Page:
ChloeBRONZE Member
54 posts

Posted:
Don't spose anyone knows if glastonbury (uk) is on this year, i know the final decision was gonna be made a few days ago but i haven;t heard anything. I hope it is, this year i will be watching and twirling, instead of just watching blush)chloe

Chloe.
-I'm dancing through the fire just to catch a flame-
Paul Weller

Pheelgoodmember
30 posts

Posted:
i had a look and it seems that the Glasto is go, despite them widrwaing their festival lisence application in November.they're giving it all this 'you'll never get in without paying cos we spent loads of cash on a new fence' verbal, but i'd like to see them keep EVERYONE from climbing a handy tree.Where's the spinnning action? I've only been a couple of times, and i have to say i was in no fit state to remember details (like days of the week or geography). It must be Greenfields, right?

catboymember
167 posts

Posted:
hey... i wanna go too this year! let me know where you are going to be people, and i will try and meet up!b smile

you can take the cat out of the jungle, but you cant take the jungle out of the cat

Pheelgoodmember
30 posts

Posted:
I'm definitely gonna be there early - nowhere near the back of a hamburger bar like last time. Eugh.After three days those Hamburgers really get a stink on.Although i've since been to Hamburg and they're really quite nice there.

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
I wouldn't mind going too, I've never been able to afford it before.Is there anywhere that's reasonably safe to spin fire in? I don't really fancy lighting up anywhere near the tents.------------------Bovril - It's liquid cow y'know

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
This is probably a dull question but does anyone have a clue of the line-up yet? The past 2 years it's been poo and I tend to go for the music as well as the atmosphere...

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

ChloeBRONZE Member
54 posts

Posted:
Glastonbury fest has alot of firespinners go, the stone circle is one of the main areas that people tend to congregate.. with drums, music, fire etc cos it's one of the only areas which is just an open space - no one camps there or sets up stalls as far as i can remember, and it's a beautiful place, overlooking the entire site and surrounding area. I saw some wonderful sunsets/rises up there.. and first got inspired to take up poi.The last time it was on i worked in one of the Wise Crone, which is a big cafe type place, did 4 6 hr shifts, got my ticket paid for, 15 ukp worth of food vouchers and clean toilets every day (which was incentive enough in itself smile ) The food was well tasty and the clean toilets... well what can i say, to find a clean toilet on site after a 5 day festival.. is well, rare! smileYeh, so anyone who thinks they are gonna head to Glasto this year, i know it's been discussed already, but we should all try to meet up and swing en masse. If every so often someone mentions it and a bit closer to the time we get a little organised, i'm sure it'll come together.Not sure who's playing this year.. (sadly i heard a rumour that rod stewart may be there AAA!) they didn't anounce who was playing last time till few days before the fest... it's a great festival tho, my spinning always improves ten fold every time i go to a festival just cos of the inspiration and the other people around to share ideas with.Hopefully c u there. as u can see, i'm thinking about it already smile Chloe.

Chloe.
-I'm dancing through the fire just to catch a flame-
Paul Weller

woodymember
99 posts

Posted:
Got sent this link for the festival petitionhttps://www.efestivals.co.uk/glastonbury/petition.shtmlHopefully the licence will be granted, though we could meet there anyway :-)------------------Have fun!Woody

Luv and Lemons.WoodyMrs Jaypher said, 'It's saferIf you've lemons in your head;First to eat, a pound of meat,And then to go at once to bed.

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
Hi Chloe,I hope to do my best to get there again this year grin Hopefully we will get a large group of us down to enjoy the amazing festival!Mark.PS. Thanks for sorting out the stuff in the Pub for New Years, we both really enjoyed it smile. The Tribe of Frogs party was great, left with very sore arms at approx. 9.30am and it was still going strong. I even managed a couple of the sparkler sets outside in sub zero temperatures!

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Line Up? They have organised bands and stuff? I thought it was several days of wandering round encountering new and exciting things, sounds and people.For info the official site is: www.glastonburyfestivals.co.ukThe stone circle is one of the best places on the site, full of life and always spinners at night.May or may not be going (as may be in the Philipines), but will know nearer the time.[This message has been edited by -Dom- (edited 03 January 2002).]

catboymember
167 posts

Posted:
im crap at things like this, so please keep posting and then i can just follow people there... i always think about going to things like that when its on the telly recorded from 3 days ago....as far as stone circles goes, im lucky enough to have one at the end of my road, so if any of you are in leic., look me up and come for a twirl!b smileps its ancient (i think the council put it there about 30 years ago... smile

you can take the cat out of the jungle, but you cant take the jungle out of the cat

Starburstmember
11 posts

Posted:
Well I'm definately gonna be there this year. Finally moved from Yawnsville and am ready to have my Glasto virginity taken! smile

I have bursts of being a lady...but it doesnt last long

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
Cool it will b good to see you htere I broke the virginity 2 rs ago and it wasnt on last year so I will be ther ethis year smile------------------Mark P (the mad chemist)

Axismember
171 posts

Posted:
If things go to plan i'll be doing my new solo show in the big top in the circus theatre field.Hopefully another lifetime ambition fulfilled. Can't wait, see y'all there!love Axis

orangemember
158 posts

Posted:
hiya all smileyeah they are really saying ...no ticket..no getting close to the areaand that this is the breaker-if people break the festival - it`ll never go on ever againmaybe a homeofpoi show by the lot of us -would get our entries sorted - united we standdesserts and woowoo`s...xxx...p.s. chloe - are donna&chris of 'tribe of frog' still around? as i thought they were off to sunny spain?...love to them from orange if you still see them-i met my girlfriend at one of their parties in ibiza and helped with the stageshow bit too - yayayay good vibes smile------------------swoopedinandswoopedoutagain...orange...xxx...

swoopedinandswoopedoutagain...orange...xxx...

catboymember
167 posts

Posted:
mad chemist... are you the same guy with the recipie for glow stick goo?...if so, i want to see supersoakers full of the stuff at glastonbury!

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
*BUMP*Hi all,Just thought I would get this going again as there has been confirmation that Glasto is going ahead . . Yeah!Dates : Glastonbury 2002 will take place on 28-30th June 2002.check out the fence though : https://www.efestivals.co.uk/glastonbury/2002/issues.shtmlrecon
we had all better get tickets this year.PS yes I am the one with glowstick recipies, unfortunately I am spending too much time making new toys at the moment to find out if I can actually come up with the goods. The chemicals are looking fairly difficult to get hold of in small quantities and are fairly expensive frown ------------------Mark P (the mad chemist)

GoaFiremember
71 posts

Posted:
im definitly off.... smile will see u all there...will be everywhere n anywhere spinning through the day n a tnight either at 1 of the stages or the stone circle spinning fire or glowsticks...or playing with my staff which im getting in a couple of weeks... smilegoafire[This message has been edited by GoaFire (edited 29 January 2002).]

Spiral Starletmember
2 posts

Posted:
Im new on this sight, but I do poi. I really home Glasto is on this year, Ive never had the opertunity to go b4, so it wud b cool now I do have the chance. grinMy friend was there last time it was on and leant poi. I learnt it off her.Hope it does go on.C u all there then.------------------And the glint of light that caught your eye was the Spiral Starlet spinning her fire

And the glint of light that caught your eye was the Spiral Starlet spinning her fire

Axismember
171 posts

Posted:
If you are planning to jump the fence, DONT, you will ruin the festival forever, i also suggest you check the offical festival website and see who suffers because of this, mostly some of the poorest people on earth, glastonbury is perhaps THE biggest contributor to some of the major charities, you are killing people!and i'll bust your ass!Axis

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Tickets on sale now for a whopping £100 each, but it's worth it!Ticket Hotline: 0115 912 9129 or Order Online.I've bought mine. I'm happy, happy, happy!!!!Now, how much parafin shall I take? Hmmmmm....

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
I wasn't gonna go to Glastas this year as my birth is on the 29th and all my mates are usually too munted to even utter a hap b'day - I though i may go to amdam with the bloke.. but if you lot are planning on going then I may reconsider.. meet in the stone circle.. Dom - mate.. how much can you bring?? he he eh !

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
RedDragon - I have a friend who goes to Glastonbury and sits in his tent smoking. If there's a band on he wants to see he might wander over to watch. Personally I want to throttle him winkThe way I see it is you've got a couple of possible answers to the question "What did you do for your birthday?"1) Woke up, got a couple of pressies, went out and got drunk with me mates in Camberley.2) At the stroke of midnight I was fire spinning in a drumming circle in the green fields. For the next 24 hours I wandered afar, talking to countless pleasant strangers and witnessing many wonderful delights including: giant penguins looking for fish, a drunk passed out in the mud by the urinals wink, a giant passing ghost ship topped with dancers, metal dragons, dances and heard some great music. With the sun setting behind the hills I watched the festival light up beneath me, and I thought to myself 'This is perfect'. And then I descended to dance the joyous dance...Um, can't really seem to do Glasters justice in a paragraph, but you get the picture wink

rattycatmember
1 post

Posted:
basically it doesnt matter the usual pap(stereophonics, etc) are playing cos no other than PINK FLOYD are going to be there! yay!see you all at the stone circle doing some serious twirling at dawn!P.S make sure you all eat at Potato Moon this year cos they are the best food onsite by far thats why i work for them! (no bias though - of course)

rattycat

Randommember
43 posts

Posted:
Is there any way of getting into glasto by doing a bit of fire poi? i usually hitch down and jump the fence but i dont want it all called off as i need my hit of glasto. or perhaps a bit of work any one know who to call give me an email if ya do random2000@yahoo.com ------------------"smoking makes you look cool" His Majestys personal Elvis

smoking makes you look cool His Majestys personal Elvis

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
I doubt it Random. Only way in for free is to work on site. You could steward and get in free, get free food and better camping. There's details on the web site.

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
Wahoo! for NO REASON am I gonna miss out on Glastonbury this year and I'm certainly planning on bringing my poi (and possibly staff too if I can ever get the hang of the darned thing) See you all there - That is - if I can find someone willing to come up with me frown - my 'friends' can be really dull....Bah! I'll get my poi out and whip them into shape - don't fancy going on me tod!

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Ros, you can always ask to gate crash someone else's camp if you're alone. But this is Glasters, where everyone's pretty open and friendly!You want dull, this guy I know from uni, Paul. It's like you have to jump start him with 240V just to get a hello! He probably won't be at Glasters this year, last time he mainly just sat in his tent!

GoaFiremember
71 posts

Posted:
i got my ticket...woohoooooo.....anyways...dom are u coming back up to leeds again soon.....we still havent ahd that spin yet....lol...byeeeeeee

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Hi GoaFire,Don't know about Leeds. I've not been up for a while frownStill, there's always Glasters![This message has been edited by -Dom- (edited 20 March 2002).]

phuzzzmember
160 posts

Posted:
does anyone on this board know Pixi(julie) andJay?two longhairs that lived in glas? jay paints and pixi twitls poi? just curious. will be there this tear! my first time in europe!

Page: