Page: ......
tjoniBRONZE Member
116 posts

Posted:
Calling all firetwirlers drummers and dancers, or anyone wanting to learn the above.We are starting up a weekly gathering in Fitzroy area to share above skills with thoughts to starting up a troup to perform in Melbourne area in 2002. Beginners welcome as we can teach you!Expressions of interest most welcome. Happy New Year!

ubblove **edit August 2004** ubblove

Hello and welcome to any new fire friends visiting this thread! To save you reading through 30 pages of sturf, our weekly gathering is;

ubbloco Wednesday; Gathering at Edinborough Gardens, St Georges Rd, Nth Fitzroy, about 8pm onwards.

There is also a Sunday gathering at St Kilda. Check :St Kilda, Melbourne, Australia, posted by Footbag, for details.

All welcome!- beginners, experienced, spectators, drummers, and anyone else keen to check it out, come say hello! We don't bite but we do burn... wink

XXOO

[ 01. February 2003, 19:15: Message edited by: tjoni ]

I'm out of my mind...but you can leave a message

If you remain calm while all around you is collapsing...possibly you are missing something

Skadaor Wench, or Mo
134 posts

Posted:
Missed you guys lots on Wednesday...~slight pout~

But, Yay! Finding Nemo! "And there was much rejoicing"

I Am NOt a ToASTeR!

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Hi Tjoni, good luck with the circus gig .

Speaking of circus, NICA (the national institute of circus arts) are holding auditions for their Bachelor of Circus Arts on 15 Sept. For details see NICA

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
gadzooks - should i be worried that it could be this easy to join a circus?!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

tjoniBRONZE Member
116 posts

Posted:
Hellooo me darlin's,
Hope you see you lurvlies tomorrow night for a wee spin, and lots of hugs'n'sturf!!
re: circus sturf- we need performers for a show on the gold coast, called Cirque de Kataz (reminiscent of Cirque de Soleil.Show starts easter but auditions and some rehearsals have already started. Have twirlers already but need other acts-aerial, clowns, acrobats etc. I'll be posting flyers at juggle art etc, but if you're keen or know someone who is, pm me and I'll send you the details.
Can't wait for tomorrow night...huggies to all
xoxo

If you remain calm while all around you is collapsing...possibly you are missing something

6,978 posts

Posted:
yaaaaay let us play with fire for hours in the dark once more!!

sounds like a killer circus deal, tjoni! congrats again!

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
arrrrr me hearties! Its happening again, yet another edinburger scurvy sea dogs get-together!

This time, we be going to see the Pirates of the Carribean on next sundee night, that being Sundee the 13th (arrrr) of September.

Twill be full pirate dress, my hearties, so I'll fully expect to see you there, with ye long johns and eyepatches on, arrrrr! Stay posted for times and meeting details

arr

Cpt'n Flynt

Currently on the right side up of the world.

6,978 posts

Posted:
Some film students responded to the ad at Juggleart, and wish to have the cahnce to film us for their work - they'll be in the park at the same time thic coming wednesday 10th August, so fun will be had for all! of course they will ask permission before capturing ya...

6,978 posts

Posted:
Melbourne flash mob is now registering phone numbers for an action soon!
https://members.lycos.co.uk/melbourneflashmob/
you can do eeeeit!

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
I’ll be up the country for a while so have a great time tonight. Catch ya in a few weeks

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

ZoltarBRONZE Member
Beginner
282 posts

Posted:
Damit..... can't get there this week.

Stupid rural living .....

So much fire, so little body hair...

SlightlySingedGOLD Member
82 posts

Posted:
Arg! The rain! It burns, it burns!!

um.. So, yeah, like, anyway..

Damn it, I aint fire'd up in WEEKS! Serious withdrawal symptoms guys - clothes without black marks on them, full head of hair, eyelashes intact.. I'm going insane!!

I do poi nearly every day. But it's not like I'm addicted or anything. I mean, sure, I am always conscious of exactly where my poi are at all times, but I'm not obsessed. um.. Anyone have the number for Poi-ers Anon?

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
ah, alas, its raining.

but! theres still going to be a trip to the maahooovies on this sunday night, (cos i'm cancelling spinning, so bugger y'all) and you have to dress up in your nicest piratey attire!

We'll be meeting at 7, (thats seven for those of you who are digit intolerant) and buying tickets all together.

Im tempted to throw in a suggestion of a prize for the best piratey dressed, but i've got the sneaking suspicion that no ones gonna show up...

Prove me wrong, hey?

ARRRRR!

6,978 posts

Posted:
see youse at firetwirling tonight!!!!! filming goodness ahoy!
rain means nothing to the obssessed.

tjoniBRONZE Member
116 posts

Posted:
((((helloooo me darlin's))))
Sorry I missed you guys on the Sunday before I left. T'was a hectic weekend with family gigs etc, and didn't get back to town til 8pm,so missed the twirl sesh.Hope you had a good spin at St Kilda...just have to wait til x mas i guess.Miss you lot like mad but hangin' for confest twirls!!!
Life's purty cool up here, but had mobile, wallet etc stolen, so my mobile number is no more!!All's well otherwise.Hope you're all well!!
Billa ,Flynt ,Carmen , Shiner , Crew , love you lots xxoo

queen of wandsmember
127 posts

Posted:
Hi all,

Havent been on here for a while so a bit out of the loop, but is the wed night edinburgh twirls still happening? I saw Bender at Earthdance mesmerising the crowds (again!) and it reminded me of how much i have missed a good firey twirl...

Let me know!

- q wands - xox

PS. I know its really really late, but a big fat thanks to all that helped me out with interviews for my article on firetwirling. I really appreciate it and hope to see some familiar faces soon.

I'm not vegetarian, but currently I'm off my chops!

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
hey slack wench, where ya been?? It will be good to see you again!

Wednesday night spins are STILL happening, yes, and we practically made it through all winter, with very few nights off, and in the tradition of years past, as the weather gets nicer, we are attracting more people!

Sunday nights at St Kilda is also a go-er! YAY! lots of sunlight at the moment, sun setting at about six, when the days start getting longer, I'll put the time back, but for now, We still start at five pm!

Dust off those Fwirling toys y'all! Get your butts down to spinning!

xoxxoxoxo
Flynty

82 posts

Posted:
Yay, was SOOO good having a twirl on Wednesday - I had forgotten what burnt hair smelt like!! So I'm back to form now, being slightly singed and all

I'll try and drag everyone down to St Kilda for the Sunday night twirl, but it's a pretty big weekend.. Bliss on Sat night is just part of it... Might be a bit spaced out by the time I get to Sunday night hehe

I do poi nearly every day. But it's not like I'm addicted or anything. I mean, sure, I am always conscious of exactly where my poi are at all times, but I'm not obsessed. um.. Anyone have the number for Poi-ers Anon?

Skadaor Wench, or Mo
134 posts

Posted:
Ah, twas (twas?) a lovely past wednesday night, and my last as well ~slight pout~ for the yuck that is visa expirey occurs in only four days....and so I shall be returning to my other home, though here feels more like home to me now.

Words are not enough to express my gratitude to you all for the fun adventures I have had these past four months in Oz.....running about like crazed pirates, pouting in the rain in the gardens, doughnuts and chocolate milk for breakfast at the markets, sunsets at S Kilda....defending myself from juggling swords with a mighty can of pineapple chunks at earthdance

Thanks again everyone, had the time of my life.

@>--,'--------

I Am NOt a ToASTeR!

falloutboySILVER Member
remember
433 posts

Posted:
your pineapple chunks are strong, my worthy opponent.

-As angels debate chance and fate-
i was riding through melbourne on a midget giraffe, things were peachy.

OdinBRONZE Member
21 posts

Posted:
Hello darlings one & all,

So excited to see u guys again, it's been 10 months and i'm finally coming back for a visit early Nov! lots of hugging & spinning 2 b done.

At the windowsill ...

82 posts

Posted:
Let me just say, midnight fire twirling on the beach when it's 23 degrees and you're half naked is absolutely amazing fun and totally brilliant for the soul.

Flynt, I'm determined to get the btb 3-beat weave turns happenning before Wednesday And thanks again for showing me the giant btb thing - heaps cool

82 posts

Posted:
I'm starting to twitch from not twirling.. damn Melbourne weather. Lookslikfe this Wed is gonna be washed out too! Ah, well, more wear and tear on my socks made poi..

82 posts

Posted:
*bump*

I was twirling with a few friends at elwood beach tues night and a couple of djembe players stopped and played for us!! Was great!!! Have there been any at the Wed night twirl yet??

(silly silly me forgot to tell the two guys about wed night at the gardens... kicking self... they were damn good.)

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Odin
So excited to see u guys again, it's been 10 months and i'm finally coming back for a visit early Nov! lots of hugging & spinning 2 b done.
Would you also happen to be stopping in to Byron Bay again, would love to hook up and twirl with you again...

Plus I also wanted to say hi to all of my firey friend in Melbourne... I miss you you all... and that means you Bender, fallout and Stevil...

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

6,978 posts

Posted:
:dusts off a warm empty seat for our distant fireys:

CarobananasGOLD Member
april fool
36 posts

Posted:
hi...
i thought i read something on this page about workshops on thursdays at the botanical gardens,
but now i can't find anything about it. I will be in Melbourne next week from wednesday till monday, are there any workshops/ gatherings etc on then?
i really want to learn more poi and stick moves!!!
thanks for any info!!

carobananas(a)hotmail.com

6,978 posts

Posted:
hello carobanana! you may want to hook up with Pyroptix's twirlage lessons this thread's fire twirling is on wednesdays you are most welcome to both

6,978 posts

Posted:
le bumpe!
yay for warmness of at least the weather! peace

tjoniBRONZE Member
116 posts

Posted:
Hello me darlin's!
Hope all's well in Melbournsville! Was going to get down for confest but won't make it as I'm waiting for February when I'm coming back for good! Yay team can;t wait to twirl with you guys again...the fiery scene up here ain't that good....
Circus thing had hit several dives and i'm over it, so I'm starting something new up when I get back down south. Will talk to the lurvly Edinborough crew when I'm there. In the meantime, happy twirls and have a ball at confest to all who are going.
Miss you guys heaps.
xxooo

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
Hey tjoni, long time no hear... so where abouts are you right now??? Hope everything works out ok for you in the meantime... tongue I miss you all... hug

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

Page: ......