Page: ......
tjoniBRONZE Member
116 posts

Posted:
Calling all firetwirlers drummers and dancers, or anyone wanting to learn the above.We are starting up a weekly gathering in Fitzroy area to share above skills with thoughts to starting up a troup to perform in Melbourne area in 2002. Beginners welcome as we can teach you!Expressions of interest most welcome. Happy New Year!

ubblove **edit August 2004** ubblove

Hello and welcome to any new fire friends visiting this thread! To save you reading through 30 pages of sturf, our weekly gathering is;

ubbloco Wednesday; Gathering at Edinborough Gardens, St Georges Rd, Nth Fitzroy, about 8pm onwards.

There is also a Sunday gathering at St Kilda. Check :St Kilda, Melbourne, Australia, posted by Footbag, for details.

All welcome!- beginners, experienced, spectators, drummers, and anyone else keen to check it out, come say hello! We don't bite but we do burn... wink

XXOO

[ 01. February 2003, 19:15: Message edited by: tjoni ]

I'm out of my mind...but you can leave a message

If you remain calm while all around you is collapsing...possibly you are missing something

OdinBRONZE Member
21 posts

Posted:
Today was the first session i missed out on since we began some weeks ago ...
was watching 'same same but different' at VAC - plus am sooooo bloody behind with my studies

exams begone!

At the windowsill ...

tjoniBRONZE Member
116 posts

Posted:
Ayy me lurvlies, t'was so good to see you again tonight, even if it was short and sweet! Big hugs to all friends old and new.
Big big hugs and thanks to Bender for the awesome new flier!!
Here are some important dates for your diaries if you haven't accidently burnt them to a crisp...
Saturday 9th November; PARTY PARTY PARTY!!!! We shall be gathering at the Edinborough Gardens from 7pm onwards for a BBQ, drinks and lots of FIRE!! If anyone can bring drums and drummmers it would be more than appreciated! Also we can use this time together to start to organise transport for the Eclipse Festival in December. EVERYBODY WELCOME!!
We also have a gathering for Eclipse Festival peoples to finalise transport on 24th November, in East Brunswick. For details please email me!
As always, looking forward to seeing your lovely faces and again!
XXXXOOOO

If you remain calm while all around you is collapsing...possibly you are missing something

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
Odin, we missed you!!!!! hope your Xhams are over soon and you will be back!!!

Tjoni, it was lovely to meet you last night ` hope to get a chance to chat with you at the next meet and such, xoxoxx

Distorted, STOP READING THIS AND GO STUDY! slacker.... and check your pm's girly `

everyone else, xoxoxox *bighugz*
Spring glorious spring!

Currently on the right side up of the world.

queen of wandsmember
127 posts

Posted:
Thankyou SO much everyone for making me feel so welcome and letting me have a twirl. Haven't twirled with fire for a couple of months and was beginning to forget what an amazing feeling it is. Will definately be back for more next week.

The 9th sounds really good... will be bringing muchies and firewater...

I'm not vegetarian, but currently I'm off my chops!

Distorted Silencemember
217 posts

Posted:
Whooo! One exam over! four more to go!! waaah...

I got credit credit! i got credit credit...

I once went to an avocado smoothie shop, but they were all out of jumpers.

False story.

You've got to move fast to beat the Devil - Your arm's too short to box with God.

queen of wandsmember
127 posts

Posted:
Well done for that exam! I got one comin up next friday, as well as two major assignments due in next week... something tells me im not going anywhere cup weekend

Distorted Silencemember
217 posts

Posted:
I WISH i had something to do this weekend...

Im uber bored

You've got to move fast to beat the Devil - Your arm's too short to box with God.

tjoniBRONZE Member
116 posts

Posted:
Hija lurvlies! Sooo looking forward to next weekend...Everyone please pray for rain now so that the skies dry out for the 9th!
Flynt, lovely to meet you too hon. Sorry was a bit sidetracked last wed with peoples I haven't seen for a while, but looking forward to sharing more with you and the cuddly spooky soon!
Queen, happy to hear you enjoyed our humble gathering! Yay lets share munchies next weekend, and maybe some fire tricks too!!
Distorted, hope you find something to entertain yourself with!!..how aboooot some fire?,,and good luck on your exams!
Hey I still don't know half of your hop names so when we meet on wednesdays can you guys tell me so I know who I'm talking to? Thanks luvs.
Has anyone seen Earthdreamer? If you're out there hon I hope to see you soon!!!
Luvs to all fire bugs! XXOO

queen of wandsmember
127 posts

Posted:
Just a short note to say I'll be @ the weekend gathering, will be too busy to come to wed night unfortunately. Damn procrastination of uni wrk...

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
okay I'll be preparing copies of the wednesday-Edinburgh flyer (duplicates are b&w, the colour ones are for use as master copies) and will have heaps for everyone to distribute faster than you can say 'old growth forest.'
be thee warned'th.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

tjoniBRONZE Member
116 posts

Posted:
Helloooo again! It's a bit late notice but tomorrow (Tuesday) there is a PBS benfit concert at CERES, Lee St, East Brunswick. Have heaps of bands playing from midday till about 8pm. They will have a cover charge, it's usually about 10 bucks. Hope to see you there! XXOO

queen of wandsmember
127 posts

Posted:

Just randomly thinking... how do you peeps feel about a beach twirl sometime this month? Edinburgh gardens are fantastic dont get me wrong... But the beaches down sandringham/brighton way are really quiet and rather beautiful at sunset especially.

So --> beer, munchies, fire and a sunset beach...
Anyone interested?

- queen of wands -

battered_ratmember
40 posts

Posted:
i agree with ms queen of wands, heiness, i used to go down to brighton beach, near the yatch club, with a few of my mates who live near there, until my staff got stolen, the beach is always deserted, and it is MASSIVE.
i'll probably be down there on the weekend around 30th november and i'd be extatic to meet up with a few of you, considering i can't really make wednesday's gatherings, damn school.
righto, pm me or just post somethin on this.

The weekend has landed, all that exists now is clubs, drugs, pubs and parties, I got 48 hours off from the world. This could be the best night of my life, I've got 73 quid in my backburner and I'm gonna wax the lot, man.THE MILKY BARS ARE ON ME!!

Distorted Silencemember
217 posts

Posted:
I have coffee. Hail coffee.

I cannot hear anything. My ears are going

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeee
etc...

Reel Big Fish were loud.

True Story.

tjoniBRONZE Member
116 posts

Posted:
Funny you should mention that Queen, as Bender and I were discussing earlier this evening that maybe a Sunday twirl at St Kilda would be nice. Maybe a late afternoon session to learn new moves and then early evening so all 9-5ers can get home at a reasonable hour. How do you lovely fire peoples feel about this?
XOXOXO

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
gee, thats funny...... i thought i mentioned something about sunday arvo beach twirls about a month ago....

`

WHAT A GREAT IDEA!
lol

falloutboySILVER Member
remember
433 posts

Posted:
sounds like a plan to me~!

*makes self into sandwich*

-As angels debate chance and fate-
i was riding through melbourne on a midget giraffe, things were peachy.

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
any early spinners for foodles today? its a great day for frisbee,
HINT HINT falloutboy..... `

BernoSILVER Member
21 posts

Posted:
hail!! Twirlers,
I cant find the thread on where and when you meet on a Wednesday.
I will be coming to Melbourne in a couple of months and would like to catch up, so would someone let me know where you play.

Or// if there are any other gatherings???!!!

And, if any one is coming to Cairns, there is a gathering every Friday night at Lake Placid,..... Its getting bigger and bigger with a couple of DJ's and regular drummers, almost running out of room to dance!......... Spread the word!!

Distorted Silencemember
217 posts

Posted:
This is that thread...

Usually we meet @ Edinborough gardens, fitzroy, at 8pm (now seeing its daylight savings)

BernoSILVER Member
21 posts

Posted:
Thanks! DS, I guess I shall meet you in a couple of months then, I dont know when, but hopefully sometime around the BDO.
My gear gets to fly!!!

Just want to say.... I love your signature.... Excellent imagery!....

Distorted Silencemember
217 posts

Posted:
Why thankyou

I might see you around then, and if ure going to BDO, might so you there too!

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
Berno! looking forward to meeting you in a few months then! As Storted (im gonna call you that from now on, ok Olga?) said, we meet every wednesday at Edinburgh Gardens (on Brunswick street) at 8:30, but if you let us know when you are coming, we can certainly put on a feed or something before spinning! (we do most nights anyways......) `

queen of wandsmember
127 posts

Posted:
Cool nanas! Im looking forward to that so much... Im always interested in finding beautiful locations to twirl in... late arvo would be really nice, going to sunset.. mmm....

When I come to the wed nights (not this wk, too busy, but week after), i'll bring a few cds with me. What do you guys like to twirl/eat/vegetate/talk codshit to? I got dnb, psytrance, tech, ninja tune type stuff...

- queen of wands -

battered_ratmember
40 posts

Posted:
YAY, finally a twirl that ISN'T in the middle of the week, sunday sounds grrrrreat, lookin forward to actually meeting some of your and puttin faces to names, name a time and place and i'll be there with bells on.....ok i won't have any bells..but i'll still be there.

The weekend has landed, all that exists now is clubs, drugs, pubs and parties, I got 48 hours off from the world. This could be the best night of my life, I've got 73 quid in my backburner and I'm gonna wax the lot, man.THE MILKY BARS ARE ON ME!!

BernoSILVER Member
21 posts

Posted:
Cool! Looking forward......

tjoniBRONZE Member
116 posts

Posted:
hija me lurvlies. Nice to see you luvs again tonight even if I was a bit sleepy. How aboooot we say 6pm on Sundays so we have some daylight for learning new sturf and eating etc.. trying to think of a good place but..(lurv my grammar at this time of night)I thought maybe near the pier at St Kilda, or the parklands at the end of Fitzroy St...open to suggestions though. By the way, do we want to twirl on the beach or do peoples prefer grass? (to twirl on I mean...)XXOO

6,978 posts

Posted:
i just got word that jugglejam consider us to be poachers, due to the flyer i put up at juggleart's billboard. I got a terse email from someone who was very quick to point out that 'jugglejam is 10 years old' and that we're poaching away their $$$ because of our 'classes.' Oh man it's poeple like him that really missed the boat on community. I guess if he's so quick to brand us, then my continued promotion of jugglejam (we finished today about 2 hours after they did) is the only thing i can do to help them see the community-minded point of view. Instead of compassion, i only smelled fear in his response.

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Oops, slips, had to edit to correct a few mistakes.

Bender, that’s a bummer. I don’t see the problem. I think you/we are probably increasing his business.

Anyhow, I thought juggle jam was getting overcrowded, and I've heard it said that "poi is for jugglers who can’t let go"

Will try and drop in on the eddy gardens barbie sat night for a bit of a twirl.

Cach ya

[ 07 November 2002, 15:04: Message edited by: Stone ]

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

6,978 posts

Posted:
the dude that told me to either stop promoting wed night or move our night altogether is not juggleart, he's associated himself with the people nextdoor.
juggleart be good.
with 2 emails so far, he's basically established that we should move or not do wednesdays at all cus we're not like his 10 year old establishment that are "well planned undertakings, particularly those that take every body else's needs into consideration, encourage growth and, above all else, are non competitive."

he's written these horrible emails to me branding me all manner of nasty things adding that "I think if you did a little research you would find that I am quite an approachable person who supports and encourages new and creative ideas on a more than regular basis."

i would imagine that if money were not an issue, then he would not be calling me such nasty things.

i am so angry that it's spoilt my day again.. grrr

Page: ......