Page: ...
tjoniBRONZE Member
116 posts

Posted:
Calling all firetwirlers drummers and dancers, or anyone wanting to learn the above.We are starting up a weekly gathering in Fitzroy area to share above skills with thoughts to starting up a troup to perform in Melbourne area in 2002. Beginners welcome as we can teach you!Expressions of interest most welcome. Happy New Year!

ubblove **edit August 2004** ubblove

Hello and welcome to any new fire friends visiting this thread! To save you reading through 30 pages of sturf, our weekly gathering is;

ubbloco Wednesday; Gathering at Edinborough Gardens, St Georges Rd, Nth Fitzroy, about 8pm onwards.

There is also a Sunday gathering at St Kilda. Check :St Kilda, Melbourne, Australia, posted by Footbag, for details.

All welcome!- beginners, experienced, spectators, drummers, and anyone else keen to check it out, come say hello! We don't bite but we do burn... wink

XXOO

[ 01. February 2003, 19:15: Message edited by: tjoni ]

I'm out of my mind...but you can leave a message

If you remain calm while all around you is collapsing...possibly you are missing something

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
Um are you the guys in Edinburgh Gardens Fridays? I was that guy there! the one with arms!------------------It is said that "Twirler with hand in pocket feel cocky all day." =P

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

tjoniBRONZE Member
116 posts

Posted:
heyja we join the friday gathering hosted by concentrate at edinborough gardens but are starting a wednesday night one this week aswell which is more for people to learn new moves and who are interested in working professionally in this area.Please feel free to join us 7pm onwards,.. and next friday concentrate gathering is 18th jan.cheers!

If you remain calm while all around you is collapsing...possibly you are missing something

tjoniBRONZE Member
116 posts

Posted:
ohhhhhh........... and yeah i was that girl there..the one with the hair!!

6,978 posts

Posted:
Sweet as! ill b there with bells n whistles! do you poi or staff? Bring ya hair!------------------It is said that "Twirler with hand in pocket feel cocky all day." =P

tjoniBRONZE Member
116 posts

Posted:
Poi, single and dbl staff...cool I'll look out for the guy with the arms!........

tjoniBRONZE Member
116 posts

Posted:
Heyja all!This Wednesday we're moving the fire gathering to Ceres, Lee St East Brunswick.They are having a music event there-lots of drummers etc who may be joining us in future.Hope to see you all there!

tictimember
3 posts

Posted:
Hey sounds cool. How late are you planning to hand around at ceres. I'll definitely try and find you guys.

tjoniBRONZE Member
116 posts

Posted:
We usually stay till about 11 or 12midnight,depending on how energetic we are! Hope to see you there! (please bring own equipment and fuel if possible, but we do have spares if needed)Cheers!

silicon_ballmember
2 posts

Posted:
Hello thereI have been swinging the poi for a couple of months now, but have fallen into a rut and think i need to see people doing their thing. So concerning wednesday nights could someone tell me what Ceres is, does it still start at 7 and what type of performances would be in mind for the troupe. Also is the Concentrate shindig on every friday and what time would that be.TankyouI have no witty tag line

tjoniBRONZE Member
116 posts

Posted:
Heyja there!We're back at the Edinborough Gardens on Wednesdays for now but may be doing Tuesdays instead in the future- will keep you posted.Meeting time is still 7pm.Reguarding performances- we need dancers (african style), twirlers (staff and poi), drummers and anyone wanting to learn the above, to join us in doing choreogrphed shows. If you have any other skills you would like to contribute please feel welcome to share with us as we are open to new ideas.Hope to see you there!PS Concentrate gathering is every second Friday about 8pm onwards.Next one is 1st Feb.[This message has been edited by tjoni (edited 27 January 2002).][This message has been edited by tjoni (edited 27 January 2002).]

Spiral Starletmember
2 posts

Posted:
Hi. Im an English girl travelling around Oz for the next two months and I'll be down in Melbounre in a week or two.I do poi and Fire breathing and I was wondering about all the places in Melbourne I can come and join in some twirling.You can post a reply here or email me directly on spiral@wildchild.co.ukI'll need days, times, places (maps wud be cool too)Thanks heaps.Spiral Starlet------------------And the glint of light that caught your eye was the Spiral Starlet spinning her fire

And the glint of light that caught your eye was the Spiral Starlet spinning her fire

6,978 posts

Posted:
The Edinborough Gardens venue is ere:BING! <--- kleeck hearPretty far from glasgow eh? looking for this map has diverted precious websurfing time away from Nikki Webster websites.hooray.------------------"He shall know your ways as if born to them"-Fremen prophecy[This message has been edited by Bender_the_Offender (edited 08 March 2002).]

tjoniBRONZE Member
116 posts

Posted:
Heyja!. Just letting you know Tjoni and Mel are doing other workshops on Wednesday nights for next few weeks so will be running late (9.30ish) but drummers and twirlers will still be there early sooo no need to despair...!See you there!

tjoniBRONZE Member
116 posts

Posted:
Hija all!Thanks to everyone whose been joining us over the last few months. The fire nights have really been taking off and there's some great talent here in Melbourne!Wednesday nights will be running for as long as the weather permits, and I'm trying to find a sheltered spot for those dark and stormy nights when winter begins to set in... As we've had some interest from people needing twirlers for shows etc., we'll be starting early (6.30pm) for people interested in learning some choreographed moves with fire. If need be we'll do Tuesdays as well for rehearsals only. Please email me if you're interested. Thanks again to the twirlers and drummers. You guys rock! XX Tjoni

tjoniBRONZE Member
116 posts

Posted:
Heyja all,just moi again! Okay, Tuesdays are on- 6.30 for antone interested in performing..and Wednesdays are the usual go for havin a wee twirl and a giggle!:] c u there!

falloutboySILVER Member
remember
433 posts

Posted:
Hi there fellow Melbournians! - i've been spinning staff a month or two now, and would love to meet up with some others to spin/twirl with! And hopefully learn some new moves too.. (I tried poi the other night with socks tied to string - but had to stop after hitting myself in the groin the third time)..hahaSo if i go to the Edinborough Gardens this wednesday night at about 7:00pm there will be people and flames there right?-Josh----------------smurfs are soft

-As angels debate chance and fate-
i was riding through melbourne on a midget giraffe, things were peachy.

6,978 posts

Posted:
Hey Fallout boy, you won't believe just how regularly new twirlers spin a session @ Edinbirough wedenesday gatherings. Meetcha there with all the other pyros. It's the friendliest gathering of 'em all. trust me or I'll stab ya! smile ahhahahah. um only kidding, right? oh the voices...But seriously, there have been a number of queenslanders out and aboot @ the last few meets with their funny fire toys. And that's exotic funny, not i've stapled a chicken to my forehead funny.Oh i've gone and scared people off now.

***peteSILVER Member
38 posts

Posted:
hey is the twirling sitll on. i went down there about a week or two ago and a few drummers turned up and that was about it. so we went to juggle jam and ran into more twirlers and drumers. also what is this about tuesday nights?***pete

6,978 posts

Posted:
Heya pyro-person!The last two weeks we've been staying there from 7:30-ish to aboot 12:30pm (but only on the Brunswick St side of Edinborough Gardens - it dun sound as nice as 'Sheffield' eh? smile )Strange about juggle jam, there are hardly any twirlers at juggle jam when i go! it's literally impossible to twirl anything in that one room with so many group/club jugglers! Besides, Edinborough Gardens costs nothing to enter!! smile smile smile

***peteSILVER Member
38 posts

Posted:
there are lots of twirlers when i go to juggle jam but me and the other twirlers also juggle, ride unicycles and play with diablo. so we don't twirl there much. i would be at the gardens more but i am waiting for Toni to get back. so she can test me for my Queen Scout. i also have school the next day so my parents are getting a bit anoyed with me always being out.***pete

6,978 posts

Posted:
/raises left eybrowwait a minute... have we met yet?? a highschooler - you sound familiar! it must be your limp.

tjoniBRONZE Member
116 posts

Posted:
hey pete,sorry you missed us! We've been there every week timing must have been out...but we'll be there tomorrow about 7.30 onwards. Tuesday nights a smaller group of us get together earlier on to practise for a show- feel free to join us if you can-no fire as yet on Tuesdays-just choreography.Hope to see you soon!

***peteSILVER Member
38 posts

Posted:
this really sux that i all ways miss you guys. i get there about 6.30 sometimes and no one is there so i leave. Hey Bender_the_Offender you might know me. i had a big red and black mohawk up untill 2 weeks ago. so you might have seen me around.these holidays there is no way i can get down to twirl. sorry but i am on an 8 day hike and then working at the Cuborree.***pete

6,978 posts

Posted:
Um are you like pete the punk? the one who keeps calling me 'monkey'?

tjoniBRONZE Member
116 posts

Posted:
hey pete,we're never far away so please don't leave! You can call my mobile if you're not able to stick around for long. Sometimes i can't get there till around 7pm, so i'm sorry if you've travelled all that way for nothing.Hope to see u soon!To all confestodians-YAY!!I'll be putting a sign up on the info board with a map to our campsite- Look for a notice with SHAKURU fire friends and a little windmill.awww..can't wait to twirl yay!! c u there

***peteSILVER Member
38 posts

Posted:
yeah im pete the punk.

6,978 posts

Posted:
um hi pete the punk! can i have ur autograph? smile heh heh good to hear from yas man! Penne's been quite frequent @ wednesday nights!

falloutboySILVER Member
remember
433 posts

Posted:
is anyone going tonight? - stupid rain.

-As angels debate chance and fate-
i was riding through melbourne on a midget giraffe, things were peachy.

tjoniBRONZE Member
116 posts

Posted:
Heyja!Just got back from confest so I won't be there 2nite...searching for undercover areas to twirl in when it's raining. Maybe vic markets, any ideas?Hope everyone had a great easter :-)

Stevilmember
18 posts

Posted:
Posted a topic about some photo's of Confest. Hmmm well didn't mean to actually post a topic on the subject. Oh well. Will bring them around on Sat and again on Wed (Edin.). Will bring a couple of cameras on Wed too (lets hope that it isn't raining) so that we can get some more photo's.

Page: ...