Page: ......
tjoniBRONZE Member
116 posts

Posted:
Calling all firetwirlers drummers and dancers, or anyone wanting to learn the above.We are starting up a weekly gathering in Fitzroy area to share above skills with thoughts to starting up a troup to perform in Melbourne area in 2002. Beginners welcome as we can teach you!Expressions of interest most welcome. Happy New Year!

ubblove **edit August 2004** ubblove

Hello and welcome to any new fire friends visiting this thread! To save you reading through 30 pages of sturf, our weekly gathering is;

ubbloco Wednesday; Gathering at Edinborough Gardens, St Georges Rd, Nth Fitzroy, about 8pm onwards.

There is also a Sunday gathering at St Kilda. Check :St Kilda, Melbourne, Australia, posted by Footbag, for details.

All welcome!- beginners, experienced, spectators, drummers, and anyone else keen to check it out, come say hello! We don't bite but we do burn... wink

XXOO

[ 01. February 2003, 19:15: Message edited by: tjoni ]

I'm out of my mind...but you can leave a message

If you remain calm while all around you is collapsing...possibly you are missing something

battered_ratmember
40 posts

Posted:
Well it didn't last long, one week streak of making it to sunday sessions, but i have a reason he cries, i'm off to philip island for a weekend and few weekdays of shinanigans, sorry all, i think alan might be making an appearace, so don't be disheartened, make the trip and have some fun for me.

Phill

The weekend has landed, all that exists now is clubs, drugs, pubs and parties, I got 48 hours off from the world. This could be the best night of my life, I've got 73 quid in my backburner and I'm gonna wax the lot, man.THE MILKY BARS ARE ON ME!!

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
rougie needs to get herself into gear and pick up the poi (which i havent done all year cos of school, then spend the first week of the holidays with a sprained ankle spank) cos im hopfully going to be heading st kilda way on sunday night!!!!!!!!

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
no rougie on sunday night ubbcrying

i have the screening of the Shoot Out Film Festial (im a prelim judge, otherwise i'd twirl!). which leaves me wondering if i am ever going to get to melbourne to tiwrl! frown but i'll get there again! i will i will i will!!!!

see you all soon! (hopefully!!!)
beerchug

Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
I will be bringing a couple of new girls for Sunday's twirl. I met them whilst practising in a park nearby. They've been twirling for a about 4 months and are keen to learn some more tricks.

Geez, I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
I hope there will be a better turnout to Sundays twirling session this week! I will again be making the trip hoping others will be there. Last week I turned up only to sit around for 45 minutes with no one turning up. Come on guys get keen!
Remember 5 pm at Luna Park, not 7pm or even 8pm.

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
i'd be there more often it i had my own transport and no school in the morning frown

pengwinoBRONZE Member
suitable for vegetarians
300 posts

Posted:
i will be there not this sunday but the one after (25th) -- can't wait!!

animals who are not penguins can only wish they were

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
Quote:

i will be there not this sunday but the one after (25th) -- can't wait!!

^^ cool McGools!
also, i am preparing a website of the latest series of Edinburgh gardens photos, so more firey luverliness is coming your way! peace

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
I'm looking forward to the pics.
Yet again no one at the Sunday twirl thingy. I spent an hour or so practising by myself. If anyone is going this Sunday can you give me a PM or send a message. I might have to venture out to Edinburgh gardens.

6,978 posts

Posted:
hey man i was in the same boat almost two yeers ago wif the wednesday night twirl.
so i made up a flyer (the link to which is on this tread...somewhere!) and passed it around the close family that we call the melb fire community. Peeps forget details, lose dates, fall outta trees, so a little reminder on a paper dun hurt!
Perhaps it would be useful to use your passion to put up a notice on a community board or better yet start a St Kilda, Victoria thread so that people notice it's existence when they give the events and gathering sections a cursory glance. I live in the westssiiide and would rock more often as hangovers allow.

be safe and keeponaburnin weavesmiley

ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
I'm still very keen, and will keep practising. I'm a lot better now.
I'll keep turning up even if others do not. This weekend i'm on call for work, so whether I turn up will be based if I get called or not.
Are the Wednesday things still happening at 8ish?

Wizz-er-pops
206 posts

Posted:
Hey,

I will be in Melbourne with my toys on sunday 2nd May. Would love to meet up with some people to spin. weavesmiley

Will anyone be making an apperance and what time.

Hope to see you all then

Wizz

Poi... it's an obsession.

6,978 posts

Posted:
Quote:

I'll keep turning up even if others do not.

biggrin total RESPECT biggrin
(fire groupies rock up at 8pm ish - most other about 9-930ish..pm!)

wizz 'twould be nice to cross firey paths!

ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
I don't know what night your talking about bender. The Sunday meets at Luna Park now start at 5pm. It's earlier so that youngen's (new to the sport... not age smile) like myself can get the benifit of learning off others, while there is still some sunlight.
The Wednesday night Edinburgh thing starts at 8/9pm. That's the big night.
The Sunday you refer to (May 2nd) I will be rocking up at 5:30 (late due to work)

6,978 posts

Posted:
sowwies mate!! i was in answer to your question, but left out to whom!!
Quote:

Are the Wednesday things still happening at 8ish?

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
I'll be heading to the St Kilda spins as many times as I can from here on in - I lost track of the time the last couple of sundays.

It'll be a nice change to spin in the daylight smile

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

pengwinoBRONZE Member
suitable for vegetarians
300 posts

Posted:
I will be there tomorrow! Just look out for long pink braids and that will be me. I am excited cos yesterday in Canberra in a discovery-store type place I finally found some of those squidgy spikey things that flash like a mad-thing when you sqeeze them and make excellent poi.. I got 3 (last 3 in the shop) for $9 ubbrollsmile so can't wait to have a proper play with them.

Gosh I can't believe it's tomorrow I am coming to this spin, I've been reading about it for so long! Flynt I need to pm you, will do now, hope you are still ok to meet me as I am still scared to go alone! ubblol

see you all tomorrow... wave

animals who are not penguins can only wish they were

ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
Sorry about that Bender, my mistake.

On the other note... Yeah, someone is coming to the Sunday twirl biggrin. Hopefully the whether isn't too bad, and I don't get called in to work.

6,978 posts

Posted:
ahh spose i'll rawk up too if i can make it to melbourne in time on sun!
hooray for meet things. biggrin

ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
Geez my spelling is bad. The *weather* wasn't too bad.

T'was a reasonable turnout, great to see. I should have pressed you guys for more trick tuition. This morning, I managed to hit reverse 5 beat weave (8 cycles) after Flynt had shown me 4 beat weaves (forward direction).

Got plenty of time off this week. smile Much practice needed.
EDITED_BY: footbag (1082978293)

Wizz-er-pops
206 posts

Posted:
My plane lands at 5.30 on sunday but I will dump my stuff and head off into the night to find some spinners. If I do not make it I will back in town the next weekend to try and find ya.

See you all soon

izzie

6,978 posts

Posted:
remember to bring your laughing pants!

Wizz-er-pops
206 posts

Posted:
ok, didnt have any laughing pants so I went op shopping today and bought a real cheap pair of giggle pants. Hope they will surfice.
Cant make this sunday frown, going to Queenstown instead smile. But I will be in Melbourne for sunday the 9th wearing my giggle pants. I will be the one with the long blondish hair that no-one can recognise, hanging at the edge, looking nervous. Please come and say hello. (where has the hand waving gremlin gone! he was my favorite)
Hope to see you then
Wizz

6,978 posts

Posted:
giggle pants yoo say.
i quake in fear at it's exuberance and tickel my spell checker in delight.

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
i'mm posting this well in advace so people can remind me! and pester me!

on the weekend of the 5th and 6th of june, i actually have a 4-day weekend...so i'm planning on going up to melbourne that sunday night for a twirl. that will of course depend on a lot of things as per-normal (parents, how sick i'm feeling cos i turn 18 that weekend, etc) but that is my intention! i havent been twirling for AGES and i really want to go!!!!

so pester me! and remind me!

ubblove

ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
Yes last Sunday weather wise, was an absolute shocker. Fellow twirlers, don't let it deter you this weekend.

6,978 posts

Posted:
30 days to go, mate! biggrin

RainbowBRONZE Member
8 posts

Posted:
Hi Guiz.
The weather looks good for today.
I'm looking forward to get to StKilda after dark.
I have a brand new pair of Strobing, Rechargeable Light - Pois ubbidea.
I want to take some photos of them in action - they will look wicked !
Hope there will be people to give them a spin !
My drums and guitar are still in the car (haven't taken them out for 2 weeks)
Will bring my other toys too.
Hope to see you fire-devils there weavesmiley
Exited ! ubbrollsmile

Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty

Wizz-er-pops
206 posts

Posted:
Wa hoo, made it to Melbourne..... Ok now if i can just find those spinners.....

Wizz-er-pops
206 posts

Posted:
Right I am in St Kilda as I type. Now I am going to walk along the beach to Luna park via the Baths and a Rotunda (all of which I am told you spin at) and if I dont find anyone, I am going to be very upset. Okay here i go, out into the dark....Waaaah I'm scared. I cant even work out how to get back to the city after! Oh my lord I just did a very embarrassing sneeze in the internet cafe. Dont you hate it when that happens.....oh lord look at the time.......off I go.........

Page: ......