame ima too broken to go!!)

seeyousearound! peace

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

SlightlySingedGOLD Member
82 posts

Posted:
Is this wednesday night twirl still on, even though it's xmas eve?

I do poi nearly every day. But it's not like I'm addicted or anything. I mean, sure, I am always conscious of exactly where my poi are at all times, but I'm not obsessed. um.. Anyone have the number for Poi-ers Anon?

6,978 posts

Posted:
indeed it is.
me may finally meat!

Kyle McLeanBRONZE Member
Living it up
363 posts

Posted:
Hey Bender!
How is your recovery going? Not getting down over the lack of jump roping I hope. hug
Were you at Earthcore despite the spite 'o' the leg? Was just having a look at their website when I noticed that there, too, was a Bender. I would have loved to have met up dude. rolleyesNext time I guess...

Contact without dance is like sex without wiggling.
A) it does feel as good
B) it does not look as good on film

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
i know its short notice (but its been chrissie!) but i was wondering if anyone was going to the st. kilda gathering tomorrow night (28th dec). i want to go but flynt's still in tassie (ill get u when u get back! watch urself u might get glomped!) and i think bart left last week (messaged him anyway!)......so anyone? im too shy to just rock up and hope (and my parents prolly wouldnt be too happy with that either *waits until she's 18 so she can drive!!!*)

maybe PM me with a mobile number or i can give u mine! i'll be wearing a rainbow hat!

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
I'm starting to really look forward to my visit now biggrin

*flips absently through map of Melbourne*
Hmm, there's a metro station called Batman. I'll have to go there at some stage, just because of the cool name smile

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
d'y'know bov, i very nearly lived 50m away from batman station..... thank goodness that didnt work out, its a bit dumpy!

Pi! just FYI matey, the sunday meetings are on summer timetable now, so we meet up at Seven (7) pm, as there is too long a wait for those who want to do fire if we start at five pm....

but yes, its business as usual otherwise!

Missing you munchkins uber muchly, cant wait to be back in melb!! xoxoxox
loads of love
Flynt

Currently on the right side up of the world.

ElvenStarmember
10 posts

Posted:
hello gys and gals, boys and girls,
i have been out of touch for ages and ages and ages and ages. well maybe a few months.
how's things. thought i would quickly pop on to say hi. hope everyone had a great christmas and have a safe and flaming new year. weavesmiley

Budda-bing,Budda-boom.

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
ok, since i can no longer go to sunday nights (refer to my rant in flynts thread! lol!), i need to make friends with some wednesday nighters - and hope my boss doesnt give me shifts then as well!

so...who are you guys?

Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
What's wrong with the Wednesday nighters... I meet all my Melbourne (Choosen family and) friends at wednesday night twirls... you'll love it... or else... tongue

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
oh Rouge you DORK!

here am i thinking, gosh, the poor girl cant come spinning at all.....
SHEESH!

I"M at weds nights, and a whole bunch of OTHER lovely munchkins, so dont be silly!!! You'll have a great time! Bart comes to weds when he's around, and Emily and Alex too so you already know some lovely weds night people!!!! (did you meet E&A??)

anyways, I'll be back next week, and i'll BE SO BOUNCY! (warning you now)
muchhugznfluffstuff!
Flynter

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
*cowers*

my p's initially wouldnt let me go to wednesday nights "just cos ur on holidays thursday morning doesnt mean we are!".......PFFT! they said they'll take me wednesdays now! HOLDING THEM TO IT!!!!!! beerchug

falloutboySILVER Member
remember
433 posts

Posted:
Hello friends and foe.. or foes.. or maybe it's fi - anyway.. i've been away from HOP for so long now and it's all different and scary and i just thought my first new post should be in here - you know, because it's like home and stuff (and also if i screw it up no ruffs will come beat me up.. here's hoping anyway).
That aside, is anyone going to sunday spinning in st kilda tommorrow? (looks at flynt, throws shoe at flynt).
smile

-As angels debate chance and fate-
i was riding through melbourne on a midget giraffe, things were peachy.

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
*traces shoe and gives cardboard copy to fallouts mummy*

*snigger*

Wouldnt have a clue deario, I am not back in the country til Monday! ARGH!

But I'll be there Wednesday night, you can bet your buttons on it! HOORAY!

xoxoxoxxxoxo to all, collectable on wednesdays....

6,978 posts

Posted:
a new year.

the first wednesday of the year also happens to be the anniversary of Tjoni's first gathering here.

Happy first two years, oh Edinburgh twirlers. May there be much fire and fun to come. peace

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
*dances* im coming on wednesday! i'm coming on wednesday!....yeah.......see you then!!!! beerchug

SlightlySingedGOLD Member
82 posts

Posted:
Me too! Me too!

It's been WAY too long since the last time I've come... Are there likely to be any jembe's? I luuurve spinning to drums...

EDITED_BY: SlightlySinged (1073527105)

I do poi nearly every day. But it's not like I'm addicted or anything. I mean, sure, I am always conscious of exactly where my poi are at all times, but I'm not obsessed. um.. Anyone have the number for Poi-ers Anon?

6,978 posts

Posted:
hey and also for the melbournians out there, i will be available for birthday punches too smile

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
rest assured Bender dearest, there will be many birthday HUGZ coming your way.....

smile

looking forward to seeing you all, promises to be a nice kick off for the year, HOORAY!

6,978 posts

Posted:
ahh okay then looks like i need to take a bath before wednesday...
carmenbelle and tjoni have said that they will be joining in this oh holiest of twirlage days! ubblove

ZoltarBRONZE Member
Beginner
282 posts

Posted:
ubbcrying I can't make it.....

.... I believe I am due for a leave pass soon though

So much fire, so little body hair...

6,978 posts

Posted:
my hands...my hands..ze are black!

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
oh my.

OH MY!

Theres a Josh and a Katinca and a Rozi and a Cassandra all doing fun stuff behing me... (pick the nerd hey?)

We will ALL be at Edinburger gardens tomorrow night, so GOSH DARN YOU, you had BETTY BOO there.

Uh
Berry bee.

anyways.

yes, I am bringing the ultra cool type people (pick the suckup) with me to spinning tomorrow, I hope you all will be there as I know Rozi and Cass would especially all like to see you all (mostly because I dont SHUT UP about you all... you funny kids...)

(i like parenthasis...)

See you there!!!

6,978 posts

Posted:
hmmm friendly falmes indeed.

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
Hi guys

so ummmm I'm pretty tired and all at the moment, and I owe the sunday crew an apology for not being there lately...

Think I'm gonna take some time off spinning, sorry about that. I'm fairly confident that sundays will get enough ppl to stand on its own for a while, its' fairly well advertised, and wednesdays is really kicking off again, yay!

Love to all

xxoxoxxo
Flynty

The_Pirate_Dyke_BoyHOP Lord of the Pirate Admiralty
1,079 posts

Posted:
hey guys
in reference to HOP day (and i know its got nowt to do with this thread), would you guys be cool travelling down for the sydney gathering for the day, or would you rather set up your own ikle gig?
please reply on the HOP day thread asap, and sorry for butting in.
love u all ubblove hug ubblove

D.B.
X x X x X

Ship off the starboard! sound general quarters! noise and light discipline! man the cannons! GET ME THE RUM!

Master of the Free Hug Program

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Anyone going tonight? I just don’t believe all this rain in Nov; our hottest month. Will probably still go though. Catch Ya.

Flynt, bring a note wink

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

6,978 posts

Posted:
i know a certain mr bender is going. he can give the irrits sometimes tho... beerchug

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
Stone tongue
see above note for details.

In other news: Sunday the 22nd see's the arrival of YET ANOTHER Sydney Hopper to our fair (?) Melbourne City!

Dentrassi will be attending Sunday Night spinning at St Kilda on the 22nd, so if you'd like a Hug and a twirl with a mad man from Sydney, do pop along! He's lovely and definately worth meeting....

and yes

I'll be there.

Page: ......