Page: ......
tjoniBRONZE Member
116 posts

Posted:
Calling all firetwirlers drummers and dancers, or anyone wanting to learn the above.We are starting up a weekly gathering in Fitzroy area to share above skills with thoughts to starting up a troup to perform in Melbourne area in 2002. Beginners welcome as we can teach you!Expressions of interest most welcome. Happy New Year!

ubblove **edit August 2004** ubblove

Hello and welcome to any new fire friends visiting this thread! To save you reading through 30 pages of sturf, our weekly gathering is;

ubbloco Wednesday; Gathering at Edinborough Gardens, St Georges Rd, Nth Fitzroy, about 8pm onwards.

There is also a Sunday gathering at St Kilda. Check :St Kilda, Melbourne, Australia, posted by Footbag, for details.

All welcome!- beginners, experienced, spectators, drummers, and anyone else keen to check it out, come say hello! We don't bite but we do burn... wink

XXOO

[ 01. February 2003, 19:15: Message edited by: tjoni ]

I'm out of my mind...but you can leave a message

If you remain calm while all around you is collapsing...possibly you are missing something

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
verrrrrrrry nice fallout! good luck with your exam today! xoxo

bender, personally i like my meat pies without sauce, but i agree, that last weds firespinsession was a hugely muchly personed event, GOOD FUN!

Am off to the beach this arvo to scout for locations..... I actually was thinking a little earlier than five, because i know of some peeps that wont be able to hang around too late, but for the sake of the flyers, i shall put five, but be my normal self and turn up early....... eek!

Currently on the right side up of the world.

Rainmember
69 posts

Posted:
Tjoni, Love the idea of the camping/twirling trips I was thinking about a year ago of organising a one off camping trip to get a nice social event for twirlers happening. But being my lazy self I never got around to it. Doing it monthly is a stroke of genius. I would deffinately be up for it. If you want any help to organise these trips let me know and I will see what I can do.

tjoniBRONZE Member
116 posts

Posted:
Heya lurvs!
Nice job falloutboy, I'm more than happy to be a freak in the company of my fellow fiery brothers and sisters!(and any other time aswell)
Thanks Rain, Bender- I was thinking that due to solar eclipse and confest coming up, maybe late January would be good for our first campy fiery gathering thingy. We'll definately discuss this further in the coming month.
Any eclipsees that haven't contacted me yet please do so soon as our meeting is this sunday...actually seems to be turning into a pre eclipse party!..have had about 20 emails from eclipsees wishing to join the convoy...yip ya for the sun!
XXOO

[ 21. November 2002, 02:04: Message edited by: tjoni ]

If you remain calm while all around you is collapsing...possibly you are missing something

tjoniBRONZE Member
116 posts

Posted:
Hi luvs, sorry I missed you on Wednesday- have been inundated with work!
re;outback eclipse- if there's anyone wishing to join our convoy leaving sunday 1st dec, please email me for details by the end of the week. This includes all lovely eclipsees needing rides or passengers!XXOO

BernoSILVER Member
21 posts

Posted:
so does this mean that Wednesday is not on anymore, or are you guys having two nights a week to play.
Just so I can keep up, I dont want to miss out when I come to Melbourne in the New Year.
I'm travelling 4000k's to see my family...... NOT..... I'm just going to come and twirl....twirl.....twirl.......twirl......twirl my way around the country.!!!!!!!!!!!!

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
nah nah! fear not Berno! wednesday spins are still on! i am just trying to impliment a new sunday arvo spin as well.....

i keep meaning to go cruise the beach for locations...... guess i will get to it this week..... motivation at an all time low `

anwyasy, *hugz* to all, will see you weds night, no foodies from me this week, apologies, my budget cant afford it while im not working xoxoxo sorry!

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
Berno ya lucky punter! it's such an incredible gift to see twirlers from another region - to see so many scenes and to experience all their influences would be an experience more valuable than all the written content on the web!
plus you get to work on ya tan!!
good luck to ya mate and welcome! i would be happy to meet with such a lucky person!
until then, more chi! train harder!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

falloutboySILVER Member
remember
433 posts

Posted:
*does anti-rain dance*

*stops when he realises co-workers are looking at him strangely*

*offers said workers as sacrificial entities to the rain Gods*

- C'mon, they're not much, but they're SOMETHING!

-As angels debate chance and fate-
i was riding through melbourne on a midget giraffe, things were peachy.

BernoSILVER Member
21 posts

Posted:
yay, Cool! I dont want to miss out.
May be not until February now. GGGGrrrrrrrrrr.
Other people going on holidays before me.
January - February - no matter...... SOON!

HEY! Bender (and EVERYONE else going to SA)....

Have a GREAT week next week and travel safe.

Full report when you come back please.

OdinBRONZE Member
21 posts

Posted:
I am back from Byron!!

Bumped into Arsn & Valura (fr. Brissy) there & had a quick & satisfying inter-state exchange of poi tricks. They were great to twirl with, they also bought a little bunny from the market. Woo hoo!! can't wait to pass the new tricks on to u melbournites this coming wed! Is there a S. Kilda session this sunday???

To the eclipsees: have a safe & fiery trip!!

At the windowsill ...

6,978 posts

Posted:
Berno, thanks for the loverly sentiments! we'll cook up a nice SEF gallery for yas!
/lights a candle for Berno

Odin, good to see ya back in action here!!! me so mega interested to see ya Byron trix! (unfortunately I can't make it to next wed twirling ) but there's always another tomorrow!
/lights a candle for 'not lighting candle day'

markeesparkmember
62 posts

Posted:
hello melbourne,
The kiwis are in town and we're real keen to to catch some aussie fire and we're real keen to have a jam with some of the melbourne posie..
we leave to the eclipse on sunday so if anyone wants to have a play mail me and i'll call you or somthing!
Smarkspark & Pauly Paul.
The Central City Circus

Markeespark Sparkeemark & me

6,978 posts

Posted:
seya there mate! the web forum meetup is 3pm on the 3rd at thte cafe - kust look for the cuddle puddle!

Distorted Silencemember
217 posts

Posted:
argh, havent been twirling for a while.

'tis a pity that i couldnt go to the solar eclipse either....

Anyway my lack of wednesday night appearances are caused from a few things:

1) Lack of money to catch a taxi home. I hate not living near a station.

2) all of the money is spent on activities where a certain person will be present. Curse him. Curse him for being so worth it, but for me not having a chance

When i get my results, and hopefully my money, I should be able to make appearances again...

But I, and a few I have spoken to, are sensing a certain... dislikement to the wednesday nights. I wont go into details at all. But yes, that has been another reason for avoidment.

Im soz :S

You've got to move fast to beat the Devil - Your arm's too short to box with God.

tjoniBRONZE Member
116 posts

Posted:
Aayy me lurvlies,
Been out of touch for a while, but hope all's well! Looking forward to plenty of pics from solar eclipsees, and hopefully I'll make it down this week!
Distorted, I'm sorry to see you have problems with a certain person and a certain fire night, but at least you have a choice to avoid it- if you don't like it, you don't have to come, if you wish to join us, you're more than welcome. ...I hope everyone knows that!
Hello and welcome to our new kiwi friends! Hope to meet you soon and share some moves!XXOO
XXOO Tjoni
...if I had dark hair that might actually look like me...

[ 09. December 2002, 02:56: Message edited by: tjoni ]

markeesparkmember
62 posts

Posted:
hello poi people
Im sorry i must have been in a world of my own at the eclipse cause i didnt meet almost anyone.where was everyone?I meet Felix,Big ups to Pyrotechnique it was real nice to meet you and big ups to the byron bay possie that i meet you cats swing some nice fire.and the Flaming butterflys also Very cool,thanks for some good visuals .
anyways did anyone see the kiwis in flight??
Main zone second night we could only sneak our poi throuht coustoms so thats all we did.If you saw us what did you think?
Thanks for accomidating us and we hope to be back soon
Haere ra from The Central City Circus

Markeespark Sparkeemark & me

6,978 posts

Posted:
hey mark are ya gunna make it to the gardens tonight?
let's talk eclipse all night!!

queen of wandsmember
127 posts

Posted:
Hey guys, sorry havent posted or been to the wed nights for so long, just had a weekend up in brissy and now very pov/tired. Glad you enjoyed your trip odin, we'll have to catch up soon.

So what's up with the sunday sessions? Are they still in demand at all? I dunno about others, but sometimes its hard to make it to a midweek twirl, esp as I live so damn far out of the city! Gah!

I'm not vegetarian, but currently I'm off my chops!

tjoniBRONZE Member
116 posts

Posted:
Hi luvs,
Missed you again! Got caught up at the night markets. Hope all eclipsees had a fantastic time at the festival!
For anyone and everyone interested, there's a 'drumming picnic' at the Edinborough Gardens this Sunday. Starts at midday, so more of a social/practise doodad rather than a fiery thingamejig , but should be fun! Then 5pm post eclipse gathering at my place for picies etc and drinks later probably Brunswick st .Email me if you'd like more info!..XX OO ...just can't get enough of those new smilies..

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
Right, sunday summer spin sessions,

Firstly, My apologies. i gladly jumped up and waved my hand around to organise this, then circumstances went a bit haywire and it didnt quite work out how i planned, so i havent actually got anything done...... Sorry Folks

And now for the good news. Sunday Fifth of January (for those that are recovered from their new years hangovers) will be our first spin session at St Kilda Beach. I'll scout out a location, but its more than likely we'll meet somewhere like the front of luna park at five, then make our way down to the beach.... Like i said, will scout out a location, and get back to you. I will have flyers for next weds nights spinning, but wont be there myself, my apologies, as i'm off to tas for xmas. will be back in time for the first summer sunday spin tho! xoxoxox

Have a great holiday season all, Please drive safely and take care of yourselves! Much Love

Flynty

nakedflamemember
15 posts

Posted:
Hey all,

I think its amazing that there are 9 pages of discussions between Melbourne twirlers! We have an awesome fire community here. I'm going to Sydney next week, does anyone know of any twirling that goes on there or any cool places to check out?

Also if anyone is in town on New Years we will probably be twirling in Edinburgh Gardens and would love company!

Cheers, Naked Flame

Sometimes I shouldn't say words...

queen of wandsmember
127 posts

Posted:
Woohoo! Looking forward to it very muchly.

Those new smilies are insane...

S&M, Beer, Trippers...

I'm not vegetarian, but currently I'm off my chops!

Distorted Silencemember
217 posts

Posted:
Interesting, a new years twirling. I did the same last year at my lovely friend, Harley the firebreather's house, and when it hit midnight, us three breathers (Harley, Scott and I) All lit up the sky with our flames. Such a kodak moment... Pity we didnt have any cameras

I don't know what I'm doing for new years. My lack of drinking is pushing me to come along. Nothing better to celebrate, then some spinning

You've got to move fast to beat the Devil - Your arm's too short to box with God.

6,978 posts

Posted:
I'll arrive earller on wednesday cus it's good for stuff and thing.
hopefully eclipse photos in tow and discussion on new years twirling action (confest most likely), especially re: fuel + lifts.

sarah...member
339 posts

Posted:
hey guys!n havnt been here for a while! does anyone remember me?
Im going to melbourne for a bit from the 27th dec. til the 2nd jan. and i stumbled across a thread which was pretty much dedicated to melbourne twirlers! i wanna catch up with some twirlers from melbourne when i head down there. Im also planning on moving down there mid next year and want to get my contacts up a bit! wanna be my friend? im reasonable nice i guess.

Fire... A bushmans telly

6,978 posts

Posted:
hmm i wish there was an icon for "D'oh!" cus i finally get a chance to meet you and i'll be going away for confest! bah life is as fair as tattslotto only more tacky.

Monkey-girlmember
14 posts

Posted:
I'm only just back in Melbourne after 18 mths over in the UK.

I got started playing with fire over there and always used paraffin.

Now that I'm back, I can't find it for love or money. What are the fuels most commonly used over in this bit of the world, or does someone have some suggestion as to where I might find paraffin?

Ta!

I did have a look at the Fuels Info on this site, but I'm mostly looking for what is actually used here.

6,978 posts

Posted:
matey! welcome back!
i'd hug you but you're over there right now
/points at the wall
over here we calls 'em 'kerosene' which you can pick up at stupormarkets for less than $3 a litre (a dollar more for the odouless stuff)
www.juggleart.com sell firewater from Brunswick st, and it's really nice to twirl with!
please come to our wednesday night madness, it's probably the biggest and definitely the nicest regular fire meet in our fair town! hooray for fire and all that i say.

tjoniBRONZE Member
116 posts

Posted:
hi luvies,
heading to st kilda 2day (sunday) for a frolick on the beach with some sticks'n'sturf. anyone wanna have plays head to the pier and look out for fiery orbs on the beach ..(or in the sky if i can get these damn wings unstuck ) t'will be a late arvo early evenin' thang.
xxoo
oohh oohh nearly forgot...MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! to all you lurvly peoples out there. ,and dudes and dudettes. Have a fantasmagorical new years to any nonconfestees who i will sadly miss ....and looking forward to celebratin' with the rest of ya!!!
Here's to an amazing 2003, full of fire, fire friends old and new, good health and good times!!
Take care luvlies,
xxoo

Monkey-girlmember
14 posts

Posted:
Ta Bender

I'm planning on coming to the Wednesday night things. After Crimbo though. Got the family commitments to do in Adelaide until the 29th. I suppose that's OK after 18 months out of the country. I can't have them forgetting who on earth I am.

Plus I have a whole new hobby to scare them with! And new toys to practise with also.

Catchya soon.

Page: ......