Page: ......
pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
ello to all sheffield poi and fire spinners out there, as i can see there are quite a few that use the bulletin board here! recent talks with several poi'ers that i know, we would like to meet up on sunday 30th december @ endcliffe park (ecclesall road)for an afternoon/evening of poi and fire frolics in the park to celebrate the festive seasons and see out the year before the mad new year parties where ever you may be going! basically just to have fun, meet other ppl that are unfortunate not to frequent headcharge or planet zogg and so we can all learn some new moves etc...so what do you all think? can you make it? post you replies here and i will put up more details..
thank funk for poi!
pk

[ 05. December 2002, 09:37: Message edited by: PK ]

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
out of interest, whats the plan for getting to london, are we making our own ways there? just I gotta go to cambridge this weekend, so I was gonna kill 2 birds with one brick and get the bus ticket to london at the same time

Walking_Corpsemember
6 posts

Posted:
Looking forwards to playing wiv fire for at least 12 hrs.... Just hope i don't manage to hit meself on the bonce again - think i'd look a bit psycho with a shaved head.....
Got some new tricks in my repetoire - just need to polish 'em up again.

......oh yeah, for those who don't recognise the nick, it's that mental Canadian Joe.....

anyone got any spare wicking so i can make some chains on the blag????

In order to preserve our sanity during the day, we must go insane every night...

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
hello there canadian joe. you departing to london aswell?, not sure if anyone has whick though, all i got is whats on my poi sets and my staves.

yeah liam, we are all making our own way there. we are our own organised selves not like those southern fairys that have to have things perfect. They could allways organise a coach for us if they want but i dont think that would happen.
Not even sure of my lift yet, i got my ticket for this coming wednesday but i thought it would have been a lil cheaper booking a week in advance but no they still want 43 quid for a return on the train, robbing Ba**ards.

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
£43???

But cantus can get all the way down here for half that! That's extortionate! Book some Virgin Value tickets or something - I can't see why it's so expensive. Ah well. MIght even be able to see you there (trying desperately to iron out various difficulties).........

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
can't wait to see you all on the 18th.....hey hey hey then again on 25th May.

Yep you guessed it I'm coming to Sheffield!

Two weekends in a row with you guys....ohh can I take it......can you lot take it more like

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
yeah midland mainline go from sheffield to st pancras direct, i found out today if you get 4 tickets (4sight)in advance it only costs 44 quid!! yet a single return is 43 quid.. check that.. totally robbin assholes.
but hey its gonna be worth it.

Mushinkatomember
164 posts

Posted:
pssst.. see you guys on the 18th..
K

Kato

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
hey look, Kato is awake. How you doing?

Is Canadian Joe coming to London? Anyone know?

Meh

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
erm where did you spring from you sly goat?

cyberpunkgrrlmember
27 posts

Posted:
OK, help me out...I live in london but I'm a regular in Sheffield (boyfriend lives here!) I'd love to meet twirlers in the area - trying to get him into it too, and already converted his friend!Where are when is the next meeting and are you nice to strangers?

*s*

Retry
Abort...

Failed!

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
no we are a bunch of extreme nutters that for fun form a big group once amonth in the park and swing fire helplessly around on chains cos there is nowt else to do. and whats the fun in kicking a ball round in the park....... lets do poi in the park...
yeah come on down, chill, smoke, spin make friends what ever. all you need is smoking equipment if you partake, fuel, toys, blanky, hanky if you have a cold, more drugs if you wanna party afterwards, and a big friend smile and shout your name at the top of your voice when you see spinners.
the venue has "loos" not that you want to go in them but they are there. lil cafe sells allsorts of nice coffees and cakes. we have tunes suplied by cato.
our resident clowns cantus and spiral. resident criple noona aka laura. mad chianese lookin weirdo kato. and oddball me..
we have unicyclists, jugglers, staff/doubles and poi spinners. i do a lil meteor as well as 3 ball dave if mad will is there he probably has games too.
we have glotoys and fire toys.
we even meet in the snow too, thats how mad we all are.
we dont care who you are what you do, what your abilities are, as long as you come along have fun maybe learn a few things and make new fire friends.
well thats about all i can type after going to juggling club and the pub, at least i didnt have to ride my uni home like most weeks, too wet fer my liking.
hope to see you at clapham common on the 18th may 3pm onwards, or the 25th may 5pm onwards endcliffe park, huntersbar.
maps and directions on the website for both meets, i sugest going to the london meet on the 18th.

[ 14 May 2002, 10:27: Message edited by: Poi'd and insane ]

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Resident what? Is that why you make me wear those big daft shoes, drive the funny little car and keep squirting me with the soda syphon then?

How come Noona gets an aka and me and spiral dont?
(not that i want an aka but it's always nice to be offered).

Meh

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
c@ntus aka: oh that c@ntus
spiral aka: fucks he's tall!

does that lil car fit OS1's gear in the back seats?

onedizzybirdmember
136 posts

Posted:
bugger bloody exams are preventing me from getting excited about up and coming pip's i won't be able to come and play until july....bummer (if only i had done my work!)

hi cyber how are you? hope your well!

hope you all enjoy playing down south and the next couple of pip's

see you soon

x

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
aww but rach!! fuck study, you need to spin with us.. we'll miss you.

NoonaBRONZE Member
Cake lover
258 posts

Posted:
Oooh I've just had a brainwave PK! If we can't find a campsite we could always see if anyone would be willing to let us camp in thier garden?
Do people in London have gardens?

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
no they all live in milk cartons.

onedizzybirdmember
136 posts

Posted:
awww cheers pk but pip = a lost saturday night = sunday, did sunday happen?? = dead monday = what day???? o exam day ... whoops failed exam day/s = no summer fun.....= grumpy rachel ...bummer!

well...rather not have a grumpy summer but if the study is going well by next saturday or if it seems to be having no effect at all i'll see you then.

have fun x

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
Resident what? hehehehe that'll be the acid! and yeah, my mum used to make me sleep in grow bags! Noona, u seen the latest headcharge flyer?

getting the bus down after headcharge (ouch) and meeting up with my southern fairy freinds!!! I'm trying to con Sy into coming too.... see u all there!
PK did u get my text message?

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Hey all, have a beautiful day tomorrow! I'm crazy jealous that I can't join you all. Perhaps I will spin tomorrow in an NYC park just to show solidarity.

Please give my girlfriend a kiss for me since I can't... But no tounge

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Will do! When I left she was making crepes in the kitchen. That girl is sooooooo sweet! Spot the lucky guy in New York!

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Oh, you suck. You didn't have to mention the crepes. Oh how I miss those crepes and nutella.

Me, lucky? Don't I know it.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

orangemember
158 posts

Posted:
i`ll see you all later today
i`m bringing the h.o.p. firekit too... so more
toys toys toys - sounds like a song...?...
clapham common - at the bandstand 3pm i`ll be wearing a smile... oh and a multitude of orange stuff...xxx...

swoopedinandswoopedoutagain...orange...xxx...

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Is Sy coming then? Actually I won't see this page until I return now and I'll know the answer because of the power of memories so it doesn't matter really.

So glad mr Orange is coming.

I may be late (like arriving around wednesdayish) because Ros is making me come find her and I haven't been on the underground unsupervised before - and the last time I went on it at all I was very, very much younger. I think it could end in much misery but she seems to have confidence in me.....

Rach you hate law anyhoo, why not miss the exams and come to London?

Meh

onedizzybirdmember
136 posts

Posted:
well c@ntus the studying is not doing me much justice at the moment and during a seriously bonkers weekend i would not have made it down anyway...its unlikely that i will be there on saturday but who knows i still might turn up if i begin to swim through words of nonsense again from stareing blankly at pages of cases.

i heard that pip 5 was only excellent...like others i am dead jealous!!!

anyhow catch you all later, see you soon xxx

cyberpunkgrrlmember
27 posts

Posted:
Raa! I will be there for a time - going out in the evening with some mates so have to leave early!
PIP in London was great, but I was too shy to go and talk to anyone...so if anyone notices a small, lost looking girl, possibly with two even more lost-looking guys, come and say hi!
Anyway, seeyas all saturday!!

*s*

Retry
Abort...

Failed!

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
It's ok, we all look lost too. Except Kato - he just takes his clothes off...

Meh

dibs_starmember
603 posts

Posted:
Guys whats the date of SPIP for June? Anyone know yet?
Me going to come and play!

Dibs xxx

Can miles truly separate us from friends? If we want to be with someone we love aren't we already there? If there is someone willing to show, and there is someone willing to see; magic happens. This is whem humans are alive. This is when the wingless fly.

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
oooo Dibs! YAY! If I can make it up I might finally get to meet you.

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
It'll be when I'm staying at your house though angel....

Meh

Page: ......