Page: ......
tjoniBRONZE Member
116 posts

Posted:
Calling all firetwirlers drummers and dancers, or anyone wanting to learn the above.We are starting up a weekly gathering in Fitzroy area to share above skills with thoughts to starting up a troup to perform in Melbourne area in 2002. Beginners welcome as we can teach you!Expressions of interest most welcome. Happy New Year!

ubblove **edit August 2004** ubblove

Hello and welcome to any new fire friends visiting this thread! To save you reading through 30 pages of sturf, our weekly gathering is;

ubbloco Wednesday; Gathering at Edinborough Gardens, St Georges Rd, Nth Fitzroy, about 8pm onwards.

There is also a Sunday gathering at St Kilda. Check :St Kilda, Melbourne, Australia, posted by Footbag, for details.

All welcome!- beginners, experienced, spectators, drummers, and anyone else keen to check it out, come say hello! We don't bite but we do burn... wink

XXOO

[ 01. February 2003, 19:15: Message edited by: tjoni ]

I'm out of my mind...but you can leave a message

If you remain calm while all around you is collapsing...possibly you are missing something

pyrotekGOLD Member
old man fire
27 posts

Posted:
Is edinburgh gardens still happening on wednesday nights?

it kinda died off a few months ago when we had rain on 4 straight wednesdays (then 6 dry days .. typical aussie drought) and i been out of town .. is it gonna start again now the weather is getting warmer again?

i don't get it .. people who refuse to play with fire or excersize because it's too cold .. does it make sense to ANYONE?

i mean, with alexandria gardens on sundays, is anyone bothering with wednesdays any more?

who wants to be wisely selfish? who the hell wants to be wise?
burn 'em, i says!
burn 'em all!

hm .. it's my birthday on sunday .. i wonder how many people i can get away with setting fire to ....

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
perhaps you arrive too early to catch peoples.
please qualify your assertion that it has died off. Does that mean that you have been attending every single week to know the attendance so well?
i came last night and yes it was raining - the last several weeks went OFF!
many, many people have been attending the weekly fire sessions lately, it is the oldest active fire meet in our fair state.
The problem is that people keep removing the flyer i put up(!)

As for what you believe about the usefulness of wisdom, you are entitled to your opinion, as am I.

Hope to see you next week!
ps there will be a big beach party at half moon bay - stacks of firey types spinning will be there!
BIll

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

TyrGOLD Member
Simplicity Convoluter & Cabbage Friend
126 posts
Location: In the shadow of the wolf (somewhere over melbourn...

Posted:
Hay Yes I'm with the Bendy Man, Edenborough still going strong and always will - it's an ace place to play.

Last night I considered going - walked outside, had my ears blow backwards and decided even if the rain did hold off it wasn't gunna be much of a night - that said it wouldn't have surprised me if people did show despite the weather - It's a dedicated crowd of compulsive finger burners who show and my hats off to them wink

Come play next Wed - unless the weather is terrible there will always be someone there and nights have been mostly lovely since Spring started. (they start late 8.30 - 9pm'ish so your problem might be that your getting there too early if you have been going smile)

P.s Sorry I didn't make it to your house warming Bender - I came down with some evil nasty throat thing that night and didn't get to any of the 12 things I was soposed to attend. Hope the night was awesome and you is all settled in smile Ooow - Yay [Old link] , Hope I can wing some time to get there.

TTFN ubbrollsmile

“What are you creatures of Fantastica? Dreams, poetic inventions, characters in a neverending story.”
Gmork
‘The Neverending Story’

6,978 posts

Posted:
woop! last night was sickness, but now my hair is singed.

also, if any melb types want a complimentary ticket to november ec and are free to perform in the city at:

Friday 5th November 4:00pm-5:30pm

Saturday 6th November 1:00pm-2:30pm

Wednesday 10th November

Friday 12th November

Wednesday 17th November

Friday 19th November

Wednesday 24th November

Friday 26th November

please PM me well before those dates!!

Bill

ps the month is correct now.
EDITED_BY: bender™ (1099615298)

spherespinnermember
38 posts

Posted:
Reply before those dates.... ubbloco

Sorry mate.. are u meaning November? Or is this some other weird world u r referring too... !!

Bye bye bye for now... and yay for earth core....... tis gonna be fun.. so u all be there....

hug weavesmiley
Jo biggrin

smile
Start chasing dreams.... one day u may catch them..

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Earthcore eh??? that is so freaking tempting! Aw shyte! I'm rowing that weekend!

but my exams are also almost over! and i am itching to get to melbourne to twirl! havent picked up my poi in AGES!!!

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

ZoltarBRONZE Member
Beginner
282 posts

Posted:
Free tickets sound most generous Mr Bender....unfortunately those dates are ever so busy for me.
Luckily my good Zoltress won an "Earthcore tickets for life" competition a few years ago.:) We get two tickets to every Earthcore event of the year..... for life!!!! ubblove ubblove ubblove

See you there

So much fire, so little body hair...

ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
Hey Bender, congrats on the COL video. Cant go to Earthcore, i'm working that weekend. Sounds like loads of fun.

Geez, I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

6,978 posts

Posted:
wow the sumemr crowd has returned already!!
thanks all your drummer people for providing the energy!
now to spread the word as the heat returns to the weather!

BrassMonkeymember
71 posts

Posted:
AAaaaarrrgghhh! *cough* *choke*

Don´t talk to me about Summer. I´m stuck here in blllllloody Cologne, in the freezing cold, trying to sell the truck so I can pay everyone back and try and get home. It´s been a great adventure, though.

Miss you all, even those of you I don´t know. this is the first time I´ve looked at HoP for a veeeery long time. Keep the fires burning and the drums drumming until I get back, hopefully at the end of Jan.

See ya in the park.

Time's fun when you're having flies

TyrGOLD Member
126 posts

Posted:
We'll bash on some sticks and fire up a drum for you next week to hearald your return wink

(preview of da drummerie peoples face ' eek ' *giggle*)

*A tribute to the return of da BrassMonkey* *yay*

“What are you creatures of Fantastica? Dreams, poetic inventions, characters in a neverending story.”
Gmork
‘The Neverending Story’

6,978 posts

Posted:
WOW last night was MASSIVE!!
a hot, still night with a massive, cordial crowd!!
so many dummers, twirlers and party people, surely last night was a record!!!
bill

TyrGOLD Member
126 posts

Posted:
So I heard; 80+ turn out at some points yes? So mopie I missed it - Twas my mothers Birthday so I couldn't attend frown ...it sounded fantastic though! biggrin biggrin biggrin

Yay people are coming out of the woodwork!

Gmork
‘The Neverending Story’

TyrGOLD Member
126 posts

Posted:

Hay - For any who don't know...

Kingfisher Festival is happening this Sat 20 at Ceres Community Farm 3pm till late - should be some good fire happening just on dark - 8pm onwards - check it out if your free.

Ceres
Cnr Roberts & Blyth St
Brunswick
Mel Ref: 30 B 7

TTFN Firie peoples ubbrollsmile

Gmork
‘The Neverending Story’

6,978 posts

Posted:
i like fire and kings of fishers.

SlightlySingedGOLD Member
82 posts

Posted:
*coming out of the woodwork and praying for good weather this Wednesday...* Damn it, I've been spending my weeks in Sydney for work frown Anyone had problems taking fire poi on a plane.....? I had to explain what my practice chain-poi were at the metal detectors last week *rolls eyes* so I don't know how they'd handle fire poi...

EARTHCORE!!!! *bounce bounce bounce*

Any1 getting the earthcore bus up?

I do poi nearly every day. But it's not like I'm addicted or anything. I mean, sure, I am always conscious of exactly where my poi are at all times, but I'm not obsessed. um.. Anyone have the number for Poi-ers Anon?

6,978 posts

Posted:
i like buses and erotic cakes.
yum transport.

TyrGOLD Member
126 posts

Posted:
Big Gathering this SUN - don't miss!

(This is most of a goup email going out tonight - get on peoples cases and lets have a fun big week of firie goodness!!!! biggrin)

Calling ALL Firies!!!
Another BIG get together scheduled for this Sunday!

Exams are over and good weather is upon us so now's the time to fire up and come out and play.

With Earthcore just gone and some big upcoming festivals we have many overseas / out of state twirlers in Melbourne at the moment.

Both Edenborough Gardens on Wed and Alexandria Gardens on Sunday will be Big events this week - fuel up, fire up and come out - you won't regret it.
Come out and show our guests a good time and be inspired by the different styles of fire - we have some very talented people in our midst.*

*Also remember these nights are for everyone no matter what your skill level so don't be shy, come out and have fun - Gatherings are really friendly and people will welcome you even if you don't know anyone - just come up and introduce yourself! smile

Sunday Alexandra Gardens
There has been some confusion. Sundays at Alexandra Gardens is a permanent event and happens every week , 7pm till late, hosted by the fabulous Artaxia (Brendan) for Firie and circus people alike. It's a great central location for everyone!
Particularly this Sunday a large turn out is expected and desired . We have guests from out of town and a contingent of firies who have been closeted up with end of year crazies - Break free for the evening even if your life's still mad and come let you hair down. Bring your toys, munchies, picnic blankets, music, etc - whatever will make your night and come out and play!

Drummers wanted on mass!!! This is an event for everyone so come join. (CD players will be on hand if they're slack though so bring music if you want too)

Birthday Announcement!
P.s If you are coming on Sunday and want to embarrass him, it is a guy called Ross's birthday.
Find him and wish him a happy birthday…then watch him blush wink

Become re-inspired, socialize or show off – what ever your passion come share it but remember it's up to you guy's so no pikers!

Cheers and look forward to seeing Alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll you guy's there!!!! D.

If you are not on the Fire Mailing list and would like to be (you will only get infrequent emails regarding upcoming fire events (melbourne only!) - email crystalflame@mail.com with 'Please add me to mailing list' in the subject field.

Gmork
‘The Neverending Story’

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
ooh! i'm so going to ask my folks! and ill tell them it's a special night so i might have more of a chance!!

Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

TyrGOLD Member
126 posts

Posted:
YAY Rouge biggrin

Tonight!
"Wednesday A little rain clearing early morning then a few showers developing. A mostly cloudy day with moderate to fresh southwesterly winds."

Sounds like it ain't gunna be warm like the last few weeks but hopefully da rain stays away (fingers crossed).
I'll be there but late so keep a candle burning for me (stupid show) and I'll sees ya all there unless the heavens really open smile

TTFN and have fun lovely peoples.

Gmork
‘The Neverending Story’

6,978 posts

Posted:
thanks man!

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
aw CRAP!!! It's my chior break up that night!!!

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*goes to the corner to sulk*

I'm going to get my arse to melb for a spin before i bloody leave!!!!

Skadaor Wench, or Mo
134 posts

Posted:
Hello my darlings...remember me? Miss Maureen from distant america? Just putting out a word cause ill be in new zealand in 5 days, and if any of my dear aussie spinners know some dear kiwi spinners, id love to meet up, and maybe get some help for a few days with someplace to sleep? Figured you all could be my references for safe dirty hippie-esque girl looking for people to play with. wink I haven't a penny to my name, but I'm coming back home at last. Stopping in NZ for a lil while, then back to Melbourne for some firey fun......took a bit longer than expected, but be warned, im baaaaack. Mwahahahaha.

~set the afore mentioned WORD on the floor and sits expectantly~

I Am NOt a ToASTeR!

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Hi Tyr, check this technical mumbo jumbo - 256km Melbourne Radar Loop from BOM.

Think u should have taught me that dance. It’s a nice sunny day where I am at the moment, but Melb don’t look so good. Forecast for Wednesday - Cloudy with rain periods and the chance of a thunderstorm. Fresh to locally strong southeasterly wind. I should be there unless the heavens really open up.

Hi Skada, your coming back to Melburp then cool

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

pyrotekGOLD Member
old man fire
27 posts

Posted:
baboogala !!

just seeing who is going to help torch the confest site.

SOUND OFF

Jeff pyrotek the rat ..

6,978 posts

Posted:
time to open up a big ol' can o' fwirlage this week biggrin

6,978 posts

Posted:
yaaaaaay!!!! so many people when nights are warm!!!

***peteSILVER Member
38 posts

Posted:
Is the sunday night twirling still going ahead down at the three palm trees? And also what about wednesdayt nights down at Edinburgh gardens?

Been meening to come down latley but havent known if it is still active.

ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
Both nights are still happening. Sunday's have been a little small on numbers recently due some regulars not being able to attend.
I cant get down this Sunday due to work commitments, but will be there the week after.

Geez, I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

pyrotekGOLD Member
old man fire
27 posts

Posted:
i is gonna be there at alexandra tonight 16th .. wif new toys .. i just hope the trains run nice and late

mu hu hua ha ha ha hah aa haa ha ha *koff* *koff* *splutter* *wheeze*

Page: ......