Page: ......
tjoniBRONZE Member
116 posts

Posted:
Calling all firetwirlers drummers and dancers, or anyone wanting to learn the above.We are starting up a weekly gathering in Fitzroy area to share above skills with thoughts to starting up a troup to perform in Melbourne area in 2002. Beginners welcome as we can teach you!Expressions of interest most welcome. Happy New Year!

ubblove **edit August 2004** ubblove

Hello and welcome to any new fire friends visiting this thread! To save you reading through 30 pages of sturf, our weekly gathering is;

ubbloco Wednesday; Gathering at Edinborough Gardens, St Georges Rd, Nth Fitzroy, about 8pm onwards.

There is also a Sunday gathering at St Kilda. Check :St Kilda, Melbourne, Australia, posted by Footbag, for details.

All welcome!- beginners, experienced, spectators, drummers, and anyone else keen to check it out, come say hello! We don't bite but we do burn... wink

XXOO

[ 01. February 2003, 19:15: Message edited by: tjoni ]

I'm out of my mind...but you can leave a message

If you remain calm while all around you is collapsing...possibly you are missing something

BernoSILVER Member
21 posts

Posted:
HEY!!!!!! EVERYONE!!!!!
I'm back, it''s been a while, but I have been REALLY busy, and I didnt want to make any more empty promises. But now it is official.
Terry and I will be in Nimbin for the Mardi Grass, and then catching a late flight from Brisbane (so we can catch the Rally) and will be in St Kilda at about 8.30 on Sunday 4th AMay. So everyone light up your best toys and lets jam!!
and GUESS WHAT!!! We're bringing the Relay with us (catch up on the relay on the "the relay has arrived" thread.)
So.....BENDER - you'd better be there.....am really looking forward. - you too tjoni.
Do you guys still bring munchies??
And... does any one have any solvex...... actually I might be able to get some before we get there.
Oh! and dont forget, if any one is coming up to Cairns, the Friday Fire Jam at the AJ Hackett Bungy centre.!!!! Lets get Tribal!
xoxoxoxoxox B

SEE YOU THEN.
Oh! and one last question, is any one going to be at the Mardi Grass?

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
yay hooray for Berno!
meechtya there n stuff!
this post is not haiku.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
sorries to the folks that showed up sun night at St Kildie this weekend! I was fairly wacked after the gig satdee night, so kinda fell asleep and didnt make it.... my bad! `

*HUGZ* see you zany folks zis vednezday, ya?
xoxox Flynty

Currently on the right side up of the world.

Jespamember
21 posts

Posted:
the giggy thing WAS pretty good though...
almost worth missing out on sunday session for...
and it was great meeting Zoltar... showed me what can be done based around the butterfly...
dontcha love it how as soon as you put together one set of moves... someone blows you away with another...
yay!!!! more stuff to screw around with...
cya around the school holidays Zoltar... looking foward to spinning with you again...
and thanks flynty for inviting me to gig...

Cheers

I have a deep and painful spiritual problem...I've fallen over and can't reach the vodka...help......please...?!?!

AyellayenThe smart-arse who kisses Rouge's
128 posts

Posted:
Mmmm, giggy things...

It's my world - you all just happen to live in it.

Jespamember
21 posts

Posted:
hey flynty....
not sure if i can make it tonight...
will try to go... but may well be under the influence of a certain drink...
but if i'm still sober..ish... i'll be there...

cheers

I have a deep and painful spiritual problem...I've fallen over and can't reach the vodka...help......please...?!?!

128 posts

Posted:
Hey I've uploaded the photos I recieved from Jespa.

Firey Page

There's mainly Phil and I there, but there's a Flynt, and Josh in there. We can add to that next week.

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
NIIIIIIIICE! simply spectacular sir, i am dupidibly impressed (but still unable to spell)

` love the captions,

For those of you who remember meeting a lovely little blonde chick from chicago and the St Kilda Festival a few months back, guess what!! Lix is coming back! (score!) and she's only here for two nights, the 11th (this thursday) and the 14th (monday night)

Looking for any eager spinners who want to meet up, she's wonderful and enthusiastic and great fun to hang out with, so let me know if anyone wants to meet up for a fairly early spin session (probably 7-9) and we can do some fwirling! HOORAY!

6,978 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Flynt:
... the 11th (this thursday) and the 14th (monday night).... (probably 7-9) and we can do some fwirling!
sounds good. where? there's a cool bhuddist presentation on Lygon St that evevning also,

Jespamember
21 posts

Posted:
hey flynty...
not a thankyou or any credit whatsoever for me taking the photos... hmm... thanx...jk
i cant make it tomorrow night...
but send me details about the 14th...
should be able to burn then...

Cheers

128 posts

Posted:
Yeah, don't worry I missed the "Pics taken by Jespa" bit too.

Yeah, we'll be on 'olidays from the 11th onward (which is a Friday funnily enough, not a Thursday).
So if it's a thursday, then we can't make it, but if you're up to something on Friday, count us (Jespa, Phil and I) in for it.
Talk to Jespa about it.

Jespamember
21 posts

Posted:
lolz yeah good point...
phlynty....is it thursday??? or friday??? or even saturday... i'm lost...
all i know is that we finish on friday...YAY...
i wanna get more photos...
photos are good...need photos to show off to ppl...showing off is good...did i type that out loud??... damn...
and we need more 'pegasol' as well....
i'm bored...
to use phlynts quote...
'escalators!!!!'

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Jespa:
phlynty....is it thursday??? or friday???
PHlynty?? PHLYNTY?
are you trying to turn me into another phillopastry or something? seriously, its an F! grrrr

my apologies, it is this thursday, that which is being today, the tenth. (i've forgotten how to read apparently) and she arrives tonight. Doubtful she'll be up for spinning tonight, but definately on the 14th that which will be being a monday.... Most likely meeting point will be Alexander gardens, its fairly easy for everyone to get to

xoxoxxoxox
Flynt
"lay tahs!"

128 posts

Posted:
Excellent! RTS tomorrow, spinny session sunday, and out again monday. Life is good!

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
Hi Folks! just to remind you, Special spinny session tonight because Liz is in town, and we like to show just how friendly us aussies are... (plus it gives us an excuse to spin... )

8 Pm Alexander gardens! (just past the bridge on St Kilda Road, next to Federation Square...) we'll be right in the middle of the grassy area, or, give me a buzz on my moby for exactle details! Love to see you all there!

xoixoxoxox
Flynt (praying for the rain to go away just for tonight.....)

BernoSILVER Member
21 posts

Posted:
Hey, Guys, hope your spin went will with Lix.. I met her a couple of weeks ago here in Cairns.... nice gal!
Just want to let you know that I had to change my flight on Sunday 4 May to catch the Mardi Grass Rally, so wont be able to meet you all that night, but would love to catch up with the relay and meet etc etc on another night.

128 posts

Posted:
bump

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
Hello Possums!

Did everyone have a yummy easter?? how are the confestee's, recovering nicely??

The International HoP Tshirt Relay kicks off its travels this wednesday night at our Edinburgh spin session, so i'm hoping you will ALL be there to sign the shirts as they start their journeys!

We will also possibly be having a visitor (Zoltar! and a bus load of kiddies) so get your poncho's and galoshes on, and brave the damp weather to come and spin with a WONDERFUL guy `

Be nice to see those HoP Bums who are on school holidays down this weds as well, lets get as many names on the shirts as possible!! xoxoxoxxo

ZoltarBRONZE Member
Beginner
282 posts

Posted:
Wonderful....I'm blushing

Yes I am definately going to be there with a friend of mine I have been playing fire with lately, and a bunch of the young people he has been teaching. We were both coming anyway so wev thought it would be great for these young country kids to see sone skilled twirlers.

Look forward to meeting you all. And seeing you again Flynt

So much fire, so little body hair...

128 posts

Posted:
Hey, me and Jespa are going to be in St. Kilda gardens tonight if anyone feels like they need to get their fix of fire, or, like me, they have nothing to do on a friday night. Ummm, times, I don't really know, probably close to 8? But if I see people there earlier I'll duck in with them.

My mobile number is *number removed due to desires for privacy* is anyone cannot find me, or just wants to ring me to see what it's like, or if you're wondering where the hell I am? I hope to get a few people there for a casual, social spin, also, friday night, ackland street - anyone got a busking license?

Oh, did I mention we will be getting pizza? Mmmm, La porchetta, $8 gets you a large pizza...

[ 26. April 2003, 02:15: Message edited by: Ayellayen ]

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
sorry guys, Flynt's gonna pass on this one. She's tired and sick and overworked and typing in the third person. She's probably going to go home and sleep all weekend again.

She thanks you for the invite tho! xoxoxoxxo

128 posts

Posted:
Hmmm, great. My phone number is at the top of a high traffic internet page. That'll have to change.

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
just a quick thanks to everyone for NOT showing up last night at Luna Park.

It turned out to be a fabulous night for spinning, so i felt quite luxurious being there spinning on my own.

*please note: any gratitude in this post is merely extremely irritated sarcasm. Thankyou for reading.*

tjoniBRONZE Member
116 posts

Posted:
Hi luvs,
Hope you all had a lovely Easter, and consoling hugs to all who missed confest
To all Edinborougheees, (?!) most of you would know our lovely fire faerie friend Melissa , but until now none of you would know she's having a birthday tomorrow! Well now you do know you'll have no excuses for not joining us on Saturday night, 3rd May, for birthday drinks . 9pm at Yelza, 245 Gertrude St, Fitzroy, (cnr Smith St.)...we'd love to see you there! xxoo

I'm out of my mind...but you can leave a message

If you remain calm while all around you is collapsing...possibly you are missing something

6,978 posts

Posted:
yay for birthdays and not generally getting not-younger in style!

128 posts

Posted:
Myself, Jespa and Phil (Battered_rat) have our school formal that night. Apologies, but we/they/me(I) wont be there.

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
Hooray! a birthday! and it couldnt have happened to a nicer person `

Hoping to see lots of lovely spinny folks tonight at Edinburple, lets pray the rain holds off? xoxoxoxox

Jespamember
21 posts

Posted:
the way things are looking right now... sunday is probably going to be a no show from us as well... dont think we'll be feeling anywhere close to 100% or even 10% for that matter... but we'll see...

Cheers

-Ba^eX-member
254 posts

Posted:
i really gotta get out there n meet all you trippers

If life was a ball of fire...i would be the poi sustaining it

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
Are my favourite monkey men sick????

` poor guys

Page: ......