Page: ......
pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
ello to all sheffield poi and fire spinners out there, as i can see there are quite a few that use the bulletin board here! recent talks with several poi'ers that i know, we would like to meet up on sunday 30th december @ endcliffe park (ecclesall road)for an afternoon/evening of poi and fire frolics in the park to celebrate the festive seasons and see out the year before the mad new year parties where ever you may be going! basically just to have fun, meet other ppl that are unfortunate not to frequent headcharge or planet zogg and so we can all learn some new moves etc...so what do you all think? can you make it? post you replies here and i will put up more details..
thank funk for poi!
pk

[ 05. December 2002, 09:37: Message edited by: PK ]

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
:bump: where is every one these days?

psychoactivated neural rustmember
33 posts

Posted:
hiding from the rain

and preparing for the party at spiral's / mind gap's tomorrow

No left turn unstoned!

Mineiromember
262 posts

Posted:
hahahahahahah!!!!!!! i steal your pk for days!!!!MWahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!
and hes not coming back til doubles are smoooooooooth.
R

brain replacement...anyone?

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
sounds good, i hate fucking sheffield right now and so cant be arsed with the scene here any more.

Miss Dnewbie
1 post

Posted:
Hey Misery Guts! Cheer Bloody up!!! I'm glad I went last Sunday to Poi in the Park, It was fun. (Wet, cold and Windy) BUT STILL FUN! Nancy is a little sweetheart, and we both think ants are totally gross... eghhh aggghhh they're crawling all over me.......

Davena

primative_toyshappy hunting
228 posts

Posted:
can an aussie boy join in for a nite of prayer to the fire and moon gods/godess'? ill try my best to get my ass to sheffield...
mythmitch

regret nothing, learn everything

fire_light_movement

.Morph.SILVER Member
addict
669 posts

Posted:
Is anyone headed for Headcharge this Friday?
I should be, I've just gotta convince work to let me have the time off.

lollipurple penguin- soon to be
478 posts
Location: playing with the pixies at the arsse end of the mi...

Posted:
what actually happened with last sunday, missed your phone call pk, my bad, tried phoning ppl up to see where they were, coz got to the park and noone there *sob sob snuffle*

anyways to those, not silly enough to lose their way hope it was foon!

My spelling wobbles. its very good spelling but it wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong place

sMythmember
10 posts

Posted:
hiya to all that love to dance with fire...
sMyth here, looking for friends in england.

the mind gap.old hand
829 posts

Posted:
firemorph - lots of people i know will be taking their poi to headcharge this friday (but not me i've got no money)

so i'm sure you won't be able to miss them

wherever you go, there you are.

Jomember
517 posts

Posted:
Ho Ho Ho

Headcharge v Zog Xmas special.

Yes, methinks I'll be there.

However, I'm sure it'll be Fing packed so I might not bother with the poi.

Anyone think there'll be room? The last few times I've been to Hcharge there's been barely enough room to dance, let alone spin.

Jo.

PS, TEMPESTS!!! are you up for it?

Educate yourself in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

the mind gap.old hand
829 posts

Posted:
the headcharge / zogg night will be packed. no doubt about that.

but all the crasher kids and drunk townies always go home around 3am so there should be space sometime during the night.
and there's always the entrance arch if you just have to spin something.

if you are going i'd advise you to get there early or buy a ticket beforehand.

wherever you go, there you are.

primative_toyshappy hunting
228 posts

Posted:
hello smyth... dont catch alite,,,., i now its hard,.,have fun.,
mythmitch

regret nothing, learn everything

fire_light_movement

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
maybe Jo.

Could do with letting my hair down a bit but depends on place to crash amongst things. You still in Edinburugh PK?

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
Hey Lazy

Do they refuse people on the door if it gets full, have they before?
And what is considered early.

Cheers

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
I know it a bit early and I am asking before time but:

Who will be at the Boxing day PlanetZogg?!

Do ya know?!

Do ya also know that I am soon relocating up north and from the looks of it I will be living in Cementary (sp?) road...

Ha ha going to join the pixies Going to have some fun Going to join all ya nutters in that mad place! LOL!!!! Yes its so exiting....!!!!!!!

*jumps around her old room in anticipation*

Much love and hugs to all those in soggy Sheff,
Drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

.Morph.SILVER Member
addict
669 posts

Posted:
Cheers for the info guys.
D'ya reakon gettin there early will be okay? I could book tickets, but I'm not going to be able to pick them up, and it doesn't look like they'll hold them at the door. Any ideas?

See ya bouncing around in there

NoonaBRONZE Member
Cake lover
258 posts

Posted:

Looking forward to a mad bounce around on Friday, even though I've got to be a 10foot Santa at 10am on Saturday morning - hooray!!

I'm not even gonna think about taking twirly things with me though, it's going to be ridiculously packed and I don't want to twat anyone and piss people off!

Drome, Cemetery Road is a great place to live. The Vine is there. When are you back in Sheff?, cos on thursday (tommorrow) Dill and Greg Zogg are playing with Ron and Dave Atomiser at the Vine. Should be fun.

Also now there's stuff to do on a Monday night - yay! Dill's got one of the downstairs rooms at Corporation. And drinks are only 50p! what more could you want?

wOOoooOOoOoOwoOOoOOOOOOoOooooyippeeeeeeee the weekend beckons!

NoonaBRONZE Member
Cake lover
258 posts

Posted:
oh just realised you said Boxing Day Drome, nope can't go, working in N.Ireland. Bit of a bummer cos it's real psy-trance for once and looks like it's gonna be a good'un. Oh well.

Tempest I think PK gets back Thurs night. I know Kato is definately going to the arches though.

I would offer floor space but got to work Saturday morning and night. Too much to do, too little time aaaargh my head is going to explode.

In answer to your question, early is probably about 11 for this one, and yes people get turned away if it's full.

See you there all

[ 12. December 2002, 10:40: Message edited by: Noona ]

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
Thank you Noona, very helpfull indeed.

NoonaBRONZE Member
Cake lover
258 posts

Posted:
My pleasure!

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
back, busy.. need time out, check you laters.
time for staffage!

tenticleenthusiast
275 posts

Posted:
Headcharge was wicked for those who diddn't make it... No queueing, mostly relentless techno with not to many of those annoying floaty trancey bits where they take the beat away, a ridiculously high standard of poi all night, and no one seeming to mind if I twatted them one, or borrowed thier poi cos they look nice under UV...
And it got quiet enough that I could stagger about completely wasted, spinning with my eyes closed and not worry about hitting things cos there was no one left to hit. And if all that doesn't make it a wicked night, I don't know what does...

Ben

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
missed out on meeting more of the Sheffield spinners - arse again.

For a little while anyhow.

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
HELP there is VAMPYRE in my boat!!!!!!

Sorry I am missing all the festivities but all I do nowadays, till Jan 3rd, is work. Boo-hoo

Are we nearly there yet?

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
thistle ur neither tall nor irish either oh the possibilities are endless
pm me ur address i wanna send u a crimbo card for being my mom at poiinthepark.

lollipurple penguin- soon to be
478 posts
Location: playing with the pixies at the arsse end of the mi...

Posted:
just a quick message to all the lovely sheffield lot, im not going to be able to log on between now and when i leave to go home for half term on friday so i want to say:

Happy Happy Christmas and New Year!!!!!!!!!1

have a good one and ill see you all (plus mebbe additions) in january

love you lots and jellytots
lolli x x x

My spelling wobbles. its very good spelling but it wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong place

Jomember
517 posts

Posted:
Hey TENTICLE,
I probably met you at hcharge. I didn't take any poi so I was borrowing everyone elses but you might remember me by a white Tshirt with a black gause over it. If you were spinning I'll definitely have seen you - what were you wearing / spinning?

Jo.

ps. there was plenty of room early on wasn't there?... great fun. Haven't been able to jump around like that for ages.

Educate yourself in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

tenticleenthusiast
275 posts

Posted:
Hi Jo...

Err... jeans and a colour-that-used-to-be-black tshirt, probably... And I was mostly spinning everyone else's poi because mine are rubber dog balls in black bags, and don't show up under UV.
Despite playing with a UV pen in the queue.

If you span at all during the night I probably saw you... Generally, if i'm not actually spinning, then i'm watching other spinners...

-Ben

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
Hey Mr PK! sorry we didn't make the last pip, and scince having my phone nicked amonth or two ago its been really difficult getting in touch with anybody, But I have it now, we'll have to hook up sometime soon, not seen you in AGES
whens the next bash then? and yes, I should be at boxing day zogg, it'll be ny first arches excursion in too long!

Page: ......