Page: ......
tjoniBRONZE Member
116 posts

Posted:
Calling all firetwirlers drummers and dancers, or anyone wanting to learn the above.We are starting up a weekly gathering in Fitzroy area to share above skills with thoughts to starting up a troup to perform in Melbourne area in 2002. Beginners welcome as we can teach you!Expressions of interest most welcome. Happy New Year!

ubblove **edit August 2004** ubblove

Hello and welcome to any new fire friends visiting this thread! To save you reading through 30 pages of sturf, our weekly gathering is;

ubbloco Wednesday; Gathering at Edinborough Gardens, St Georges Rd, Nth Fitzroy, about 8pm onwards.

There is also a Sunday gathering at St Kilda. Check :St Kilda, Melbourne, Australia, posted by Footbag, for details.

All welcome!- beginners, experienced, spectators, drummers, and anyone else keen to check it out, come say hello! We don't bite but we do burn... wink

XXOO

[ 01. February 2003, 19:15: Message edited by: tjoni ]

I'm out of my mind...but you can leave a message

If you remain calm while all around you is collapsing...possibly you are missing something

ElvenStarmember
10 posts

Posted:
hello kiddies. it's time for dragonic hour once again. i know you were all just dying for the next installment. hello!!!

if there are any spinners in the frankston area please let me know.

Budda-bing,Budda-boom.

battered_ratmember
40 posts

Posted:
hello everyone, long time no post on this thread, thought i might just keep it alive and kicking, also say that if wednesday is on, as it usually is, jesper alan and i may actually turn up as our exams will be OVER!!!!!! cept for the GAT, but crap on that.
oh yeah
BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP

Phill

The weekend has landed, all that exists now is clubs, drugs, pubs and parties, I got 48 hours off from the world. This could be the best night of my life, I've got 73 quid in my backburner and I'm gonna wax the lot, man.THE MILKY BARS ARE ON ME!!

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
the biggest worry in a Gat is whether your name is correct.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
Hi folks, so sorry for missing last night `
im a bit under the weather at the moment, if any of you have any spare fluffy thoughts or hugz, send em my way please? xoxoxox hope to be back soon!

Currently on the right side up of the world.

ShadowVmember
6 posts

Posted:
So whats this sunday night thingo near Luna Park my sister just told me about??? Shes got her poi now and wont shut up about it ..*Looks towards Flynt*... na its all cool... we should b there, she managed to convince me to make the effort. Ne ways Flynt hope u get better fast and I'll prolly see ya there too.

-I dont know if Im alive and dreaming or dead and remembering-

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
hi and apologies `

I'm a very sick lil girly right now, and dont know when i'll be able to get back to spinning. HUGE apologies to any lovelies that turned up on Sunday night, I am so so sorry I couldnt make it, and wasnt able to let anyone know either `

I hopefully will be better soon, probably a month at the most, so perhaps, until further notice Sunday spins might have to be much earlier? it gets dark really really early now, and very cold (which doesnt help my being sick) So for the next few weeks, I'll be turning up at Luna at five PM. If anyone is available to cover the later shift (ie: 7pm) please get in contact with me, because i really dont want to leave the session "unmanned"....

xoxoxo to all, hope to see you soon~

6,978 posts

Posted:
no bender for a while at wednesdaze.
i managed to get my lastest burn injury infected with staph infection. my arm looketh like a horror movie now had to go to hospital and now everyday twice daily i have antibiotics pumped into me intravenously.
and for some odd reason it makes me not-joyful

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
oh bender, i'm so sorry to hear that! *bighugz* hope it clears up soon man, thats gotta be icky

is there anyone still going to wednesdayz? i know cpt_shiner rang me the other week to see if anyone was going to show up....

oh, and have decided that sunday spins will be at Five PM next to Luna Park for a few months over winter. Spread the word!

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
That’s really sad Bender, hope it heals quickly

Is there anyone still going to wednesdayz? Wed is still seems popular, although we seem to be loosing a few (lots) of the regulars . U just never know.

Does anyone know for sure when and where Juggle Jam is located now??? I heard Gore Street, about 10 doors down from the Indian restaurant on Johnson St.

Catch Ya

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

RainbowBRONZE Member
8 posts

Posted:
Hi Peepls !
If anyone feels like a party this Saturday and likes to do some twirling I 'v got a couple of free entries to WINTER SOLSTICE Festival in Wombat Forrest. Come bring your toys etc... I am the guy with those rechargeable Light-Sticks by Feral Tec. If need a lift - I got some room ...
Give me a call on O42l8926ll . . .
More details on Winter Solstice at :https://www.oztrance.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi/YaBB.cgi?board=events;action=display;num=1049959020

Cheers ! Rainbow Architect

Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty

6,978 posts

Posted:
hey rainbow architect!
It's me, Bill!
I like your nose.

i wish i could make it to sat night.

tjoniBRONZE Member
116 posts

Posted:
Hellooo me darlin's
((((Bender))))) So sorry to hear you're not well Big hugs and white light to you!!!!Hope you get better soon...maybe this will help.. ..
Hope all else is wellin Melbournsville. Sorry I didn't get to say goodbyes to many people before I left. Has been a crazy time the last few months but my thoughts are with you guys, especially on Wednesdays!
I've ended up in Byron Bay...so much for fruit picking in Orange but hey what can I say? Just too pretty here. Heading to Nimbin to say 'hi' to the locals, then Qld for work as the fruit
season isn't on here in NSW.
Must organise a chat for us all- maybe the one on this site would be a good option. Must settle dowon a bit before I make chatty commitments tho.
Anyroad, take care me sweet darlin's. And super big hugs to Flynt, Bender, C.Shiner, and all lurvly Edinborough junkies!!!
XXOO Tjoni

I'm out of my mind...but you can leave a message

If you remain calm while all around you is collapsing...possibly you are missing something

AyellayenThe smart-arse who kisses Rouge's
128 posts

Posted:
Hey all. (S)Exams are apparently over (i don't know, I wasn't paying attention), and Phil and Jespa and I are up for a bit of fireyness. Well, me and Phil anyway, Jespa is "going away for a bit" well that's what he says... until the heat is off or something like that. I'll have a talky with Phil and maybe we'll make an entrance on Sunday. I'll have more info soon. Jespa, I'm going to break into your house to get my stuff.

It's my world - you all just happen to live in it.

battered_ratmember
40 posts

Posted:
I'll second alans motion there, i am definately up for some fireyness, i bought 5 litres of fire-water the other day and i haven't even opened it yet!!!!!
btw alan, why don't u just ring up jesper's place and speak to his dad or karlson and ask if u can go round and pick your stuff up, easy!
Looking forward to seeing everyone again down st.kilda on sunday, in other words, BE THERE!!! *points at screen as dipper would*

The weekend has landed, all that exists now is clubs, drugs, pubs and parties, I got 48 hours off from the world. This could be the best night of my life, I've got 73 quid in my backburner and I'm gonna wax the lot, man.THE MILKY BARS ARE ON ME!!

128 posts

Posted:
Yeah... I could ring... or I could break into his house?

6,978 posts

Posted:

missin yoo, hope you're well, tjoni!! me am well at the moment, though i guess catastrophe always looms behind every corner, ladder and llama i come across.

wednesday = fireness = wednesday!

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
well, hopefully you guys read the other recent posts and noticed that sundays now starts at five pm due to earlier darkness, more coldness, and pissweak yuk weather.

(you didnt, otherwise you would have BEEN there at five, like i was, having a lovely spin.)

see you next week or wednesday?
FIVE on sundays
8:30 on wednesdays, i'll be back this week, i cant hardly wait! zoinks!

cpt_shinermember
18 posts

Posted:
heya all, havnt attended for a while naughty me but ive been bloody busy past few weeks, hope to make it down soon. how is u feelin flynt?

Glad your all well and havin fun up north tjoni . Be sure to visit the tuntable falls in nimbin! ah wonderful (even tho i didnt make it all the way ). Have u run into our little pixie friend mr Christoph ov germany? I hear hes up in Byron at the moment stayin at the arts factory.

michael

128 posts

Posted:
Jespa, Phil and I will be there on Wednesday, we couldn't be bothered going to Jespas place to get our stuff yesterday.

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
Heya gang ` I"ll be there on wednesday! I'm starting to feel muchly better, and i actually went for a spin on sunday which was nice!

cpt_shiner, i've missed you! hope to see you wednesday to catch up?

Monkey boys! missed you guys too! will be hugz all round tomorrow night! xoxoxoxo

I've got a few gigs coming up shortly that i need other ppl to help with, will talk to you all weds night and see who's interested! cheers!

cpt_shinermember
18 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Flynt:
cpt_shiner, i've missed you! hope to see you wednesday to catch up?

should be there with those wick off cuts u need

6,978 posts

Posted:
will anyone be brining any spam? i wouldn't mind a spoonful.

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
bender, i could bring some camp pie? they're giving away tins at work again.... *shudder*

cpt, you're a legend hon! xoxox

6,978 posts

Posted:
it's really rather silly how your musckles contract so much during winter! I've lost heaps of agility recently, and post-winter solstice weather will probs be a good thing for all of our twirling.
did i mention that cold=sucks?

SlightlySingedGOLD Member
82 posts

Posted:
Really?! I've only been twirling for the last couple of months, so I don't know what it's like in hot weather! This is probably a really good time to learn, though.

I'm having difficulty doing any work today cause I'm excited about tonight... hehe...

I do poi nearly every day. But it's not like I'm addicted or anything. I mean, sure, I am always conscious of exactly where my poi are at all times, but I'm not obsessed. um.. Anyone have the number for Poi-ers Anon?

82 posts

Posted:
Sunday 5pm at St Kilda - where is it again? Next to Luna Park?

I do poi nearly every day. But it's not like I'm addicted or anything. I mean, sure, I am always conscious of exactly where my poi are at all times, but I'm not obsessed. um.. Anyone have the number for Poi-ers Anon?

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
sure is!

in the lovely palm tree area right next to luna. I'll be there at five, i'll also pm my moby number to you, in case it rains, or something, or you get lost.

128 posts

Posted:
Me and Jesp may be there, depends how strong I can make coffee...

82 posts

Posted:
Yay! Wednesday night twirlin at Edinborough Gardens!!

I'll be there with a few others at about 8:30pm. We're nearly all beginners, so don't be shy!! Come down and learn something new!! (it's not that cold once you're on fire )

6,978 posts

Posted:
Tonight was the first time I have ever tumbled into dog turd. ohhh i feeel soo dirrrty... I thought all the danger in tumbling came from the fire, not the bacterium!!

hey dave that's a wonderful thing you are doing by helping so many keen twirlers to learn! to teach is to learn twice, hey?
motorbikes are cool!

Page: ......